Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rvp and Rooney on squad bus going to London. Be great to see surprise tomorrow

BeSsZ_PIEAEd7G1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I reckon Rooney will be starting. RVP wouldn't be fit enough after so long out, Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Aye I wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney start. I expect RVP to be back for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

vidal, pogba and cabaye all scored today. If we bought all three tonight I'd masturbate myself into a coma I doubt I'd ever wake up from. We'd probably win the league too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pogba

Trilla wrote: »
    Pogba

Pogba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Trilla wrote: »
    Pogba
    Pogba?

Pogba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Headshot wrote: »
    Pogba again

ugh

Thanks for letting us all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

:confused: not allowed to talk about a player we are linked with.

Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need to do it in code

pog.jpg
    Ba.jpg

• Advertisement

user2011 wrote: »
    :confused: not allowed to talk about a player we are linked with.

Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/2014

You're allowed talk about anything that is remotely related to United. That's my understanding of how it works.

Pogba has been mentioned more times in this thread than Carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

10 points to whoever guesses

Ohhhhhh..

robin.jpg
    mercedes-benz_vito_compact_diesel_34032.jpg
    6-18733_3010.jpg

When United are being linked to resigning him it's United related also Moyes was at a Juve game recently? put the 2 and 2 together see what you come up with.

I like to think that it's Pogba being resigned or Vidal signing. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Delighted to see pogs doing so well. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

So he arrived at Carrington for pre-season duties in July ready to train with the reserves. Then, on only his third day of lung-bursting shuttle runs and squat thrusts, he was beckoned over to where the big boys were doing some drills. A first-teamer had just dropped out with injury and they needed someone to make up the numbers.

“Within five minutes of doing a little seven v three possession routine, you could see the vision of him playing for Man United’s first team,” Phil Neville, the United coach, explains.

“At the end of the session, all of the coaches got together. We were unanimous in our thoughts on what he’d done. He played like a Man United player. He’d wanted the ball, he was brave, he went into a tackle and smashed someone. Straight away, the manager came up to me and said: ‘He will be a Man United first-team player’.”

United were made aware of his eye-catching ability through Patrice Evra, whose contacts told him of a superstar emerging from the Belgian youth system.

Telegraph

"Needs Games" Nani et al. could learn a thing or two from Januzaj! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Telegraph

I hate this type of crap. You can easily say Janz can learn plenty from Nani et al. Like tracking a runner.

He's a good prospect. But there is plenty of room for improvement.

Don't. Don't. Don't believe the hype. (Just yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Rvp and Rooney on squad bus going to London. Be great to see surprise tomorrow

BeSsZ_PIEAEd7G1.jpg

Where did ya see this kew? I'd be delighted If they were fit

I looked through rvp Instagram there that picture was posted 12 weeks ago Sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

if only we had now :(

1554506_646114368780409_532367872_n.jpg

lordgoat wrote: »
    I hate this type of crap. You can easily say Janz can learn plenty from Nani et al. Like tracking a runner.

He's a good prospect. But there is plenty of room for improvement.

Don't. Don't. Don't believe the hype. (Just yet)

They can both learn from each other! :pac:
    Plus in the first-team dressing room he is surrounded by senior players who continue to demonstrate that for talent properly to blossom it needs to be accompanied by unceasing effort. Insiders suggest Darren Fletcher’s influence in instilling a work ethic in the young player has been particularly influential.

• Advertisement

Telegraph

Different players are different. No shít.

Rooney always needs a run of games to hit form as well, does that means he needs to change too?

Pro. F wrote: »
    Different players are different. No shít.

Rooney always needs a run of games to hit form as well, does that means he needs to change too?

Wayne Rooney? :confused:

He has been on form from the start of the season. Was United's best player in his first full game of the season against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I believe the Januzaj hype to a point. He looks like the real deal. We just need to persist with him when he takes dips in form, which will happen from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

I believe the Januzaj hype to a point. He looks like the real deal. We just need to persist with him when he takes dips in form, which will happen from time to time.

i think we have to believe the hype- only himself and rooney have been decent for us this year.

Where did ya see this kew? I'd be delighted If they were fit

I looked through rvp Instagram there that picture was posted 12 weeks ago Sadly

FFS 12 weeks ago?

I trust too many people on twitter. Thought this guy was alright. Not going judge over one picture, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He has been on form from the start of the season. Was United's best player in his first full game of the season against Chelsea.

Are you actually denying that Rooney usually takes a run of games to hit good form?

• Advertisement

You not been watching his career or something?

kryogen wrote: »
    Are you actually denying that Rooney usually takes a run of games to hit good form?

He was on form from his first game this season, thus he hasn't needed a run of games to hit good form.

I guess you meant to ask Pro F who said that "Rooney always needs a run of games to hit form" as you wrote "that Rooney usually takes a run of games to hit good form".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

big difference with Rooney at the start of this season - he wasn't unfit like he normally is. Best shape I have seen him in coming for pre-season, ever.

The cynic in me reckons it cause he wanted to be fit and look attractive to a new side, but regardless of my opinion, he was fitter than I have ever seen him at the start of the season. He normally takes a while to get back into shape from any prolonged football absence - the fact he didn't allow himself to get out of shape was a big difference.

Cabaye love is back strong. Its amazing how people get so excited over one game that some players are most buys. Nothing about previous 3-4 games where he was horse manure.

He was on form from his first game this season, thus he hasn't needed a run of games to hit good form.

I guess you meant to ask Pro F who said that "Rooney always needs a run of games to hit form" as you wrote "that Rooney usually takes a run of games to hit good form".

Okay, I'll correct myself and clarify: Rooney and Nani usually need a run of games to get back into form. Your statement about players like them needing to learn from Januzaj was drivel.

Happy now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cabaye love is back strong. Its amazing how people get so excited over one game that some players are most buys. Nothing about previous 3-4 games where he was horse manure.

have always said he would be a good signing - in the summer I'd have taken himself and Fellaini (though not my first choices).

Would love him added now, as I dont see us getting a world class player now (and figure it will be difficult in the summer too). Think we could do well to sign Cabaye now, as an immediate boost to the first team, and add a new WC player in the summer (oh to dream) and have, for example, Gundogan, Cabaye, Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley and Fletcher as our central options.

A man that has just signed a new contract getting a new (Italian) agent; but maybe he had the new agent before signing the new contract . . .
    . . . it was revealed in Tuttosport that he has hired on the Pastorello team of agents to help with his affairs . . .

Forza

I wonder will we ever get to see an in-form Nani playing for United again.

:pac:

Moyes saying that Zaha "can’t go out while we have Ashley Young and Nani injured" seems to indicate that he's still in his plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

@BBCsport Man Utd monitoring Everton's Barkley & Southampton's Lallana; wage caps for young players; and more football gossip http://t.co/eCp4tJsr3l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tomorrow's People,Mirror and Star are saying we'll move for Cavani to replace Rooney.

The People also saying we've made a £20 million bid for Mata but it looks more likely he'll go to Atletico Madrid on loan.

I don't think Coentrau was even on the bench for Madrid today. He'll surely be on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I don't think Coentrau was even on the bench for Madrid today. He'll surely be on his way.

would he not just be banned after getting sent off last week??

Moyes hinted a major signing is on the cards. “Judging by trips I’ve made recently and the things I am hearing, what has happened so far this season won’t be an issue when we sign players,” he said.
    “The number of big players wanting to join Manchester United is incredible.
    Trip “Maybe players want to go to other clubs for the money but if you ask them where they really want to be, what badge they really want to wear, then they’ll say Manchester United.”

Yaayyy, we are going to sign somebody. (I hope)

magnumbud wrote: »

Yeah, totally forgot aboot that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Compared to the magicians we have id take that anyday.

Compared to the magicians we have id take that anyday.

But they are magicians,players that can randomly disappear during games.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    But they are magicians,players that can randomly disappear during games.

Yaayyy, we are going to sign somebody. (I hope)

It sounds more geared toward the summer tbh, he seems to be making the point that regardless of what happens this season (going on what has happened) big players will still want to come to United.

If so many big players have indicated they want to join United then why not buy them now? Why wait if thats what they want?

Trying to calm fans who are worried the biggest names wont want to come if we dont get top four. He is saying it wont be an issue when we sign players, doesnt even hint at a signing being made this window there tbh

kryogen wrote: »
    It sounds more geared toward the summer tbh, he seems to be making the point that regardless of what happens this season (going on what has happened) big players will still want to come to United.

If so many big players have indicated they want to join United then why not buy them now? Why wait if thats what they want?

Trying to calm fans who are worried the biggest names wont want to come if we dont get top four. He is saying it wont be an issue when we sign players, doesnt even hint at a signing being made this window there tbh

Even if we signed 2 players this window I'd be happy enough.Leave the full rebuild until the Summer.The Fail is running with the Mata story now saying Jose might even let us have him now so long as Rooney goes the other way after the World Cup.Cavani to replace Rooney with Mata pulling the strings,sure it'd be ok I suppose.

Nothing worse then the manager of your team takes the piss of your team signing world class players.

Moyes needs to take a leaf out of Enda Kenny book "stay the f**k away from the press" :(

Even if we signed 2 players this window I'd be happy enough.Leave the full rebuild until the Summer.The Fail is running with the Mata story now saying Jose might even let us have him now so long as Rooney goes the other way after the World Cup.Cavani to replace Rooney with Mata pulling the strings,sure it'd be ok I suppose.

Mata for 20 million?

Come on he was signed for more then that and has done nothing but improve every season!

Its not even a remotely plausible story in all honesty.

Chelsea have no need to sell to an English team at all, if Mata becomes available in the summer (I dont think Mou will let him go before then) he will probably go back to Spain, you could easily see PSG come in for him too, Bayern? Sure they are lacking attacking midfielders :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

magnumbud wrote: »

I'm 99% sure I heard at the time the commentator say because he'd gotten two yellows he'd only be suspended for a cup game......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really do hate how our belief has been utterly destroyed this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fighting talk from Vidic - talks about the next 6 to 7 premier league games and that if they win today, United will be 6 points behind Chelsea and that he refuses to look at the table for the next 6 to 7 games as he sees them as make or break, he says the team needs consistency and if they win today and the next number of games, they will know if they are still challenging for the title.

Meanwhile, claims in the Mail on Sunday, that Zaha is ready to hand in a transfer request if he is not given a loan deal, apparently a series of phone calls between Zaha or his reps with Ed Woodward did not go well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As great as it is that Moyes has given Januzaj a chance, it's ludicrous that Zaha has gotten so little game time. It's not that I think he should be getting that time against the likes of Chelsea today, but lower league teams should see him get even a few minutes here and there...

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Fighting talk from Vidic - talks about the next 6 to 7 premier league games and that if they win today, United will be 6 points behind Chelsea and that he refuses to look at the table for the next 6 to 7 games as he sees them as make or break, he says the team needs consistency and if they win today and the next number of games, they will know if they are still challenging for the title.

Meanwhile, claims in the Mail on Sunday, that Zaha is ready to hand in a transfer request if he is not given a loan deal, apparently a series of phone calls between Zaha or his reps with Ed Woodward did not go well.

Regardless of whether the story has ANY truth or not, with Nani and Young injured you'd have to think he's in contention for a start. We've only got him, Januzaj, Kagawa, Valencia, Chico and Welbeck to choose from up front at the moment. With the amount of game time he's been given this season I'd be concerned about his continued development especially as he's at such a critical age where the potential needs to be fulfilled. He earned his right with Crystal Palace to get Premier league football this season. If he can't get it at Man Utd he deserves the loan opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement