Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I still like Oscar de Marcos you know.

Anyone who has been paying more attention then me know how Herrera is playing?

Seems alright any time I have looked, couple of decent touches/interceptions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Everton Ribeiro's agent has said the club have received two offers from English clubs

I wonder

A £10 million bid was lodged "by an English team in the Champions League",it was rejected.Seems like Cruizero were trying to keep it secret & talks are planned in the next few days.
    He wants United,we need a midfielder...........it won't happen:( The club will sit on it's hands and he'll join Benfica or someone like that & be worth £40 million in a season or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is he any good this Ribeiro chap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Make up your own mind! Shamefully this is all I know off him

• Advertisement

Hes alright, nothing special though, wouldnt mind seeing him as an option on the left wing but wouldnt be going nuts for him either. Be nice to have a naturally left footed player on that side

Would have liked to have seen few more defense splitting passes. Some nice goals and touches.

of course you cant judge player on 8 minute video. Least he seems to score.

If we signed him at least Moyes & Everton would be together again,plus how confusing would it be for mammies around the world being asked by their United supporting kids for Everton jerseys.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

kryogen wrote: »
    Hes alright, nothing special though, wouldnt mind seeing him as an option on the left wing but wouldnt be going nuts for him either. Be nice to have a naturally left footed player on that side

What about Adnan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The bid was €10 million, not £10 million!

Sounds like us alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Sounds like us alright!

Add a decimal point between the 1 and 0 and it's defo us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sounds like us alright!

Next offer will be €10.1 million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Herrera's buy out clause increases to €40 million in the summer, bet we'll buy him then.

Would have liked to have seen few more defense splitting passes. Some nice goals and touches.

of course you cant judge player on 8 minute video. Least he seems to score.

His shooting is all over the shop, he is as likely to hit the corner flag as he is the target :) Ill dig up stats in a bit if you like? His passing would need to improve also, his chance creation is pretty good considering though! (not a fan of that stat of course) Edit: Pretty sure he would have decent assists actually, Im away to the laptop to google!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Some of that defending in that Ribeiro video makes Gary Breen look world class.

He is not another Bebe is he lads?

GSPfan wrote: »
    What about Adnan.

Dont see a long term future for him on the left, but he could be I suppose, I think when he matures and his decision making improves he will operate best centrally.

I doubt we are in for Ribeiro, I have no idea if we would get a work permit for him, the special talent rule would be kinda taking the piss at his age :)

Some of that defending in that Ribeiro video makes Gary Breen look world class.

That is very important also, looked it up, he is a 1 in 5 player this season in terms of goals, thats alright for a midfielder, but taking into account the opposition you would like to see him scoring more, his shooting as I said is all over the place, if he got more accurate there it would make a huge difference to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If Baines signs a new contract at Everton that will brighten up this awful transfer window alot for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Dont see a long term future for him on the left, but he could be I suppose, I think when he matures and his decision making improves he will operate best centrally.

I doubt we are in for Ribeiro, I have no idea if we would get a work permit for him, the special talent rule would be kinda taking the piss at his age :)

What are the rules about obtaining work permits?

Surely football bring in so much money to the UK that unless a player has a dodgy record of some description then the authorities should make it very easy to get work permits for footballers.

It's not as if they're parasites on the economy; the exact opposite, in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Herrera's buy out clause increases to €40 million in the summer, bet we'll buy him then.

For €43 million...

His shooting is all over the shop, he is as likely to hit the corner flag as he is the target :) Ill dig up stats in a bit if you like? His passing would need to improve also, his chance creation is pretty good considering though! (not a fan of that stat of course) Edit: Pretty sure he would have decent assists actually, Im away to the laptop to google!

Not sure want to see those stats if they are that bad:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Either my brother is a lying arsenal soon to be hurt mucker or we signed vidal at 6 pm?????

Cant find reference online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Either my brother is a lying arsenal soon to be hurt mucker or we signed vidal at 6 pm?????

I think he's winding you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

KH25 wrote: »
    I think he's winding you up.

**** just sent me a text saying we didnt sign vidal we signed joey barton with a load of smiley winking faces. that absolute ****ing inbred muppet wait til i get him.....

Mad how he is so vocal this year for years he said nothing now look what you have done david moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah we're signing at 6pm, delegates spotted at Manchester airport

v-logo.png

Our own Jellies and chocolate bars

v-logo.png

Another setback for Anderson. We sign this deal just as he's about to leave :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Plus, if we buy now, they will throw in "Sasoon" for free. Saw a few clips of him on youtube.

vidal%20sassoon%2048%20logo.jpg

• Advertisement

Good sources say a deal has been agreed and Woodward will bring Koke to Old Trafford.

koka-kola.jpg

Koke-Kola will be the official drink of MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not really kept upto date last few days with transfer in news. If I was to ask for a summary of activity would it be a blank post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Unearthly wrote: »
    Not really kept upto date last few days with transfer in news. If I was to ask for a summary of activity would it be a blank post?

YES

Moyes is supposed to be at the Napoli game tonight? Who would his target be there?

Hamsik is on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

**** just sent me a text saying we didnt sign vidal we signed joey barton with a load of smiley winking faces. that absolute ****ing inbred muppet wait til i get him.....

Mad how he is so vocal this year for years he said nothing now look what you have done david moyes

redneck.jpg

:pac::pac:

I kid I kid.

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vidal and Pogba from Juvi game.

Ibra from the PSG game.

Hamsik from Napoli.

Moyes sorted :D Believe it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sorry boys, saw this and had to post it

Paul Robinson has as many Premier League assists as Tom Cleverley (5)

Moyes has accepted the misconduct charge against him but has declined the opportunity to attend the hearing,wonder if he's too busy sorting out a couple of signings?

BTW,who's the new presenter on SSN now? She looks tasty.Yum!

Beyond me who he could be watching at that game, Insigne maybe.

He's gone transfer mad, does he not know we have Chelsea in less than 96 hours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »
    Moyes has accepted the misconduct charge against him but has declined the opportunity to attend the hearing,wonder if he's too busy sorting out a couple of signings?

Agreed if it was summer signings he was scouting he probably would have attended, then again I may be getting my hopes up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

He's gone transfer mad, does he not know we have Chelsea in less than 96 hours :pac:

This is another reason for me that someone is coming in this window - or at least will be bid for - properly i hope!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sorry boys, saw this and had to post it

Paul Robinson has as many Premier League assists as Tom Cleverley (5)
    And he's only got one leg...well, one real and one artificial since he fell down that cliff... this is the guy from Neighbours right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

shes as orange as an umpa lumpa.(could be the lighting)

also saw manchester utd..... going across the bottom of my screen and got my hopes up and saw that news of moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I think it's fair to say that anybody Moyes is still scouting at this stage will not be joining before the end if the transfer window.

And if anybody had been lined up in advance, they'd have joined at the beginning of January.

If Moyes goes another window without doing anything about the squad, continues as he is and finishes 7th or 8th, will he get another window to strengthen ?
    I genuinely think that if this happens, and it us starting to seem likely, that he'll get the sack.

If I was him, I'd be desperate to get somebody in now to give the team a lift.
    Wasn't he scouting midfielders all last summer too? What is he at?

I was happy with Moyes as choice if manager, but I feel he is at critical stage now.

Bit leathery, tasty enough though

Give her time to settle in, show us her true talent

magnumbud wrote: »
    shes as orange as an umpa lumpa.(could be the lighting)

e260781b283c7b7db2c885aeb5bba2cb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

e260781b283c7b7db2c885aeb5bba2cb.gif

saying someone has used too much fake tan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Moyes is supposed to be at the Napoli game tonight? Who would his target be there?
    Beyond me who he could be watching at that game, Insigne maybe.

I think it could be Gokhan Inler, heard us linked to him last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks for Southampton.
    Anything further on the Lallana links - they seem to have died off lately.

Watching the City game. Calibre of the opposition aside they are playing with such confidence and swagger. It would be great to see United like that again.

I'm not looking forward to our game with City at all

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement