Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ever Benega could be off to Athletico. Does that mean that Koke has suddenly become available? Will be an interesting watch tomorrow, we will probably sign no one but be linked with many.

Link: http://as.com/diarioas/2014/01/30/english/1391094851_334215.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

You'd imagine with any overseas players that business would be done tonight. Seems to have gone very quiet on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

kstand wrote: »
    You'd imagine with any overseas players that business would be done tonight. Seems to have gone very quiet on that front.

VDV to spurs was done very late and arshavin to arsenal was last day too

2 new books (888 and Unibet) have opened for Kroos.
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/toni-kroos/club-after-january-transfer-window

Wouldnt be too hopeful at this stage. I think a lot of what went on over the last 24 hours was down to speculation over a few throw away things - such as Guardiolas words and Kroos's gloves. They'd be mad to sell him now - and dont have to until summer.
    What a player though, would love to be proven wrong on it.

Question - does anyone know what exactly goes into "preparing a bid" or "preparing a new bid"?
    Its hardly baking a bloody cake is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Question - does anyone know what exactly goes into "preparing a bid" or "preparing a new bid"?
    Its hardly baking a bloody cake is it?

I'd imagine it means drawing up a proposed offer. My understanding is that these can be quite complex and it's not as simple as printing off a template and writing in a name and a monetary value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I always thought "preparing a bid" involved decorating it with pipe-cleaners, plasticine, painted pasta pieces, and sparkly glue. Would have a better chance at being accepted than a normal old boring letter.

I'd imagine it means drawing up a proposed offer. My understanding is that these can be quite complex and it's not as simple as printing off a template and writing in a name and a monetary value.

Say they wnated to up the bid from £22m to £25m - surely a simple bit of copy and paste then reprint would do the business? No need to go over all the legal crap etc as the conditions would be the same?

Should have clarified - the first bid I'd imagine would require a fair bit of papaer work etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Say they wnated to up the bid from £22m to £25m - surely a simple bit of copy and paste then reprint would do the business? No need to go over all the legal crap etc as the conditions would be the same?

Should have clarified - the first bid I'd imagine would require a fair bit of papaer work etc.

It's probably a case though that they're not offering cash up front most of the time. I mean I don't know, but I'd imagine most of these sales involve lots of clauses and payouts for meeting certain targets, payments over time rather than lump sums and so forth. So it might not be as simple as just scratching out 22 and writing in 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Please get a CM before the window shuts.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking unlikely now Kew, really disappointed they couldn't work it out with one of the targets they have in mind.

The Toni Kroos odds have improved on the 888 and Unibet books - from 4s into 2s and from 1/12 on out to 1/5 that he will stay with Bayern. Still a way to go though, not holding my breath.

dahat wrote: »
    Looking unlikely now Kew, really disappointed they couldn't work it out with one of the targets they have in mind.

Ya same here. Was hopeful of getting somebody in.

Still hope they are trying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Young given 6 month driving ban.
    Manchester United and England footballer Ashley Young has been banned from driving for six months.

The 28-year-old was handed four penalty points after he admitted speeding at 71mph on a 50mph section of the M6 Toll in Warwickshire in March last year.

Warwick Magistrates Court heard he already had nine points on his licence for an earlier speeding conviction.

Young's solicitor argued the road had been "quiet" at the time of his latest offence.

:pac: Thats some defence to put forward to a judge.

astradave wrote: »
    Ever Benega could be off to Athletico. Does that mean that Koke has suddenly become available? Will be an interesting watch tomorrow, we will probably sign no one but be linked with many.

Link: http://as.com/diarioas/2014/01/30/english/1391094851_334215.html

Interesting one - outside chance though.

• Advertisement

Telegraph (Mark Ogden) think Nike are favourites for the new kit deal. Glazer's going for the billion dollar deal baby !
    Manchester United must hand Nike the opportunity to match any deal offered by a rival sportswear manufacturer after giving Adidas, Puma and Warrior the chance to enter the race to supply the club's kit from the 2015-16 season.

With United attempting to secure a kit deal worth more than £65m-a-year to replace their current £23.5m-a-year agreement with Nike - the deal began in 2002 and expires in 2015 - the Telegraph has learned that Nike remains in pole position to retain the contract due to pre-existing clauses handing the American company the option to match any offer submitted by another brand.

Discussions between United and Nike, which began with a six-month period of exclusivity in February 2013, have yet to result in a breakthrough.

But sources close to the discussions remain confident that Nike will ultimately strike an agreement with United due to the success of the partnership to date, which has coincided with the club dramatically elevating its brand and commercial earnings.

With the existing deal now regarded by both parties as outdated and undervalued, sources close to United's American owners, the Glazer family, believe the club is capable of a securing a 'billion dollar deal' - £600m - when they agree their next kit contract.

Has a bid gone in for Koke? Seems to be short odds on it and a bit of talk on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Has a bid gone in for Koke? Seems to be short odds on it and a bit of talk on twitter.

rumors of banega to them so rumors of us but dont think anything substantial behind them beyond that

Koke signed a new deal about a week ago.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Telegraph (Mark Ogden) think Nike are favourites for the new kit deal. Glazer's going for the billion dollar deal baby !

This sort of deal is all about money and rightly so but it'd be nice to see what the other manufacturers would have come up with design wise. Nike's designs have been very hit and miss over the years.

• Advertisement

51jWbKh78xL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Sacramento wrote: »
    This sort of deal is all about money and rightly so but it'd be nice to see what the other manufacturers would have come up with design wise. Nike's designs have been very hit and miss over the years.

i could live without warrior and puma tbh. Nikes are usually only second to adidas and even adidas are prone to a few bad ones

magnumbud wrote: »
    rumors of banega to them so rumors of us but dont think anything substantial behind them beyond that

They were trying to get Mata so maybe Banega was the next best thing for them.
    Heard he signed a new 5 year deal - but how much would that affect his transfer cost Townie?

Christ no warrior please. Those Liverpool jerseys are worst ever. Awful.

They were trying to get Mata so maybe Banega was the next best thing for them.
    Heard he signed a new 5 year deal - but how much would that affect his transfer cost Townie?

Haven't looked for details but I'm sure a big fat juicy buy-out clause was inserted. More chance of signing Kroos which itself is extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

In fairness to Young I've driven on the road a few times and have been the only car on the road. Also I wasn't even aware there was a 50mph on parts of it! :eek:

In fairness to Young I've driven on the road a few times and have been the only car on the road. Also I wasn't even aware there was a 50mph on parts of it! :eek:

Ya sure I do it every night on a big quiet road with 50/60kmph limit but to put that forward as a defence is pointless. Imagine paying a solicitor to say that for you (of course money is no object to Young).

Ya sure I do it every night on a big quiet road with 50/60kmph limit but to putting that forward as a defence is pointless. Imagine paying a solicitor to say that for you (of course money no object to Young).

I know. But I suppose it was to mitigate against any allegation of dangerous driving in relation to other drivers on the road at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Is this guy from The Guardian reliable?

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardiian 16m
    Kroos to Manchester United almost finalised, clubs have agreed a fee. Kroos to fly in soon to have his medical. #mufc

MANUTD99 wrote: »

Kroos to Manchester United almost finalised, clubs have agreed a fee. Kroos to fly in soon to have his medical. #mufc

Where are you getting this from? I'm on his Twitter and can't see that at all.

Edit: Ah, I see you've been caught by a dodgy account, notice the second i in guardian.

Dammit anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

thats not on his twitter :confused:

Where are you getting this from? I'm on his Twitter and can't see that at all.

Eric Lawlor the comedian retweeted it. Fake account. Sorry.

Bohs fan. It would take one of them:mad:

Bohs fan. It would take one of them:mad:

Hey Hey. Super Bohs!!

Hey Hey. Super Bohs!!

You Bohs fan too? Get out!!!!;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Guardian has two i's in that twitter account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

There'll be no signings tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I nearly exploded until I saw that was a fake, damnit anyway

There'll be no signings tomorrow. :(

More then likely.

Well least we got Mata. Not all doom and gloom.

If Fellaini and Carrick get into form I be confident of push for CL football.

• Advertisement

You Bohs fan too? Get out!!!!;):pac:

For my sins I'm a member.

No signings so. Tomorrow will be a drag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i read that as diving ban!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Whoever posted that fake dtaylor quote and got my hopes up. I hate you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is Uli Hesse a reliable guy or a spoofer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Express reporting Spurs want to take Nani on loan.

If we send him to Spurs, Moyes and Woodward would want shooting. Would be an incredibly stupid move from United.
    exactly no point sending him on loan,he might be surplus to requirements but let him go in the summer.
    He could still be a very good player for the remainder of the season and spurs are a rival for 4th spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thread's only 3 weeks old and we're on the home straight already.

• Advertisement

Thread's only 3 weeks old and we're on the home straight already.

Mata took up 80% of that:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I can see the Kroos signing happening before the deadline.

I can see the Kroos signing happening before the deadline.

For Munich?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mata took up 80% of that:pac:
    Take out the "pun" posts and we would probably be only halfway...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Uli Hesse a reliable guy or a spoofer?

Never heard of him,

What's he saying?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement