Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Looking like Will Keane is going to QPR now.

Really interesting 6 months for these players. So many of the u-21's now gone out on loan. I make that 6 and possibly one or two more to go.

Could be Moyes wanting to see them play at a higher level before selling them or keeping them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

MAYBE..........Moyes didn't want any of them as he feels the squad he has whilst not capable of winning the premier league would be capable of a top 4 finish and THEN he will address the underlying need of a LB and CB.

If you or anyone else on this forum were asked the question whether the following Manchester United team would struggle for 4th place you would have slapped them in the face and called them a troll

DDG
    RAF----VIDIC----EVANS----EVRA
    Carrick/Fellani
    Mata
    Rooney
    Adnan
    RVP

If that team can't clinch 4th place............

Raf and Evra are major liabilities in that lineup which is why I don't see the fantastic 4 starting together unless both fullbacks hit form soon.

We've been playing with a second RB at RW and normally a LW who tracks back a lot as well to help the fullbacks and yet we've still been bombarded down the wings this season. Playing both Adnan and Mata would make it a whole lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

only 6 hours and 32 minutes for refreshing left !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Moyes not signing a central midfielder makes sense because, presumably, he has faith in his own judgement that Fellaini is the right man for the job. Myself I think he is an awkward fit with the other players we have.

What I can't understand is how Moyes didn't buy a left back to compete with, or straight up replace, Evra and a right back to cover Rafael. So much of Moyes' system relies on the fullbacks in the attack, and Evra has been poor defending for so long, how Moyes can do nothing with that part of the team vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Phil Jones and Ryan Giggs start in CM vs Cardiff and United not making any new signings? All that scouting in Italy and Germany went well then. Not making top four, Moyes can walk, he should be wrestling the board for signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

On the bright side, City aren't signing anyone either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Phil Jones and Ryan Giggs start in CM vs Cardiff and United not making any new signings? All that scouting in Italy and Germany went well then. Not making top four, Moyes can walk, he should be wrestling the board for signings.

Wonder what CM partnership will the CM roulette wheel throw out tomorrow?

Wonder CM partnership will the CM roulette wheel throw out tomorrow?

It's been a while since we saw Rafael in CM anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Here's my fantasy united line up for next season , I think Rvp will be sold by thee way

dea gea
    Coleman-vidic-thiago-shaw
    martinez---Vidal
    ----Reus----Mata----Januzai
    Rooney

Go on Woodward you can make it happen , would you guys be happy with this

What makes you think RVP is going to be sold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pro. F wrote: »
    Moyes not signing a central midfielder makes sense because, presumably, he has faith in his own judgement that Fellaini is the right man for the job. Myself I think he is an awkward fit with the other players we have.

What I can't understand is how Moyes didn't buy a left back to compete with, or straight up replace, Evra and a right back to cover Rafael. So much of Moyes' system relies on the fullbacks in the attack, and Evra has been poor defending for so long, how Moyes can do nothing with that part of the team vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

And it's not as if the full back position is expensive. There should be loads of £7-12m fullbacks around that are better than Evra. Can't really understand it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

bmcc10 wrote: »
    What makes you think RVP is going to be sold?

Thats what you took from that? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Apparently AC Milan are interested in Nani now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

On the bright side, City aren't signing anyone either.

Yaaaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Wonder what CM partnership will the CM roulette wheel throw out tomorrow?

Wud say cleverly fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

If we dont stoke a win tomorrow or play shi# pressure back on moyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

dea gea januzai

Do you intentionally spell players names wrong? Or are you dyslexic or something?

I'm not trying to be offensive but if you support the club, at the very least, I'd expect you to know how to spell our players names.

Are my expectations too high? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Danger781 wrote: »
    Do you intentionally spell players names wrong? Or are you dyslexic or something?

I'm not trying to be offensive but if you support the club, at the very least, I'd expect you to know how to spell our players names.

Yeah cause calling someone dyslexic is so so clever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

If we dont stoke a win tomorrow or play shi# pressure back on moyes

I think we are going to have a great win tomorrow, Just watching videos of RVP it's almost as if we have forgotten just how good he is and with Rooney and Mata playing should be fun to watch.

Between Moyes' comments earlier and the complete lack of even rumour activity, I think I'm going to have to cancel my evening in front of SSN.

Yeah cause calling someone dyslexic is so so clever

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be offensive. I could have called him a long list of other words, some of which I'd likely get infracted for. I just don't understand how someone can continuously spell players names incorrectly unless they're doing it intentionally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Having a go at someone for misspelling Januzaj is a bit shìtty.
    It's not as if it's Mata or Evra in fairness.

Wouldn't like to have seen you lads around when Sneijder was the hot topic or Kuszczak was getting game time.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be offensive. I could have called him a long list of other words, some of which I'd likely get infracted for. I just don't understand how someone can continuously spell players names incorrectly unless they're doing it intentionally.

dont-let-it-brother.jpg

Having a go at someone for misspelling Januzaj is a bit shìtty.
    It's not as if it's Mata or Evra in fairness.

Wouldn't like to have seen you lads around when Sneijder was the hot topic or Kuszczak was getting game time.

Don't you mean Attm and Rave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

my spelling can be awful at times. I keep forgetting to proof read before I post and normally have edit quickly.

a mixture of predictive text and just forgetting.

my spelling can be awful at times. I keep forgetting to proof read before I post and normally have edit quickly.

a mixture of predictive text and just forgetting.

In which cases it's perfectly fine to let it slide. Everybody makes mistakes.

It's just when it's the same mistake in every post for days, or even weeks on end I start getting irritated.

I can't help it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In which cases it's perfectly fine to let it slide. Everybody makes mistakes.

It's just when it's the same mistake in every post for days, or even weeks on end I start getting irritated.

I can't help it! :pac:

cleverly.

guilty as charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think the point was more the constant use of Dea Gea for our goalie.

Hell I just call Adnan Adnan so I don't have to google it everytime I write about him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

its just a j instead of an i at the end

Jan-u-zaij

just put a liccle curl on the bottom of the i and bobs your clothesline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Spelling is why I'd love if we signed Vidal but not love it as much if we signed Gungagungondundon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

adox wrote: »
    I think the point was more the constant use of Dea Gea for our goalie.

Hell I just call Adnan Adnan so I don't have to google it everytime I write about him. :D
    I see the same people spelling things incorrectly every time. Once I know who they're on about it doesn't bother me.

Kawaga/Saurez/Schneider/Skertl/Cleverly/Wellbeck...
    We all know who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Spelling is why I'd love if we signed Vidal but not love it as much if we signed Gungagungondundon.

Gundogan is not hard to spell or remember.

No sh!t, Sherlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Gündoğan on the other hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

IvySlayer wrote: »

This is one thing I'm surprised Moyes hasn't been questioned about. The week of the Chelsea game he spent 3 days scouting around Europe (as did Phil Neville) before getting pretty much outplayed against Chelsea the following Sunday.

Surely if these signings were not going to be done in this transfer window then he could've picked a more opportune moment to scout these players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

There are too many grumpy old sows in here, some of ye like a bunch of bickering old wimen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

There are too many grumpy old sows in here, some of ye like a bunch of bickering old wimen

Oh I'm in trouble now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

No sh!t, Sherlock

Clever stuff, A1, would read again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

It is if you happen to be stupid. Or bad at spelling. Or bad at remembering. Or not a contrary little bitch.

Clever stuff, A1, would read again.

This is what happens when you're witnessing the worst transfer deadline day ever:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I miss the oh my god we are actually going to sign Juan Mata, a genuinely world class footballer giddiness of last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

oh sweet jaysus....this thread is clearly gone to the dogs when you are correcting spelling or writing how to spell footballer names. WTF! who cares...cop on lads will ye

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

keano2012 wrote: »
    oh sweet jaysus....this thread is clearly gone to the dogs when you are correcting spelling or writing how to spell footballer names. WTF! who cares...cop on lads will ye

Says the fella who has been here for five minutes.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Says the fella who has been here for five minutes.

what does matter how long i have been here.
    Thread is Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14. Perhaps you guys should go the the "Trivial things that annoy me" thread. no man united talk here...ye sound like a bunch of girls....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

keano2012 wrote: »

this thread has clearly

:D

this thread has clearly

:D

weeeeeeh heeeeeeeeeey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Height of ignorance to say that,and never mind the attempt at backtracking in your next post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This thread isn't a spelling bee contest. Back to the football talk.

finally someone with sense...thanks mars bar! apparently city didnt get close to Mangala or Fernando valuations- perhaps Ed
    should get out the copter and nab one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

#World Exclusive : Stop Fighting, it's ruining my Friday.

Another #World Exclusive : Deadline Day is boring me. Not the same when you don't have hope.

GSPfan wrote: »
    #World Exclusive : Stop Fighting, it's ruining my Friday.

Another #World Exclusive : Deadline Day is boring me. Not the same when you don't have hope.

The most exciting part of the day has been reading official agents tweets

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement