Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

£25 million is the speculated minimum price, so if he can be got then find what Bayern wants and do the deal.
    It could turn out cheap if it gets us 4th place in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

RobertKK wrote: »
    £25 million is the speculated minimum price, so if he can be got then find what Bayern wants and do the deal.

25million would be a bargain for Kroos. He is a phenomenal talent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Utd should make a bid,be interesting to see if the Kroos camp are serious about leaving Bayern or just holding out for a better offer from Bayern.

Yeah that's it. There seems to be some discontent in the Kroos camp and a big offer NOW might be our best chance. You know for a fact that Chelsea and City are probably sniffing and, despite the loosening of our purse strings, I still fancy them to outbid us if it's left to the summer.

35m for a player that could go a long way to solving out greatest weakness for the next 7-8 years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TheDoc wrote: »
    Girlfriend telling me hes amazing and hasn't been here in so long. Seemingly its more people outside of Dublin going mental over it.

So mental that they have been queuing since Saturday night according to newstalk, in order to get into shops with ticketmasters

SO MENTAL that they don't realise it's 2014, and that tickets sell out in minutes via online sales.

Reading some "crocodile" tears from posters who queued for a few nights and when they were allowed in, were told pretty much straight away it was sold out. Anyone who queues for tickets coming from ticketmaster, is a proper mug.

TBH queueing up is the only way of guaranteeing a ticket. Loads of people online failed to get tickets today. When someone buys a ticket from a vendor they take a ticket from someone in an online queue (this is assuming all tickets are in process online - like today) So basically online you can keep getting gazumped by people in queues.

So for a massive concert like GB, the best method is to queue for for a few days. Despite how mental that may seem.

/back to united now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

80 Million, sign Kroos and Martinez.

Dominate European football.

Raf - Jones - Evans - Shaw
    Martinez
    Kroos
    Mata
    Rooney
    Adnan
    RVP

Average age of that side would be about 23/24 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ed Woodward was at Carrington this morning talking to Moyes.

Presumably Ed is looking for a fitness program and was not talking about transfers.

Presumably Ed is looking for a fitness program and was not talking about transfers.

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    35m for a player that could go a long way to solving out greatest weakness for the next 7-8 years.

Bargain for genuine world class CM. Seriously.....more I'm reading stuff from german outlets the more it sounds like Bayern are really not budging on this.

Said yesterday how they have a history in being a bit balsy when it comes to wage negotiations.

I agree with all that's been said, throw the cash and make them make a decision.

Helps that the game Moyes was at, Kroos was pretty excellent in aswell, as he has been in most games for Bayern in the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He should be in Germany!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Always find it funny when a 'minimum price' is mentioned.

Was watching SSN the other day and they say Newcaslte want a 'minimum' of 20million for Cabaye.... would love to hear those conversations.

PGS: We want to buy Cabaye.
    Newcastle: We want 20million minimum.
    PSG: Ok, we bid 20million.

What is the minimum bit (especially if leaked publicly). Who the feck would bid more than it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    United should throw 35 million at Bayern. No sh!te with incremental increases. Hit hard and hit fast. Double his wages.

That's all well and good, but the club is also run as business. You don't just blow £35m and £8m a year or the bones of £70m over a four year contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

Ed : Moysey, we're going get a deals done before tomorrow for Kroos and Shaw...
    Moyes : hmmmm, thats great news Ed, i know you'll deliver for me but why so glum Ed...
    Ed I'm trolling all our supporters on Boards.ie
    Moyes : Hmmm i see better keep a serious face on so....
    Ed : thats it Moysey...troll them too
    Moyes : you know the call you the Equaliser don't you Ed...
    Ed : Hmmmmm, i know I started that name on boards when i was looking up who we should purchase during last summer ;) it makes me so happy it caught on I'm smiling inside ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He should be in Germany!

Why? Deal is done and dusted. He is in Manchester to welcome our new signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

"Bad news Dave, I couldn't get Kroos. I did sign a new official Bratwurst supplier though."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

"Bayern have been ringing, trying to sell me Kroos. I haven't answered the phone though in case they try to get Cleverley in exchange".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

"The fookin' hat on you boi!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Dave's hat is fcuking gas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He should be in Germany!

Didn't The Doc say he was heading to Munich? Get him on the case on behalf of the club, time's a wastin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Didn't The Doc say he was heading to Munich? Get him on the case on behalf of the club, time's a wastin!

Doc could be this windows version of the 3 amigos in the La Liga offices trying to conclude the Herrera deal ;):p:eek:

BfOnXcFCAAAFrGP.jpg

"He should be here in the next hour, but I have to warn you Davie the Glazers are freaking out. They really want answers as to why we signed a forty-two year old painter and decorater, and giving him £150,000 a week

"What you mean forty-two?"

"Your man you told me to break the bank to sign. Tony Kross"

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Doc could be this windows version of the 3 amigos in the La Liga offices trying to conclude the Herrera deal ;):p:eek:

hahaha could you imagine.

I'm going on the Allianz Arena tour, strut into one of the executives offices.

"Where is Kroos..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If we had midfield option like kroos would drastically change our fortunes... if kroos can be gotten then get him if its 25 mill that gets him great but throw money at bayern and tell kroos u can have what money u want

If we had midfield option like kroos would drastically change our fortunes... if kroos can be gotten then get him if its 25 mill that gets him great but throw money at bayern and tell kroos u can have what money u want

Don't think people are overly familiar with Kroos.

To put this in perspective( well my humble opinion) while the rumours at 25m, we should offer atleast 35m. If we were happy to spunk 40m on Fabregas, then we can go higher for Kroos.

There is nothing in Europe at the moment, that I'd rate higher then Kroos. That includes Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger....anyone you name. This bloke is re-writing what a midfielder can do, and does.

25m is bargain land, if there is any truth in any of it, as Futureguy said, we should be chucking barrels of cash at Bayern to sign him up.

And he's not a no.10, he's a thorough bred through and through centre midfielder, who can launch attacks and orchestrate attacks as well as he can track back and protect a defense.

This is a guy who has a 92% pass completion rate this season in the Champions league....and his first instinct is to drive forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

80 Million, sign Kroos and Martinez.

Dominate European football.

Raf - Jones - Evans - Shaw
    Martinez
    Kroos
    Mata
    Rooney
    Adnan
    RVP

Average age of that side would be about 23/24 ?

That team would be epic, but it's 3 signings that ain't gonna happen. Possibly 1, maybe 2, but never 3.

Bench for the next 5 years would be fairly solid as well, Smalling, Chico, Welbeck, Giggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

25m is bargain land, if there is any truth in any of it, as Futureguy said, we should be chucking barrels of cash at Bayern to sign him up.
    79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

hahaha could you imagine.

I'm going on the Allianz Arena tour, strut into one of the executives offices.

"Where is Kroos..."

Did the tour there a few months ago. Fantastic stadium.

Seen that you were after a Kross jersey, be prepared to pay the big bucks at the ground!

Edit: Hahaha, just flicked back to the last page. Looks like you have already seen the price :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Macca07 wrote: »
    Bench for the next 5 years would be fairly solid as well, Smalling, Chico, Welbeck, Giggs.

How long you planning on having Giggs playing for?!:)

v3ttel wrote: »
    Did the tour there a few months ago. Fantastic stadium.

Seen that you were after a Kross jersey, be prepared to pay the big bucks at the ground!

Edit: Hahaha, just flicked back to the last page. Looks like you have already seen the price :D

I know, hadn't given it a thought, I was getting it. Now I'm not going to bother, mad money....

Hopefully can find somewhere that does German national jerseys with print that don't want to take me for a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I know, hadn't given it a thought, I was getting it. Now I'm not going to bother, mad money....

Hopefully can find somewhere that does German national jerseys with print that don't want to take me for a ride.

Isn't that how they make their money and remain owned by the fans, you're paying twice the price for the geansai but you're also essentially buying a piece of the club...in which case DO NOT BUY THAT JERSEY....they've enough players, they don't need our cash!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

jantre15.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Jonny Evans in no mans land again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we sign Kroos I won't post in a United thread until he wins us a trophy

We aren't signing Kroos

If we sign Kroos I won't post in a United thread until he wins us a trophy

We aren't signing Kroos

There is a lot of "reading between the lines " being done around a lot of media outlets, but there is a common theme emerging that Pep sees Thiago as the long term creative, dynamic CM for Bayern. And while the assumption was Martinez giving way, it might actually have been Kroos all along

Not buying it, but still interesting comments going on about the situation around Europe.

A lot of the UK paper journalists on Twitter are saying that our business is pretty much done, Nani isn't going anywhere, and the only new recruit would be an unlikely procurement of Kroos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Don't think people are overly familiar with Kroos.

To put this in perspective( well my humble opinion) while the rumours at 25m, we should offer atleast 35m. If we were happy to spunk 40m on Fabregas, then we can go higher for Kroos.

There is nothing in Europe at the moment, that I'd rate higher then Kroos. That includes Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger....anyone you name. This bloke is re-writing what a midfielder can do, and does.

And he's not a no.10, he's a thorough bred through and through centre midfielder, who can launch attacks and orchestrate attacks as well as he can track back and protect a defense.

This is a guy who has a 92% pass completion rate this season in the Champions league....and his first instinct is to drive forward.

He only has 18 months on his contract, that'd be the reason why the mooted fee is around £25m.

There are no reliable sources even indicating that a deal could be realistically done this month so I'm not quite sure why he's generating so much discussion. It's a pipedream as things stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

jantre15.jpg

Lame efforrt from Feilaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

those pep comments are all over the place now. i was going into tomorrow hoping there may still be something but not paying much attention now im going to have to break F5 reloading the transfer news pages

future guy get on your duty.

kstand wrote: »
    Lame efforrt from Feilaini.

lol to me it looks like hes saying look at yer tiny feet next to mine :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Feilainis hand looks banjaxed there! look at his fingers!

wonder when he will be 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Macca07 wrote: »
    That team would be epic, but it's 3 signings that ain't gonna happen. Possibly 1, maybe 2, but never 3.

Bench for the next 5 years would be fairly solid as well, Smalling, Chico, Welbeck, Giggs]

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

jantre15.jpg

Worst stretching ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I seriously don't understand some of the grief that Fellaini gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

When he gets his form back and some of that confidence, he'll be very good for us. He's a beast like, come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nailz wrote: »
    I seriously don't understand some of the grief that Fellaini gets.

Some think he's an average midfielder and Evertons best days with him was huffy hoof ball while he played further forward.

I disagree, overpriced but still better than a lot make him out to be.

Similar noise used to be targetted at Nani few years back, different players but grief central

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I see Rene is trying to take Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole to Fulham.

Would be great for the lads, not sure if its loan or permanent but hopefully a loan or something with a buy-back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I see Rene is trying to take Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole to Fulham.

Would be great for the lads, not sure if its loan or permanent but hopefully a loan or something with a buy-back.

Would love to see that happen, I'm a big fan of Cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Express reporting Spurs want to take Nani on loan.

If we send him to Spurs, Moyes and Woodward would want shooting. Would be an incredibly stupid move from United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Just remembered Mata plays for United now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Express reporting Spurs want to take Nani on loan.

If we send him to Spurs, Moyes and Woodward would want shooting. Would be an incredibly stupid move from United.

Give us Sandro and they have a deal!

Zaha loan to Cardiff has been confirmed.

Hope it goes well for him, kid needs to get his head right or he will be shipped out permanently : /

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Give us Sandro and they have a deal!

I'd prefer Dembele! But both seem a bit injury prone over the last 18 months!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement