Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm not in the wind up, it's my opinion and I stand by it.:)

have you watched Pogba/Juve play the past 18 months ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If a year he'd probably walk into the first 11 but not now

This is brilliant! Paul Pogba would not walk into a midfield that has Tom Cleverley playing 16 games out of 21!

Or is it the 40 year old winger that would keep him out of the side? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

This is brilliant! Paul Pogba would not walk into a midfield that has Tom Cleverley playing 16 games out of 21!

Or is it the 40 year old winger that would keep him out of the side? :pac:

No.

Its Rafael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    In a recent interview he said Racism is everywhere and gave Terry and Suarez example talking about England. He is settled nicely there.

Not to the same extent.

If he is settled then fine but English and Italian football are decades apart on racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Echoing the Matic thing. I pretty much heard the same, we were in for him but he snubbed us for Chelsea. Ah well, his loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

"Pogba is one of those players who leaves you speechless," Buffon told TV show Tiki Taka.

"When he came we didn't know him but after only three or four training sessions we were impressed by his enormous qualities.

"My team-mates and me looked at each other as to say 'Are they blind in Manchester?'

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

'Are they blind in Manchester?'

Nope, just Fergie.

Fúcking Rafael and Park...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kryogen wrote: »
    The injury, then the loan, finished him alright

Pogatez (sp)

Also Lols at Pogba not being proven in the prem league but Vidal is somehow ready to come in instantly.

Don't get me wrong Vidal at the moment is ahead of Pogba but it has nothing to do with PL experience.

I'd like one or both signed. Don't care about how much it would cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Juve have their price, they aren't in a position to turn down big money. It's just a matter or United bidding and seeing what happens.

I find it hard to believe they'd reject a 35m + Nani bid for Vidal, and he's worth every penny and more to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Its gonna take huge money to get vidal or pogba....
    Cant see either happening. Not now anyway.

Dont think any transfers will be made till summer. Juve would be mental to sell now. But they wont. Its a non runner lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Even if Juve accept an offer, realistically why would Vidal or Pogba want to leave Juve, who are running away with Serie A while playing some fantastic football, to join a team under serious pressure and scrapping for 4th, all in a WC year?

And come the summer, if United don't make 4th, why would they give up another crack at CL football to help rebuild United?

United have almost never in my memory cherry-picked top players from top clubs, and I can't see that starting now. Much more likely to get cast-offs (Contreau), or big players at smaller clubs (Herrera, Banega). And in honesty, that's probably the wiser approach, given the number of positions that need to be filled in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just hot air, as if utd could get Pogba or Vidal. I believe we dont have the money either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pogatez (sp)

Also Lols at Pogba not being proven in the prem league but Vidal is somehow ready to come in instantly.

Don't get me wrong Vidal at the moment is ahead of Pogba but it has nothing to do with PL experience.

I'd like one or both signed. Don't care about how much it would cost.

It has everything to do with premier league experience at this time of the season or have you forgotten about Veron, the Italian league is nowhere near the pace and intensity of the premier league, maybe Vidal wouldn't cut it either, I hope I'm proven wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »
    Just hot air, as if utd could get Pogba or Vidal. I believe we dont have the money either.

I think the money is there, we will find out a lot about the Glazers and their ambitions this summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »

I am certain you are wrong.

The money is there should we want to spend it.

The attitude of the club and those in charge of transfers needs to change though.

beno619 wrote: »
    I think the money is there, we will find out a lot about the Glazers and their ambitions this summer though.

We found out plenty when the hired Moyes, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

More than likely we'll say we're in for Pogba, then he'll sign a new contract and then we'll offer something like 5m for Vidal. :rolleyes: There is no chance either of those two will want to join United. Not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I am certain you are wrong.

The money is there should we want to spend it.

The attitude of the club and those in charge of transfers needs to change though.

We will see. I dont have great hopes since this team needed CM's for season after season and nothing ever happened. Also that Fabregas bid which was extremely low for a player of his WC type. Utd may wanted to play hard ball but if you believe the other offers we made, it was still peanuts for Fabregas. We are the 2nd richest club in the world but never really stretch our wallet. We should be the one doing the bullying not other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It has everything to do with premier league experience at this time of the season or have you forgotten about Veron, the Italian league is nowhere near the pace and intensity of the premier league, maybe Vidal wouldn't cut it either, I hope I'm proven wrong

Poor example, Veron would tear up the league if he had been bought in these days.

More than likely we'll say we're in for Pogba, then he'll sign a new contract and then we'll offer something like 5m for Vidal. :rolleyes: There is no chance either of those two will want to join United. Not a hope.
    We could easily double Vidal's wages, triple them without too much of an issue if we wanted - he is only on 50k at the moment. 50k is also what Juve are offering Pogba to sign a new contract - offer him double.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could sign either/both - but the club we have to show actual ambition and real action to do it.

At the moment all we get is 'ooohhhh look at us' leaks from the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

We could easily double Vidal's wages, triple them without too much of an issue if we wanted - he is only on 50k at the moment. 50k is also what Juve are offering Pogba to sign a new contract - offer him double.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could sign either/both - but the club we have to show actual ambition and real action to do it.

Mitch unfortunately its not as simple as doubling their wages.. do they want to leave Juve...

Pogba moaned about the manchester weather, british food etc etc...there's 100% no chance he will ever come to United...i think Kryogen said he'd run naked Waterford to Cork if a certain player was signed yesterday....i'd go out on a similar limb on this..

brinty wrote: »
    Mitch unfortunately its not as simple as doubling their wages.. do they want to leave Juve...

Pogba moaned about the manchester weather, british food etc etc...there's 100% no chance he will ever come to United...i think Kryogen said he'd run naked Waterford to Cork if a certain player was signed yesterday....i'd go out on a similar limb on this..

We don't know that they don't want to come until we present them with the opportunity.

They may not come, they probably won't come (would be especially surprised if we signed Pogba as I reckon he is nailed on for PSG). But, the fact is the only way we have no chance of signing either is if we don't bid for them (or bid like we did for Fabregas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Unfortunately, This saga is really showing the difference between Chelsea and united at the minute. Chelsea see an ex player play very well, and in spite of having let him go a few years back, put in a bid of ~£22m and get the job done. United still (maybe) thinking about it. I hope this window doesn't turn out like the summer one and we rush in to a panic buy at the end.

brinty wrote: »

Exactly, there is much more to a transfer than simply throwing money at it. All of these so called quickly done deals people point on here usually involve a player wanting to go to club x.

I think we will possibly get Coentrao in this month but not much else. Players who are getting regular starting XI places in teams doing well are not going to want to jump ship mid season, they are in a fight and want to see it through.

The summer is the best time to buy, if your expecting mass signings in January you are going to be let down.

Two naked lads running from Waterford to Cork. Are you lads looking for sponsors!

Unfortunately, This saga is really showing the difference between Chelsea and united at the minute. Chelsea see an ex player play very well, and in spite of having let him go a few years back, put in a bid of ~£22m and get the job done. United still (maybe) thinking about it. I hope this window doesn't turn out like the summer one and we rush in to a panic buy at the end.

You can already write this window off imo - if we were going to do something, it would be done by now.

I think the coming summer window is going to be a disaster too - world cup year is never an easy one for transfers, and Woodward/Moyes show no signs of learning from their mistakes.

Any arguement saying players wont move to Manchester is completely and utterly shot down by the fact Man City have no problem attracting players. Wonder why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

There's a few things involved. With Pogba there's the way he was treated when he was here before. With both its the fact that we might not have CL football next year. Plus we're unlikely to be the only side in for Vidal if our bid is accepted - and our competitor will probably be able to offer CL football.

All in all. A lack of CL football next season would be a real killer in terms of targets, money and our future.

Also it won't matter who we bring in in midfield if our tactics remain 'get the ball out the wing to Valencia'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Even if Juve accept an offer, realistically why would Vidal or Pogba want to leave Juve, who are running away with Serie A while playing some fantastic football, to join a team under serious pressure and scrapping for 4th, all in a WC year?

And come the summer, if United don't make 4th, why would they give up another crack at CL football to help rebuild United?

United have almost never in my memory cherry-picked top players from top clubs, and I can't see that starting now. Much more likely to get cast-offs (Contreau), or big players at smaller clubs (Herrera, Banega). And in honesty, that's probably the wiser approach, given the number of positions that need to be filled in the squad.

Player A is identified as a target,fans in uproar "HE'S NOT UNITED QUALITY!!!"

Player B is identified as a target,fans in uproar "HE'S TOO EXPENSIVE"

Player C is identified as an alternative,fans in uproar "HE'S NOT GOING TO JOIN US"

Conclusion,fans are never satisfied,clubs' take on it: "No value in the market,warchest will continue gathering dust".

• Advertisement

So when the rags make up stories and write about UTD its 'ooohhhh look at us' leaks from the club?

UTD are the medias favorite go to club every transfer window for speculation because it will sell due to our popularity.

Now Mitch is branding these stories as leaks from the club to keep than fans happy when in reality "we don't intend to spend a penny, haha the poor fools"

I think the coming summer window is going to be a disaster too - world cup year is never an easy one for transfers, and Woodward/Moyes show no signs of learning from their mistakes.

I too must buy myself a crystal ball.

zerks wrote: »
    Player A is identified as a target,fans in uproar "HE'S NOT UNITED QUALITY!!!"

Player B is identified as a target,fans in uproar "HE'S TOO EXPENSIVE"

Player C is identified as an alternative,fans in uproar "HE'S NOT GOING TO JOIN US"

Conclusion,fans are never satisfied,clubs' take on it: "No value in the market,warchest will continue gathering dust".
    so the club conduct their business based on fan reaction?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I think Daniel Harris in todays guardian may have summed up the Vidal situation perfectly, especially the last bit......

"David Moyes has visited Turin. There, he informed Juventus that he'd be buying Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal thanks very much, if it was all the same to them. It was not. Even the presence of Jimmy Lumsden failed to convince; neither is for sale, though agreement was reached for Vidal to string United along through the summer to the benefit of all parties."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

GSPfan wrote: »
    Any arguement saying players wont move to Manchester is completely and utterly shot down by the fact Man City have no problem attracting players. Wonder why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well, if your level of signings are playing in lesser leagues (Elano, Kompany), decent players at mid-table clubs (Lescott, Milner, Barry), or unwanted by big clubs (Robinho, Yaya), you're in business.

City have actually made very few marquee signings. For all of Man City's riches, they haven't forced a superpower into selling a player they didn't want to, as United would have to do for Pogba or Vidal. The closest comparison you could make would be Aguero, but Atletico aren't near in the same financial security as Juventus -- and even then, Man City was seen as the only way to keep him out of Madrid's clutches.

Another key difference, of course, is that Man City were always on an upward trajectory: there was no doubt to any perspective player that the club would continue spending in such a vein until they were champions. With United, the future is not quite so clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

If a gun was put to my head for a prediction I'd say we'll sign a left back and a midfielder of potential rather than a ready made star and recall Powell.

Fletcher's impressive return rightly or wrongly has thrown the cat amongst them in terms of our potential midfield plans.

Remember we also have Fellaini to come back and settle in so I could very easily see any major midfield business left til the summer.
    In the summer I reckon Kagawa will be used as a bargaining chip for a midfield arrival, though that depends on Rooneys situation.

A winger this window wouldn't be a bad call given our style of attack this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Interesting article about the struggling Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are also owned by the Glazers, and some of their questionable appointments. Suggestions are that they don't understand American football and make poor appointments as a result, and that they have opted for cheaper managers/coaches. Could the same be said for our situation?
    Can we fire the owners, too? After five years of paddling around the shallow end of the NFL pool and pretty much drowning, general manager Mark Dominik had to go. That was a no-brainer. After two years of mediocrity and controversy, coach Greg Schiano had to go. In the end, that, too, was an easy call. But there's no reason to think Monday's firings are the darkness before dawn.

For all we know, this darkness is the approach of more stormy weather.

That's because it's impossible to trust an ownership group that doesn't know football and apparently doesn't know anyone who knows football.

If you really want to get to the heart of why the Bucs have turned into a swamp of little hope, start with the Glazers.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/blame-for-bucs-mess-starts-with-glazers/2159038

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Love the idealism of some fans.

Just treble his wages - then he'll sign.

So we'll just skip the part of agreeing a fee with Juve? We won't bother to check if either player actually want to leave? If so, do they want to go to United?

Nah, not important. We will treble your wages. Next target.

Matic is not a relative example. Matic was sold to Benfica, who then went on to become their best player. Chelsea is a much bigger club than Benfica. matic has the chance to move to a bigger club and potentially challenge for bigger / more relaistic honours.

Pogba? He plays for Juve, is leading Serie A, is a key player for them. Juve are in a better position than United at the moment. It's not as simple as 'put a fu*king bid in for him and offer him more money!". I wish it was, but it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Its gonna take huge money to get vidal or pogba....
    Cant see either happening. Not now anyway.

Dont think any transfers will be made till summer. Juve would be mental to sell now. But they wont. Its a non runner lads.

Wouldn't say it's a non runner, both players are more or less guaranteed (Pogba to a lesser extent) places in the national squad. Barring injury they will be at the World Cup.

The fact that Juve are out of the CL might be a help too. There's no European football they'll miss out on bar the Europa.

Running away with the Italian league too, so if they were to get an offer a few million above the "summer asking price" they could sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Well they know Alex Ferguson and he knows football so I don't think the same can be said at Man Utd. He still is and will continue to be influential counsel on footall related issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Do you honestly think that using one example, from over 10 years ago, is good backup to support your point?

Again, on this "premier league experience" point. It is a bonus. Nothing more, nothing less. It is not a critical criteria. No player has Premier League experience unless they are given a chance. Should Liverpool have said "Sorry Luis, you've no Premier League experience, and its 'this' time of the season". Read that and grasp how completely and utterly ridiculous it is, as he is today among one of the best players in the world. Did Torres' Premier League experience help him do well at Chelsea?

Honestly, take five mins to think of the list of absolutely top class players to play in the Premier League over the last 6 seasons who didn't have Premier League experience at the time of purchase, be it January or in the Summer.

Understand that a world class, or potentially world class, player with zero Premier League experience at your club, is better than not having that world class player at your club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Matic confirming to A Bola that he is re-signing for Chelsea. Feck sake.

Quality player who would greatly improve us, in a position of need, going to a rival for a little over 20million.

Said he should be a top target this window. Said he was available. Said he would leave Benfica. Maybe he would have signed for Chelsea anyway, but another player United who United could really do with, and whom we have done nothing to sign. Matic is going to be a top midfielder in the PL, no doubt about that imo. Gutted.

Did you not read what he said?
    "I played here for two and a half years. I gave my best in every training session, every match, and now is the right time to leave.

"I want to improve, I want to go to a better league and I want to go to Chelsea, the club which I also love."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Well, if your level of signings are playing in lesser leagues (Elano, Kompany), decent players at mid-table clubs (Lescott, Milner, Barry), or unwanted by big clubs (Robinho, Yaya), you're in business.

City have actually made very few marquee signings. For all of Man City's riches, they haven't forced a superpower into selling a player they didn't want to, as United would have to do for Pogba or Vidal. The closest comparison you could make would be Aguero, but Atletico aren't near in the same financial security as Juventus -- and even then, Man City was seen as the only way to keep him out of Madrid's clutches.

Another key difference, of course, is that Man City were always on an upward trajectory: there was no doubt to any perspective player that the club would continue spending in such a vein until they were champions. With United, the future is not quite so clear.

Are Juventus financially secure? Everything I've read suggests that they have some massive project on the go with regards to training facilities and headquarters for the club that has left the transfer and wages kitty bare. They're also in debt to the tune of 150m or so, which is substantial given the revenue at Italian clubs these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

We found out plenty when the hired Moyes, imo.

Honestly, leave it out, it's a bit repetitive and dull and it's been going on for fu*cking months now, any opportunity you get you hit out and throw a jibe at Moyes and the transfer window, we all saw what happened we don't need to be told every other page by you.

Anyway I'll bite, found out what ? that they as business people took the advice over the most successful footballing manager in the clubs history, A man who knows what it takes to be United manager above anyone else. I mean I could see the headlines now "Glazers snub Fergies recommendation and hire xxxx"

They have money, this was evident by the public pursuit of Fabregas and the not so public pursuit of Bale, I'm willing to give them another transfer window, mistakes were made, you learn from them, Woodward is a successful business man he just needs to morph that into his negotiations when purchasing players. They have had one window, it's not been pretty but I'm willing to be it will get better.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Moyes simply doesn't want to buy anyone this window, or wait for it...........no-one actually wants to join mid season in a world cup year.

master-t wrote: »

So we'll just skip the part of agreeing a fee with Juve? We won't bother to check if either player actually want to leave? If so, do they want to go to United?

Matic is not a relative example. Matic was sold to Benfica, who then went on to become their best player. Chelsea is a much bigger club than Benfica. matic has the chance to move to a bigger club and potentially challenge for bigger / more relaistic honours.

Pogba? He plays for Juve, is leading Serie A, is a key player for them. Juve are in a better position than United at the moment. It's not as simple as 'put a fu*king bid in for him and offer him more money!". I wish it was, but it's not.

I'll assume this is aimed at me.

I'm not saying simply trebling his wages will have him a United player. I'm saying trebling his wages could convince him to become one.

Of course I know we would have to get a bid accepted - that is obvious. But the point at which a player officially rejects you (the only time it actually matters what they say) is after the bid has been accepted, so the discussion of whether Vidal, for example, would want to come is predicated on the idea an bid has been accepted.

I know and have openly said United need to change their attitude with regards to bidding for players.

Simple fact is, if United want to compete for the PL or CL, then we have to start competing for quality players. That means paying the cash to get them, and offering the wages to intice them.

Lord knows the current United approach of either don't bid or bid way below value isn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

We don't know that they don't want to come until we present them with the opportunity.

They may not come, they probably won't come (would be especially surprised if we signed Pogba as I reckon he is nailed on for PSG). But, the fact is the only way we have no chance of signing either is if we don't bid for them (or bid like we did for Fabregas).

Do you think that Manchester United disclose everything publicly?
    You were one of the 1st people in here moaning when you heard that a former Chelsea player was now the target of Chelsea and that we were not in for him.....Shocking when it transpires that we actually inquired but he was Chelsea bound.

You have no clue about the on-goings behind United doors and nor do I, you have no idea if we have talked to Pogba about a potential return only to be laughed at, why then go public if there is no hope, if we went public and it turned out like fabregas you would be one of the 1st people on here moaning about unrealistic targets, honestly I'd say Moyes would need the sun "LITERALLY" to shine out of his arse for you to be pleases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Lord knows the current United approach of either don't bid or bid way below value isn't working.

Or bid more than the release clause....:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Well they know Alex Ferguson and he knows football so I don't think the same can be said at Man Utd. He still is and will continue to be influential counsel on footall related issues.

Would he have the best interests of the club at heart? I don't think so. He is an egomaniac and his legacy comes first. The more United struggle the better he looks.

master-t wrote: »

Funny how matic isn't a good example because he was gettable, but a week ago moving for him in january was not realistic.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88357171&postcount=9872

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What we found out when he hired Moyes is that The Glazers listened to Fergie. To suggest anything else is reaching.

We'd find out about the Glazer's ambition should Moyes fail and get sacked. They'd likely be more involved in the next manager hiring hiring process.

They'll stand no CL football this year, but not two years running. Too much revenue lost.

Honestly, leave it out, it's a bit repetitive and dull and it's been going on for fu*cking months now, any opportunity you get you hit out and throw a jibe at Moyes and the transfer window, we all saw what happened we don't need to be told every other page by you.

Anyway I'll bite, found out what ? that they as business people took the advice over the most successful footballing manager in the clubs history, A man who knows what it takes to be United manager above anyone else. I mean I could see the headlines now "Glazers snub Fergies recommendation and hire xxxx"

They have money, this was evident by the public pursuit of Fabregas and the not so public pursuit of Bale, I'm willing to give them another transfer window, mistakes were made, you learn from them, Woodward is a successful business man he just needs to morph that into his negotiations when purchasing players. They have had one window, it's not been pretty but I'm willing to be it will get better.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Moyes simply doesn't want to buy anyone this window, or wait for it...........no-one actually wants to join mid season in a world cup year.
    Funny how you start the post by telling me to shut up about it, then try to draw me into a debate on it.

No point discussing the topic with you, because as soon as I do you will just moan that I am repeating the same crap and retreat to your moral highground with some thanks to your posts.

Do you think that Manchester United disclose everything publicly?
    You were one of the 1st people in here moaning when you heard that a former Chelsea player was now the target of Chelsea and that we were not in for him.....Shocking when it transpires that we actually inquired but he was Chelsea bound.

You have no clue about the on-goings of the transfer market, you have no idea if we have talked to Pogba about a potential return only to be laughed at, why then go public if there is no hope, if we went public and it turned out like fabregas you would be one of the 1st people on here moaning about unrealistic targets, honestly I'd say Moyes would need the sun "LITERALLY" to shine out of his arse for you to be pleases
    Proof that we enquired please?

The feck are you talking about Pogba for? I haven't said we have screwed that one up. I have been saying that people saying there is 'no hope' there is wrong, until we have bids or contract offers rejected. I do think he will end up at PSG (or Madrid the way Zidane has been commenting on him) but I have't given out about that transfer pursuit as I don't feel United have done anything wrong as of yet.

No, all moyes has to do is prove he can get united playing good football, and can sign players to have us competing for the title, not 4th spot. Not unreasonable demands of the manager of Manchester United I would have thought.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement