Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Pathetic. Chelsea are absolutely muck and we're losing 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

beno619 wrote: »
    Jaysus how many times does the ball just go through De Gea.

de gea was not at fault for either goals.

either get hernandez on for welbeck or valencia. the ball has gone accross their goal 3 times and 3 times both of them have taken bad positions hernandez would be in a poachers position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Game over alright lads.

Ashley Young and Valencia have no business at Manchester United.

Our defense has been horrific too.

As usual Adnan Januzaj is our only positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Very unlucky to be 2 down. Rafael and Evra wasteful at both ends of the pitch. Welbeck should have had a pen IMO. Jones off the pace. Carrick playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Red Crow wrote: »
    Pathetic. Chelsea are absolutely muck and we're losing 2-0

I'd hardly call them muck, they're set up well, it was a fairly even first half the only difference being that Chelsea have taken their chances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Early endeavour replaced by fear. Nothing new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

magnumbud wrote: »
    On mata hes great and would be a great signing but with a fully fit team rooney at no 10 behind RvP is still the best choice for me and playing mata on the left or right would just be similar to playing kagawa there. not saying dont but would solve nothing.

CM , LB and a true wide player for me is what we need.

i wouldnt be confident today but 3-0? i'd say our major issue is going forward. play well enough at the back and the right midfield in front of them and cant see an embarrassing score like this.

2-0 at HT.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Absolutely toothless. Depressing to see Young and Valencia on the wings, the legends we had out wide in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Maybe bring on Kagawa, Young has been poor as expected.

Expect to see Hernandez at some point too.

Perhaps even Fletcher for Jones would offer more going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I don't know what's worse, being two goals behind or that it's not in any way a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

de gea was not at fault for either goals.

Could have done better for the second goal and many if the goals we have conceded this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

zerks wrote: »
    No Cleverley.

zqlZhyI.jpg

Much better off indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Phil jones is really the new john o shea for united he fills the gaps if needed around the pitch but doesnt ever strike me as someone who should start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

One poor goal and one unlucky goal to concede.

One of the best first half performances we have had all season to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So, what now for the rest of the season? Top 4 looks like it's completely out of reach now and Champions League is quarters at best.

The League Cup, if we do come back against Sunderland, we'd need a mini-miracle against City.

Ah well, only 3 or 4 months of this shíte to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Could have done better for the second goal and many if the goals we have conceded this season.

no way you can point any of the blame for the second goal at DDG.What could he really have done about it, shot from the edge of the six yard box,very few keepers would have done anything about it .99 times out of a hundred I would expect a top class striker to put them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus this is awful stuff, im gutted.

How low can we go?

2-0 at HT.....

Oh look there it is.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Chris Smalling coming on.

I don't know whether I'm angry or glad to see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jimjamcos wrote: »
    How low can we go?

9th is probably the furthest we could fall to.

Oh look there it is.......

are you seriously gonna gloat about this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just hope and wish and dream this actually gives the POWERS-THAT-BE some kick up the ass, either to change the team or change the manager. Either way, a massive review of what's happening needs to be done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This is pure ****e, when is it going to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Evra gone off thank christ

Batton down those hatches David, we'll hold what we have and fcuk the naysayers!!!

• Advertisement

are you seriously gonna gloat about this?

Im sorry but my prediction was called a embarrassment I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing young again, awful control but its no surpise with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

IvySlayer wrote: »
    This is pure ****e, when is it going to end?

Get used to it as long as Moyes is in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Team selection so lolbad.

Im sorry but my prediction was called a embarrassment I believe.

i didnt call your prediction an embarrassment i said it would be an embarrassing scoreline! grow up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jaysus how many times does the ball just go through De Gea.

Please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Please let this be Ashley Young's final appearance in a United shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Moyes is probably out of his depth but you cant put the blame solely on him, this has been coming for a while. I blame fergie and the board for trying to do things on the cheap, in the longterm doing things on the cheap is more costly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If they fail to get into the champions league, I fully endorse a change in manager. I expected a drop in performance levels but I didn't expect this. Embarrassing team selection, embarrassing performances, embarrassing substitutions, no one signed. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

I dont get Moyes at all. Kagawa had a great game v swansea when he was moved into the hole last week and fletcher was quality. Both dropped today and jones not match fit plays.... Baffling !

i didnt call your prediction an embarrassment i said it would be an embarrassing scoreline! grow up!

Dont be sore because you tried calling me up on it and now have egg on your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Europa league here we come

Dont be sore because you tried calling me up on it and now have egg on your face.

i'm in a bad mood cause my team is losing 3 - 0 and its being made worse by another fan gloating about it

Moyes is probably out of his depth but you cant put the blame solely on him, this has been coming for a while. I blame fergie and the board for trying to do things on the cheap, in the longterm doing things on the cheap is more costly

Fergie is totally, 100%, at fault. It is not Moyes fault he's not up to the job. Fergie, firstly, ignored United's midfield problems and allowed probably the best young midfielder in the world to get away. He then appointed his successor on personality not proven success. Unforgivable.

i'm in a bad mood cause my team is losing 3 - 0 and its being made worse by another fan gloating about it

Im sorry wanna hug it out xoxox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Moyes talks about luck or injuries after the game I'll go mad

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Fergie is totally, 100%, at fault. It is not Moyes fault he's not up to the job. Fergie, firstly, ignored United's midfield problems and allowed probably the best young midfielder in the world to get away. He then appointed his successor on personality not proven success. Unforgivable.

He won the league with this team :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm baffled as to why you would drop Fletcher for Jones. Jones having an absolute 'mare.

Sure mid table is grand isn't it?

No reason at all to improve the squad either last summer or in this transfer window

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah yes, let's put the blame on the man who brought us so many years of success, AND won the league at a canter with this team last year. Cause god forbid we blame the man who is here 7 months with no success stories to back him up, and who continues to negatively defy already drastically lowered ambitions for the season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Moyes played the same against City earlier in the season, it's like he forgot that already, not even learning from his mistakes. It's a joke Kagawa isn't on the pitch.

Ah yes, let's put the blame on the man who brought us so many years of success, AND won the league at a canter with this team last year. Cause god forbid we blame the man who is here 7 months with no success stories to back him up, and who continues to negatively defy already drastically lowered ambitions for the season :rolleyes:

#blameshadowclan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Please stop.

He has been incredibly average this season, he's cut out mistakes but has not won us many matches.
    Just an opinion but I called out Cleverley vs Hull last month while some people were still in denial.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm baffled as to why you would drop Fletcher for Jones. Jones having an absolute 'mare.

I didn't agree with it, so I'm racking my brains to think if an explanation.
    However jones has been good for us this season, so perhaps they chose to take an optimistic view on his fitness?

Young for Kagawa is inexplicable. Imagine how Kagawa feels?
    You play well and you're dropped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

Mourhino is king,he knows how to play al the big teams.
    Chelsea will go further than the other English teams in champs lge as well.
    He knows how to play and beat the big teams.
    Fergie cut the clubs throat by not appointing Jose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement