Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    I slag plenty of my female friends with way worse stuff than that and they give as good as they get. Jesus can people not have a laugh anymore?

Maybe try making those same jokes to some female work colleagues and see how they go down. Or comment on someone visiting your place of work and say they can't do their job as they're female. See how that works out for you and then draw an accurate comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Its a very sexist world we live in..sure United havent got a ladies team, one of the biggest clubs in world and we dont let ladies play football ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Do you actually know any women that enjoy "banter" like that?

Yes, I live next door to a nunnery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Its a very sexist world we live in..sure United havent got a ladies team, one of the biggest clubs in world and we dont let ladies play football ???

not sure if joking or serious but there was actually talk back in October of the womens team being brought back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lordgoat wrote: »
    Maybe try making those same jokes to some female work colleagues and see how they go down. Or comment on someone visiting your place of work and say they can't do their job as they're female. See how that works out for you and then draw an accurate comparison.

So you are conclusively saying it is FACT that RK, AG and CT are not friends outside of the workspace, and no relationship beyond 'colleague' existed between them.

Every relationship, inside or outside of work, is different, and each has to be viewed in that way.

As I said previously, it comes down to knowing the people you are talking to, and what is permitted between you.

You simply can't justifably decide on your own what CT feels is acceptable and comfortable joking between herself and colleagues/friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

christ I hate the word "banter"

mad bantz son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd watch a United ladies team. Would love women's football to become a serious professional sport like tennis. Double the football! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I'd watch a United ladies team. Would love women's football to become a serious professional sport like tennis. Double the football! :eek:

You seen the PSG Ladies squad?

'Appealing' is the word I'm going to use given the current debate going on around sexism etc.

magnumbud wrote: »
    not sure if joking or serious but there was actually talk back in October of the womens team being brought back in

Should happen imo. City have a team competing from next season and Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool already have team. No excuses for a club like United not to have one

So you are conclusively saying it is FACT that RK, AG and CT are not friends outside of the workspace, and no relationship beyond 'colleague' existed between them.

Every relationship, inside or outside of work, is different, and each has to be viewed in that way.

As I said previously, it comes down to knowing the people you are talking to, and what is permitted between you.

You simply can't justifably decide on your own what CT feels is acceptable and comfortable joking between herself and colleagues/friends.

Thing is Mitch it doesn't matter. Even if CT was ok with that and any female co-worker took exception to being exposed to it, they have a valid complaint. It's not who's involved it's what was said in the workplace. I'm not deciding on my own, what's allowed or not. Have a read of your HR's guide on sexism in the workplace I guarantee you what i've said above is in it or something very similar.

So no, there are very strict rules on what is/isn't allowed in the work place so when you say this: As I said previously, it comes down to knowing the people you are talking to, and what is permitted between you.

you could not be more incorrect.

Edit: i'm done now, PM/Tweet me if you want to go on. I'm sure the thread is sick of it at this stage!

Kroos eh?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

lordgoat wrote: »

Who's to say Keyes and gray weren't friends with her outside of work? They weren't on air so maybe they were just having a laugh.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Who's to say Keyes and gray weren't friends with her outside of work? They weren't on air so maybe they were just having a laugh.

Seriously? Seriously? Where was that clip recorded? Are they only in work when the clip was on air? Are sexist comments only valid when recorded by Sky Sports? That is one of the most incredibly poorly thought out posts ever.

Edit: Same as i said to Mitch - PM/Tweet me to go on!

Can we talk about Natalie again?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, is boards broken again?I keep clicking the United topic and getting redirected into the Grey&Keys one for some reason :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Calm down lads!

United had a womens team and they abandoned it.

There has been a petition set up lobbying for a women's team to be reinstated.
    You can sign it here.

City have a women's team in the FAWSL this year. It would be a great excuse for another derby to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

heading for lunch soon so gonna miss the press conference. expecting to come back to no incoming business for us today comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

So you think that the public release of the clip shouldn't be harmful for Richard Keys and Andy Gray?

The fact is that it is causing a ****storm, because that type of behaviour at the workplace is not acceptable anymore.

The nature of their work means that they're public figures, so even if they were recorded doing the same thing down the pub they could be fired for it, because it damages their reputation and by extension that of the company they work for.

If the two females you engage in similar type of slagging with decided to, they could go to HR and report you for sexism and harassment. And if they did, the arguments you've put forward so far would not do you any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

So you think that the public release of the clip shouldn't be harmful for Richard Keys and Andy Gray?

The fact is that it is causing a ****storm, because that type of behaviour at the workplace is not acceptable anymore.

The nature of their work means that they're public figures, so even if they were recorded doing the same thing down the pub they could be fired for it, because it damages their reputation and by extension that of the company they work for.

If they two females you engage in similar type of slagging with decided to, they could go to HR and report you for sexism and harassment. And if they did, the arguments you've put forward so far would not do you any good.

I think we need to let this go, foolish of me to bring it up in the thread.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Calm down lads!

United had a womens team and they abandoned it.

There has been a petition set up lobbying for a women's team to be reinstated.
    You can sign it here.

City have a women's team in the FAWSL this year. It would be a great excuse for another derby to be honest!

I think it was reasonably calm no?

Also did you hear Moyes when he took over saying he wanted to bring back the womens team? His daughter plays for Preston NE (or did!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

40m for Mangala and Fernando is nothing

We should be beating that

Both will probably be bench players as well, unless Managala gets ahead of Natasic

• Advertisement

I think we need to let this go, foolish of me to bring it up in the thread.

Looks like the Legal Discussion forum in here

Lets remember its deadline day, were playing Stoke tomorrow and if results went our way we could be 5th and 3 points off Liverpool :)

Moyes comfirms no more singings! Tells Sky they can send their lads home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Off now for 2 hours, when I come back I dont want page after page of sexism talk ye hear!! But please do post what Moyes says :D

Birmingham take Tom Thorpe and Tyler Blackett on loan.

Reserves are going to find it very hard for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

So does anyone think we should've tried to sign Cabaye? What other midfielders out there could we have bought for reasonable money that would improve our starting 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hello Mandy

Macca07 wrote: »
    So does anyone think we should've tried to sign Cabaye? What other midfielders out there could we have bought for reasonable money that would improve our starting 11?

Sign him now and sell him in the summer? No, Moyes wants top top players like Koke, Kroos, Vidal or Marchiso. Were Manchester United! We want to be winning league titles & europeam cups. Cabaye would improve us but not good enough long term. Moyes has made the right call to wait

Natalie!!!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

No more signings ah well, least we know where we stand and its not a good view from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Moyes on deadline day: "You can stand down your TV cameras at the gates. I don't think they'll be required. We've done our business."

https://twitter.com/ManUtd

Well that's it then.

Over to you Fellaini,Cleverley,Fletcher,Carrick,Jones and Giggs to keep that CM afloat until the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Fook.

Rival fans breath easy

Who people think we should have signed? We wanted some top players but there obviously not for sale now. Lets not just sign players for the sake of it.

• adox wrote: »
    Disappointing.

Juan Mata..Disapointing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Of course not, but we need a CM desperately. IMO we need one more than we needed Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You know what I meant.

• KH25 wrote: »
    Of course not, but we need a CM desperately. IMO we need one more than we needed Mata.
    No point in panic buys, credit where credit is due moyes done good.
    Our best coming back to fitness at a critical time.
    It's a pity about Michael Carrick though so I can understand what you getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Im really surprised they didnt go for Coentrao again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Moyes on deadline day: "You can stand down your TV cameras at the gates. I don't think they'll be required. We've done our business."

https://twitter.com/ManUtd

Well that's it then.

Over to you Fellaini,Cleverley,Fletcher,Carrick,Jones and Giggs to keep that CM afloat until the summer.

Cue SSN at 10.59 tonight..........
    Jim White going absolutely apoplectic
    Citeh Fans crying into their shandies....

BREAKING NEWS
    Moyes and the Equaliser have done it again folks.....
    3 new signings have arrived at Carrington signed sealed and delivered for a combined fee of £65m
    Eliquam Mangala, Fernando and TONI KROOS............
    All passed medicals earlier today at Porto and Bayern and agreed terms before being flown in......

Gary what have you to say about this

GNev2 .........
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement

Unless Fellaini and Carrick come back and hit serious form we'll be playing the exact same way as we have all season, granted with Mata RVP and Rooney in the team the results will be a bit better but I'm not sure that will see us 4th over the line.

• brinty wrote: »

BREAKING NEWS
    3 new signings have arrived at Carrington signed sealed and delivered for a combined fee of £65m
    All passed medicals earlier today at Porto and Bayern and agreed terms before being flown in......

GNev2 .........

One can dream :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Did you watch soccer am last Saturday?

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/soccer-am/9132681/away-days-scunthorpe

Last 15 seconds should be right up your alley.

meh.. I was expecting more lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No point in panic buys.

A loan deal or two would have been nice, especially at LB. I too am surprised the Coentrao deal didn't resurrect

• brinty wrote: »

BREAKING NEWS

GNev2 .........

Jim Whites if this happens;

2jflkjp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Ya know there's no transfers happening when you refresh this page and there's no new posts.... in the summer at this stage there was at least 10 new posts a minutes lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Underwhelming day ahead. Arsenal linked with Kallstrom, he could do a job! Despretaley clutching at straws but a CM would make my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Wild lot of panicked people round ere.

Utds squad is good enough to secure a top 4 spot.

Why but a LB when we have Evra and Buttner?

Why buy a CM when we have Carrick,fellani and fletcher?

Why panic at all? Soooo many people on here who think we are sh1t and think we should spend millions on Cabaye who at most is a good-average player at a under average team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ill say it now i honestly dont think we have enough to get 4th place.

If and its a big if everyone gels together when our players come back from injuries then who knows but really i cant see things changing much this season you dont just get good over night all of a sudden. Theres also the fact that alot of our rivals are in very good form themselves.

The mistakes where made early in the season Juan Mata alone is not going to fix them. Of course he might give a boost to the team moral wise and will clearly add quality but our midfield is one of the worst in the league and thats not an overstatement.

I really really hope when everyone is back we can get some kind of run of good form and results going something we have not had this season yet.

Its also one hundred percent certain that at this stage we will need to pick up points against City Arsenal and Liverpool at least which i have doubts over.

I hope this season will of been the massive wake up call the club needed i really hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fernando off to City it is suggested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement