Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Ffs sky have Januzaj in the hole

He's an infinitely better winger than Kagawa

sky get this sort of stuff wrong all the time. hold your fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

As opposed to who, the only other option is zaha and he's unproven,

Zaha is unproven, so he might be ****e.

Valencia on the other hand has spent 2 years proving pretty damn conclusively that he definitely is ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

K4t wrote: »
    Based on this season so far though, he is...

They are both Asian

That is where the similarity ends

Different positions, different strengths, weaknesses, styles

Kagawa is a far superior player, Ki has been dire this season, he has performed well in recent times, but that would be form you are talking about rather then ability.

Who is in better form?

Clearly Tim Howard is far superior to RVP, he is playing much better this season anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Zaha is unproven, so he might be ****e.

Valencia on the other hand has spent 2 years proving pretty damn conclusively that he definitely is ****e.

Watch out for the man if the match performance from Valencia today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Just realised this:

Welbeck: 11 starts, 4 subs - 8 goals
    RvP: 12 starts, 3 subs - 8 goals

I'm probably jinxing him for today, but so far this season Welbeck has done well for us. I can't believe people want him out of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Watch out for the man if the match performance from Valencia today

Ill give good odds against that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

RGDATA! wrote: »
    sky get this sort of stuff wrong all the time. hold your fire.

Sky now have him in the hole lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pro. F wrote: »
    I didn't misquote you. You said "CLev can hold at the edge of our box".

What you are saying that I said you said (the bolded bit above) is not what I said you said. I made sure to repeat exactly what you said when I was responding to it because I know how much you like to pretend your point has been misrepresented and start these "I said, you said" cluster fúcks whenever you are wrong about something. Here's where I repeated exactly what you said:

You are changing your point about what Cleverley should have done as well. Where's the talk about how Cleverley should have left Evra to go to Johnson? You glossed over that fairly quickly when you realised how stupid that suggestion was. From your original post:

...but now there's no mention of that.

I don't want to get into a back and forward either but the Clev holding at the edge of his box point of it being exactly what I said that your making is obviously taking half of what I said and taking it literally. I said before today he should contain him until they reach the box, of course if there is an opportunity to take the ball when containing he should do so but in the example we used there was not.

The Evra point I said I explained poorly already, Evra should not rush in like Clev did, Clev should contain and force Johnson wide and not into the box and then Evra comes into play.

Clev has been getting turned and running after players, sapping his own energy and making the team vulnerable. Its happened against Spurs with Sandro, it happen multiple times against Norwich and it happened against Sunderland most recently. For him to keep repeating these mistakes is very poor from him.

I'm not going to spend much more effort giving time to the Clev discussion as its blatantly obvious what his flaws are. His passing game is safe, predictable and non creative. His defensive side is the worst side of his game. Him rushing at players is timed all wrong and the poorest part of his game. I'm not even talking about how he gets turned but how he engages players too soon. This is completely the wrong way to play in the middle and the evidence is there for everyone to see, anyone who thinks Clevs methods are effective is in the wrong, its as simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Someone start a match thread. I've never done one before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Fletcher will put the Cleverley argument to bed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Keno wrote: »
    Someone start a match thread. I've never done one before.

Zerks has made one with an awful title! :(

Zerks has made one with an awful title! :(
    Zerks
    Zerks
    Zerks

82699-Anchorman-NOOOO-gif-Will-Ferre-cgyA.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

82699-Anchorman-NOOOO-gif-Will-Ferre-cgyA.gif

:pac:

Surely both Zerks and United's luck has to change soon! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads, Just looking for your opinion on how good you reckon Januzzi can get. I hear talk that he will be one of the top 5 players in the world in 3-4 years. On what you have seen so far would you agree and also would he be one of the type do you think to piss off abroad at his peak like Ronaldo did after been with us for a few years

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads, Just looking for your opinion on how good you reckon Januzzi can get. I hear talk that he will be one of the top 5 players in the world in 3-4 years. On what you have seen so far would you agree and also would he be one of the type do you think to piss off abroad at his peak like Ronaldo did after been with us for a few years

He will six Ballon Dor's in a row.

He will six Ballon Dor's in a row.

All achieved while playing for United:p

Lads, Just looking for your opinion on how good you reckon Januzzi can get.

Never heard of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was talking to my Dad about Utds current problems briefly today.He is a GAA man but would always have kept an eye on Utd since the 60's,He would only go by newspaper commentary like on Irish Independent and Irish Times but I thought he summarised the actual situation v well
    He said ' sure Ferguson retired when he saw team were at a crossroads,Club backing Moyes with 200 m now but sure it was last summer the club should have bought well and spent big.'
    Have to say he isn't a million miles off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Was talking to my Dad about Utds current problems briefly today.He is a GAA man but would always have kept an eye on Utd since the 60's,He would only go by newspaper commentary like on Irish Independent and Irish Times but I thought he summarised the actual situation v well
    He said ' sure Ferguson retired when he saw team were at a crossroads,Club backing Moyes with 200 m now but sure it was last summer the club should have bought well and spent big.'
    Have to say he isn't a million miles off the mark.

That whole statement falls apart though if you take out the stupid newspaper headline of a 200 million transfer fund. If he has 200 million now then surely he had 200 million then.

Never heard of him.

Sorry Typo I mean Januzai:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sorry Typo I mean Januzai:o

Keep going, you're nearly there! :D

Agree with you to an extent....personally I think the point is though that Utd fecked up so very badly by been tight in their attempted deals for likes of Fabregas....and don't say he would never have moved cos if Moyes had offered Barca a few million more and told Fabregas team wud be built around him he may well have come.
    Reality is Utd have an excellent young goalie,4 v good young defenders,Rooney and RVP and a **** midfield that 60 or 70 m spent last summer would have cured.
    Now everyone with players to sell in this window or in summer can charge Utd a premium price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

told Fabregas team wud be built around him

Like Arsenal told him?

Fabregas was never coming, I really don't know why people think there was even a chance. He was never going to leave Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I don't want to get into a back and forward either but the Clev holding at the edge of his box point of it being exactly what I said that your making is obviously taking half of what I said and taking it literally. I said before today he should contain him until they reach the box, of course if there is an opportunity to take the ball when containing he should do so but in the example we used there was not.

The Evra point I said I explained poorly already, Evra should not rush in like Clev did, Clev should contain and force Johnson wide and not into the box and then Evra comes into play.

Clev has been getting turned and running after players, sapping his own energy and making the team vulnerable. Its happened against Spurs with Sandro, it happen multiple times against Norwich and it happened against Sunderland most recently. For him to keep repeating these mistakes is very poor from him.

I'm not going to spend much more effort giving time to the Clev discussion as its blatantly obvious what his flaws are. His passing game is safe, predictable and non creative. His defensive side is the worst side of his game. Him rushing at players is timed all wrong and the poorest part of his game. I'm not even talking about how he gets turned but how he engages players too soon. This is completely the wrong way to play in the middle and the evidence is there for everyone to see, anyone who thinks Clevs methods are effective is in the wrong, its as simple as that.

You said Cleverley should hold at the edge of his own box. There was no ambiguity and the other things you said didn't qualify that to mean something other than what you actually said.

You did say that you had explained the Evra point poorly when I challenged you on it the first time, but in reality there is no denying that you were saying that Evra should have been the one to go and close down Johnson first, with Clev covering behind him:
    He should not have rushed in so quickly and stayed with Carrick and let Evra go to Johnson and then engaged him if Evra was beat but chances are Evra would force him to cross.

Since then you have abandoned that point. The fact that you won't admit that now shows that you are just spoofing your way through this discussion about defensive positioning and don't have a notion what you are talking about.

All the rest of your points about Cleverley and his performances in general I have already addressed, so there's no point repeating it.

Like Arsenal told him?

Fabregas was never coming, I really don't know why people think there was even a chance. He was never going to leave Barcelona.

Don't quite understand your point about Arsenal....their midfield totally revolved around Fabregas for 3/4 years.Until you offer sufficient money you can never say what a player or club will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I honestly think this season is a write off I really Cant see us getting 4th place, spurs liverpool and everton will all finish above us. Unless we can get the our first choice targets we should bother going for inferior targets and just wait until the summer. Furthermore I just dont think Kagawa is going to work, hes not suited to the way we play as good a player he is, we should use him as bait with dortmund for gundogen and reus

Next season I expect the following line up

Deagea

Rafael---Jones/smalling--new CB-new RB

Januzai----Carrick----New midfieider-New winger

Rooney

RVP

Hummels, Reus Gudogen and baines would do :)

As soon as Thiago left, Fabregas was never leaving. Believe it or believe it not. I choose to believe it.

We all know United should have bought big last Summer. Moyes doesn't have 200 million to spend now or ever. Not in 1 transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Like Arsenal told him?

Arsenal wouldnt of been able to offer him half the money united would of, money talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Valencia!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    You said Cleverley should hold at the edge of his own box. There was no ambiguity and the other things you said didn't qualify that to mean something other than what you actually said.

No, your twisting what I said. He should hold at his box once he tracks the player there, I have said this numerous times but you want to ignore this in a desperate attempt to defend Cleverly. As I can see you have no interest in a proper discussion we will leave it here.

Thank god Clev is not playing today and we will have none of these blatant errors to discuss during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hopefully the penny will drop with Moyes, Kagawa is a 10.
    Adnan is a genius and can play anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jan the only good thing to come out of this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Headshot wrote: »
    Jan the only good thing to come out of this season

Cl knockout stages too

How many of us have posted formations of 4-2-3-1 this season? Almost all of us. Well here we have the best moments of the season and guess what, it's 4-2-3-1. Looks really good with Fletch and Carrick behind Kagawa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cl knockout stages too

The player...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Kagawa, Janujaz and Fletcher are making me hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Headshot wrote: »
    The player...

Yeah im saying that this season the 2 positives are Jan and the fact we got through our CL group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Kagawa, Janujaz and Fletcher are making me hard

Imagine fletcher in the shower. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Neeson wrote: »
    Imagine fletcher in the shower. :)

112255.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

|Poor Hernandez only ever seems to get to play when Moyes has already decided to shut things down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

First game in a while the cameras haven't showed SAF

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So missed both goals, one when my dinner arrived, the other when Tesco arrived. So annoyingly can't comment on them.

What I will say is the second half was so, so superior to the first half. Don't know what he said at half time, but hope he can build on it. Cause it's great we've continued our good form against bottom half sides, but we'll need to have our wits about us for Chelsea next week.

And please, please, PLEASE GET A TRANSFER IN!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great to get the win :D

Whatever was said at half time it changed the game.

Came out a totally different team attitude wise.

I'm so happy right now. I'm going to get extra pissed tonight.

Whatever he said at half time it changed the game

Kag go central, Adnan go wide. Fletch keep doing what your doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Whatever he said at half time it changed the game

I imagine it went something like

"Adnan you and wee Shinje swap places"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Fletcher so composed on the ball. Some flashes of quality from Kags too. No need to mention how good Adnan was:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fletcher wasn't amazing or anything tonight but he showed just how much better he is than Cleverley.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Shíte first half, good second half. Great to get back to winning ways. I'm disappointed Zaha didn't get a run out as Valencia is a complete nonentity who contributes nothing.

Fletcher has improved our midfield noticeably. When is Jones back? I think he's played well whenever he played centre mid this season and himself and Fletcher could potentially be our best combination there, in the absence of any signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A lot done - more to do

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement