Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

The match thread when we re losing really brings out all thw muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That was pretty dismal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can't blame him for the injuries. Can blame him for the shocking selections, tactics and subs. Another record broken for Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

How Kagawa isn't ahead of TC even in central midfield is beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Davy Moyes is arguably the worst thing to happen to the club since the mid seventies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Headshot wrote: »
    There goes 4th. This is what happens when you dont strengthen the right positions in the team.

and when you put a mid table manager in charge of a top team. He'll relegate the team in a few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

There really isn't much point in posting in this thread til about 10pm tonight because people will just be constantly posting in anger and all the posts will drown in each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Carrick and Cleverly isn't going to work as a midfield. United have the talent upfront.....just nothing in the middle. How long has everyone known this?

And as for Moyes...well.....I've gone from being sorry for him to just irritated by him. What formation was he trying to play there in the second half? And why wasn't he telling his team to keep it on the deck. Long ball rubbish.

He's a goner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

First 30 mins were good, we really have had no luck this season and that ref was gank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That's it then,story of the season,look like taking one step forward but then take 25 steps back in the next game,not enough players wanted it today,a lot were just going through the motion's once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

spiralism wrote: »
    Davy Moyes is arguably the worst thing to happen to the club since the mid seventies.

And we owe it all to Fergie.

Letting him pick his successor has set the club back years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Whats the alternative to Moyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shambles .I know the 2 injuries threw a spanner in the works but that display was pathetic.no game play whatsoever,looked completely clueless out there.Why the **** did Fletcher not come on instead of Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

So Vidic and Ferdinand were out injured?

I'm usually positive about Welbecks game but today he was really awful when called upon, its like when your only capable of amateur mode on fifa but give world class a go, that's what his 'performance' was like out there.

Nice line-up, can't see us losing this with that team and bench

So what's your excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

As useless and all as United were, there is just no luck there. 2 cb off injured is a nightmare for any team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I am angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Welbeck was terrible . Every attack seemed to break down when he got the ball.

So Vidic and Ferdinand were out injured?

I'm usually positive about Welbecks game but today he was really awful when called upon, its like when your only capable of amateur mode on fifa but give world class a go, that's what his 'performance' was like out there.

Vidic was suspended will be back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Can't blame him for the injuries. Can blame him for the shocking selections, tactics and subs. Another record broken for Moyes.

This was the healthiest we've been in a while. Rooney, Carrick and RVP played. I'm not buying this ****e about not having the players anymore either, there's definitely enough quality there to get top 4, especially after spending 37 ****ing million on Mata. If this club is serious about being a competitive force at all again Moyes has to be sacked, he has to. Club needs to swallow its pride before he makes us the next Leeds United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

n32 wrote: »

The GGMU brigade come out in force, the people who forget ferguson was given 4 years to win a trophy, the people who forget that they support a club who stick by their managers and five them time to make their own team, the people who have probably only watched us through the ferguson years.

Support your team or f*ck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Wonder would moyes even consider resigning in the summer?

Just cut his losses..it would make any new managers job a whole lot easier now that their not replacing sir Alex..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Seriously though. How many ****ing times did we hear over the transfer window, "Better to wait until the summer to get real quality, we got Mata sure, and when Carrick and Van Persie come back we will have enough to get 4th spot".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Absolute bollox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The GGMU brigade come out in force, the people who forget ferguson was given 4 years to win a trophy, the people who forget that they support a club who stick by their managers and five them time to make their own team, the people who have probably only watched us through the ferguson years.

Wow, we are into the "real fans..." Portion of denial quite quickly today....

And the fools that forget that Moyes has never won a trophy in his life. The fools that forget that Ferguson was a european winner when he came to man utd - a proven winner who inherited a terrible team. Moyes inherited the champions and made them poor.

You sir are utterly clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

If i closed my eyes id swear that was Roy Keane and not Denis Irwin talking

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Another record for Moyes with Stokes first league win against Utd since 1984.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Vidic was suspended will be back next week.

Yup his suspension slipped my mind, did moyes or ferdinand say he(rio) was injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Every time a commentator says "it's 30 years since United lost to (insert opponents name)" you know United are going to lose. Stoke were Stoke, fouls aplenty defending deep etc... Manchester United should be beating them, not a fit centre half at the club so no doubt more defeats to come in the near future. Hard to see any more big names joining Mata at this rate. Club is on a serious slide, and all the opposition fans are kicking lumps out of us on our way down.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yup his suspension slipped my mind, did moyes or ferdinand say he(rio) was injured?

Rio is fine just wasn't included in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Fergie didn't take over the reigning champions and had experience of winning trophies. All Moyes had to do was keep United competitive. Relying on other teams to slip up so we can get fourth is not Manchester United if today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Cleverly... please please leave. Anyone any stats on points gained from games Clev started this season?

Two goals united couldn't do much about.. but the sytle of football Moyes has united playing is embarassing. It's like players are panicking every time they get the ball as they've been told to hoof a diagonal ball to the final third wide positions as quickly as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Moyes is tactically awful. It was obvious that the high balls and crosses weren't working, why persist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If we don't get 4th he deserves to go. It's as simple as that in my opinion.

4th looking unlikely now.

At the start of the season I said if we didn't sign the right midfielders and Carrick got injured we would get 3rd at best.

I can't believe how bad we are right now.

• Advertisement

So what's your excuse?

I don't need to make an excuse, bad performance from some of the players, terrible weather, a stoke team that thought they were playing rugby at times but at the end of the day it's down to the players not performing, a draw would have been a fair result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Support your team or **** off.....

So a true supporter just sits back and watchs as the club goes to **** ? A lot of ''True supporters'' on here so it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Danny Welbeck was a disgrace to watch today usually stick up for him but that was shocking, we can hardly get a corner right these days ffs how may times did Young cross the ball straight to Begovic?

Now that was our worst performance of the season so far, both manager and players alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I'm still trying to get my head around the welbeck sub when fletcher was on the bench. I could maybe understand rooney dropping back if there was no other midfield option but not then. If fletcher wasn't fit enough to play then he shouldn't have been there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

To put things into perspective (hard I know) this season could be a positive. We needed investment and if we had been in the top 3 this year would it have happened? I don't think so. Hopefully the board will now go out and get the players we need in. We will need to turn our attention to other targets, because there isn't a hope in hell that we will finish fourth

However, for me Moyes has to go. Too many excuses, far too many tactical errors and it can't be down to luck. We have had too many teams out play us this year, we are also far too predictable (how many times do we have to run down the left and cross to see that tactic isn't working).

We will write off this season and come back stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Its Crystal Clear, you could put Schwiensteiger, Vidal, Platini, Zidane, DiStefano in that frickin team and they'd still be dirt, no matter how many players you throw at the team there is something chronically wrong with the club. Its madness to keep saying we missed an opportunity in January, I don't buy it for one minute. Moyes is the problem and its up to him to fix it.

Giruilla wrote: »
    Cleverly... please please leave. Anyone any stats on points gained from games Clev started this season?

Two goals united couldn't do much about.. but the sytle of football Moyes has united playing is embarassing. It's like players are panicking every time they get the ball as they've been told to hoof a diagonal ball to the final third wide positions as quickly as they can.

Smalling tried his best to stick to that hoofing plan in the second half against the wind!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Many, many things wrong with today.

First off the obvious one being our dismal luck today. Evans injured after 10 minutes, and then Jones going down hard and getting stretchered off. As soon as that happened I felt we were doomed to defeat. Most teams would be when their two main CB's go off injured so I'm not surprised they were so terrible. Rafael on the other hand.. No excuse from him. Bad performance today. Honestly I'd like to see him replaced by Coleman in the summer. Rooneys free kick towards the end was incredibly unlucky to not go in.

The referee was awful. I'm not going to go into, but it's honestly one of the worst referee performances I've seen in quite some time.

Now, the biggest issue I had today was Moyes. The team selection looked okay on paper but Carrick and TC23 is an awful combination in reality. Play high balls and crosses all day against Stoke? That wasn't going to work. The one goal we did score? It didn't come from a cross or a high ball. So what do we do next? Crosses and high balls. The mind boggles.....

The amount of long balls from United in the that wind was ridiculous! Shocking tactics.

And the fools that forget that Moyes has never won a trophy in his life. The fools that forget that Ferguson was a european winner when he came to man utd - a proven winner who inherited a terrible team. Moyes inherited the champions and made them poor.

You sir are utterly clueless.

at least I'm not a glory hunter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

bullvine wrote: »
    Whats the alternative to Moyes?

Anyone, seriously, anyone. Patience has officially run out. And I like Moyes. They're playing progressively worse as the season goes on. There are no signs that he'll ever get it right. Bit the bullet and get rid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

n32 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people hang around match threads after their team loses. It's just going to be full of rival fans looking for a rise, all they want is people to be there arguing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

nullzero wrote: »
    Hard to see any more big names joining Mata at this rate. Club is on a serious slide, and all the opposition fans are kicking lumps out of us on our way down.

We will still be able to attract top players this summer barring we get relagated.

We were very unlucky today everyone needs to take a deep breath but 4th is probably gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

at least I'm not a glory hunter

Jesus, here we go. I'am off to after hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement