Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Incidentally, most non-Arsenal fans have taken great pleasure in knocking Wengers "achievement" of getting Arsenal into the Champions League every year.

"Yeah, great, but what have you won recently lol".

That may start to look foolish at the end of the season if United finish it trophyless and out of the CL.

As of right now, that's the more likely scenario for United under Moyes.

Unless someone wants to smash Suarez and Sturridge over the head i can't see Liverpool collapsing and 6 points is a valuable cushion when you consider they have 18 goals in hand on goal difference too.

Win at OT in a few weeks and suddenly its a 3 point lead. Plenty of twists left this season at the top and CL places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

adox wrote: »
    Its really not. Polar opposites in fact.

Agreed. I provide knowledgeable expert opinion which are always right. #2097 talks jibberish...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

My last name is actually Keane, just for the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Are Utd buying any more players in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

keane2097 wrote: »

And you were 20 in 1997. It all makes sense now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Are Utd buying any more players in January?

Yep, Kroos, Vidal, gundogan, coentrao, shaw, marchisio, pogba, guarin and Suarez

Yep, Kroos, Vidal, gundogan, coentrao, shaw, marchisio, pogba, guarin and Suarez

Shaw is not going to Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

But the rest are all on their way?

Ah that doesn't matter because were getting Ronaldo back, he's going to play left back for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ah that doesn't matter because were getting Ronaldo back, he's going to play left back for us

And still score 50 goals a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

If we hear nothing today, I doubt we'll sign anyone else.

But the rest are all on their way?

That was the joke, yes.

keane2097 wrote: »

yep and my last name is Keano and I joined boards in 2012....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well I guess I'll know one way or the other come Friday.

Heading off to Munich for a stag Friday morning at 5am. One of the "must do's" I said last year when this was booked was get a Kroos Bayern jersey.
    I suppose come time when I'm at the stadium on Saturday, I'll know what the situation is. (albeit so will everyone else)

I sincerely hope that a very heartbroken young frauline behind the counter, advises me they no longer sell Kroos Bayern jerseys, because he has left.

(Will still pickup a Kroos Germany jersey mind you)

I <3 Toni

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

KH25 wrote: »
    If we hear nothing today, I doubt we'll sign anyone else.

possibly but then we heard nothing of moves for coentrao and khedira until deadline day and the days that followed in the summer. i would say if we here nothing on kroos then sure but wouldnt rule out hearing something tomorrow if it comes off or not is another thing

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll know one way or the other come Friday.

Heading off to Munich for a stag Friday morning at 5am. One of the "must do's" I said last year when this was booked was get a Kroos Bayern jersey.
    I suppose come time when I'm at the stadium on Saturday, I'll know what the situation is. (albeit so will everyone else)

I sincerely hope that a very heartbroken young frauline behind the counter, advises me they no longer sell Kroos Bayern jerseys, because he has left.

(Will still pickup a Kroos Germany jersey mind you)

I <3 Toni

go get yourself a Kroos united jersey and bring that with u. Rumour has it that he is defo signing for a fact, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Well no - the fun has been at that being the only 'achievement' for each of the previous 8 years.

It will look foolish if we are championing it in 4 years time as some great achievement but being happy with simply making the CL this season is not foolish, and offers no hypocrisy to that laughs had at Arsenal's expense.

agree (its not) but my point was more - if there's failure to secure CL, he's managed to fail to do something most of us scoffed at Wenger for achieving (bearing in mind, Arsenal had far more reasons and a transition on a totally different scale to United).

keano2012 wrote: »
    yep and my last name is Keano and I joined boards in 2012....

No you didn't.

0fza.png

If this stuff about us offering a bid for Kroos is true, it better have been £35m plus. If I hear it being 20m or 25m I'd be ****ing distraught.

If you could stump 40m for Fabregas, you can stump 30m first bid for a far superior player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just to make tomorrow night more interesting I hope Utd are involved in a late move for someone.

But hopefully they wont leave it as late as the last time on deadline day!!

No you didn't.

0fza.png
    it was def 2012 when I joined. boards is wrong...

No you didn't.

0fza.png

Stop this fucking Keane conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Give me Coentrao on loan and I'll happily watch this window close.

We need him, he needs us. Please can everyone involved just see the sense behind it all!

Stop this fucking Keane conversation.

No, I quite like at least one of our Keanes and want to talk about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

We need him, he needs us. Please can everyone involved just see the sense behind it all!
    . So we dont need a midfielder are u for real ?

• Advertisement

. So we dont need a midfielder are u for real ?

Can you quote the part where I said that?

I think we have a better chance of getting a LB, particularly Coentrao on loan where we dont have to spend huge amounts of money in January. Hence, I'll take a strengthening of the defense for now and start the summer planning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Looking to play my wildcard on FF this morning and noticed that Evra is actually the fourth highest points scoring defender. Crazy. Shows how you can score well on that and not actually play well.

Looking to play my wildcard on FF this morning and noticed that Evra is actually the fourth highest points scoring defender. Crazy. Shows how you can score well on that and not actually play well.

he has scored and setup a good few goals and has played almost all games in the league so that has replaced a lot of the point from games we conceded which has been more often than not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Would love to see kroos at man u, but no reason to believe it will happen yet. Kroos throwing off his gloves and reacting to his substitution, coupled with guardiola's "here today, gone tomorrow" comment is a dream for the papers and media.

This story will run to the last minute with Jim White shouting about it. Think ill check in on transfer dealings again after the window shuts, silly season is about to get sillier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cahill is in the top 12 on that list having missed 8 league games and is ahead of Zabaleta, Distin, Shaw and several other decent defenders having good seasons.

Means nothing alright
    magnumbud wrote: »
    he has scored and setup a good few goals and has played almost all games in the league so that has replaced a lot of the point from games we conceded which has been more often than not

one goal, three assists

• Advertisement

Last Juan, I swear

24wvfh1.jpg

Trilla wrote: »
    one goal, three assists

really? thats surprising for some reason thought it was more. we must have a lot more clean sheets than i thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Can you quote the part where I said that?

I think we have a better chance of getting a LB, particularly Coentrao on loan where we dont have to spend huge amounts of money in January. Hence, I'll take a strengthening of the defense for now and start the summer planning

Champions league qualification b4 summer. Midfielder needed yesterday.

Champions league qualification b4 summer. Midfielder needed yesterday.

Fair enough, just don't get too upset tomorrow at midnight if things haven't gone your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

magnumbud wrote: »
    really? thats surprising for some reason thought it was more. we must have a lot more clean sheets than i thought so

7- Crsytal Palace, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich

he got another one as he came off before West ham scored.

An hour since the last post in the Manchester United thread.

We've gone done and killed it.

€100 for a Bayern jersey with print.

What...the....****...

An hour since the last post in the Manchester United thread.

We've gone done and killed it.

I've been busy slagging people in the Garth Brooks tickets thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've been busy slagging people in the Garth Brooks tickets thread

Whats the craic with that like, is it 1993 again, suddenly today Garth Brooks is the most famous man alive. I only remember him from the call cards!

m_1060a_20121008_1324042902-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Julez wrote: »
    Whats the craic with that like, is it 1993 again, suddenly today Garth Brooks is the most famous man alive. I only remember him from the call cards!

Ah callcards god i miss the 90s....

• Advertisement

Girlfriend telling me hes amazing and hasn't been here in so long. Seemingly its more people outside of Dublin going mental over it.

So mental that they have been queuing since Saturday night according to newstalk, in order to get into shops with ticketmasters

SO MENTAL that they don't realise it's 2014, and that tickets sell out in minutes via online sales.

Reading some "crocodile" tears from posters who queued for a few nights and when they were allowed in, were told pretty much straight away it was sold out. Anyone who queues for tickets coming from ticketmaster, is a proper mug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Always looked like a bad version of Kevin Costner to me.
    I have muppets in work going around humming his ****ing songs, doing my head in.

Always looked like a bad version of Kevin Costner to me.
    I have muppets in work going around humming his ****ing songs, doing my head in.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88740444&postcount=1199

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A twitter rumour warning before I proceed.

The rumours are Kroos wants £150,000 a week wage and Bayern would want at least £25 million for him.

Did anyone see the video of Kroos being subbed off against Stuttgart? Took off a glove and flung it at the dug out, took off the other and did the same, looked very unhappy.
    Then Pep Guardiola didn't help to calm things, "He's an important player but things can move fast in football. Here today, gone tomorrow."

I think a deal can be done in time, whether a deal will be done or agreed is another story.

RobertKK wrote: »

The rumours are Kroos wants £150,000 a week wage and Bayern would want at least £25 million for him.

Did anyone see the video of Kroos being subbed off against Stuttgart? Took off a glove and flung it at the dug out, took off the other and did the same, looked very unhappy.
    Then Pep Guardiola didn't help to calm things, "He's an important player but things can move fast in football. Here today, gone tomorrow."

I think a deal can be done in time, whether a deal will be done or agreed is another story.

Either this is all posturing or a deal should be done immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don't ever see any Portuguese soccer....whats this Fernando lad like.....seems to be very likely stopgap signing till summer
    is he more defensive player than Cabaye would be....and is he better?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

United should throw 35 million at Bayern. No sh!te with incremental increases. Hit hard and hit fast. Double his wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

If Kroos could be got for 25million United should be going for it. Hell, even offer 30million from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RobertKK wrote: »

Utd should make a bid,be interesting to see if the Kroos camp are serious about leaving Bayern or just holding out for a better offer from Bayern.

• Advertisement

Don't ever see any Portuguese soccer....whats this Fernando lad like.....seems to be very likely stopgap signing till summer
    is he more defensive player than Cabaye would be....and is he better?

From what I've see him he's a decent player, quick and loves to tackle, should be videos on YouTube, I reckon he'd be a good signing and not just a stop gap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement