Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I agree with above, but we won't see Kagawa again much I fear. We will always have one of Valencia or Young in the team. I'm bloody sick of these underperforming wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Skud wrote: »
    I agree - but we are capable of doing it.

Yeah, we are about to go on a run!

Aaaaaaaaaaany minute now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

We don't have time to fall behind. Look at Liverpool and see how quickly empires can fall with 2-3 seasons of disastrous football and decision making.

This is what worries me but I still think he deserves 1 more season

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

I wouldn't count the first transfer window as he didn't have the time to scout what he needed, having said that I don't agree with the way he seemed to bid for fabregas, thiago, Herrera etc just for the sake of it, he didn't make that mistake this window
    I think he is doing the right thing about the areas he knows needs fixing by not just going out and signing anyone which he well could have done this window, I think we will see the world class signings we wanted in this window in the summer.
    I like moyes because of his dedication to the job, his constant travelling to games and overseas to scout players, I've read somewhere that he's only taken 3 days off since he started, that to me says he deserves a fair crack of the whip.
    I think that when he gets the players he wants it will show in better tactics and therefore performances.
    Only Time will tell.

this phrase makes me so mad, to the point of pulling my hair out. People talk about Moyes as not having a clue about the squad that we had - every pundit and man of the street knew that we need creativity and some steel in the midfield.

He started the job on July the 1st - by all accounts, he knew he was getting the job in March of last year. How much time does someone need to identify targets and identify the weak points of the squad, its not like he couldnt speak to the previous management.........

And another thing, we keep hearing about this awesome scouting network that he had at everton and i dont accept this excuse of a different type of player. Im sure if 500 footballers are on this list - one or two could fit the gaps in our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The match thread wasn't enough for them it seems :rolleyes:

If you've a problem with me posting just say so. I read an opinion on Liverpool and thought it wasn't a true reflection of Rodgers. It's also a pertinent point as regards Moyes because there isn't much point buying Mata if he's insisting on players getting to the bye line. All right it will work to a certain extent and Mata will deliver individual pieces of skill, but its a waste.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, this Man United team (without Mata aswell) is going to beat Bayern, Barca, Real, Atletico or even City or Chelsea, probably even more than one of these teams. That is something that is going to happen.

Hence the use of the word 'miracle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Bar an incredibly unlikely change in results and fortunes then Moyes position should be reviewed at the end of the season.

There's no way any other top European club would stick with a manager doing ghis badly.

I like Moyes and thought he may have been worth a punt but it is failing and badly at that.

He should be judged on his merits alone and not on what Fergie thinks. If this is done then the sensible thing to do would be to thank Moyes for his hard work and move him on. Sometimes things just don't work out for you and unfortunately for Moyes it seems like one those situations.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

****ing sad day when the likes of stoke beat us.... and although we were away from home terrible result. .

If i was moyes i would be laying the law down and telling players you are playing for your livelihoods you play **** ill sell you and to all players not just midfield or defense....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

K-9 wrote: »
    If you've a problem with me posting just say so. I read an opinion on Liverpool and thought it wasn't a true reflection of Rodgers. It's also a pertinent point as regards Moyes because there isn't much point buying Mata if he's insisting on players getting to the bye line. All right it will work to a certain extent and Mata will deliver individual pieces of skill, but its a waste.

You know well that I wasn't talking about your post.

K-9 wrote: »
    Why ask someone to say if they have an issue with you posting? It will just end in a row abd thread derailing...

Report posts thats what mods are tgere for i say.

thats not a snipe at you either..

****ing disgusted moyes has to produce or walk i say..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The big thing that sticks out for me is that I just don't see Moyes improving. You can blame the players but this is still the bulk of the squad that won the title under Ferguson, yet under Moyes they look a shadow of the team they were. He's a cautious manager by nature, happy to defend a tight lead against weaker opposition at home and I can't see that ever changing. Nothing he ever did at Everton suggests he knows how to win trophies and expecting him to learn at one of the biggest clubs in the world is a massive ask.

The worst thing about todays game was that for large spells Cleverley was playing in a more advanced role than Rooney and Mata!!

What sort of sorcery is this?

Is it wrong i feel sorry for mata joining us.. no champions league for him next year a terrible shame as he is such a talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why ask someone to say if they have an issue with you posting? It will just end in a row abd thread derailing...

Report posts thats what mods are tgere for i say.

thats not a snipe at you either..

****ing disgusted moyes has to produce or walk i say..

No issues from me there, the poster answered and I've no reason to doubt him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Is it wrong i feel sorry for mata joining us.. no champions league for him next year a terrible shame as he is such a talent

Depends really. If we get a manager in who is tactically astute and likes to keep the ball on the ground he'll thrive.

To paraphrase the late Brian Clough 'if football was meant to be played in the air there'd be grass on the clouds'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Reading about how Zaha played today makes me sad :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Im sure the £150k+ p.w will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It isn't clear if Moyes has us playing the way we do out of a lack of a world class midfielder, he said that's what the team needs but also said the best players won't be gettable until the summer.

I hope it is the case but I don't think we'll find out until the first games are played in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Rodgers is a pertinent example. Last season everyone knew that Pool's problem was lack of quality, but tactically Rodgers at least looked like he was innovative, and interested in quality football. Moyes also has quality problems, but no one could say he is trying to play good football. Todays performance was probably the worst tactical display imaginable. Moyes gave it away himself, got to the byeline 8 or 9 times. I mean, on a wild windy day against Stoke City, with Mata and Rooney playing behind RvP he is interested in getting to the byeline?

His tactics are terrible, and he can't motivate the players. I have no doubt now he will get up to the summer but I guarantee he will go then. 2013/14 written off, and no Europa ether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

J. Marston wrote: »
    And we owe it all to Fergie.

Letting him pick his successor has set the club back years.

Fergie not buying a midfielder or looking after the ones we had up and coming has set us back years i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Monaco, a less prestigious club than United could attract some top players with no CL.
    United will too, but 4th is still a possibility but a lesser one.

It is disappointing how this season is going, but a long way still to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fergie not buying a midfielder or looking after the ones we had up and coming has set us back years i think.

If only it was that simple. I'd be delighted if I thought a couple of midfielders would sort out the mess that is Manchester United now.

There really is only one place to start in sorting this mess out and that's getting rid of the root cause - Moyes.

It isn't clear if Moyes has us playing the way we do out of a lack of a world class midfielder, he said that's what the team needs but also said the best players won't be gettable until the summer.

I hope it is the case but I don't think we'll find out until the first games are played in August.

It's hard to know but one thing is clear. He now has 3 world class operators throught the middle in Rooney, Kagawa and now Mata. Yet he still insists on 'get it wide and to the bye-line' tactics.

I just don't understand where he's going with the team selections and tactics.
    Constantly changing his centerback and midfield partnerships is lunacy. No wonder we're all over the shop at the back when the back 4 can't get 2 games in a row together. We kept a rare clean sheet during the week so he decides to change it up. Baffling stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

This thread is going to follow the same pattern as it always does now...

Eight times this season (and the shambles in the two cups) people came on here with their immediate negativity and anger. Then as the days went on and the belief that surely they won't lose again, positivity grew again.

Today was a turning point for me. With the signing of Mata, the club should have been on a massive high and ready to take on the rest of the season head on...Rooney, Mata and RVP in the same squad and unbelievably, people are still making excuses. Even the fcuking weather was mentioned...this is starting to get embarrassing.

I've had to get into fights with people regarding our managerial question and what I'd like to know now is...how low do we have to sink before you will wake up?

this time last year 62 points goal difference +29 lead at the top 10 points

David Moyes Man utd - 40 points goal difference +10

"It isn't clear if Moyes has us playing the way we do out of a lack of a world class midfielder, he said that's what the team needs but also said the best players won't be gettable until the summer."

We dont have any players like Andy Carroll or Shearer who thrive on crosses - its a tactic that has become outdated in the last 5 years.
    Me personally look admiringly at "forward thinking managers like Big Sam" not just 442 - no striker formation - makes our manager look
    like a dinosaur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Here's how I see it playing out. A huge amount of money will be spent in the summer. The results and style of play will still be dreadful and the match going fans eventually turn against Moyes. The replacement manager rescues the season and reach 4th. Summer 2015 will see the club being cured and ready to challenge again.

Essentially what I'm saying is that the year after next year is our year

RobertKK wrote: »
    Monaco, a less prestigious club than United could attract some top players with no CL.
    United will too, but 4th is still a possibility but a lesser one.

It is disappointing how this season is going, but a long way still to go.

We can just tell the english tax man to forget about us paying tax on the wages of the superstars we will get in to rebuild the club. I'm sure he will understand!!

If it set us back years would be a great thing giggs scholes keane all in their prime yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We can just tell the english tax man to forget about us paying tax on the wages of the superstars we will get in to rebuild the club. I'm sure he will understand!!

AS Monaco reached an agreement with the French, where they will pay €50 million in taxes to the French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Well this is a load of bollox.

I was sure this morning that we had a hell of a good chance of beating Stoke, and of getting 4th place.
    Not so sure anymore.... I can't see Liverpool not beating West Brom tomorrow, and there just is no way of seeing us clawing back 9 points.... (essentially ten, with gd)

Depressing.

The only thing we can do now is expect to finish 6th or 7th and hope that there's someone on the board of management with a pair of balls and a realisation of what has been happening to the club this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Any word on Jones?

AS Monaco reached an agreement with the French, where they will pay €50 million in taxes to the French.

A once off 50 million payment to the french government that they pay in installments, you do realize the united wages every yr is over 200 million. They have got off very light hence why they will still b a more attractive option than UTD next season as they will have CL football to go with their incredible wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

if ye arent getting 4th it would be best perhaps to miss the europa altogether, lke liverpool this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

great to see Ole doing well today, nice assist by Zaha too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Which is just drop in the ocean.

It's reported that Psg have to pay Zlatan €55m a year for him to take home €13m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can't stand Moyes and want him gone, but you watch, he'll go and do something completely idiotic like win us the CL, then we're stuck wit the clown :(

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can't stand Moyes and want him gone, but you watch, he'll go and do something completely idiotic like win us the CL, then we're stuck wit the clown :(

hah that is wrong on so many levels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We are struggling against Stoke. If we don't get mauled by a CL team, I will be shocked....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Moyes is a laughing stock at this stage.

Does he have any clue how much of a broken record he sounds?

Almost every defeat it's the same story!!

"we played well. Got no luck. Need to improve"

I suggest he watches Man City play (or Liverpool and Arsenal) and re-define what he thinks "played well" means.

Even in the games United won this year there was no style, no panache and for the most part totally unconvincing performances. Even Cardiff outplayed United in general play away from home.

How anybody can trust him to get the best out of the players is beyond me.
    How anybody can trust him to be given £100m in the summer to spend on players is beyond me. Even if he gets 1 world class player and 4 slightly below world class, he hasn't a clue how to motivate and manage them.

This whole "it isnt the Manchester United way to sack managers" is bull. It's not the Manchester United way to play awful, unimaginative football and finish mid table either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The last straw in what little straw is left.

Please take Welbeck and Cleverley too. Hopeless.

Lol

we have not got a ****ing chance of winning CL.

Not....a.......hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It only adds insult to injury to remind people how absolutely garbage Stoke under Mark Hughes are. They're still prime candidates to go down in my book.

If you were to trawl back through my posts you would see an initial hatred for Danny Wellbeck - I was comparing him to a new born foal. However, he's one of a select group of players that is currently playing for Man Utd with some passion. His finishing and his first touch is not there yet, but people were getting on to him today about things that they wouldn't dream of mentioning if Utd were winning 3-0. I think he'll come good when the team starts playing well again (whenever that will be)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If theres a shread of hope i thought mata rooney rvp interchanged very well between themseleves before the 2nd substitution sadly the rest behind them were not very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

If you were to trawl back through my posts you would see an initial hatred for Danny Wellbeck - I was comparing him to a new born foal. However, he's one of a select group of players that is currently playing for Man Utd with some passion. His finishing and his first touch is not there yet, but people were getting on to him today about things that they wouldn't dream of mentioning if Utd were winning 3-0. I think he'll come good when the team starts playing well again (whenever that will be)..

Ah here i usually don't give out about him but he was s***e today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ician wrote: »
    hah that is wrong on so many levels.
    We are struggling against Stoke. If we don't get mauled by a CL team, I will be shocked....
    Lol

we have not got a ****ing chance of winning CL.

Not....a.......hope.

i know that, hence why i said it was idiotic

In fairness you did.

My posts was for anyone who might just think we will.

No. You were saying winning the champions league would be a bad thing, however unlikely it may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Moyes he the type of lad that if it was raining titties he would get hit in the head with a dick

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement