Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A few obscure reports that we tabled a seriously improved offer for Kroos. Meeting to take place between club and Kroos party tomorrow.

Not coming from that fake account above...but just as easily can't really hand on heart say I trust where I'm reading it from.

I dont know what people make of that agent account posted here a while back. I'm reading his just now and he's going on the same stuff. Saying bid accepted by Munich. Had a read through his profile. Does have an impeccable record. Bit Ive a feeling its an account from Asia...which means its total bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

For Munich?;)

The reason I think it'll happen is that Utd cannot afford to not qualify for the CL. It would be disastrous so I think Utd will do a Mata - pay extra now instead of waiting until the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The reason I think it'll happen is that Utd cannot afford to not qualify for the CL. It would be disastrous so I think Utd will do a Mata - pay extra now instead of waiting until the Summer.

the other side of that is that we can wait to the summer. Miss out on CL and possibly that may sway the mind of a potential target. Paying over the odds now may be a better deal than risking missing on a player altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Never heard of him,

What's he saying?

Kroos wants to play for us. Pep knows this. Its not about money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I can see the Kroos signing happening before the deadline.

We are not signing Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Is Uli Hesse a reliable guy or a spoofer?
    Sounds like a spoofer given that Bayern's chairman is Uli Hoeness... (similar name)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

dahat wrote: »
    We are not signing Kroos.

Agree with this. He's just posturing for a new contract. IMO the reason Pep came out and said "here today, gone tomorrow" - is merely saying that Bayern won't be held to ransom in the contract discussions.

No chance he leaves Bayern. He might not sign a new contract by tomorrow but he definitely won't leave by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Considering how weak we are in centre midfield, Kroos is easily worth £35 to us IMO.

A couple of places are offering 1/5 on Kroos staying at Bayern now.

If there is any truth to the link I hope we go all out for him. Get our business done now. I don't fancy the thoughts of trying to sign players during the summer with the distraction of the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like the only action that will be happening tomorrow is that Nani could be on his way out on loan.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-deadline-day-6650805

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Ya I don't think we will sign anyone...don't thin moyes and Woodward will put themselves out there and risk been embarrassed again like they were in the summer deadline day. If hasn't been done today then it ain't gonna be done tomorrow. Plus u think Munich and guardiola would leave themselves short At this stage of the season..no chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Have United ever had a German first team player? I hope Fergie didn't mean "Typical Germans" literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Cant understand how Antonio Valencia is a mainstay in our team and nani may be going out on loan.

We won't sign Kroos this window; don't get your hopes up, lads.

Rafael Honigstein made the point on Football Weekly Extraaa today that players like Schweinsteiger and Lahm are getting towards the end, so Kroos could very much be the main man in Bayern's midfield for years to come. I don't think will sign him; I think that he'll sign a new contract at Bayern. This Kroos story is very similar to the Fabregas story in the summer in that you have a young midfielder playing in his home country and just waiting for older guys to retire before becoming the main man in his position.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Have United ever had a German first team player? I hope Fergie didn't mean "Typical Germans" literally.
    No, we have never had a German first team player. All the best ones are snapped up by Bayern München, so they aren't easy to get hold of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Is Uli Hesse a reliable guy or a spoofer?

a quick google seems to throw up a ESPN reporter from germany.

why did you have to bring him up now i google him see him mentioned all over twitter with kroos.

WE ARE NOT SIGNING KROOS

secretly i'm hoping for the same thing that future guy did with mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Chelsea seems to have snagged Zouma at a good price,might reduce their interest in Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

keano2012 wrote: »
    Ya I don't think we will sign anyone...don't thin moyes and Woodward will put themselves out there and risk been embarrassed again like they were in the summer deadline day. If hasn't been done today then it ain't gonna be done tomorrow. Plus u think Munich and guardiola would leave themselves short At this stage of the season..no chance

We signed Mata in this window though. They've got a free pass to embarrass themselves tomorrow, in my opinion.

£8 million plus Cleverley for Fabregas. Test Barca's resolve, Eddie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

magnumbud wrote: »
    WE ARE NOT SIGNING KROOS

secretly i'm hoping for the same thing that future guy did with mata

Same reason everyone other posters says it.

Chelsea seems to have snagged Zouma at a good price,might reduce their interest in Shaw.

Zouma is a CB i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anybody able too sum up today's goings on? Any decent reports ot rumours with legs? Any more on Kroos? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

nuxxx wrote: »

Moyes has zero time for Nani, this thread needs to realise this, he looks done at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

By the time Schweinsteiger packs it in Kroos will probably be the same age Bastian is now, and by that time you know Bayern will have bought a heap of talented Germans as well. I think he could be persuaded to join a team he would be an automatic starter for potentially 8 years, he's only 24.

Gotze is going to be cemented first choice in Kroos' favoured position when Lewandowski comes in in the summer as well.

There's no chance of it happening tomorrow but if he doesn't sign a contract by the summer I think we could get him.

With Moyes' European escapades lately it looks like there will be massive changes in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

If Kroos joins United before the deadline, I will get a tattoo of every single one of Steven Gerrard’s Premier League medals*

*robbed off twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anybody able too sum up today's goings on? Any decent reports ot rumours with legs? Any more on Kroos? Thanks

Zaha has joined Cardiff on loan,

Nani is rumoured to be leaving as well going to Inter Milan on loan,

Ashley Young got banned from driving for 6 months,

Kroos it looks like wont be signing for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Quandary wrote: »
    Considering how weak we are in centre midfield, Kroos is easily worth £35 to us IMO.

A couple of places are offering 1/5 on Kroos staying at Bayern now.

If there is any truth to the link I hope we go all out for him. Get our business done now. I don't fancy the thoughts of trying to sign players during the summer with the distraction of the WC.

Looks like big Ed has made his way onto boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Anyone posting fake tweets should be insta-banned. From the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

dahat wrote: »
    Moyes has zero time for Nani, this thread needs to realise this, he looks done at OT.

Been injured a lot this season. Only got a new 5 year deal at the start of the season, be interesting too see how he plays out. I cant see Moyes lettin him and Zaha go on loan

United have nothing to gain by letting nani out on loan now unless a replacement there to come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Ashley Young got banned from driving for 6 months,

'bout time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nani isn't back from injury until the end of February I think

It would be mental to let him go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Who would ye have preferred if asked last summer Mata or Thiago?

ician wrote: »
    Mata, because he is proven in the Premier League.

This summer, last summer, the summer before that, the summer before that...mata every summer....there is no summer that I would pick thiago over mata..mata far superior

This summer, last summer, the summer before that, the summer before that...mata every summer....there is no summer that I would pick thiago over mata..mata far superior

I would argue we need a Thiago more than a Mata. But alas, it's all academic now.

It's still class we have Mata though.

I would argue we need a Thiago more than a Mata. But alas, it's all academic now.

It's still class we have Mata though.

I love mata. Plus I just can't stop thinking about a Kroos, mata 1-2, back heel to janazaj who chips the keep cantonaesque at anfield to score the winner in march beautiful

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I love mata. Plus I just can't stop thinking about a Kroos, mata 1-2, back heel to janazaj who chips the keep cantonaesque at anfield to score the winner in march beautiful

If he scores at March in Anfield he'll be in the wrong stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

5starpool wrote: »
    If he scores at March in Anfield he'll be in the wrong stadium.

Jaysis you must have some software to detect Liverpool and Anfield, that was quick!

I guess you mean Old Trafford, but that's a beautiful image!

sigmundv wrote: »
    I guess you mean Old Trafford, but that's a beautiful image!

Sorry...got carried away in the moment!! All the drool about Kroos blinded me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

This summer is going to be very very interesting as a United supporter. Will Moyes do his business before the WC?
    If he doesn't it could hamper his plans.
    Have a feeling that he could be trying to sort out a signing or two now for the end of the season..well i would hope so anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ya know what, this transfer deadline would have been horrible if it wasn't for Mata. But even if we sign no one else I have to be happy with what has gone on.

We have finally got proof that united ARE interested in the best players, exactly as they have been claiming for years. Mata's words about Summer signings and Rooney in talks have really lifted the place. Moyes declaring that changes are gonna be made is another breath of fresh air we have been waiting on for years.

Beating Liverpool to 4th place seems like an awful achievement but I won't be able to hide my pleasure if it happens. If our disaster season ends with CL qualification I can accept that. It was the shock the club needed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

duffman13 wrote: »
    Jaysis you must have some software to detect Liverpool and Anfield, that was quick!

Call it sheer luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mata has been the best player in the league the last two seasons no contest an absolute genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is this thread all messed up for anybody else using the touch site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Entire sites screwy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It's still kind of mad that Moyes didn't get in a fullback or two. Evra needs, at the least, proper competition and Rafael needs cover. I can't understand how Moyes thinks he can get away without getting a fullback in.

duffman13 wrote: »

They're omnipresent :eek:

Entire sites screwy tbh
    Getting a lot of 404 errors and last post 4/5 hours ago.
    It said there was over 9000 posts earlier and then well under that later on.

I've not really been on any other threads though so didn't notice it anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I keep getting shunted back to page 743 or something to The Kew Tours post. I blame him.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    I keep getting shunted back to page 743 or something to The Kew Tours post. I blame him.
    Ha ha. Same here.
    It's like he's just reminding us we're not getting a centre mid :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement