Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I think it's fair to say that anybody Moyes is still scouting at this stage will not be joining before the end if the transfer window.

And if anybody had been lined up in advance, they'd have joined at the beginning of January.

If Moyes goes another window without doing anything about the squad, continues as he is and finishes 7th or 8th, will he get another window to strengthen ?
    I genuinely think that if this happens, and it us starting to seem likely, that he'll get the sack.

If I was him, I'd be desperate to get somebody in now to give the team a lift.
    Wasn't he scouting midfielders all last summer too? What is he at?

I was happy with Moyes as choice if manager, but I feel he is at critical stage now.

But then why is he flying around Europe watching players now? We have a match on Sunday, it's not a week off, why would he watch players for the summer window on a busy week in January?

There must be something to this scouting mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's all a bit strange he's been to 3 games now in the space of a few days and Philly Neville is on a Spanish crusade as well, all a few days before we play Chelsea.

If they were going to watch one team play I'd think there was a signing off that team coming but it doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    But then why is he flying around Europe watching players now? We have a match on Sunday, it's not a week off, why would he watch players for the summer window on a busy week in January?

The man said he was on holidays can ye not just let him enjoy it, the way the season is going he won't be seeing much of Europe next year, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

It's all a bit strange he's been to 3 games now in the space of a few days and Philly Neville is on a Spanish crusade as well, all a few days before we play Chelsea.

If they were going to watch one team play I'd think there was a signing off that team coming but it doesn't make sense.

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

See who got sent off for Real Madrid...

Headshot wrote: »
    See who got sent off for Real Madrid...

Was it a LB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Was it a LB
    You guessed it right.
    Fabio Coentrao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

You think if Moyes was convinced by a top player he saw today , that United could wrap up the deal by Jan 31?

I'd prefer to see Woodward turning up in these places than Moyes.
    If its just a case of negotiating a deal financially why is Moyes needed?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    You guessed it right.
    Fabio Coentrao

Yahooooooooo ! Was he on the pitch longer than fabio a few weeks ago,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    You guessed it right.
    Fabio Coentrao

Obv doesnt want to be there and is sending a message to the club :D

You think if Moyes was convinced by a top player he saw today , that United could wrap up the deal by Jan 31?

I'd prefer to see Woodward turning up in these places than Moyes.
    If its just a case of negotiating a deal financially why is Moyes needed?

Do you not remember last summer, if Moyes is negotiating over woddy ill be happy,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yahooooooooo ! Was he on the pitch longer than fabio a few weeks ago,

Yeah he was booked in the 44 min and second booking in the 85 minute but still anchelotti wont be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah he was booked in the 44 min and second booking in the 85 minute but still anchelotti wont be happy

Second yellow could have been a straight red. His first start since November too. My Madrid supporting mates can't wait to see the back of him, they consider him a poor player and a liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hococop wrote: »

Hes a filty player. Wouldnt be a good signing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

kryogen wrote: »
    Obv doesnt want to be there and is sending a message to the club :D
    I hope that is the case! sign him up David!

• Advertisement

At this Moment he Would improve our starting 11. Not worth 20m but id like to see him at utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

At this Moment he Would improve our starting 11. Not worth 20m but id like to see him at utd.

They could drop the price to get rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Sign him. A bag of potatoes would be more use than Evra these days. He's a joke. Needs to be sold as soon as a replacement is bought.

Sign him. A bag of potatoes would be more use than Evra these days. He's a joke. Needs to be sold as soon as a replacement is bought.

What Do you really think:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Maybe Moyes just likes going to watch football matches?

• Advertisement

Maybe Moyes just likes going to watch football matches?

Or like taking holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Headshot wrote: »
    Or like taking holidays

Lol, it's unreal, I mean he's the manager, how do you know that these players have not been watched TIRELESSLY by Manchester United Scouts and that now Moyes wants to go and see them in order to get his own opinion on them.

Sitting in work in whats coming up to a 15 hour shift with probably another 6 to go please entertain me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Lol, it's unreal, I mean he's the manager, how do you know that these players have not been watched TIRELESSLY by Manchester United Scouts and that now Moyes wants to go and see them in order to get his own opinion on them.

Sitting in work in whats coming up to a 15 hour shift with probably another 6 to go please entertain me more.

Exactly that was always my understanding, that the scouts did the bulk of the work and then the manager came in at the end to give the final go ahead.

The man utd forum is not really a place to be for entertainment, you do realise we are suffering another transfer window waiting on a cm,

I was actually joking but come on they have been watch tirelessly by utd scouts. Moyes is playing the propaganda card

Ugh... I've been there man. I've often found that by the time 9pm rolls around the worst is over, acceptance washes over you and the rest of the evening is fine. I had a few days back in 2011 where I did 9am to 9am. That was tough!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

If Moyes signs a midfielder I think this board will go into meltdown. :pac:

Sounds like the most plausible reason, unfortunately during transfer season this place goes to the dogs and some people just want to see the negatives.

I have read a few articles about how meticulous Moyes is when it comes to transfers, he doesn't take it lightly so the chances are Moyes has been watching these players for a long time and is having a last in the flesh look before he pulls the trigger on one of them, maybe this window or the summer, we will have to wait and see.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/why-david-moyes-transfer-policy-is-the-right-way-to-go/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Moyes will arrive back from his holidays with a LB and CM.People usually arrive back with only a poxy Toblerone but not our David ,no expense spared.

So will the utd board

• Advertisement

Why? He already singed a midfeilder, Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sky Italia reporting Xavi WILL move to MLS after World Cup.

Hardly true?

And yes, I know the source is utter tripe.

The man utd forum is not really a place to be for entertainment, you do realise we are suffering another transfer window waiting on a cm,

Of Course it's entertainment, watching the Knee Jerk reactions hour after hour when any club besides United signs a player is pretty funny.

It would make sense if the people he's going to watch were on a short list given to him by scouts and he wants to see them himself before pulling the trigger on a move.....

I'm getting to hopeful about this transfer window

Ugh... I've been there man. I've often found that by the time 9pm rolls around the worst is over, acceptance washes over you and the rest of the evening is fine. I had a few days back in 2011 where I did 9am to 9am. That was tough!

Good luck!

Yup, Report due at 11am in the morning and the reporting tool is down, good times, funnily enough I work in bloody IT, see more paperwork now than I did in Uni.

I'd like to edit, the office is empty and I'm enjoying my work with a few beers :) so don't feel too badly for me

Of Course it's entertainment, watching the Knee Jerk reactions hour after hour when any club besides United signs a player is pretty funny.

Well then you don't need entertaining ;) Grant holt going to villa really made me mad

Yup, Report due at 11am in the morning and the reporting tool is down, good times, funnily enough I work in bloody IT, see more paperwork now than I did in Uni.

I know what you mean. I started in a development position in December so I'm finally free, but in my previous IT job the amount of physical paper that crossed my desk was beyond laughable!

Edit: Something on topic... Uhh, I like United.

Real Madrid has reportedly closed a deal of 21M for Sevilla's left back Moreno, 21, and could pave the way for Coentrao to come to Old Trafford

http://www.elgoldigital.com/el-futuro-de-alberto-moreno-podria-estar-pactado/

This is the only thing holding up the move. Although if Madrid don't want to loan him and are lining up a permanent replacement they really don't care much for him. Should we be looking for a better quality LB?

According to Daily Star, PSG is prepared to outbid United with a hefty 50M bid for Pogba; Moyes has handed Woodward a transfer wishlist including Fabio Coentrao, Juan Mata, Arturo Vidal, Koke, Marco Reus and Ezequiel Garay

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/360517/More-misery-for-David-Moyes-as-Paul-Pogba-snubs-Manchester-United-return

The BS is strong with this one I think, everything except the 50M PSG part

Vidic's Serbian (ex)teammate, Mateja Kezman insists his former Serbia teammate Nemanja Vidic is happy at Manchester United and believes the defender will sign a new deal

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-kezman-vidic-ready-sign-new-man-united-deal-14011575681#dhZ6UAeRZqWPg1Lo.99

U work 24 hr shifts in IT, here was me thinking you were a student doctor I'm disappointed in you now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What Do you really think:D

No time but it's not far off that.

Gone past caring about him. Don't care for his 'character' either. Bull ****. Chap doesn't give a **** on the pitch. Get rid.

U work 24 hr shifts in IT, here was me thinking you were a student doctor I'm disappointed in you now

It's a rare occurrence, but sadly the odd all nighter has to be done especially when you have reports due for head of group and you're notified 24 hours before their arrival. Normally it's a breezy 9-5 Mon - Fri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Wayne-Rooney--009.jpg
    Wayne Rooney's injury will leave Manchester United struggling up front for
    Sunday's crucial Premier League trip to Chelsea. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

Wednesday 15 January 2014 20.01 GMT

Manchester United's hopes of finishing in a Champions League position could suffer a severe blow as fears grow that Wayne Rooney may be out for three weeks with a groin injury.

As David Moyes's squad were given the day off on Wednesday, the manager will have a clearer idea of Rooney's condition when the players return to training at their Carrington base on Thursday.

Guardian
    Leighton-Baines-008.jpg
    Leighton Baines will have 12 months on his Everton contract in summer when
    Patrice Evra is set to leave Manchester United. Photograph: Carl Recine/Action Images

Tuesday 14 January 2014 22.30 GMT

Everton are hopeful of ending the uncertainty over Leighton Baines's future, and with it David Moyes' interest in a reunion at Manchester United, by securing the England international on a new long-term contract.

The left-back will have 12 months left on his existing Everton contract at the end of this season, when Patrice Evra is expected to leave Old Trafford as a free agent, and United will look to secure an established replacement. But, after protracted negotiations, Everton are believed to have made a breakthrough on a new contract for Baines in recent days and hope to secure the influential defender's services before he enters the final year of his current deal.

Goodison Park officials proposed a contract extension for Baines at the end of last season but that was put on hold amid persistent interest from United. Everton rejected several bids from their former manager's new employers, including the "derisory and insulting" joint £28m offer for Baines and Marouane Fellaini that valued the former at £12m.

Baines is one of several key players that Everton are looking to secure on a new contract, a list that includes Ross Barkley. The club have confirmed the England midfielder has suffered "a small fracture" of a toe on his right foot but have not put a timescale on his recovery.

Guardian

It's a rare occurrence, but sadly the odd all nighter has to be done especially when you have reports due for head of group and you're notified 24 hours before their arrival. Normally it's a breezy 9-5 Mon - Fri

U poor *****rd , Coffee coffee and more that's all I can say, now time to get to sleep :D

It really will be a miracle if we get something at the bridge without Rooney and RVP.

Hopefully Rooney is fit enough and Moyes is just playing games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

some people just want to see the negatives.

I'd quite like to see some positives. Do you have any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Aye, if he's done this for no particular reason, it'd be annoying as he's been gone from training all week. Hopefully, it's a these are the targets, just one final check before we choose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

titan18 wrote: »
    Aye, if he's done this for no particular reason, it'd be annoying as he's been gone from training all week. Hopefully, it's a these are the targets, just one final check before we choose

This is me genuinely not knowing but wont the players be in at say 9/10 and be done up early aft? Gives the Coaching team plenty of time to hop on a short flight to italy/spain

I'd quite like to see some positives. Do you have any?

Yes, the past 20 years. All those positives should see us through this blip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yes, the past 20 years. All those positives should see us through this blip.

I'd rather have a good midfielder to see us through the blip, but I guess we all have our opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just hope to **** Glazers or whoever have written this season off and told Moyes to look to clean out and strengthen in summer.

I want TOP 4 this season. Anything less is a disaster and its not the United way of just giving up. We never give up. Thats what makes us different to other clubs be it Chelsea or Liverpool.

We never gave. Why should we now?

My worst fear is this is seen as some sort of write off season now. We have always faced difficult challenges, this one is new to many of us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement