Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Is there official confirmation of Anderson being gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Iago wrote: »
    And the small matter of scoring a penalty in a champions league final...Oh and the winning penalty in a League Cup final

Think of what you are calling a contribution in over 6 years......(Edit winning a peno) Scored the winning peno. Fair play Ando.......put that on your CV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Idk maybe its was just me but that CL final 2008/2009 where Ando starts, he had a perfect opportunity to stop Iniesta but basically just pulling him back and did **** all, unforgivable tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Lads I think ye are getting a little carried away with young Adnan, hes got talent, but saying hes going to be in the top 4/5 players in a few years is crazy, hes played like less than ten games and played well but come on:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

master-t wrote: »
    Think of what you are calling a contribution in over 6 years......winning a peno. Fair play Ando.......put that on your CV.

He didnt win a peno. He came on at the edn of extra time and hadnt kicked a ball. Went to a penalty shoot out and he took one of the penaltys wchich he scored - it was his only touch.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I don't know how many times he played 90 minutes you check seems your bringing it up. The main reason he didn't is because he was rarely match fit and was covering more ground in 60 minutes than most players did in 90 minutes.

Watch back his first season where he played well and looked promising. Watch the first 6 games of the season two seasons ago where we played our best football in years and he made Cleverley look like a good midfielder. Everytime he looked like he was going to fulfill his potential he got injured.

To say he contributed nothing is just very short sighted he came in and done a job plenty of times over the years when resting players. Moyes made the mistake of persisting with cleverley and not giving Anderson some games. He never turned into the world class player he had the potential to be unfortunately. I wish him all the best seems a character and if he put's his injuries behind him he could become a very good player.

Anderson not being fit......is down to Anderson unfortunately. He is known to be a 'fatty' and love his Fast Food. Even the players, Rio and Evra in particular, have poked fun at this in the past.

I agree, when Anderson played his run about 2 years ago, we were fantastic. However, he got injured, again, then never got his form back. He contributed very little when you look at players around him during the same period.

I take back my nothing statement, and replace it with, very very very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

astonaidan wrote: »
    Lads I think ye are getting a little carried away with young Adnan, hes got talent, but saying hes going to be in the top 4/5 players in a few years is crazy, hes played like less than ten games and played well but come on:rolleyes:

I have not seen a player so good, so young since CR7. From watching Jan, you can see he is a class above the rest and at 18 thats nothing short of phenomenal.

Jesus. Some United fans are infuriating. It's not Moyes making the mistake of not playing a ****e player. It' the players fault for not putting the effort in, either in training or when he gets the chance, to make an opportunity for himself.

Moyes has obviously looked at Anderson vs Cleverley and decided that Celvs can actually finish a match. Has fitness. And obvious outs the effort in. I thought Anderson was going to be an unreal player for us. I have given him multiple chances. He has let me down every time. He won't make the grade, he's not English, so it makes more sense for the club to sell him.

He has barely kicked a ball this season, he won't be missed on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

That smiley makes it so hard you take you seriously.

If only it was banned on the soccer forum, makes whoever uses it look like a right tosspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Watch the first 6 games of the season two seasons ago where we played our best football in years and he made Cleverley look like a good midfielder. Everytime he looked like he was going to fulfill his potential he got injured.

Yeah ,the football played by Utd during that period was the best I have seen them play in a long long time,it was refreshing and open .
    The partnership was broken up due to injury and shortly afterwards Utd lost 6-1 at home to Man City and Ferguson abandoned the fluid football experiment and reverted to a much more defensive and negative style of play.

I'd like to have seen Utd play that open style of play for a few more months ,but the 6-1 defeat caused Fergie to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Ferguson rarely played Andersen in his best position ,something Ferguson was guilty of doing with alot of midfielders .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Anderson came to United with a shed load of potential, and just never lived up to it.
    I'll be sorry to see him go, more so because of the player he could have been rather than the player he is.

Good luck to him, hope he does well there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Headshot wrote: »
    Idk maybe its was just me but that CL final 2008/2009 where Ando starts, he had a perfect opportunity to stop Iniesta but basically just pulling him back and did **** all, unforgivable tbh.

Anderson completely froze that day and in my opinion was the single biggest factor in us losing. I know, it was Barcelona and they had a fantastic midfield, but he really didn't get into that game at all. We all knew that we had to work hard to break even there but Ando just looked so leaden footed and didn't compete at all. No surprise he was taken off at halftime.

A Hargreaves or the inform Darren Fletcher playing that day and the result could have been very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Montroseee wrote: »
    I have not seen a player so good, so young since CR7. From watching Jan, you can see he is a class above the rest and at 18 thats nothing short of phenomenal.
    Messi came after Ronaldo, Neymar came after Ronaldo, Goetze came after Ronaldo. You kinda proved my point about ye over rating him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Messi came after Ronaldo, Neymar came after Ronaldo, Goetze came after Ronaldo. You kinda proved my point about ye over rating him

They weren't as good at 18!!

bmcc10 wrote: »

Messi and Neymar were.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

09/10 was meant to be Anderson's make or break season, think about that for one minute. Its a miracle hes lasted this long, the only reason being he had a couple of good games around the end of 2010 which resulted in him getting a new contract. For me, hes got to be the most disappointing player to have played for United, simply because he did show some flashes of brilliance and had some absolutely terrific games, unfortunately it has been only around 10 times in his entire United career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anderson not being fit......is down to Anderson unfortunately. He is known to be a 'fatty' and love his Fast Food. Even the players, Rio and Evra in particular, have poked fun at this in the past.

I agree, when Anderson played his run about 2 years ago, we were fantastic. However, he got injured, again, then never got his form back. He contributed very little when you look at players around him during the same period.

I take back my nothing statement, and replace it with, very very very little.

Fatty do people actually be serious it's known as a stupid joke. The chap is as fit as a fiddle and has a body most could only wish for. He looks unfit because he was rarely match fit and covered so much ground on the pitch everytime he played.

Injuries are the reason for him not contributing so much. He has had two serious injuries and niggling injuries all his time at United. Personally i would have preferred him to be loaned out and see if he can prove his fitness but i can see the sense in selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It was in the best interest of both parties that Anderson leaves for another club. He has so many injury issues since he joined it's unreal. Maybe change of scene might do the trick.

Hopefully he will go on to become a big success for Fiorentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bullvine wrote: »
    09/10 was meant to be Anderson's make or break season, think about that for one minute. Its a miracle hes lasted this long, the only reason being he had a couple of good games around the end of 2010 which resulted in him getting a new contract. For me, hes got to be the most disappointing player to have played for United, simply because he did show some flashes of brilliance and had some absolutely terrific games, unfortunately it has been only around 10 times in his entire United career.

He came to United as the biggest young talent in the world as an attacking midfielder where he was scoring and assisting. Fergie changed him completely into a deeper midfielder where he was less effective. Injuries have played a huge part in him not turning into the player he could have been. Between being mismanaged and injuries he just never turned into the world class player he could have been.

In over 100 appearances, Anderson has only completed 90 minutes 19 times. That's appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Just watched this, amazing watch. Great times! The young Ronaldo and Rooney were some combination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Use that pedantic smilie all you want but the kid is special, it's blatantly obvious. He's not just played well, he is taking over the games he plays in, it's utterly ridiculous how much better he looks than most Premier League players and he is still a child.

The last time I saw a player execute moments of brilliance with the confidence he does was Cristiano Ronaldo, I see no reason Adnan can't develop into a similar player.

Watch more of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Moyes has obviously looked at Anderson vs Cleverley and decided that Celvs can actually finish a match. Has fitness. And obvious outs the effort in. I

Is this a common belief that Cleverley has great fitness/stamina? I would have thought the complete opposite to be honest.

Any positive contribution he does have, seems to completely fade away towards the latter half of the second half of a game. I thought he often looked dead on his feet in the second half of games where he isn't substituted and noticeably fades worse than most players around him.

I would have thought that Anderson isn't much better than that either.

Messi and Neymar were.........

I honestly don't think they where certainly not Neymar, They had buckets of potential probably find better highlights etc, The mature way he plays is just ridicilous for his age

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

In over 100 appearances, Anderson has only completed 90 minutes 19 times. That's appalling.

Even worse considering his transfer fee was estimated to be around £27m.

I honestly don't think they where certainly not Neymar, They had buckets of potential probably find better highlights etc, The mature way he plays is just ridicilous for his age

In 2010, when Neymar was 17 (going on 18), he scored 42 goals in all competitions in 60 appearances. He also made his debut for Brazil. The next season, 18 going on 19, he scored 24 goals in 47 appearances, and scored 7 goals for Brazil in 13 matches.

Neymar was certainly 'there' at Januzaj's age.

That is not to say Januzaj has reached his peak. Far from it. But let's not say Januzay is better than Messi and Neymar at their similar points of ther career. That would be silly.

Not sure Moyes is really there to see Marchisio, but there wd be a certain irony to #MUFC paying €25m+ to buy man who Pogba replaced...

Guardian reporter Paolo Bandini on twitter regarding the rumours that we are linked with Marchisio. Why Fergie saw fit to pick Rafael and Park ahead of Pogba I'll never know. Marchisio would still be a good signing though. Let's keep up hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ah-stop-sign-2.jpg

Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

NiallMH93 wrote: »

His fee was around £19mill i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Estimated shmestimated

Still wrong.

His fee was around £19mill i thought.

The fee was undisclosed, but it was allegedly 30m euro initially, which was around 20.4m sterling. The remainder was based on performance (appearances, goals, international appearances, domestic success - premiership, fa cup, european success) I remember reading in the Irish Times a few years ago that his final cost was £25m+. Open to correction though.

EDIT: Estimated at £27m here http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/manchester-united/transferrekorde/verein_985.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I remember reading a few years ago Anderson won the European Golden Boy award. Look at the company he's in on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The fee was undisclosed, but it was allegedly 30m euro initially, which was around 20.4m sterling. The remainder was based on performance (appearances, goals, international appearances, domestic success - premiership, fa cup, european success) I remember reading in the Irish Times a few years ago that his final cost was £25m+.

Can't see Porto getting too much for him from the add on fees :pac:

In 2010, when Neymar was 17 (going on 18), he scored 42 goals in all competitions in 60 appearances. He also made his debut for Brazil. The next season, 18 going on 19, he scored 24 goals in 47 appearances, and scored 7 goals for Brazil in 13 matches.

Neymar was certainly 'there' at Januzaj's age.

That is not to say Januzaj has reached his peak. Far from it. But let's not say Januzay is better than Messi and Neymar at their similar points of ther career. That would be silly.

He was playing awful teams scoring 5 or 6 a game at times if i could pick an 18yr old Januzaj or Neymar i know who i'd take all day long, Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Ballon dor awards is serious cringe. Blatter is an absolute bell end.
    Messi in his red suit is some man though!

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    I remember reading a few years ago Anderson won the European Golden Boy award. Look at the company he's in on that list.

Slightly depressing seeing that Pogba won it in 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Wesc. wrote: »
    Just watched this, amazing watch. Great times! The young Ronaldo and Rooney were some combination

That video brings back some great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Devil08 wrote: »
    Ballon dor awards is serious cringe. Blatter is an absolute bell end.
    Messi in his red suit is some man though!

No EPL player on the FIFPRO11 for thes econd year running.
    Blatter is an utter embarassment. Did Messi wear that garb for a dare I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

How Ramos gets in it every year ill never know + xavi and iniesta this year? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fact that Januzaj isn't on the shortlist or didn't even get in the team of the year makes the thing a complete farce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hows vidal not on the top XI just out of interest? Xavi is in it. Righttttttt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Yeah ,the football played by Utd during that period was the best I have seen them play in a long long time,it was refreshing and open .
    The partnership was broken up due to injury and shortly afterwards Utd lost 6-1 at home to Man City and Ferguson abandoned the fluid football experiment and reverted to a much more defensive and negative style of play.

I'd like to have seen Utd play that open style of play for a few more months ,but the 6-1 defeat caused Fergie to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Ferguson rarely played Andersen in his best position ,something Ferguson was guilty of doing with alot of midfielders .

The fluid possession style changed a good while before the City game. The style disappeared as soon as the Clev-Ando partnership was broken up by injury.

Anderson was excellent during that period and has definitely shown massive potential. But what always held him back was a shocking lack of fitness.

If he goes to an Italian team and they put him on PEDs I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into an excellent player. Especially if he's playing in a balanced midfield.
    Fatty do people actually be serious it's known as a stupid joke. The chap is as fit as a fiddle and has a body most could only wish for. He looks unfit because he was rarely match fit and covered so much ground on the pitch everytime he played.

Didn't Anderson admit himself, in an intervie a while ago, that he had not been eating properly and that he needed to fix that? I think it was just after Moyes came to the club. That interview is the last piece of evidence needed to confirm that Ando's fitness issues are in large part down to how he looks after himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Pro. F wrote: »
    The fluid possession style changed a good while before the City game. The style disappeared as soon as the Clev-Ando partnership was broken up by injury.

Correct as I recall.

It's probably also worth noting that this was a period in which Cleverley looked godlike for probably a similar amount of minutes to what Januzaj has played this season. Just for some of the more deranged posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

keane2097 wrote: »
    Correct as I recall.

It's probably also worth noting that this was a period in which Cleverley looked godlike for probably a similar amount of minutes to what Januzaj has played this season. Just for some of the more deranged posters.

Yeah, Januzaj is really getting overhyped at the moment. He's playing very well and is one of the few shining lights at United this season, but its far too early to judge whether he is comparable to Ronaldo etc.

Also, on the Anderson thing, what is it with South American players and messing themselves around? I remember hearing about Ando not eating properly. Thats a fairly important part of being a footballer these days. How can someone do that when they're one of the few lucky people to make it to top level football? Same with the likes of Adriano, Maradonna, etc. It's as if they take their careers for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Sky saying there are a lot of reports Vidic has agreed a pre-contract agreement with Galatasary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sky saying there are a lot of reports Vidic has agreed a pre-contract agreement with Galatasary.
    As in leaving in the Summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sky Bet have suspended betting on Nemanja Vidic's future amid reports the #MUFC defender has agreed a pre-contract deal with Galatasaray

I know it's Sky Bet.....but the rumours have been gaining momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

damn I love the big serbian, please dont go

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Ya, only briefly saw that and the post on their transfer centre but presume that is what it means, would make no sense for him to leave now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement