Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I screamed for Schweinsteigers signature after the World Cup he was deployed in CM for the national team ( was still out on the wings for Bayern)

WAs player of the tournament for me and we should have broke the bank for him.

He has gone from a golden boy mediocre winger to imo one of the best CM's for years. He went from gangly and ropey to strong and powerful.

If I'd a choice I'd go for Kroos, but only because he is essentially turning into Schweinsteiger except younger.

One of the great examples of how a bit of work and belief can re-forge a player. Such a transformation.

I'm convinced, and I said I was when Pep first went there and signed Thiago, there is going to be a big name dropping out of that midfield, and we should try snap that person up. Cause from Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Martinez, they aint half bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

not sure if aware but if you have the basic sky package you can get just sky sports 1 for an extra €11 a month all premiership matches are on ss1,if there is something on one of the other channels you want to watch you can ring up and they will switch it over for you no problem.
    i had to cut my sky myself so no links needed this is from the horses mouth ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

How much would you pay for a station that showed every United game - 1st team / reserves etc.

I'd pay €500/Year for something like this. Would have to be a proper station and not a stream :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Has Thiago done much at Bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He has been injuried for quite a bit of the season to be fair to him but he was stupid to go there if he wanted first team football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

11/12 apps 1 goal not a regular by any means iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jambofc wrote: »
    not sure if aware but if you have the basic sky package you can get just sky sports 1 for an extra €11 a month all premiership matches are on ss1,if there is something on one of the other channels you want to watch you can ring up and they will switch it over for you no problem.
    i had to cut my sky myself so no links needed this is from the horses mouth ;)

Why they didn't tell me this when I was very clear about my situation is beyond me :(

I'd happily pay that for Sky sports 1.

Also in separate moanings and grownings. UPC customers get Sky Sports News for free.

I'm with Sky, and have to pay for it, WHAT THE **** NEED TRANSFERS NEWWWSSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

NeVeR wrote: »
    How much would you pay for a station that showed every United game - 1st team / reserves etc.

I'd pay €500/Year for something like this. Would have to be a proper station and not a stream :D
    You see the problem with a channel like that then is that you could only watch matches involving United and you would miss out on other big PL matches that you might want to watch (City v Chelsea v Arsenal v Liverpool etc). A United League title could be decided from matches not involving united and you would miss out on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheDoc wrote: »
    I would greatly appreciate that once the window shuts, some attempts at 4-2-3-1, would make me so happy. Failure or success, to just ditch 4-4-2 and go for something more solid.

What we have played so far this season would be recognised as a 4231 if Moyes was Spanish. Two central midfielders who tend to stay behind the ball and a number 10 who likes to drop deep - that's as much a 4231 as it is anything else. The 442 defensive shape we use is also very common for 4231 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

irishfeen wrote: »
    You see the problem with a channel like that then is that you could only watch matches involving United and you would miss out on other big PL matches that you might want to watch (City v Chelsea v Arsenal v Liverpool etc). A United League title could be decided from matches not involving united and you would miss out on them.

If say MUTV launched an international channel, bought the rights to every United game & showed them outside of the UK for a yearly subscription it would work..but it will never ever happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Why they didn't tell me this when I was very clear about my situation is beyond me :(

Also in separate moanings and grownings. UPC customers get Sky Sports News for free.

you have to pay for SSN? last time i used someones sky box that didnt have sky sports SSN was still there free this is probably a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

magnumbud wrote: »
    you have to pay for SSN? last time i used someones sky box that didnt have sky sports SSN was still there free this is probably a couple of years ago

Sky Sports news is free. I don't have sky Sports sub and can get sky sports news with no problem

If say MUTV launched an international channel, bought the rights to every United game & showed them outside of the UK for a yearly subscription it would work..but it will never ever happen
    Aye even Manchester United don't have the financial muscle to justify buying Premier League rights for the whole world even excluding the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

i have SSN and i dont pay for it

jambofc wrote: »
    i have SSN and i dont pay for it
    If you have sky or UPC you do pay for it.

If you have sky or UPC you do pay for it.

Nope. Have sky basic package and SSN is free. Always has been for me

Antibac wrote: »
    Nope. Have sky basic package and SSN is free. Always has been for me
    Are sky giving you the "basic package" for free? ... or you paying in the region of €27-35.

Sky Sports News is free on the UPC basic package & always has been

Are sky giving you the "basic package" for free? ... or you paying in the region of €27-35.

I'm paying for the basic package of course but the original question was about paying extra for SSN in comparison to UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pedantic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Well wouldn't Sky or BT cover some of them ?

I'm talking about a new channel,,, other teams would still be shown as they normally would.

Antibac wrote: »
    I'm paying for the basic package of course but the original question was about paying extra for SSN in comparison to UPC.
    Ah right I understand you now - they are both the same as far as i'm aware, comes as part of basic package but very far from "free"

duffman13 wrote: »
    Pedantic
    Not really because saying sky is giving you SSN for free is exactly what sky want us to think - the fact is every single one of us with an active sky viewing card/UPC subscription is paying for the channel.

NeVeR wrote: »
    Well wouldn't Sky or BT cover some of them ?

I'm talking about a new channel,,, other teams would still be shown as they normally would.
    Not a hope in hell that the rest of the PL would allow MUTV to buy Man Utd exclusive rights ... its Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal who together make by far and away the most money on rights and enable the PL to spread around the pot evenly to all 20 teams in the PL.

Not really because saying sky is giving you SSN for free is exactly what sky want us to think - the fact is every single one of us with an active sky viewing card/UPC subscription is paying for the channel.

You dont a pay a premium for it on top of your sub for the basic package so it is a bit pedantic

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    You dont a pay a premium for it on top of your sub for the basic package so it is a bit pedantic
    Well its built into the cost :pac: ... ok right back to Man Utd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Is it not free once u have the sky box even if the card is removed? Or is that Sky News??

Is it not free once u have the sky box even if the card is removed? Or is that Sky News??
    Sky News mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm pretty sure that at this point we're really not talking about United anymore. :P

Rooney & Van Persie confirmed in tonights squad :)

Think tonight is the night we give a team a good bashing again at Old Trafford!

• Advertisement

Yeah we could badly do with a 3/4-0 to bring back that fear factor of Man Utd - hopefully we can tear Cardiff apart and finally kick off our season with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

It's been far too long since we absolutely ripped someone apart.
    The season will turn once we hit 7 past someone. So said Nostradamus.

Its been a while since ive been this excited about a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Any match thread yet?

Only a Matter of time (not using the Mata pun) before a team shows up thinking they can get something from the game, come out to play and get hammered..tonight is that night, i can feel it. Just backed United -2 at 9/5 im so confident

Unfortunatly our big win might come against a club hero trying to make his way in management..im sure Ole will ge happy deep down inside though :p

Unfortunatly our big win might come against a club hero trying to make his way in management..im sure Ole will ge happy deep down inside though :p

What a bloody legend -

1999.jpg
    BfBh9SiIEAMlLJS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Only a Matter of time (not using the Mata pun) before a team shows up thinking they can get something from the game, come out to play and get hammered..tonight is that night, i can feel it. Just backed United -2 at 9/5 im so confident

eek, that looks like horrible value to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Our next 3 games are against clubs who's managers are x old Trafford employees, hopefully they will take pity on us and hand us an easy 3 points.

Pro. F wrote: »
    eek, that looks like horrible value to me.

The bookies know that Rooney,Van Persie & Mata will be hungry to run riot tonight. Might be a bit of revenge on the players mind after the dropped points away to Cardiff & the team as a whole will want to give the fans somethibg to shout about after Sunderland last week. Plus Mata will be a huge lift for everyone. Free money if you ask me

• Advertisement

The bookies know that Rooney,Van Persie & Mata will be hungry to run riot tonight. Might be a bit of revenge on the players mind after the dropped points away to Cardiff & the team as a whole will want to give the fans somethibg to shout about after Sunderland last week. Plus Mata will be a huge lift for everyone. Free money if you ask me

:eek:

Hardly! I fully expect United to win tonight, but to be that confident of a 3 goal margin... 9/2 sounds about right for -1 to me, not -2. I think a 3 goal victory is a bit of a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mata, Rooney and RVP are very unlikely to start any of them. 9/5 is a horrible price -2. My bet is both teams to score and United to win 23/10.

:eek:

Hardly! I fully expect United to win tonight, but to be that confident of a 3 goal margin... 9/2 sounds about right for -1 to me, not -2. I think a 3 goal victory is a bit of a long shot.

Its only a small amount of money. €20 or 4 pints down the local..have faith, this Cardiff team is bottom, were United, were at home, our big players are back, all adds up to Cardiff are getting good bashing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I love how the bookies know the United players will be mad to score a million goals, but still don't know enough to set a price that isn't free money. You'll have them riding bikes any day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Talk sport reporting that Rooney has signed new contract and might be announced this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

From Redcafe:

ff09cbfbee0a1fa5c60a44a4dedc47938f9b1944a1e65fa13fd4e7aaaece42c1_large

Too much talent in 1 pic.
    f0SESyR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

3 hours and 45 mins!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That looks a like a picture of Chico on Rooney's bag.

Mata looks the happiest of the lot of them. Hasn't had time to be overtrained yet. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Personally, I hope we rip Cardiff a new a*sehole tonight. Moyes needs to send out a message that he does have the ability to manage Man Utd. I can only imagine the reaction if he takes off Mata with fifteen minutes to go and brings on ryan giggs as we face an onslaught to hold onto a 1-0 lead with 15 minutes left :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement