Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Is Bild the "reliable" newspaper, the one that called Gotze to Bayern before any other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Is Bild the "reliable" newspaper, the one that called Gotze to Bayern before any other?

Not sure about reliable, but I think it's the main sports paper in Germany, much like L'Equipe in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bild is like The Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

If we had got Scott parker from Charlton, I reckon he would ahve been a great signing, and been a much better player.

Think we would have developed him a lot better than Chelsea did.

You may be right there. But people were calling for United to sign him within the last 2 years or so. IMO it would have been a waste.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brinty wrote: »
    What player did you think Utd should have signed in the past, but didn't, and the decision not to sign the player has been completely justified looking at their career since?
    Alan Shearer 1996, we signed Ole instead.....Oh Alan Shearer, went to Newcastle and he won fcuk all...
    Lucas Leiva....Loserpool, nuff said..
    Lucas Moura...can't get into the PSG team
    Douglas Costa...decent but not the star we all imagined

Also, what player(s) did you think would do a lot better for us than they actually did?
    Liam Miller - didn't understand his signing, thought he'd do much better
    Djemba x 2
    Poborsky and Cryuff
    I wouldn't put Veron in this category, he was way ahead of his time and Scholes was so similar to him in that sort of QB role..he'd be perfect for us now

On this you could also throw in....
    1. Players we missed out on and we really fcuked up by not signing...Ronaldinho, Ozil after 2010 (he was in Manchester..i seen him with my own two eyes!!!!!)...
    2. Players (youth/young) from the club we sold but shouldn't have let go...Pique, rossi, Pogba, Morrison

TBF to Macheda, he was a 17 year old kid and we were looking for Miracles from him

Loserpool? Really? Aren't you a clever lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

7325024_orig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

5starpool wrote: »

Oh look at that high horse that he rode in on :D As if you never slagged off united with a stupid childish name.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

kryogen wrote: »
    Bild is like The Sun

Not true. They're far more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

JRdZO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Yeah it's nearly as bad as pool fans making some sort of reference to 5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Soldie wrote: »
    Not true. They're far more reliable.

The Sun is probably a bit harsh alright, at the end of the day they are a rag

They also have Arsenal signing Draxler for 45 million this month, could you ever, in your life, imagine Wenger spending so much money in one season :)

Breaking JoMo's record at the bridge on Sunday would really be something else

Don't think we will but I can always hope

Whoever started the Arsenal match thread please start this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

KH25 wrote: »
    You may be right there. But people were calling for United to sign him within the last 2 years or so. IMO it would have been a waste.

I was possibly one of them - think I had him down as a decent january signing, to get us through to the summer when we could buy a better central midfielder.

We did neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Yeah it's nearly as bad as pool fans making some sort of reference to 5

or the nickname referred to in reference to the players who died in munich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

magnumbud wrote: »
    or the nickname referred to in reference to the players who died in munich
    which one is that?
    I'm intrigued. You can pm me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We're not going down such a childish route.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

lordgoat wrote: »

I wouldn't expect any different from Robbie savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How the **** does savage get a job writing and talking about football

• Advertisement

Matic to Chelsea confirmed.

Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Matic to Chelsea confirmed.

Depressing.

Getting used to it now,he said he wanted to return to Chelsea but
    did we even make a bid for him?

No value in the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No value in the market

Ah no it will be twisted to "It's a market with no value in it" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It not like football manager where you can go outbid the rival and sign the player.

We can't have every single dam good player come our way.

If we are in for Gundogan then I be very happy to see Moyes knows where our problems lie.

I doubt w will get him though although him being United fan helps a little.

From what I have been told, no. We enquired in the past, but never moved for him, and nothing over the last month or so.

Could be wrong though.

As for him saying he always wanted to return to Chelsea - i never pay much attention to what a player says after a transfer saga is resolved (either way). Too much PR guff spoken. Maybe he is telling the truth and his dream has always been to return to the club he spent 12 months at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Apparently we did and he snubbed us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gundogan is a United fan?

Matic was only ever going to Chelsea anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

No value in the market

You can hardly call it value when you pay £22m for a player that you had previously bought for £1.5m and valued at less than £5m when he was used to part pay for Luiz. :pac:

That being said, £22m is sensational value considering what United spent on Anderson 8 years ago! :eek:

It not like football manager where you can go outbid the rival and sign the player.

We can't have every single dam good player come our way.

If we are in for Gundogan then I be very happy to see Moyes knows where our problems lie.

Personally, I do think Gundogan is a pipe dream - think he is more likely to sign for Madrid.

One in the hand and all that... Feel we will end up without Matic (assuming we could have got him) or Gundogan.

As for saying we can't have every damn good player come to us - signing a few of them is all I want, not all of them. I don't think that is unreasonable.

If Gundogan signs for us I will hold my hands up and say Moyes/United got it right. But as I say, I don't think he will, and a United side with Matic has a better chance of finishing fourth this season than a United side with Gundogan, at best, coming in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Gundogan is a United fan?

Matic was only ever going to Chelsea anyway.

Yes apparently so.

Does not make huge difference, but could help. Like I say cant see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Matic could easily be as much if a pipe dream as Gundogan. What makes anyone think that we'd have a chance?

Matic is returning to a club he has already played for, a city he is familiar with and will be paid as much as we could pay him. Seems to me like Chelsea held all the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Man City seem to land players they want by throwing enough cash at them!

If ever there was a time to splash the cash to get our man it's now IMO. I think we should be throwing an Ozil sized bid at Juve for Vidal. Failing that we should go all out to land Gundogan.

This summer is going to be a disaster to do business with the World Cup looming.

We are in real danger of missing out on top 4 as it stands. The finger needs to be taken out.

He's not a United fan, but a fan of United. Different things. He said a few years ago that United would be a dream move, but people change. His comments recently give me a little hope though.

Apparently Southampton turned down Bertrand plus cash for Shaw. Would love to know how much cash it was and if they are sticking by their 30m valuation. If he turns out to be the next Ashley Cole he's probably worth every penny of that but it's still way too early to tell.

Imagine paying 60m for Shaw and Barkley, could be a master stroke or a massive fail.

Matic could easily be as much if a pipe dream as Gundogan. What makes anyone think that we'd have a chance?

Matic is returning to a club he has already played for, a city he is familiar with and will be paid as much as we could pay him. Seems to me like Chelsea held all the cards.

Yep - returing to a club he played for like 4 times or something, in 12 months, before being loaned to Holland and then sold - was very likely a massive pull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yep - returing to a club he played for like 4 times or something, in 12 months, before being loaned to Holland and then sold - was very likely a massive pull.

Well he literally signed for them so I think that my supposition is at least as good as yours. If that was such a problem for him he likely wouldn't have signed.

Well he literally signed for them so I think that my supposition is at least as good as yours. If that was such a problem for him he likely wouldn't have signed.

I'm not saying it would be a problem. I'm saying it may not have been a life long ambition, it may have been possible to entice him to come to United, should we have tried to sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

1st post in the forum - Utd fan since the '83 cup final. Seems Matic was intent on returning to Chelsea but he was the type of player we need so another disappointment in a season where there have been quite a few. Onwards and upwards, I hope :D wonder who Moyes was watching specifically at Bordeaux v PSG last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

1st post in the forum - Utd fan since the '83 cup final. Seems Matic was intent on returning to Chelsea but he was the type of player we need so another disappointment in a season where there have been quite a few. Onwards and upwards, I hope :D wonder who Moyes was watching specifically at Bordeaux v PSG last night?

Welcome to the nut house!

Wouldn't be holding my breath about signings -_-

Everton Ribeiro's agent has said the club have received two offers from English clubs

I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

In non news
    Phil Jones ‏@Ph1lj0nes 1h
    Liking the sound of the new @DJTrevorNelson collection 2 cd! #tuuuuunes

Jesus Phil...

• Advertisement

Hi!

I'd say he was there to watch Veratti or Matuidi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Talk ****e saying the club are close to signing this youngster from Dinamo Zagreb,Robert Muric

http://talksport.com/football/man-united-transfer-news-brilliant-bargain-buy-moyes-14011575772?

Speaking of signings how is Varela doing for the U21s?

Haven't heard much about him since he signed last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Everton Ribeiro's agent has said the club have received two offers from English clubs

I wonder

His agent seems to be spouting alota crap for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

On beeb gossip page re United bidding for Pogba and Vidal.Any thoughts re the veracity of these reports?

seligehgit wrote: »
    On beeb gossip page re United bidding for Pogba and Vidal??

That's not a question, yet you put a question mark on the end for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Talk ****e saying the club are close to signing this youngster from Dinamo Zagreb,Robert Muric

http://talksport.com/football/man-united-transfer-news-brilliant-bargain-buy-moyes-14011575772?

Speaking of signings how is Varela doing for the U21s?

Haven't heard much about him since he signed last summer.

Muric has been spoken about as a potential signing so there may be substance. then again it is Talk****e so! Don't know how Varela has been doing but he has been a regular for the u-21s but he's been given compassionate leave after his folks were in a car crash http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532682/Manchester-United-defender-Guillermo-Varela-granted-leave-parents-suffer-car-accident-Uruguay.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

For those with sky sports 1, Ander Herrera starting for Bilbao, game just started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

RikkFlair wrote: »
    For those with sky sports 1, Ander Herrera starting for Bilbao, game just started

Forgotten about that, nice one!

seligehgit wrote: »
    On beeb gossip page re United bidding for Pogba and Vidal.Any thoughts re the veracity of these reports?

Apparently Pogba won't come back because he's still bitter about his treatment when he was here before, reckon we have more of a chance of getting Vidal.

Dunno if any bids have gone in but we more than likely won't hear anything official, just tabloid conjecture like normal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Lifted from a facebook page, gave me a smile!
    Picture of all the players we've been linked with this month.
    1507586_702415843131755_1171685369_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement