Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Just caught up on the last few pages from last night.

I have been one of Clevs harshest critics but there is no way one man is responsible for our entire form.

He has been poor this season and he has made it easier for teams to get at our defense and he doesn't offer much creativity but there are a few players playing below par.

My opinion on Clev remains the same though, he doesn't offer enough for the team. We have Carrick, Fletch and Fellaini. All of those players should start ahead of him and if we buy two more CM's Clev is not really needed. When he started for UTD I was as excited as anyone but from there till now its plain to see it just hasn't happened. His game is limited and we should demand more quality in the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who can we buy who's better and available now? I wouldn't mind seeing him go in the summer if we were actually upgrading on him but selling him now when our only other wing options are Januzaj, Young and Tony Volatile is a bit mad.

Ando is doing nothing now. It wont harm the team if he goes or not. At least if he goes he might get back to some kind of form like he had when he came first (man I loved him then) The injuries have destroyed Ando and to me he got over weight and was just happy to picking up a pay cheque. He should of gone on loan ages ago. Well done Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Headshot wrote: »
    Well done Moyes

RiLUmzT.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

:( Anderson, at least we still have the memories. Like that time when he.....hmm, nope.

Thank God he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

J. Marston wrote: »
    :( Anderson, at least we still have the memories. Like that time when he.....hmm, nope.

Thank God he's going.

He took a nice penalty in the CL final :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He was a loveable little fatty, still only 25

oa4v2d.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The idea that United should keep players because they are great in the dressing room or are big characters is laughable. No one has said as much but it's always rolled out as a factor when talking about Anderson and Evra. If they are sh1t on the pitch then get rid of them. Anderson is finished at United. Rio and Evra will be next. What they do on the pitch is far more important than how much people like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea, Arsenal and City in the next 7, we'll find out if we're going to start winning against the top end teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

GSPfan wrote: »
    The idea that United should keep players because they are great in the dressing room or are big characters is laughable. No one has said as much but it's always rolled out as a factor when talking about Anderson and Evra. If they are sh1t on the pitch then get rid of them. Anderson is finished at United. Rio and Evra will be next. What they do on the pitch is far more important than how much people like them.

Hopefully he gets game time and fitness at Fiorentina, he has contributed over the years and has bags of ability.

Nobody was suggesting he should stay because he's popular, just pointing out that some fans will miss him as well as his teammates.

RiLUmzT.gif

I give credit where credit is due.

Fergie refused to do anything with Ando for ages now and Moyes steps up and does a Homer Simpson and cuts Ando

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I give credit where credit is due.

Fergie refused to do anything with Ando for ages now and Moyes steps up and does a Homer Simpson and cuts Ando

Thats rubbish Ando was always useful when he played under Fergie and Fergie clearly had faith in him or he would have been shipped out a long time ago.

Moyes doesn't rate him that fair enough and is rightfully letting him go, still a joke that he didnt get a few games in the past 2 months over Cleverley imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I cant understand why Moyes puts Zaha on the bench yet seems to refuse to give him a minute appearence. Surely he could give him a run out to see how he does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Writing has been on the wall for Ando for a while now. I'm surprised he's lasted this long to be honest. Fergies loyalty to these type of players has allowed this squad to become stale and top heavy. Good to see Moyes having the guts to cut the dead wood out of the team. Hopefully it'll pave the way for new faces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RasTa wrote: »
    He was a loveable little fatty, still only 25

oa4v2d.gif
    Good God, play his cards right and he could be bleeding clubs dry for another 5-7 years.
    beno619 wrote: »
    Thats rubbish Ando was always useful when he played under Fergie and Fergie clearly had faith in him or he would have been shipped out a long time ago.

Moyes doesn't rate him that fair enough and is rightfully letting him go, still a joke that he didnt get a few games in the past 2 months over Cleverley imo.

You misspelled useless.

Be warned.... This post is in relation to Paul Pogba. Viewer discretion is advised.

There's reports he is unsettled in Italy. Someone at Juventus has said that Pogba will probably be sold at some point because he is a star and Italian football is no longer the end of the road for footballers. He is reported to want to come back to England.

So, do you reckon he would consider United? And would United consider him?
    It seems like a perfect fit. He probably qualifies as a home grown talent too does he not? But would United feel like they have even more egg on their face if they bought a guy for 30million that they sold for 1.5million or whatever only 2 years ago. Surely United fans would love it but would it ever happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Be warned.... This post is in relation to Paul Pogba. Viewer discretion is advised.

There's reports he is unsettled in Italy. Someone at Juventus has said that Pogba will probably be sold at some point because he is a star and Italian football is no longer the end of the road for footballers. He is reported to want to come back to England.

It seems like a perfect fit. He probably qualifies as a home grown talent too does he not? But would United feel like they have even more egg on their face if they bought a guy for 30million that they sold for 1.5million or whatever only 2 years ago. Surely United fans would love it but would it ever happen.

Ties in nicely with moyes apparently being spotted innthe crowd just now for juve and cag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Probably looking at Marchisio sitting on the bench

Or Vidal please, god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ties in nicely with moyes apparently being spotted innthe crowd just now for juve and cag.

BdyN_WKCIAAjBoR.jpg

Reported to be watching Davide Astori.

Phil Neville is in Spain at Rayo Vallecano v Getafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

zerks wrote: »

Reported to be watching Davide Astori.

Meh, should have gone to some Cagliari games earlier and he could have been impressed by Nainggolan. Astori isn't really a huge improvement on what we have imo

wonder who's been looked at there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

wonder who's been looked at there?

Niguez or Galvez I assume. Don't know much about them but Niguez is meant to be quite promising

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I cant understand why Moyes puts Zaha on the bench yet seems to refuse to give him a minute appearence. Surely he could give him a run out to see how he does?

Bit like Fergie with Pogba

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

titan18 wrote: »
    Meh, should have gone to some Cagliari games earlier and he could have been impressed by Nainggolan. Astori isn't really a huge improvement on what we have imo

I'd agree and I don't really like the source saying astori if it's trandeci!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

If he is at the game anyone know anything about this lot?

2i6gsvs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Some paper has, according to the bbc gossip column, united linked with Coentrao on loan. Anyone know when was the last time United loaned a player? The only loans I can think of in fergusons time are Tevez and that bald French lad in the early nineties

Story here from the Indo about the Coentrao deal.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/man-united-close-in-on-deal-for-fabio-coentrao-29908812.html

titan18 wrote: »
    Niguez or Galvez I assume. Don't know much about them but Niguez is meant to be quite promising

Seems like Barca have 1st option on Niguez:(

Mirror saying that Fiorentina have a chartered flight at Manchester Airport so that's deffo Anderson on his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

His agent is a nob and he will move about a lot in his career due to this, would love Pogba at the club, but would love him to have a different agent or it would only be a short term thing anyway, probably France next, then England again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd happily take Pogba back. I'm all for admitting mistakes at United nowadays...

• Advertisement

Ridiculous decision there to rule on the Newcastle equalizer against City.

City getting the luck in the Newcastle game:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The ref is having a complete mare of a time in this Newcastle City game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Going by that linesman decision today James Milner's goal against Utd last season at OT should have disallowed as well so.

Going by that linesman decision today James Milner's goal against Utd last season at OT should have disallowed as well so.

I think the ref overruled the linesman to disallow it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If a player has to jump out of the way to not get hit by the ball, I would class that as interfering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If a player has to jump out of the way to not get hit by the ball, I would class that as interfering.
    If he touches it he's interfering, and the only question here is without touching the ball did he interfere with Hart's ability to save that shot. The answer is no. Hart was ****ed, the ball had far too much pace on it.

Christ, at least make them work to win the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

K4t wrote: »
    If he touches it he's interfering, and the only question here is without touching the ball did he interfere with Hart's ability to save that shot. The answer is no. Hart was ****ed, the balled had far too much pace on it.

Christ, at least make them work to win the league.

If a player dummies the ball then, is that not interfering cos he didn't touch it? cop on man.

If a player dummies the ball then, is that not interfering cos he didn't touch it? cop on man.
    Not if it bears no correlation to the keeper's efforts to save the shot as in this situation. It's simple really, Gouffran did not interfere with Hart or the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Might be better to discuss this in the Newcastle thread , or if there's a match thread? Nothing got to do with Man United

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Might be better to discuss this in the Newcastle thread , or if there's a match thread? Nothing got to do with Man United
    Everything to do with Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Imagine Pogba coming back to England and playing for one of our rivals :(

If he does come back to the premier league then this will be the most likely scenarios IMO.

Trilla wrote: »

It's melting down in there over it.A win for City puts them top of the table,not the place we want them to be.

As Mancini would have said.

2wh1oj4.jpg

The offside rules are mad these days. Sure Valencia was offside last night for his own goal when it was first crossed in by Januzaj. He jumped for the header then scored 3 seconds later.

The offside rules are mad these days. Sure Valencia was offside last night for his own goal when it was first crossed in by Januzaj. He jumped for the header then scored 3 seconds later.

Commentators mentioned that he didn't interfere in the "first phase of play" and was onside for the 2nd phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Quandary wrote: »
    Imagine Pogba coming back to England and playing for one of our rivals :(

If he does come back to the premier league then this will be the most likely scenarios IMO.
    But he might return to us, I'm not sure if he has a grudge with united or with fergie . unfortunately just thought there fergie is on the board so would he have a say on certain players coming in

Commentators mentioned that he didn't interfere in the "first phase of play" and was onside for the 2nd phase.

Which is wrong really cause he affects the defenders header which flicks off his head to the back post where Kagawa does his thing and then Valencia knocks it in. I'd call it interfering but obviously the refs wouldn't. Seems like those decisions are just judgement calls which will cause controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

KH25 wrote: »
    I would try 2 up front, Kagawa and Januzaj behind them, and 2 CM's anchoring them. Or we could play Rooney, Jan and Kags all behind RVP with licence to roam.
    KH25 wrote: »
    The 'Man Utd way' needs an update.Football has changed.

The first formation there is the 4222 magic square that Brazil started using in the early 80s. The second one is pretty much what United are already playing. Football formations have not changed and the formation used is not the issue with this team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Seems like Barca have 1st option on Niguez:(

Isn't he on loan from Atletico ?
    I think it was Mitch who was saying United should be looking at players below the level of Vidal/Fabregas etc and look for up and coming talent.Niguez would fit that criteria.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement