Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Pro. F wrote: »
    Didn't Anderson admit himself, in an intervie a while ago, that he had not been eating properly and that he needed to fix that? I think it was just after Moyes came to the club. That interview is the last piece of evidence needed to confirm that Ando's fitness issues are in large part down to how he looks after himself.

This is what he said earlier in the season:

“I’m serious about doing well,” he concludes. “Maybe I joked too much in the past, tried to be the Brazilian player who was always joking, but I was young too. Now I am more serious, I’ve started to eat properly, to sleep properly. I have to look after myself if I’m going to be at my best for Manchester.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anderson-im-frustrated-well-united-5444177

Bit late after ~6 years to start eating properly etc., but injuries killed him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

CR7 wins the Ballon d'Or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sign him up Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'll be upset if Vidic goes. He's a machine, but if he wants out then fair enough. He's done more than his share for United over the years. I think United need to blood in a new constant CB for the remainder of the season to partner Vidic and not chop/change the back four at will for the sake of it.

The midfield needs strengthening even more now considering the rock at CB will be gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

We should probably scout that ronaldo fella, looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    This is what he said earlier in the season:

“I’m serious about doing well,” he concludes. “Maybe I joked too much in the past, tried to be the Brazilian player who was always joking, but I was young too. Now I am more serious, I’ve started to eat properly, to sleep properly. I have to look after myself if I’m going to be at my best for Manchester.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anderson-im-frustrated-well-united-5444177

Bit late after ~6 years to start eating properly etc., but injuries killed him really.

Thanks. I looked all over for that but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Vidic:(

Ronaldo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vidic can feck off. The slightest sign of trouble and he's (possibly) off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

J. Marston wrote: »

He's out of contract and, if the word on the street is to be believed, the club won't offer him more than a year. He's given 8 years of a short career to the club, pretty harsh reaction from yourself. That's if it's even true. The source for the story is the Daily Fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Imagine how embarassing it would be buying Ronaldo back after we sold him. No thanks. Rather stick with Valencia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

GSPfan wrote: »
    Imagine how embarassing it would be buying Ronaldo back for more than we sold him for. No thanks. Rather stick with Valencia.
    Why would that be embarrassing?:confused:

Why would that be embarrassing?:confused:

It would be literally the exact opposite.

Caught one, straight away! Hook line and sinker.

Imagine how embarassing it would be buying Ronaldo back after we sold him. No thanks. Rather stick with Valencia.

He's a better player now so it would make sense!

Edit: fell for your antics

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

What? He has, for me, been the best centre back I've ever seen play for UTD. Never moans and puts his head where other players wont put their foot. How quickly some forget.

Boom. Thats two.

Can't believe some fell for that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Be sorry to see Vidic go,he has been a great player for Utd,himself and Rio at their best were a brilliant partnership

Was reading a report there that Barca were supposed to be interested as well but his agent said no deal had been done yet with any club.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/agent-no-galatasaray-deal-manchester-6501424

Im only back from exam. What have people fell for?

Im lost:pac:

• Advertisement

Im only back from exam. What have people fell for?

Im lost:pac:

Fell for GSP pretending to be a WUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What? He has, for me, been the best centre back I've ever seen play for UTD. Never moans and puts his head where other players wont put their foot. How quickly some forget.

I'm not questioning his ability. He's been brilliant and still is, sometimes.

I'm just saying I won't be maudlin if he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

keane2097 wrote: »
    Correct as I recall.

It's probably also worth noting that this was a period in which Cleverley looked godlike for probably a similar amount of minutes to what Januzaj has played this season. Just for some of the more deranged posters.

People really overrate Cleverleys performances in that period of the season. He was nothing more than an average player playing well.

Adnan is on a different level and the class is clear to see, Messi was nowhere as good as 18 and certainly did not carry Barcelona the same way Adnan has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

beno619 wrote: »
    People really overrate Cleverleys performances in that period of the season. He was nothing more than an average player playing well.

Adnan is on a different level and the class is clear to see, Messi was nowhere as good as 18 and certainly did not carry Barcelona the same way Adnan has.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Now Imma let you finish, but the first paragraph is reasonable and the second part is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

bmcc10 wrote: »
    They weren't as good at 18!!
    Ah come on now, all three off these were well ahead off Adnan at that age, its these sort off comments that are frustrating and showing a real lack off knowledge in the football world. Honestly Gnabry for Arsenal looks just as promising as him and the comparison with Ronaldo make no sense, they arent a similar player at all, totally different build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Keno wrote: »
    I remember reading a few years ago Anderson won the European Golden Boy award. Look at the company he's in on that list.

Yep, I often have to pull that one out when arguing about how talented, or how much potential he actually had. I still get people trying to tell me he wasnt highly rated when he signed!

In great company there

Its a bit more than overated. Its lol worthy. There was some nice exchanges and one twos in the middle but some want to remember it like we were Barca in MF. We played City in a friendly, West Brom, Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton. Three poor teams as Arsenal were playing essentially a reserve team.

People refferring to it as a "period" of great UTD play are really going over the top with the nostalgia and embellishment. It was Five games, one of those was a friendly. Clev limped off early in the Bolton match too.

Suddenly Clev was godlike and akin to Adnan in that period. Your having a laugh. He scored a total of zero goals in that period and a total of zero that season. Anderson got one goal in that period and a total of 2 all season.

Adnan has 3 goals already this season, the most Clev has scored in one season in his entire UTD career is 4. As good as him? Just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

markc91 wrote: »
    How Ramos gets in it every year ill never know + xavi and iniesta this year? Really?

Media agus FIFA darlings sure

With Anderson gone does it give people more hope that we might buy in January?

I doubt Anderson reads boards.ie, but I appreciated his contribution to the team even if it was small for past 3 seasons.

He was excellent in 07/08 season and had some outstanding games following year too. Porto away in 09 stands out.

I wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

When you and I talked about this recently, you used a youtube video of highlights from the Charity Shield game against City to judge his performances during that period.
    Adnan is on a different level and the class is clear to see, Messi was nowhere as good as 18...

Well fúck me.

• Advertisement

Jesse Lingard just scored for U21 against Southampton. 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

It would appear Fergie's still chief talent scout :D

Whoa whoa whoa. Now Imma let you finish, but the first paragraph is reasonable and the second part is crazy.

Just in the imo, dont think Messi made the kind of impact Adnan has made.
    To put thinks in Perspective Bojan also started hotter than Messi so these things go either way.

Shame if the Vida rumors are true, Losing Rio, Evra and Vidic in one window would be a huge lose to the dressing room.

Is Anderson gone? Have a feeling he'll still be here come Summer if not. I can't see any new players other than maybe Coentrao in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

keane2097 wrote: »
    Correct as I recall.

It's probably also worth noting that this was a period in which Cleverley looked godlike for probably a similar amount of minutes to what Januzaj has played this season. Just for some of the more deranged posters.

Cleverley never looked 'godlike' in a red shirt. The comparison to Januzaj's form is ridiculous. Cleverley played well in a side that was in good form against some beat up sides. Januzaj is playing well in a side that is decimated with injuries and playing some real pathetic stuff this year. Cleverley played well in that period but so did Anderson. Let's not forget we played some pretty beat up teams in that period such as Spurs with Livermore and Kranjcar in midfield, Arsenal with a terrible trio of Ramsey (in poor form), Rosicky and Coquelin. Anderson and Cleverley, while in good form, never had a 'real' test and Cleverley got injured before Chelsea and we beat Chelsea without Cleverley anyway and played some good stuff.

Cleverley has been massively overrated at United. He's a very average player. He's a jack of all trades but a master of none; average at shooting, average passer, average pace, average tackling etc. He's played 60 plus games for Manchester United now and has failed to establish himself as a real contender for a midfield position.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Well fúck me.

Your probably right, " nowhere as good" probably wasn't the correct phrase, he certainly didnt make the same impact as Adnan at a similar age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Your probably right, " nowhere as good" probably wasn't the correct phrase, he certainly didnt make the same impact as Adnan at a similar age.

He did though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its a bit more than overated. Its lol worthy. There was some nice exchanges and one twos in the middle but some want to remember it like we were Barca in MF. We played City in a friendly, West Brom, Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton. Three poor teams as Arsenal were playing essentially a reserve team.

People refferring to it as a "period" of great UTD play are really going over the top with the nostalgia and embellishment. It was Five games, one of those was a friendly. Clev limped off early in the Bolton match too.

Yeah, some of the stuff on the last few pages is hilarious. I don't know what is wrong with people that they feel this need to remember a couple of games a few years ago as some sort of golden period? Newsflash, it wasn't!

And this idea that Cleverley and Anderson were some majestic midfield partnership during that time is a load of bollocks. They were so good that Fergie had to drop them as soon as he could get Carrick back because even when we were actually dominating teams they were still walking through the Cleverley/Anderson combo at will.

Is Anderson gone? Have a feeling he'll still be here come Summer if not. I can't see any new players other than maybe Coentrao in January.

Looks like he is off to Italy. Sky had it on earlier. Fiorentina on loan.

Buy option is 6.5million euro

• Advertisement

Adnan bares some striking similarities to Messi. Good balance, quick feet, slight and short but to reach Messi's level would take a lot of hard work and incredible luck.

Staying injury free, having a great team around you, one of the best MFs ever in Messi's case, a great tactical manager. All of which Messi has been lucky enough to have.

I think Adnan can get better but he could never have a goal and assist record in the EPL like Messi has in La Liga as the nature or the EPL doesn't allow it. La Liga is a two team league the majority of the time. Could he have a season like Ronaldos best for us? Heart says yes, head says no.

Johner wrote: »
    He did though.

I disagree, Didnt watch too much spanish football at the time but saw Messi in an U20/18 World Cup & Champions league games. All in my opinion though.

This is how the Worlds player of year used to receive the award. Times changed
    Bd4tdr8IYAAKx9g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Johner wrote: »
    He did though.

Ok, Januzaj is as good as Messi, we'll leave it there. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

With Anderson gone does it give people more hope that we might buy in January?

I doubt Anderson reads boards.ie, but I appreciated his contribution to the team even if it was small for past 3 seasons.

He was excellent in 07/08 season and had some outstanding games following year too. Porto away in 09 stands out.

I wish him well.

The fact is we haven't used him at all really - even with Carrick, Fellaini and Jones all injured, Anderson didn't get a look in. So, him leaving may not really impact on Moyes' thinking, at all.

While i think there is some small chance we will sign someone this window, I can see there being a better chance we recall Powell.

Adnan bares some striking similarities to Messi. Good balance, quick feet, slight and short but to reach Messi's level would take a lot of hard work and incredible luck.

And doping. It would also take doping.

• Advertisement

Surely we have to buy a CM this window if Ando is leaving is what I was thinking

But then it dawned on me that Moyes probably thinks Carrick, Fellaini, Fletch, Cleverley and backups Giggs and Rooney if needs be are enough to do us until the summer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dmc17 wrote: »
    It would appear Fergie's still chief talent scout :D

Why is he sitting in a laundry bin?

0004007179034_500X500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id say the barca team that messi broke into as an 18 year old was a couple of levels above this current Utd team. No disputing he looks like he will be a star and is a joy to watch but he is hardly carrying utd I think rooney would have something to say about that. He has completed 90 mins 5 times scoring 3 goals, one since that sunderland game and 4 assists. Granted he has been your best performer since the turn of the year but I think your going a bit OTT here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This is how the Worlds player of year used to receive the award. Times changed

tumblr_mbquc23CSu1qkjn8jo1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement