Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

As great as it is that Moyes has given Januzaj a chance, it's ludicrous that Zaha has gotten so little game time. It's not that I think he should be getting that time against the likes of Chelsea today, but lower league teams should see him get even a few minutes here and there...

We can barely beat the lower league teams, not exactly the best time to be trying out youngsters.
    With Zaha there seems to be lifestyle issues that Moyes is not happy with but personally I feel that he has been found to be the raw average player that he is.
    Can't see any reason that he won't send him out on loan though.

Team for tonight, wouldn't mind seeing this:

De Gea

Rafa vidic Evans smalling

Jones Carrick Fletcher

Kagawa Jacuzzi

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

De Gea

Jones Carrick Fletcher

Kagawa Jacuzzi

Danny

Smalling at left back???? He's no right back let alone left back. Not sure playing kagawa on the wing in a game where you need a lot of working back is such a great idea

magnumbud wrote: »
    Smalling at left back???? He's no right back let alone left back. Not sure playing kagawa on the wing in a game where you need a lot of working back is such a great idea

I'd have faith in smalling at left back for this game.
    But Kagawa isn't on the wing...
    That formation doesn't include wingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Jesus, surely you'd put Evans (An actual left sided CB who has played LB before) at LB before Smalling who hardly plays RB well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

De Gea

Jones Carrick Fletcher

Kagawa Jacuzzi

Danny

Thats What you Might like but you wont see it. Expect. Evra. Clev and Valencia to start or at least 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Same as above, Smalling LB isn''t a good idea, wont happen, it actually looks to be a team with no left footers? Someone previously mentioned Jones to play to counteract Oscar and maybe Kagawa to come on if the game opens up or we are chasing a goal, I think this is a likely scenario.

This is a chance for a lot of our players who have under performed this to step up, Valencia, Carrick, Kagawa if he plays, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

My team for today

De gea
    Rafael
    Vidic
    Smalling
    Evra
    Valencia
    Carrick
    Fletcher
    Januzaj
    Kagawa
    Welbeck

Wouldn't be surprised to see rooney involved at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Think it could be

Big Dave

Smalling Vidic Evans Evra

Carrick Fletcher

Valencia Kagawa Janujaz

Welbeck

Would be happy enough with that. With Jan and Kag swapping. Maybe Giggs/Clev for Fletch but I hope not.

My team for today

De gea
    Rafael
    Vidic
    Smalling
    Evra
    Valencia
    Carrick
    Fletcher
    Januzaj
    Kagawa
    Welbeck

I Can see clev starting. Not saying i want him too Thats The only change i See in for fletch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Must win today. Nothing to fear at all either. Chelsea are nothing great at all

My team for today

De gea
    Rafael
    Vidic
    Smalling
    Evra
    Valencia
    Carrick
    Fletcher
    Januzaj
    Kagawa
    Welbeck

Rooney hasn't travelled...

I Can see clev starting. Not saying i want him too Thats The only change i See in for fletch.

Please god no, changing Cleverley for fletcher is probably the difference in us getting something from the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im looking forward to the match. If he picks the right team I think we may have a very good chance

4/1 to win. Definitely underdogs but cannot resist a tilt at those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

New links to Lazio midfielder Hernanes showing up today.

http://talksport.com/football/man-united-transfer-news-andersons-replacement-14011776142

Also as most of you have probably read already we are being linked heavily with a move for Edison Cavani.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/15957?cc=3436

United are now being linked with Moreno, the left back that Madrid were apparently buying to replace coentrao. Not sure if this is to try and force Madrid's hand to make Coentrao available ASAP.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-alberto-3035760

Daily Mirror say we are contacting Chelsea for Juan Mata. We want to offer 20M but Chelsea is holding out for 30M. Jose would reportedly prefer a loan move to Atletico for him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news--juan-3037170?#.UttNw2TFLAc

Sunday People is linking us with Everton's Seamus Coleman

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/report-man-united-keen-on-coleman_131351.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Jose's premierleague home record wont be broken today. Not against this Utd side.
    Draw at the very most.. But i see a chelsea win. Chelsea 2-1 Utd.
    Save your money,times are tough these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I bet Kagawa won't start :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

If Chelsea seriously would take 30m for Mata from us Id go for it.

5/1 some places I hear. Madness

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    If Chelsea seriously would take 30m for Mata from us Id go for it.

Chelsea won't sell us mata because we won't sell them rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    5/1 some places I hear. Madness

Best priced 9/2 at the moment including Boyles

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-man-utd/winner

KevIRL wrote: »

Read on a different thread that SJ were offering 5's. Anyway regardless, I don't think we'll win, but it's a massive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

First time in a long time I've even thought we were overpriced. If we go Fletch and Carrick in the middle we can shut out there offensive midfield somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Chelsea won't sell us mata because we won't sell them rooney

Doubt that matters to be honest. United want Rooney, Chelsea don't want Mata. Clubs probably aren't going to act like 8 year olds when it comes to sums like 20 million quid.

The real reason they won't sell to United is because it would be really stupid of them to sell to a player like him to a PL rival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Cant see us getting anything today, going for 3-0 Chelsea :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

They were, shortened into 9/2 now

468ab80ca69aee6e5415927ee76abbab.png

Oddsportal showing the 5/1 lasted for about hour (half 9 to half 10)

Not sure I've ever seen Utd at 5/1. Definately worth a tenner

Doubt that matters to be honest. United want Rooney, Chelsea don't want Mata. Clubs probably aren't going to act like 8 year olds when it comes to sums like 20 million quid.

The real reason they won't sell to United is because it would be really stupid of them to sell to a player like him to a PL rival.

Agree. Chelsea won't sell us Mata because of who we are. But if they don't give us an out and out no straight away, then we should offer 30million. He is beyond worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Agree. Chelsea won't sell us Mata because of who we are. But if they don't give us an out and out no straight away, then we should offer 30million. He is beyond worth it.

The money they get for Mata wont massively influence their decision to sell to us. I'd say they'd rather sell Mata to a Spanish club for 15m than let him go to us for 30m.

Sure look at us with the whole Rooney thing. Speaking for myself, If he was demanding to leave, I'd rather sell him to PSG for 25m than sell him to Chelsea for 40m.

Quandary wrote: »
    The money they get for Mata wont massively influence their decision to sell to us. I'd say they'd rather sell Mata to a Spanish club for 15m than let him go to us for 30m.

Sure look at us with the whole Rooney thing. Speaking for myself, If he was demanding to leave, I'd rather sell him to PSG for 25m than sell him to Chelsea for 40m.

Im not saying it will. I genuinely do not believe that they would sell him to us. All Im saying is it would be worth a punt because 30million IMO is good value for Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Im not saying it will. I genuinely do not believe that they would sell him to us. All Im saying is it would be worth a punt because 30million IMO is good value for Mata.

We dont need anymore CAMp's unless we're planning for life without Rooney.

beno619 wrote: »
    We dont need anymore CAMp's unless we're planning for life without Rooney.

We didn't 'need' another striker when we bought RVP. Mata doesn't have to be played from the centre. He can play off the left too. He could be fitted into a team with Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

6 quid on United at 5.5 on bet365. Don't think United will win, but I like those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Koke signed a new contract with Ath.Madrid over the weekend. Cracking player.

• Advertisement

New links to Lazio midfielder Hernanes showing up today.

http://talksport.com/football/man-united-transfer-news-andersons-replacement-14011776142

Also as most of you have probably read already we are being linked heavily with a move for Edison Cavani.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/15957?cc=3436

United are now being linked with Moreno, the left back that Madrid were apparently buying to replace coentrao. Not sure if this is to try and force Madrid's hand to make Coentrao available ASAP.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-alberto-3035760

Daily Mirror say we are contacting Chelsea for Juan Mata. We want to offer 20M but Chelsea is holding out for 30M. Jose would reportedly prefer a loan move to Atletico for him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news--juan-3037170?#.UttNw2TFLAc

Sunday People is linking us with Everton's Seamus Coleman

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/report-man-united-keen-on-coleman_131351.html
    The sunday world makes Great reading Haha Page 130-131 We are linked With. Gundogan .lavezzi. jackson martinez. Cabaye. And guarin. Add another 10 We have Been linked With and it Starts to get hard to read tbh.

We didn't 'need' another striker when we bought RVP. Mata doesn't have to be played from the centre. He can play off the left too. He could be fitted into a team with Rooney.

I would rather spend 30m on a proper CM or LW than add another player to the squad to under perform when played out of position. Mata is not nearly as effective out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

On mata hes great and would be a great signing but with a fully fit team rooney at no 10 behind RvP is still the best choice for me and playing mata on the left or right would just be similar to playing kagawa there. not saying dont but would solve nothing.

CM , LB and a true wide player for me is what we need.
    Cant see us getting anything today, going for 3-0 Chelsea :(

i wouldnt be confident today but 3-0? i'd say our major issue is going forward. play well enough at the back and the right midfield in front of them and cant see an embarrassing score like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Just seen Pogba's assist and goal from last night. I know it's been said time and again, but Fergie's decision to hold him back was nearly as bad as his decision to appoint Moyes. He's like a young Yaya Toure. Depressing to think he treated Cleverley like the next Scholes while letting Pogba fester away. A horrible misjudgment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Have been feeling a lot of unwarranted confidence this week. Today can mark the start of our season with a performance and win. I really think we can get the result today to kick-start us. Combine it with a positive signing next week and that could really be the catalyst we need.

Those odds are far too high to ignore. Tempted to open a new Bet365 account and take advantage of that 200 bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

s.welstead wrote: »
    Have been feeling a lot of unwarranted confidence this week. Today can mark the start of our season with a performance and win. I really think we can get the result today to kick-start us. Combine it with a positive signing next week and that could really be the catalyst we need.

Those odds are far too high to ignore. Tempted to open a new Bet365 account and take advantage of that 200 bonus.

chelsea has always been an incredibly hard ground for us to go especially with a full strength team. Without rooney and rvp and an under confident midfield- i can see us getting totally bossed in midfield. I honestly cant see us drawing let alone winnning. i hope i am wrong. i woould say chelsea 1-0.

Don't. Swansea had 66% possession against us in the first half at Old Trafford last weekend. If Chelsea have anything like that (and they will, being at home) then they'll murder us. They'll beat us 2-0 or 3-0 with Hazard running riot.

keano2012 wrote: »
    chelsea has always been an incredibly hard ground for us to go especially with a full strength team. Without rooney and rvp and an under confident midfield- i can see us getting totally bossed in midfield. I honestly cant see us drawing let alone winnning. i hope i am wrong. i woould say chelsea 1-0.

After reading your opinion i thought u Would of said 5-0 Not 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

There is no doubting that Mata is an excellent player but United have much more pressing area's on the pitch to address before they can go spending 30m on a player who won't get to play in his best position(unless Rooney leaves.)RVP up front with Rooney behind him is still the best set up when both are fit.
    CM,LB and a wide man are the most obvious area's that need strengthening.
    Vidal and Di Maria would solve so many problems but it wouldn't be far off 70 million to get those 2 and LB would still be needed so I cant see the sense buying Mata no matter how good a player he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

After reading your opinion i thought u Would of said 5-0 Not 1-0

no because i think defensively we will be ok and we will need de gea on form.
    i cant really see chelsea going gun ho attacking us. as soon as chelsea get one mourinho will lock up shop- throw on mikel and we wont have the chance the create anything. gona need a massive game from evra i feel- up against oscar and hazard- just hope his positioning is a bit better than previous few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Don't. Swansea had 66% possession against us in the first half at Old Trafford last weekend. If Chelsea have anything like that (and they will, being at home) then they'll murder us. They'll beat us 2-0 or 3-0 with Hazard running riot.

Possession is one of the most useless football stats there is. I don't pay attention to it. It will be a close game and if Moyes can get it right tactically for a change then no reason we can't win.

keano2012 wrote: »
    no because i think defensively we will be ok and we will need de gea on form.
    i cant really see chelsea going gun ho attacking us. as soon as chelsea get one mourinho will lock up shop- throw on mikel and we wont have the chance the create anything. gona need a massive game from evra i feel- up against oscar and hazard- just hope his positioning is a bit better than previous few games.

Thats fair enough. Obviously i See Chelsea as favourites. But iv a sneaky feeling We will catch them on The break once If welbeck Can get space on Terry. Or cahill he could cause trouble Its our best hope that or a set piece. If One goal is enough for 1 or 3 points time will Tell. But imo We will Score

Possession is one of the most useless football stats there is. I don't pay attention to it. It will be a close game and if Moyes can get it right tactically for a change then no reason we can't win.

It may not be very important when it's a team like Swansea who lack the killer edge to take advantage of it. If you think Chelsea dominating possession today wont play into the hands of Hazard and Oscar and in turn hurt us, then you're in for a shock. Who is going to score for United if Januzaj doesn't produce something special? We'll struggle to score and it wont be close IMO.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    It may not be very important when it's a team like Swansea who lack the killer edge to take advantage of it. If you think Chelsea dominating possession today wont play into the hands of Hazard and Oscar and in turn hurt us, then you're in for a shock. Who is going to score for United if Januzaj doesn't produce something special? We'll struggle to score and it wont be close IMO.

If we play the team suggested with Kagawa in the hole and Janazaj out wide then we have a chance. If Moyes fecks it up and includes Cleverley or starts messing about our attackers we wont have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If Cleverley plays I expects MANU shares to fall tomorrow on what will be bad news from today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement