Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Said it before and I'l say it again, this is the new reality for United fans, for the time being at least.

So you can either spend the next couple of years bitching and moaning, spraying around vitriol and constantly setting yourself up for disappointment, which doesn't sound particularly enjoyable to me.

Or you can strap in, accept that United won't be top dog for a while, and get behind the team anyway. This option sounds more appealing to me.

As miserable as that performance was, there's no point popping an aneurysm over it. It is what it is. Rightly or wrongly, Moyes won't be sacked any time soon and even if he was, it's not guaranteed to change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know why Ferdinand wasn't on the bench at the very least. He's got to be a better option that what Moyes went with today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

at least I'm not a glory hunter

I've been to 289 Man Utd games since I was 7 years of age. The man who calls me a glory hunter is a very brave one indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

at least I'm not a glory hunter

lol your a great addition to this forum, you really are

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

The GGMU brigade come out in force, the people who forget ferguson was given 4 years to win a trophy, the people who forget that they support a club who stick by their managers and five them time to make their own team, the people who have probably only watched us through the ferguson years.

Support your team or f*ck off

People keep saying this but:
    • This isn't 1986
    • Fergie took over after a hugely impressive stint at aberdeen as opposed to Moyes making Everton finish around where they'd realistically expect for years.
    • In his first season Fergie salvaged a near lost cause, by his second we finished runners up. People knew it would take time to crack Liverpool's dominance. We WERE the dominant ones when Moyes took over.
    • Liverpool operate in a similar fashion to us in terms of treating managers but learned their lesson from Souness and will now get rid if they see it necessary - see Roy Hodgson and Dalglish when it became apparent they were out of their depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

The mistake liverpool made was replacing a top manager with Roy Hodgson, we've done the same. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The GGMU brigade come out in force, the people who forget ferguson was given 4 years to win a trophy, the people who forget that they support a club who stick by their managers and five them time to make their own team, the people who have probably only watched us through the ferguson years.

Support your team or f*ck off

Did you support Ron Atkinson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

At least I'm willing to have patience during the bad times, it was always going to happen with the amount of change in the club last summer, I've supported man utd for the last 30 years through good and bad, I don't expect instant success and I'm far from f*cking clueless! I support my team no matter what! not everyone on here can say that

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 10m

As walk off pitch policeman grab Moyes!
    I think he going be arrested for impersonation of footballing manager!

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    lol your a great addition to this forum, you really are

lol

We'll going by your attempt at sarcasm, actually forget it, you're not worth the ban

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

For me that's 4th more or less gone, Liverpool are playing too well to let a probable 9 point gap go even with what 15 games left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Nice line-up, can't see us losing this with that team and bench

Need new glasses
    Sorry couldn't resist

At least I'm willing to have patience during the bad times, it was always going to happen with the amount of change in the club last summer, I've supported man utd for the last 30 years through good and bad, I don't expect instant success and I'm far from f*cking clueless! I support my team no matter what! not everyone on here can say that

I asked you this question last week and you avoided it. If Man Utd hired Howard Wilkinson for the job...would you "get behind the team" then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

bullvine wrote: »
    Its Crystal Clear, you could put Schwiensteiger, Vidal, Platini, Zidane, DiStefano in that frickin team and they'd still be dirt, no matter how many players you throw at the team there is something chronically wrong with the club. Its madness to keep saying we missed an opportunity in January, I don't buy it for one minute. Moyes is the problem and its up to him to fix it.

I think a right/left back in the calibre of Coleman would drasticaly improve uniteds play.. but only because an overlapping full back are so important in what moyes is trying to do.
    That said, united repeatedly starting cleverly in cm is a massive issue for me.. its just shocking how far away from united standard he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

bedrock#1 wrote: »

That lad was good at first but is more miss than hit these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Whats the alternative to Moyes?

Martinez proven cup winner and has moyes team streets ahead of any everton team in yrs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

That evilkagawa account was funny for about 5 mins. The novelty has long worn off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

beno619 wrote: »
    We will still be able to attract top players this summer barring we get relagated.

We were very unlucky today everyone needs to take a deep breath but 4th is probably gone.

City are back at their favorite pastime of chasing players just because United show an interest in them. We have to accept that for the most part we will struggle to land or transfer targets and without champions league football that is all the harder.

Glazers Out!

Its Crystal Clear, you could put Schwiensteiger, Vidal, Platini, Zidane, DiStefano in that frickin team and they'd still be dirt, no matter how many players you throw at the team there is something chronically wrong with the club. Its madness to keep saying we missed an opportunity in January, I don't buy it for one minute. Moyes is the problem and its up to him to fix it.

Missed an opportunity.... People harping on about squad quality need a reality check. It's been better but this squad won the league by eleven ****ing points last year. Now if you told anyone that we'd add Juan Mata to the team would you have anyone on this board predicting we'd struggle to make the top half and play worse football than stoke? Thought so.

I've been to 289 Man Utd games since I was 7 years of age. The man who calls me a glory hunter is a very brave one indeed.

If you call someone clueless expect a retort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Martinez proven cup winner and has moyes team streets ahead of any everton team in yrs ;)

he'll get found out sooner or later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

bedrock#1 wrote: »

Who owns that account a 6 year old??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Anyone know why Ferdinand wasn't on the bench at the very least. He's got to be a better option that what Moyes went with today.

Moyes had 3 centre halfs on the pitch, 9/10 that's enough to get through a game.

Or you can strap in, accept that United won't be top dog for a while, and get behind the team anyway. This option sounds more appealing to me.

There is "not being top dog", and then there is "playing like a pub team".

I can accept the first, but never the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

#Meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

Tetchy....

I asked you this question last week and you avoided it. If Man Utd hired Howard Wilkinson for the job...would you "get behind the team" then?

Yes I'd still get behind the team, he'd be given time just like moyes is, I support the club and I feel moyes should be given until the end of next season when he has his own squad so that's why I won't slate the team, next season might be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just incased you missed this excellent post
    Any chance you might respond to this or are you talking through your hole?
    And the fools that forget that Moyes has never won a trophy in his life. The fools that forget that Ferguson was a european winner when he came to man utd - a proven winner who inherited a terrible team. Moyes inherited the champions and made them poor.

You sir are utterly clueless.

30 years? Good, I'll repeat my question. Should United have sacked Ron Atkinson? Did you support him then?

At what point does the fanbase attending matches turn on Moyes? Mid table bound? Only way the club will act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I've said it before you have to accept that these things happen in cycles. City are the big boys now. Liverpool are rising up. And United are going down but in a few years things will probably change again. That's what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

"We played well today" - David Moyes' interview template...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Id still be supporting Moyes now if I could see what he is TRYING to do! Ive no idea what the hell he is at...
    What style is he going for long ball stuff? Does he rate TC that much. I dunno anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Moyes in delusional interview again.
    Thought they played well and should have easily won the match as they created a hatful of chances.Off his rocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

My gut feeling is moyes is not the man for the job. This ploy of we need 5 or 6 players in the summer is bolli* .5/6 new players will confuse the man even more. He is unable to get the current squad playing in any sort of pattern or formation. Brutal to watch. We will hockey fulham nxt week though and all will be rosey again until the emirates 2/3 days later. Its a comedy show.

Your loyalty is admirable, but I fear you are somewhat deluded and you have come so far with your support of Moyes that you are unwilling to back down now, despite the wealth of evidence against the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

February the 2nd and lets be honest - THE SEASON IS OVER!!

If liverpool beat West brom tomorrow meaning we are 9 POINTS behind
    And with their goal difference +30 if they win just by one goal to our +10
    We are 10 points behind

We are 5 points behind Everton - the team he "overachieved with"

Moyes will soon be Fergie's worst ever signing - played 24 games now and lost 8.
    We will lose 10 becuz nothing we have seen so far suggests otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

My gut feeling is moyes is not the man for the job. This ploy of we need 5 or 6 players in the summer is bolli* .5/6 new players will confuse the man even more. He is unable to get the current squad playing in any sort of pattern or formation. Brutal to watch. We will hockey fulham nxt week though and all will be rosey again until the emirates 2/3 days later. Its a comedy show.
    we're more likely to beat arsenal and lose to Fulham tbh

Glazers Out!

Headshot wrote: »
    Just incased you missed this excellent post
    Any chance you might respond to this or are you talking through your hole?

Ron Atkinson won 3 F.A cups in 5 years which obviously wasn't good enough but it's kind of pointless asking me if he should have been sacked given who he was replaced with and what Fergie achieved,David moyes will be given time too, and he'll probably be given 4 or 5 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Nolars wrote: »
    Id still be supporting Moyes now if I could see what he is TRYING to do! Ive no idea what the hell he is at...
    What style is he going for long ball stuff? Does he rate TC that much. I dunno anymore.

I think he's trying to have no central midfielder and work attacks with full backs who can't keep the balls, playing one twos wingers who can't cross.
    All whilst having an excellent front 3 standing around waiting opposition goal kicks to get knocked back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

moyes = mediocrity

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For the first time in over 20 years, United were tasked with a job of replacing the greatest manager in history. We had no experience hiring managers.

So why are people so hard up to accept that this inexperience led us to make a mistake? A refusal to admit mistakes is how clubs slip down forever. As a club, it's not the end of the world to hold our hands up and go "Sorry, we ****ed up, and finding the ultimate successor to Fergie was never going to be something easily achieved on our first try".

Or...ya know...we can keep burying our heads in the sand...

Your loyalty is admirable, but I fear you are somewhat deluded and you have come so far with your support of Moyes that you are unwilling to back down now, despite the wealth of evidence against the man.

Ok apologies for the lazy glory hunter response but as I said I will support the manger this and next season, if performances and results are the same this time next season then I'll probably be calling for his head too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

L-W-L-W-L over the last 5 league games.

4th is gone and deservedly so. Upper mid table is our level atm. At this point, it would probably be sensible to focus on performing a miracle in the CL. Use our league games to try and introduce a better style of play without having Moyes' crippling fear of losing hanging over us. At this rate, the only hope he can have for being in the job next season is if he can show he's actually building something.

If we spend the rest of the season playing like this then he doesn't deserve this opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

United's biggest mistake was allowing Ferguson to chose his successor. He then went for someone who was in his image when he himself took over at United.

The thing is United and indeed football is a vastly different place to when Ferguson took charge of United. Expectations at Old Trafford are so much higher then they were when Ferguson was appointed, competition is fiercer and Moyes is simply not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

David moyes will be given time too, and he'll probably be given 4 or 5 years

I find it weird when people say things like this with no provisos like as long as he keeps us in the CL maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Ron Atkinson won 3 F.A cups in 5 years

No he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Chagan wrote: »
    Lower mid table is our level atm.

You know lower mid table is about 14th right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

At this stage i thought the obsessives would have given up.

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I don't know what we have to do to win.

Clearly...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement