Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

yabadabado wrote: »
    He wasn't impressed coming off and threw his gloves down on the ground/at the bench and seemed to be walking off to the tunnel .Someone on the bench offered kroos their hand but he didn't shake it.

Players usually react like that to not playing, rather than not earning more money, interesting all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jaysus I would test the waters and offer them a sum that would make them scratch their heads - after Mata anything is possible :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Thiago has just scored a beauty for Bayern away yo Stuttgart (last minute). That goal alone was worth whatever Bayern paid for him, pure class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good result for us tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Headshot wrote: »
    Good result for us tonight

Kinda weird actually wanting City to beat Spurs.

I feel dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Kinda weird actually wanting City to beat Spurs.

I feel dirty.

its been a dirty type of season

n32 wrote: »
    its been a dirty type of season

You at game last night? Heard anything if so?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Was Kroos behind Thiago and on bench before Thiago was injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

If the scores stay as they are tonight a win on Saturday could possibly move us up to 5th! Follow that with a home win against Fulham and we'll be breathing down liverpools necks.

Im actually not looking forward to Stoke at all. If all the big guns start then I will but I can see me watching this game mostly behind the couch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Unless Liverpool keep winning that is... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Stoke will be tough enough but I reckn we'll scrape to, one or two injuries will scupper liverpools season

It's going to be interesting to see what Moyes does with the team, going by the trend I think the attack will be Valencia right wing Mata left and RVP up top with Rooney behind. Mata and Valencia up and down then line and Rooney dropping into the midfield to get the ball.

It should be good enough to beat Stoke, but I can't see it working against Arsenal or Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Almost too perfect for our midfield..

Great little tune on this youtube...

Looks good but ye know how youtube can make players look spectacular...

If we beat Stoke and Fulham I think we can take Arsenal.

But I will just worry about Stoke first. This season has thought me just take 1 game at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Woodward should be on the phone for Kroos straight away.. Clearly all not well at Bayern :)

• Advertisement

Chelsea failing to score against a poor West Ham side at Stamford bridge, if only they had some sort of creative midfielder to bring juan :pac:

If we beat Stoke and Fulham I think we can take Arsenal.

But I will just worry about Stoke first. This season has thought me just take 1 game at a time.

Well said Kew one at a time is the only way to approach it..we've gotten ahead of ourselves a few times this and gone flippin mental (myself included) when things have gone bad
    Lets concentrate on controlling the controlables i.e. we win our games and the rest will take care of itself
    There'll be plenty of points dropped before things wrap up with each team having to play other contenders before the season is through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

That's about as good as it could have gone for us tonight. 3rd is 100% up for grabs Chelsea are no great shapes.

What is Jose thinking playing 2 defensive midfielders at home to west ham....The mind boggles

Chelsea failing to score against a poor West Ham side at Stamford bridge, if only they had some sort of creative midfielder to bring juan :pac:

Juan-astic Juan that Saucy ;)

This is why Chelsea wont win the league. To sell Mata to a rival & bring in Matic/Salah instead of a striker was stupid. Mourinho is a top top manager but he may have cost his team the title. Ba, Torres & Eto'o are not going to get you the league goals to win a title. We'll finish above Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That's about as good as it could have gone for us tonight. 3rd is 100% up for grabs Chelsea are no great shapes.

What is Jose thinking playing 2 defensive midfielders at home to west ham....The mind boggles

Away to City next as well,with the way City are playing can see Chelsea getting noting from that.

Our lads have to do the biz on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I think City will win this league, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

We'll finish above Chelsea

Steady on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This is why Chelsea wont win the league. To sell Mata to a rival & bring in Matic/Salah instead of a striker was stupid. Mourinho is a top top manager but he may have cost his team the title. Ba, Torres & Eto'o are not going to get you the league goals to win a title. We'll finish above Chelsea

That you Jamie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Kroos having a strop at being subbed. Defo playing up for a bigger contract

It always gets out of hand when we go on a decent run against the bottom sides

Anyone got that top 7 mini table updated to bring us back to reality, are we still bottom?

• Advertisement

You at game last night? Heard anything if so?

was over alright. heard every name under the sun mentioned! after seeing that mata was achieveable the lads who are normally fairly cagey have started dreaming up all sorts of possible names!

You're most likely right Kew but if any team could get a result at the council house its Chelsea, even a draw ould be good..
    As I said earlier we'll concentrate on ourselves first and foremost
    Ad lets not forget Citeh spent approx 100m in each of the last 3 seasons, they were bound to come good sometime..
    when the equaliser and David spend more in the summer lets see where things are at this time next season

nuxxx wrote: »
    Steady on

10 point gap..lot of games to be played, Chelsea have been hit & miss like us all season, if we didnt have injuries we would be level or above Chelsea. I can see them dropping many more points due to lack of world class striker

10 point gap..lot of games to be played, Chelsea have been hit & miss like us all season, if we didnt have injuries we would be level or above Chelsea. I can see them dropping many more points due to lack of world class striker

ifs ands buts and maybes don't produce results.....

if it wasn't for my total lack of talent, coordination, fitness, age, etc etc etc I would've won that ballon d'or this year :rolleyes:

was over alright. heard every name under the sun mentioned! after seeing that mata was achieveable the lads who are normally fairly cagey have started dreaming up all sorts of possible names!

Ya thankfully have heard nothing just that we are still looking to get another name in.

Dont think it will be worldy though.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

City have moved to a new level could see them winning the Champions League. Players of the quality of Vidal and Draxler are going to be needed to challenge them next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

City have moved to a new level could see them winning the Champions League. Players of the quality of Vidal and Draxler are going to be needed to challenge them next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

cracking results for us tonight.

Ya thankfully have heard nothing just that we are still looking to get another name in.

Dont think it will be worldy though.:)

doesnt need to be really. just a decent midfielder will do until the summer. Having Mata, Rooney and RVP with Jones, Giggs and cleverley behind them is like having a ferrari with a fiat panda engine. We could have messi and ronaldo up front but we d still struggle when our midfield cant make a tackle or pass the ball properly.
    If you look at our team we have a world class goalkeeper, good centre halves, one decent full back and fantastic attacking options. All we need is a good midfield to knit it all together and a replacement for Evra. A stop gap midfielder and someone like Coentrao would drive us up the table.
    Good to see Moyes getting a bit fiery. He s been way too passive so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

you deserve an Oscar for that one :D

• Advertisement

keano2012 wrote: »
    you deserve an Oscar for that one Juan :D

Corrected that Juan for ye Roy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We need a pun intervention on this thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    We need a pun intervention on this thread.

What's the Mata with some puns?

doesnt need to be really. just a decent midfielder will do until the summer. Having Mata, Rooney and RVP with Jones, Giggs and cleverley behind them is like having a ferrari with a fiat panda engine. We could have messi and ronaldo up front but we d still struggle when our midfield cant make a tackle or pass the ball properly.
    If you look at our team we have a world class goalkeeper, good centre halves, one decent full back and fantastic attacking options. All we need is a good midfield to knit it all together and a replacement for Evra. A stop gap midfielder and someone like Coentrao would drive us up the table.
    Good to see Moyes getting a bit fiery. He s been way too passive so far.

+1 on this
    Having someone (or two off) like Vidal,Pogba,Kroos,Herrera, Koke in CM alongside Carrick would sort out the midfield. Coentrao at LB (which could still happen if Madrid get Moreno) and a settled centre half pairing would go a long way toward completing the team. If we could then strengthen the quality of replacements, which has fallen off a wee bit so there's competition there from the bench we'd have no problem challenging City and most other clubs in Europe.
    Moyes has been making the right noises recently, lets see if he can deliver this summer (pre world cup please David) and then we should be in a position to judge him if things go right or wrong next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

brinty wrote: »
    Corrected that Juan for ye Roy...

thanks man Kanu believe I forgot to Cech my post before I posted it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

dont know how reliable this Portuguese journo is but he's saying Fernando has chosen City

https://twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Nuts102 wrote: »

I dont think City have moved to a new level. Put Yaya and Fernandinho into our midfield and we would be flying.

Similarly swap Valencia with Navas and the city player would look very average in our side.

keano2012 wrote: »
    thanks man Kanu believe I forgot to Cech my post before I posted it ...

you're Juan hell of a silly bhoy Woy
    somejuan should give yu a ki-ck in the butt-ner ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The really annoying this is that the vast majority of them are not even puns. Just using words that sound like other words!!

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    The really annoying this is that the vast majority of them are not even puns. Just using words that sound like other words!!

Ah it makes a change of people having a go at each other over moyes/tactics/Valencia/nani etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement