Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How crazy is it going to get if we haven't signed anybody before the 31st, boards will probably be down for weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

How crazy is it going to get if we haven't signed anybody before the 31st, boards will probably be down for weeks

IMO if we dont get anyone by next week wont get anyone at all.

At this stage I think its about 30% we will buy first team player.

Was bit more confident at start of month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

While everybody else is in awe of how well City played, I'm just glad there's a team out there having a worse week than us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have a better chance of fighting a bear falling down the stairs and doing the Peoples Elbow at the end of the stairs on the bear than utd signing anyone noticeable in this window

Headshot wrote: »
    I have a better chance of fighting a bear falling down the stairs and doing the Peoples Elbow at the end of the stairs on the bear than utd signing anyone noticeable in this window

Are you a Millionaire??

• Advertisement

Are you a Millionaire??

Betting against utd has me close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Pogba on under a million euro a year, uniteds offer must of been ****e if hes on that at juve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Baines will be Moyes main target in the window

Next on the list after that is Phil Jagielka, followed by Pienaar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

To be honest if Moyes does not strengthen the team in this window then I'm not so sure he will be around in the summer.

This club simply cannot allow the second half of the season to be as dire as the first half has been. If things continue as they are right now we will struggle to finish 7th never mind 4th, we are that bad right now. People can claim that Fergie and the board will give him time all they want, but the fact is that we are getting beaten by the likes of Sunderland and Swansea these days and if that trend continues, well, Moyes whole family could be on the board and he would still get sacked.

I don't want Moyes sacked, I would like nothing more than to post here in three years time about the new dynasty at United under Moyes, but if we don't improve soon then it will happen. Thats the reality of football, the champions should not be finishing 7th or 8th the next season, and the manager that brings a club from champions to 8th will get sacked.

United need to improve and it needs to happen soon. Moyes needs to buy a midfielder in this transfer window, frankly, he doesn't have a choice any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Name the club:

- One of the richest clubs in the world
    - Recent Premier League and European cup winners
    - New manager and coaching staff, definitely a transition year
    - Once great but now aging centre back and left back almost finished their careers
    - Weakness in central midfield. One player is not rated by anybody, another is playing a more defensive role than he would prefer. They also have to keep playing an older club legend due to lack of options
    - Problems trying to fit a talented number 10 into the team
    - Talented young player not rated by the coach and available for loan despite performing better than an older player who still gets selected

Last clue: Even with a new coach, an aging squad and many underperforming players they are still 3rd in the table, because the fact is that even at their worst the big clubs should be in the goddamn top four.

To be fair there is not really that much of a comparison to be made here.

Chelsea have pumped huge money into the team over the past few years and imo have a vastly superior squad to united.
    Terry has been very good this season. Cole may be in severe decline but they have quality replacement in Azpilicueta. United do not have depth like this.
    The central midfield is a little weak but Ramires is still an excellent player for this position. If you are implying that "nobody rates" Mikel I would disagree. I think he is a good player but just not world class. Lampard may be over the hill a bit by now still can be very effective.
    Having a world class player in Mata who is playing less minutes than before by being rotated with other world class players who suit the current team style better does not seem like a problem United face right now.
    Also comparing de Bruyne to Zaha is not all that accurate as de Bruyne has top level experience in the Bundesliga whereas Zaha has only Championship experience. And despite how good he may have looked in pre season the EPL will always be a huge jump for him.

In reality Chelsea's transition period began with AVB in 2011 where the big players of the time(Drogba, Lampard, Cole, Terry, Essien) where beginning to show decline and new quality had to emerge. Mata was bought that summer and Luiz and Torres where bought the Winter before. The following summer Oscar and Hazard (amongst others) were signed. Despite all this investment I think it is only know Chelsea are starting to look like they may become a great team again.

And lets not forget Chelsea came sixth at the end of 11/12 season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Baines will be Moyes main target in the window

Next on the list after that is Phil Jagielka, followed by Pienaar
    That's absolutely hilarious man, up all night thinking up that one?
    So original, never heard anything like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The ABUs don't seem to be getting the reaction they want from United supporters, so it's slowly getting more aggressive

The ABUs don't seem to be getting the reaction they want from United supporters, so it's slowly getting more aggressive

ABCs for the next few years I'd say.

I understand that Liverpool fans want to return the mocking they got over the years but Jesus... how many incarnations of that "joke" have we heard over the last few months?

I wonder how long I'd last if I went over to their thread and started making jokes about their club...

U know its true :)
    Thats why it hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Cattermole would be a good hard man to buy would he not? He'd have a bit of bite in him for sure!

Neeson wrote: »
    Cattermole would be a good hard man to buy would he not? He'd have a bit of bite in him for sure!
    I do hope this is a joke too.

U know its true :)
    Thats why it hurts
    Yes, it hurts so bad, I was hoping for Osman. Run along now...

I do hope this is a joke too.

No. He would be good cover for that ageing defence and is not too old and wouldn't break the bank.

No. He would be good cover for that ageing defence and is not too old and wouldn't break the bank.
    He's a central midfielder?

Edit: thought you meant cover as in backup. Either way, I'd like to think even Moyes would laugh at that suggestion.

• Advertisement

He's a central midfielder?

Exactly what the team needs but good on the defensive side too. I also earmarked McGeady there but it seems as though he will be snapped up by Everton before Moyes gets his act together.

Exactly what the team needs but good on the defensive side too. I also earmarked McGeady there but it seems as though he will be snapped up by Everton before Moyes gets his act together.
    You can't be serious. Please tell me you're not being serious.
    McGeady and Cattermole? gtfo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

There are far too many funny guys in here tonight..

The Sun paper with nothing better to Write.

Wonder what will come out of this.

Mod Edit : copyright infringement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Break a leg, Horrible player!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

It took me a few seconds to cop on here without reading i thought it was Jay-Z, Watch this get Blowing out of proportion now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'd rather see a midfield pair of Paul Green and Mike Summerbee before Lee Cattermole joins.

You can't be serious. Please tell me you're not being serious.
    McGeady and Cattermole? gtfo.

I very much am. New players needed and a bit of heart and harness. Cattermole is a hard man. And McGeady on the wing - sure he is hit and miss but a damn sight better than Valencia. These two boys would reinvigorate the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pretty funny picture if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm starting to fee a bit sorry for your club on one level, the Guardian at the last count has 7 blog articles open for reader comments. Its getting a bit silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They are also reporting rumours of a player revolt with moyes and staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

bmcc10 wrote: »
    It took me a few seconds to cop on here without reading i thought it was Jay-Z, Watch this get Blowing out of proportion now!!

Chris Smalling dressed up as a Jägerbomb(er) not a suicide bomber

Joekers wrote: »
    Chris Smalling dressed up as a Jägerbomb(er) not a suicide bomber

Seems to be a trend with him, for the last few weeks he has been pretending to be a full back. ;)

I'll get my coat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

retalivity wrote: »
    They are also reporting rumours of a player revolt with moyes and staff
    Source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That looks absolutely nothing like Smalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Even with a new coach, an aging squad and many underperforming players they are still 3rd in the table, because the fact is that even at their worst the big clubs should be in the goddamn top four.

I rarely get involved on MUFC threads but the basic incorrectness of this sentence struck me.

You should realise that nearly all the other big clubs of Europe have missed out at least once this century - AC Milan, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Bayern Munich all failed to qualify, and Chelsea and Real Madrid needed to win the CL as they didn't get in via the league.
    So being big or rich shouldn't give you some sense of entitlement that you will always be in the CL - the fact that you have always cruised qualification is just another remarkable SAF achievement. Going forward it would be reaonable that you should probably expect not to qualify at least once a decade, despite the advantages of riches.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Source?

Guardian newspaper

Wouldnt surprise me if its true. Evra being the main culprit. Would explain alot about his performances

I dont blame the players in that aspect but they should have some pride in playing to their best for utd

Im kinda thinking the same.

Not be first time Sun got it wrong.

At first I thought it was Obama.

Im kinda thinking the same.

Not be first time Sun got it wrong.

When did they ever get it right?

Garbage player, a brain cell killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Guardian newspaper

Wouldnt surprise me if its true. Evra being the main culprit. Would explain alot about his performances

I dont blame the players in that aspect but they should have some pride in playing to their best for utd
    It would surprise me - maybe they don't like the dressing down he obviously gave them after the last few games ... Sometimes the truth hurts and maybe some players are coming to the realisation that the door is awaiting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm starting to fee a bit sorry for your club on one level, the Guardian at the last count has 7 blog articles open for reader comments. Its getting a bit silly.

Jess ****ing Christ. A Liverpool fan feeling sorry for United after 6 months of under performance.

The level of hysteria has jumped the shark at this point.

Whats wrong with Smalling dressing as a jagerbomber? if they're trying to claim he's mocking suicide bombers, in that case, Van Persie dressed up as a vampire for halloween, does this mean he's a cannibal?

When did they ever get it right?

Page 3?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

To be honest if Moyes does not strengthen the team in this window then I'm not so sure he will be around in the summer.

This club simply cannot allow the second half of the season to be as dire as the first half has been. If things continue as they are right now we will struggle to finish 7th never mind 4th, we are that bad right now. People can claim that Fergie and the board will give him time all they want, but the fact is that we are getting beaten by the likes of Sunderland and Swansea these days and if that trend continues, well, Moyes whole family could be on the board and he would still get sacked.

I don't want Moyes sacked, I would like nothing more than to post here in three years time about the new dynasty at United under Moyes, but if we don't improve soon then it will happen. Thats the reality of football, the champions should not be finishing 7th or 8th the next season, and the manager that brings a club from champions to 8th will get sacked.

United need to improve and it needs to happen soon. Moyes needs to buy a midfielder in this transfer window, frankly, he doesn't have a choice any more.

he won,t be sacked,he will be given at least 2-3 years.longevity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

If Moyes doesn't bring in a lb and a midfielder this month he deserves the bullet and i am somebody who defends him.

Mod Post: copyright infringement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Guardian newspaper

Daily Mail saying he has a list of players who'll be out the door in the Summer,
    Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra could all leave with Javier Hernandez, Nani, Anderson, Alex Buttner and Anders Lindegaard likely to join them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536170/Rio-Ferdinand-Nemanja-Vidic-Patrice-Evra-set-leave-Manchester-United-clear-out.html#ixzz2pqvoysUq

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Guardian piece is dirt on first read. While I would have no problem believing such a thing could happen with how poor the team is playing, there is nothing in the article of any substance.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Guardian piece is dirt on first read. While I would have no problem believing such a thing could happen with how poor the team is playing, there is nothing in the article of any substance.

There is nothing of substance in any of the newspaper articles regarding united, nothing.

whereas, Duffer in the Puffer has an element of truth ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement