Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The bookies know that Rooney,Van Persie & Mata will be hungry to run riot tonight.

And Cleverly and Fletcher will be itching to start pinging the balls up to their feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Talk sport reporting that Rooney has signed new contract and might be announced this evening.

Has anythig that Talksport has ever said ended up being true? TalkSh!te more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Has anythig that Talksport has ever said ended up being true? TalkSh!te more like

I don't remember many exclusives to be honest and I used to listen to it every day in the car to and from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'm properly excited for the match tonight, haven't felt this way in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I haven't the faintest idea about how reliable Talksport are, but that made me laugh a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

That's generally completely true. But I think I remember the last Rooney deal breaking first on talksport (Open to correction my memory's not what it was) So that's the only thing making me mildly more interested in this. I do think they have some connections in the rooney camp. They always get him for interviews too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

irishfeen wrote: »
    You see the problem with a channel like that then is that you could only watch matches involving United and you would miss out on other big PL matches that you might want to watch (City v Chelsea v Arsenal v Liverpool etc). A United League title could be decided from matches not involving united and you would miss out on them.

You could have a club only season ticket, say for €10 a month,
    a prem league ticket for say €20 a month making all games available
    a full soccer package for €30 showing Spain & Germany etc
    Then your full sports package.

I couldn't give a rats ass about rugby, golf, darts racing or whatever else they show, I don't have the time or interest to spend hours every day watching sport. Make the united games available and the pick of the top/ important games & I'd be happy.
    I gave up my sky sports sub 2 years ago because I couldn't justify €30-40 a month just to watch 2-3 United games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Mata, Rooney and RVP are very unlikely to start any of them. 9/5 is a horrible price -2. My bet is both teams to score and United to win 23/10.

simpsons-lock-of-the-week.jpg
    Too much talent in 1 pic.
    f0SESyR.jpg

Fecking Steve Round with his unintentional photobomb.

lordgoat wrote: »
    That's generally completely true. But I think I remember the last Rooney deal breaking first on talksport (Open to correction my memory's not what it was) So that's the only thing making me mildly more interested in this. I do think they have some connections in the rooney camp. They always get him for interviews too.

I know they do live games & have the likes of Stan Collymore doing the commentating but for exclusive news as soon as i hear or read TalkSport are reporting whatever i just zone out. There a bit like Goal.com, just make up crap for the sake of it, id say in January & August they get the most hits on their site & generate big revenue through ads etc through all the rumours & made up articles they create.

Ive no doubt that Rooney will sign a deal but theres no way TalkSport will know about it first, The Guardian are usually spot on & first when it comes to exclusives about United..then the likes of TalkSport report it like its there story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Antibac wrote: »
    Sky Sports news is free. I don't have sky Sports sub and can get sky sports news with no problem

To clarify. I know it's free on UPC. But it does not appear to be on Sky.

I contacted them multiple times about it, after hearing people say " O I have it for free and I'm on Sky" and they have said it's either a mistake or a perk for a customer.

Basic package sky customers do not get Sky Sports News as standard

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Football.com ‏@FootballcomUK 1m BREAKING: Wayne Rooney has agreed a new deal with Man United until 2019, according to talkSPORT. #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Still according to talkSPORT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Really hope this Rooney deal turns out to be true - whatever the money be it 300k or not he will become a United legend up there with Law, Best, Giggs and Charlton when he becomes our record goalscorer.

Really hope this Rooney deal turns out to be true - whatever the money be it 300k or not he will become a United legend up there with Law, Best, Giggs and Charlton when he becomes our record goalscorer.

In fairness when you break it down, the extra few bob a week probably pales in comparison to

Loss of revenue from missing out on Champions league
    Loss of revenue from Rooney being sold.

The banded fees of 20-25 million for Rooney is mental, you'd assume in this market he'd be a player that commands 4-50million, but with his contract running down, the club would be selling at a pretty substantial loss.

Probably breaks even, or even profitable in the long run, despite giving him an outrageous weekly salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mata and Fellaini signed and Rooney staying on is brilliant work by Moyes and Woodward.

If we could pick up Contrao and one of these top class midfielders it will be some turnaround on the non playing side of the job.

Results have to improve but i am optimistic and feel confident that Moyes is aiming for world class players instead of our recent policy of signing squad players.

It wont be £300,000 cash, it will be an estimated £300,000 a week deal as a result of basic wage, image rights & bonuses. There is no way United are paying Rooney that much in basic wage

Still its an insane amount to pay a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney & Van Persie confirmed in tonights squad :)

Think tonight is the night we give a team a good bashing again at Old Trafford!

Something else will get a good bashing if we do. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wouldn't completely dismiss Talksport on this occasion.

They seemed to be Rooney/Stretford's go to media outlet in the summer when there was plenty of speculation about Rooney's future. To say Talksport were on Rooney's side would have been an understatement, so maybe they do have some inside info.

That's only my theory though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Would be delighted if he signed a extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

£300,000 a week is far too much to be paying Rooney at his age!

Looking forward to the game tonight, can see Rooney starting and Mata and maybe RVP making appearances off the bench.

3-1 is my prediction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

An extension is a big move after his hair transplant.........

not sure if they would suit him. :D

It would be the absolute perfect time to reveal Rooney has signed - Rooney, RVP, Fellani back fit and Mata/Rooney signing the dotted line... now if that doesn't create positive momentum nothing will.

Wouldn't you ****ing break your hole laughing, if Cleverly got so freaked from all this new midfielder talk, that he stopped being ****.

That would be pretty funny....

TheDoc wrote: »
    Wouldn't you ****ing break your hole laughing, if Cleverly got so freaked from all this new midfielder talk, that he stopped being ****.

I think Cleverley may well be the new Darron Gibson

TheDoc wrote: »

He is a squad player, an FA Cup/League Cup player - it was never on that he would become the new Paul Scholes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jesus when I see 2019 written like that, I feel reeeeeeeally old....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Adam Crafton ‏@AdamCrafton_17h
    Juan Mata's dad just been on Spanish radio. Says JM 'wasn't used to not playing', #mufc 'a massive club', Mata 'excited like a little boy'

Adam Crafton ‏@AdamCrafton_17h

Hopefully people don't expect miracles if he plays tonight. Probably seriously lacking match sharpness from that stint on the bench.

Same for Rooney, RVP and Fellaini, if any feature at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

All big if's but if Fellaini find's his Belgium form, Carrick get's back to form, Rooney and RVP stay fit along with Mata that's some difference in quality to front 6 for the rest of the season. All big ifs but i am hoping this will allow Moyes to play a better brand of football and a more positive approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

What are the fullbacks from youth team like, any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nuts102 wrote: »
    All big if's but if Fellaini find's his Belgium form, Carrick get's back to form, Rooney and RVP stay fit along with Mata that's some difference in quality to front 6 for the rest of the season. All big ifs but i am hoping this will allow Moyes to play a better brand of football and a more positive approach.

Same here,the quality is there just a matter of getting it out of them,hopefully tonight we will see an improvement in the performance and more importantly get three points in the bag and get things back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man im so excited

Dying to see the lineups

come on Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bullvine wrote: »
    What are the fullbacks from youth team like, any use?

Janko is highly rated .He is a RB back.I'm guessing but I presume you were think was there anyone to set up and take Evra's place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

£300,000 a week is far too much to be paying Rooney at his age!

I agree, if that figure is true. But the truth is we won't know what the wage will really be. A poster a while back (DM-ICE I think) showed a few of the quotes about Rooney's last deal from the Guardian, they were all sorts of contradictory. I also remember Young, Cleverley and Welbeck's wages being discussed a while ago, again there were contradictory figures being bandied about the 'net.

It seems now to me that there is lot's of speculation about individual player's wages, but rarely solid evidence.

Also, welcome to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

yabadabado wrote: »
    Janko is highly rated .He is a RB back.I'm guessing but I presume you were think was there anyone to set up and take Evra's place ?

What's the latest news on Varela? From the clips ive seen of him he looks a good prospect for RB.

• Advertisement

What's the latest news on Varela? From the clips ive seen of him he looks a good prospect for RB.

There were rumors that he may be leaving and he was on compassionate leave after his parents were involved in a car crash.Not sure if he is back but at his age he needs to be loaned out to make the push on.
    There is another RB in the reseves as well Vermaij(sp) he is out on loan .

Who is going to start the match thread ? No pressure but we can't afford to drop points tonight.;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

yabadabado wrote: »

Janko has played alot of the wing too. He's improved everytime i've seen him play so that's positive. Imo i don't the there are any full backs in the youth team ready to make the step up.

Varela has gone back home as been said. Not being a dick but whenever he has played he didn't look ready, good pace and technique but needed to bulk up alot. There is a player there but not sure of his level. Nowhere near first team yet imo.

Some of the others that watch the u-21s might have different opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

BfFf5ICCMAA-NGM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Varela is back. He was in the squad that lost to City in the U21's last night but he didn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Line up confirmed.

De Gea
    Smalling Rio Vidic Evra
    Valencia Carrick Cleverley Young
    Welbeck Hernandez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Line up confirmed.

De Gea
    Smalling Rio Vidic Evra
    Welbeck Hernandez...

Hahaha, you got me, wanker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Line up confirmed.

De Gea
    Smalling Rio Vidic Evra
    Welbeck Hernandez...

****s sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mm should be shot for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Line up confirmed.

De Gea
    Smalling Rio Vidic Evra
    Welbeck Hernandez...

matas not playing wtf??! moyes out haha!

looks a very weak team imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

RVP and Mata start, Rooney on bench :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

mata and rvp start :):)

:) Irishfeen is very Happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Line up confirmed.

De Gea
    Smalling Rio Vidic Evra