Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Uaru wrote: »
    Do you think he's been given a chance?

Adnan? Of course, he has played a good few games, probably more then anyone would have thought at the start of the season, but fair play to him he is taking the chance the manager has given him and is really making it hard for him to leave out.

Credit must go to both, Moyes for taking a chance on him in what is already a highly pressurised season for him and Jan for performing brilliantly in pre season and carrying his good form into the season and taking the chance he was given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm saying Martinez has done an excellent job building a squad. Moyes never did that. He had a good starting 11 but when the injuries inevitably mounted there was no squad depth whatsoever. There was also no young players blooded to step in apart from Rodwell who he happily sold.

The team Everton have out this season is almost 50/50 Moyes/Martinez but now there is a squad to back it up.
    Martinez isn't building a squad 7 in and 5 out in the summer.3 of the 7 are loanees McCarthy has been a good buy and the other 3 are a Keeper who is a direct replacement for Mucha and the other 2 have 7 EPL appearances between them.
    Rodwell was sold when an offer came in that couldn't be refused just like it will for Barkley .

I'm not the one attempting to credit Evertons good season to a manager who isn't there anymore. But carry on if it makes you feel better.

Nope, pretty sure even you dont know what you are doing, other then trying to discredit Moyes in whatever way you can. Not working too well yet, but if keep trying if you must.

(Talking about how Martinez is building a great squad, ignoring how his best signings have been loanees wont help)

Im not sure if you were watching football last year, you may have noticed Everton in a similar league position?

Ill give you a clue, this season Everton are 5th

You know where they were round a bout this time last season?

Ill let you think about it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

yabadabado wrote: »
    Martinez isn't building a squad 7 in and 5 out in the summer.3 of the 7 are loanees McCarthy has been a good buy and the other 3 are a Keeper who is a direct replacement for Mucha and the other 2 have 7 EPL appearances between them.
    Rodwell was sold when an offer came in that couldn't be refused just like it will for Barkley .

The 5 out were deadwood apart from Fellaini.

Offers have come in for Barkley who has signed an improved deal tonight. McCarthy, McGeady and Barry are most likely there for the long haul. Robles is young and is expected to be a replacement for Howard. Alcaraz has looked a good signing. If you look at Evertons squad now compared to last season there is simply no comparison. Moyes had to draft in Hitzelsperger in an attempt to patch up our midfield ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

If Anderson is off, then I gotta say even though I'm not all that saddened that he's no longer gonna be in our squad, he'll always have a little corner of my heart all to himself due to his penalty in Moscow.

Also, for those crediting Martinez as building a great squad and being more active in the market than Moyes, I'd bloody well hope that Moyes would never sign McGeady no matter how desperate he was.

We'll have a look where Everton are in May in a transitional period with a brand new manager.

I don't want to discredit Moyes at all. I think he is a good manager but it was going stale at Everton. There are very few Evertonians that would take him back. That's a pretty good indicator of what he's about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Barry are most likely there for the long haul.

Everton can't afford Barry's wages, City are stumping up most of his whilst he's on loan.

Everton are a selling club.

When someone comes in for Barkley, he is gone. It will happen, probably this summer, certainly next if he continues to play well

They have been. Utd used to be a title challenging club but things change.

• Advertisement

Everton can't afford Barry's wages, City are stumping up most of his whilst he's on loan.

Was gonna bring that up too, very unlikely he will be there next season, he continues his good form and someone will offer him a decent wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The 5 out were deadwood apart from Fellaini.

Offers have come in for Barkley who has signed an improved deal tonight. McCarthy, McGeady and Barry are most likely there for the long haul. Robles is young and is expected to be a replacement for Howard. Alcaraz has looked a good signing. If you look at Evertons squad now compared to last season there is simply no comparison. Moyes had to draft in Hitzelsperger in an attempt to patch up our midfield ffs.

I would expect Barkley will be sold in the next 2 years and Coleman could be the same,signing an improved deal wont make an difference.
    Alcaraz has looked good in his 3 appearances ?

Anyways back to United talk we sign anyone yet :D

Bit dumb to say the current champions "used to be a title challenging club" no?

You are a selling club, to deny that is even dumber! Has there been some investor come along a pumped a few quid into Everotn I am unaware of? You have lost your manager who made you a profit in the transfer window the last 5 years or so while keeping the team in the hunt for European spots

In the current set up there is no way you will ever be able to hold on to your better players, bigger teams with more financial muscle will always come and pick them off when they want them, Coleman and Barkley will be no different to Rooney, Lescott, Rodwell, Arteta etc

You might want to wait and see if United do or do not challenge for a title over the next couple of years to make outlandish statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

8YNoj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

kryogen wrote: »
    Nope, pretty sure even you dont know what you are doing, other then trying to discredit Moyes in whatever way you can. Not working too well yet, but if keep trying if you must.

It sounds like the United fans here are doing all the discrediting tbf.

Martinez has more points and is playing more attractive football than moyes ever did clearly built on foundations laid by his predecessor.

On the other hand United have regressed under moyes with even more solid foundations in place and certainly a better squad.

Rooney and Adnan are clearly exceptional talents. But the likes of Rodwell and Barkley never got a look in. Coleman who he bought and Roswell are the only young players that he's really brought through at Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Most people thought it was a possibility last summer but Ronaldo has confirmed he was think of it as an option;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9115241/premier-league-cristiano-ronaldo-considered-manchester-united-summer-return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Most people thought it was a possibility last summer but Ronaldo has confirmed he was think of it as an option;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9115241/premier-league-cristiano-ronaldo-considered-manchester-united-summer-return

Ronaldo played his man utd link very well last season, nice new contract at the end of last season making him the highest paid player in the world again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

beno619 wrote: »
    It sounds like the United fans here are doing all the discrediting tbf.

Martinez has more points and is playing more attractive football than moyes ever did clearly built on foundations laid by his predecessor.

On the other hand United have regressed under moyes with even more solid foundations in place and certainly a better squad.

Rooney and Adnan are clearly exceptional talents. But the likes of Rodwell and Barkley never got a look in. Coleman who he bought and Roswell are the only young players that he's really brought through at Everton.

Rodwell didn't get a look in but is one who he brought through according to you? Who cares if they're bought or 'brought through' too. Barkley would have played this season. Probably not the stupid minutes he has so far and been allowed to be the most wasteful player in the league but he would have played under Moyes.

Moyes bought Stones just 12 months ago too who is one of the best young CBs in the league and now people are using that as something Martinez has done better.

Not sure what your version of bringing a player through is tbh? Do they have to be at the club from when they're 15? Less?

It's honestly just like the DDG media smear all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

jamie jackson @GuardianJamieJ
    Cardiff City also interested in Ravel Morrison though Fulham remain favourites...

jamie jackson @GuardianJamieJ
    #mufc not interested in taking Morrison back...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Alcaraz has looked a good signing.

This was my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

looking increasingly unlikely that United are going to make any signings. Reckon it will be very similar to the summer - we will do a lot of talking and leaking to the press, and get nothing done.

This weekend could cause a panic though - if chelsea destroy us, as they could easily do, it could final show the people in charge that something has to be done now.

• Advertisement

looking increasingly unlikely that United are going to make any signings. Reckon it will be very similar to the summer - we will do a lot of talking and leaking to the press, and get nothing done.

This weekend could cause a panic though - if chelsea destroy us, as they could easily do, it could final show the people in charge that something has to be done now.

Is it something you would like to see happen in one way?

I am honestly still not convinced it would get things going if plans were not already in place, the club can still point to key absences as an excuse for poor results. I would think that the situation needs to be dealt with sooner rather then later though

As it is every club in the world knows we are stuck for a couple of players and can demand more money for any player we look at, that will only get worse as it has been allowed to continue for so many years under Fergie, the longer it goes the more desperate the club will be to get in the players and the higher the prices will be relative to ability.

I think players will come in this window, one definitely but I would think two, there is a strong possibility that Moyes does not consider Anderson, if he goes, worthy of a top signing replacement and will call back a loanee or promote within the club to take his place in the squad since he was not involved anyway, but left back is an area he identified in the summer and tried to do something about, failing.

He will be trying again to do something, hopefully with better success and I think he recognises the need for central midfielder and the benefits of getting one in this window but dont think he will just sign anyone, I think he would rather wait till the summer to do that unfortunately. Id rather go balls out and get whoever we need now. The summer market in a WC year is unpredictable too

Is it something you would like to see happen in one way?

I am honestly still not convinced it would get things going if plans were not already in place, the club can still point to key absences as an excuse for poor results. I would think that the situation needs to be dealt with sooner rather then later though

As it is every club in the world knows we are stuck for a couple of players and can demand more money for any player we look at, that will only get worse as it has been allowed to continue for so many years under Fergie, the longer it goes the more desperate the club will be to get in the players and the higher the prices will be relative to ability.

I think players will come in this window, one definitely but I would think two, there is a strong possibility that Moyes does not consider Anderson, if he goes, worthy of a top signing replacement and will call back a loanee or promote within the club to take his place in the squad since he was not involved anyway, but left back is an area he identified in the summer and tried to do something about, failing.

He will be trying again to do something, hopefully with better success and I think he recognises the need for central midfielder and the benefits of getting one in this window but dont think he will just sign anyone, I think he would rather wait till the summer to do that unfortunately. Id rather go balls out and get whoever we need now. The summer market in a WC year is unpredictable too

My gut feeling is that the club had no plans to buy anyone in January - if we did, we would have done something by now. I think the Spurs and Swansea games made someone hit the panic button - very telling that the transfer warchest stories hit EVERY paper in the direct aftermath of it, that wasn't a coincidence nor media invented fiction. However, I think Moyes is too slow to pull the trigger on transfers to make a transfer in January happen when it wasn't originally planned - and I still don't think Woodward has the working relationship with his counterparts at other clubs to make transfer dealings go smoothly.

I think a lot of stories are being fed at this point, to give an illusion of great plans.

Irwin saying our transfer plans will 'stagger and amaze', stories of us going for Pogba AND Vidal - I just don't buy it. In the last month United's value has dropped by £250million, I think the club are trying to create a positive aura to protect the value - rather than actually trying to sign someone.

Simple fact is - United have not bid for anyone. No central midfielders. No left backs. If we wanted to sign someone, we would have bid for someone.

Losing at home to Newcastle, Everton, WBA didn't show anything to the people in charge so I don't think losing to Chelsea really matters. We should have signed someone in the very first week of Jan.

I for one don't have any hope of signing any player in this window.

Liam O wrote: »
    Rodwell didn't get a look in but is one who he brought through according to you? Who cares if they're bought or 'brought through' too. Barkley would have played this season. Probably not the stupid minutes he has so far and been allowed to be the most wasteful player in the league but he would have played under Moyes.

Moyes bought Stones just 12 months ago too who is one of the best young CBs in the league and now people are using that as something Martinez has done better.

Not sure what your version of bringing a player through is tbh? Do they have to be at the club from when they're 15? Less?

It's honestly just like the DDG media smear all over again.

Roswell started well but had a few injury problems, his last 2 season at Everton were is worst.

I would say "bringing through" means becoming established in the side, you could probably add Anichebe to the list as well.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Losing at home to Newcastle, Everton, WBA didn't show anything to the people in charge so I don't think losing to Chelsea really matters. We should have signed someone in the very first week of Jan.

I for one don't have any hope of signing any player in this window.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

FFS lads. Take the Everton bickering to the Everton thread.

Roswell started well but had a few injury problems, his last 2 season at Everton were is worst.

I would say "bringing through" means becoming established in the side, you could probably add Anichebe to the list as well.

What about developing players? Baines, Jagielka, Howard, Coleman etc of the current squad, none of them came with big reps but have established themselves as key players in the team

Barkley had a triple leg break while he was being brought through, at such a young age, he obviously was gonna to drop back a bit in his development and the loans were a great way for him to play his way back. Look how long it took Fletcher to get back on track after his leg break, he was called Fergies love child for years!

Rodwell was over hyped to **** out of it by the media and the club got well paid for him, you have to credit the people who brought him through and got some good performances out of him, convincing people he could be a super player!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i suppose we should forget the 4 last years of martinez in the PL? 4 years he had wigan in a relegation fight. sure he got them to survive (just barely) 3 of them but it took him til april each year to get his players motivated to actually win games which is bad management in my view. he has had a good start to his everton career but i would give it time to actually see if he can continue it when he has to start signing players (and not just on loan) and has to like moyes did and deal with having to sell his best players every summer and reinvest and keep everton in a good position.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    FFS lads. Take the Everton bickering to the Everton thread.

Why? Not like we have any United business to discuss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So to compound our misery with our lack of business so far, CR7 said this

World player of the year Cristiano Ronaldo admitted he considered returning to Manchester United in the summer.

"It was true that Rio Ferdinand spoke to me a lot to try and make me come back to United," he said afterwards.

"Rio is a great friend of mine, we played many years together at Manchester United and we were neighbours when I was there.

"He's a fantastic guy and tried to change my mind to go back to Manchester.

"I did think about United, they are still in my heart. It's a club where I played for six years, I love the club.

"I have a lot friends there and I wish them the best."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9115241/ballon-dor-winner-cristiano-ronaldo-considered-manchester-united-summer-return

• Advertisement

basically sounds to me he still loves united but doesnt want to play but he always was staying at madrid

What about developing players? Baines, Jagielka, Howard, Coleman etc of the current squad, none of them came with big reps but have established themselves as key players in the team

Barkley had a triple leg break while he was being brought through, at such a young age, he obviously was gonna to drop back a bit in his development and the loans were a great way for him to play his way back. Look how long it took Fletcher to get back on track after his leg break, he was called Fergies love child for years!

Rodwell was over hyped to **** out of it by the media and the club got well paid for him, you have to credit the people who brought him through and got some good performances out of him, convincing people he could be a super player!

Whole backline were Moyes signings and they are one of the best defensive unit.

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines.

Team's first choice attacking players are his signings. Mirallas and Peinaar. That's 7 out of the first 11 and Ross Barkley which makes it 8.

Combined cost of all the players must be around 20-25 Million IIRC and that's a fantastic business. Not sure why few Everton fans tries to take away credit from Moyes. He didn't do any good by going for Fellaini and Baines but that shouldn't mean they just start rewriting the history.

About time when Martinez makes defensive signings we will see how Everton cope with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

All Ronnie was doing was paying lip service to United and Rio - he had no intention of returning and in the process managed to get himself a big fat new contract.

magnumbud wrote: »
    basically sounds to me he still loves united but doesnt want to play but he always was staying at madrid

I agree, even if Fergie stayed on I think Ronaldo would have still stayed at Madrid.

Moyes rubbishes RVP out for six weeks story
    I don't know where that has come from. Its the wrong information.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/273125.html

A couple of outlets are still running the Juve thing
    Manchester United are said to be planning to raid reigning Serie A champion Juventus for two of their midfield stars -- Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/15371?cc=5739
    Manchester United have had encouragement in their hopes of bringing Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3974483.ece

I think Juve would want to see Nani go the other way in the deal

Rio just popped this onto Facebook.
    Cristiano Ronaldo - what can I say… incredible achievement, proud of you bro. Cristiano is living proof that no matter how much talent you have as a youngster, you have to work hard in order to be successful.

My first memory of Cristiano was in a pre-season friendly against Sporting Lisbon. After the game, the lads were raving about him, trying to convince Sir Alex and Carlos Queiroz to sign him up. Never had I seen a more mesmerising performance from a youngster than I did that day, he amazed us all. A few days later, he was a United player.

When I first met Ronnie at Carrington, he came across as a really determined lad - a rough diamond who was prepared to work as hard as he could in order to fulfill his potential. Thousands of hours of graft both in the gym and on the training ground turned him into the perfect specimen.

I’m still truly astonished by the drive and determination to stay at the top, by not only Ronaldo, but Messi too. It’s been a joy to witness these two push each other week in week out. The question I ask however is: would they be as relentless in scoring so many goals without each other, breaking every record along the way?

We are blessed to be in an era where both Ronaldo and Messi have lit up the game in a way that has never been seen before.

Viva Ronaldo.

P.S – I tried and failed to twist his ear.

Baines and Jagielka had both performed very well in the premier league before their moves to Everton.Im not trying to diminish what Moyes did at Everton because he was a fantastic manger for them.

Im just addressing the fact that in Martinez's first 6 months at Everton they have gone to a another level while United have regressed under Moyes.
    There are numerous reasons for this,but to say Martinez's success is all thanks to Moyes, while ignoring the fact that Fergie left Moyes a squad capable of challenging with a few additions.

Matinez has improved Everton loan players or not, something Moyes has failed to do at United.

i suppose we should forget the 4 last years of martinez in the PL? 4 years he had wigan in a relegation fight. sure he got them to survive (just barely) 3 of them but it took him til april each year to get his players motivated to actually win games which is bad management in my view. he has had a good start to his everton career but i would give it time to actually see if he can continue it when he has to start signing players (and not just on loan) and has to like moyes did and deal with having to sell his best players every summer and reinvest and keep everton in a good position.

Martinez worked with an even smaller budget and delivered the club a trophy. Im not forgetting the last 4 years, but what does that have to do with how both managers have performed in their new jobs ? Martinez has Moyes has not.

Moyes rubbishes RVP out for six weeks story

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/273125.html

A couple of outlets are still running the Juve thing

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/15371?cc=5739

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3974483.ece

I think Juve would want to see Nani go the other way in the deal

it would be depressing if we resigned pogba. not because he would not improve us cause he is a fantastic player but it would cost us so much more than if we had just sorted it out with him 2 years ago

it would be depressing if we resigned pogba. not because he would not improve us cause he is a fantastic player but it would cost us so much more than if we had just sorted it out with him 2 years ago

Really who cares? We have signed so many sponsorship deals and we should every penny to improve the team even that meant overpaying for the mistake we did year or 2 back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I think I could suck it up if we did manage to resign him.

I would be in dream land if we signed Pogba and Vidal. Would instantly sort out our midfield.

It isn't going to happen though.

Pogba will sign for PSG. We might be able to get Vidal - but I can see another euro super power beating us there too - he is too good a player to not have everyone after him, and I don't trust United to get a deal done in a fight. Fellaini was served up on a plate and we did our very best to screw that one up.

Baines and Jagielka had both performed very well in the premier league before their moves to Everton.

Im not trying to diminish what Moyes did at Everton because he was a fantastic manger for them. Im just addressing the fact that in Martinez's first 6 months Everton have gone to a another level while United have regressed under Moyes.
    There are numerous reasons for this, but to say its all thanks to Moyes, while ignoring the fact that Fergie left Moyes a squad capable of challenging with a few additions.
    Matinez has improved Everton loan players or not, something Moyes has failed to do at United.

Martinez worked with an even smaller budget and delivered the club a trophy. Im not forgetting the last 4 years, but what does that have to do with how both managers have performed in their new jobs ? Martinez has Moyes has not.
    are everton gone to another level? they may be playing slightly better football sure but they have been in their current position before and have finished better under moyes.

sure you can say he had a smaller budget but he had the players to get them safe in may but why couldnt they have been playing that way the entire season? then they actually may have finished comfortably. why was it the fear of relegation that motivated them to win but not the manager able to motivate them in the month previous? people are going on because of this first 4 months of the season that martinez must be a better manager than moyes all im saying is that track records of both should not be forgotten in saying one is better than the other and that 4 months does not mean much in the big picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

There's a United fan in work who goes mental if I mention how good he is and that we should have kept him, if we sign him again my face will be like.....

132996995215266341pETAsuBTc.jpg

I think I could suck it up if we did manage to resign him.
    I would be in dream land if we signed Pogba and Vidal. Would instantly sort out our midfield.

Pogba will sign for PSG. We might be able to get Vidal - but I can see another euro super power beating us there too - he is too good a player to not have everyone after him, and I don't trust United to get a deal done in a fight. Fellaini was served up on a plate and we did our very best to screw that one up.
    Really who cares? We have signed so many sponsorship deals and we should every penny to improve the team even that meant overpaying for the mistake we did year or 2 back.

i think ye are misunderstanding i dont mean i wouldnt be happy to have him but it would make the failure to keep hold of him in the first place worse. losing him on a free to only resign him 2 years later for 30-40 million would have me more thinking why in gods name couldnt they sort this out and got him to sign up and that money could have gone into signing someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

It shows how bad the midfield is when your fans are drooling over the prospect of signing an ex youth player who left for nothing, pogba is unproven in the premier league, he's playing well in an average Italian league, I don't think he's the answer to our midfield woes.

• Advertisement

i think ye are misunderstanding i dont mean i wouldnt be happy to have him but it would make the failure to keep hold of him in the first place worse. losing him on a free to only resign him 2 years later for 30-40 million would have me more thinking why in gods name couldnt they sort this out and got him to sign up and that money could have gone into signing someone else

Chelsea are looking to do the exact same thing with Matic. If we can get Pogba back, sign him the f*ck up now! Incredible talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

In the Times, it claims Pogba wants to play in the Premier League and the team he wants to play with is United.
    But they say a deal for Pogba will not happen this month, that it would be a summer transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Don't understand this.
    Re-signing him would be fantastic from a footballing perspective.
    Unless your a fan because of our ability to balance the books then why does it bother people what we pay? Not your money...

Its not money from my pocket so I get your point, buy him and be done with it but still its a bit silly that we would have to negotiate and buy him back for millions when all Fergie had to do was give him some first team action. The signing would be good but the loss of money and time Pogba could have spent in our first team already is not something to be happy about.

It shows how bad the midfield is when your fans are drooling over the prospect of signing an ex youth player who left for nothing, pogba is unproven in the premier league, he's playing well in an average Italian league, I don't think he's the answer to our midfield woes.

thats insanely harsh it was clear to see day one that we had something special with that boy much like we do with januzaj now. with him in our team now we would be far better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement