Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Cue the 'Moyes out' histerics for the next 12 hours. People knee deep in their own p!ss with dismay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not a lot will change til Moyes is gone I fear.

He's a cancer on the club. Totally out of his depth.

Counting the days until the inevitable happens. The worry is how much damage has been done to the club by the time he leaves. A little bit more with every day that goes by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Long balls and crossing makes me sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Devil08 wrote: »
    Cue the 'Moyes out' histerics for the next 12 hours. People knee deep in their own p!ss with dismay.

thats a bit optimistic

"Hysterics" ?

Cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

adox wrote: »
    Not a lot will change til Moyes is gone I fear.

He's a cancer on the club. Totally out of his depth.

Counting the days until the inevitable happens. The worry is how much damage has been done to the club by the time he leaves. A little bit more with every day that goes by.

He will be here next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our one dimensional play was shown to be growing ineffective against any decent opposition last year and it was mainly RVP or Rooney that covered the cracks.

This whole give the ball to the wing, thump it in the box and hope someone will direct it towards goal just isn't good enough and deserves to be in an even worse position than we are now, without Rooney we'd be even further gone.

The whole system needs to change and better players brought in, the tactics are Stone Age and the majority of the personnel are mediocre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

adox wrote: »
    "Hysterics" ?

Cop on.

Just wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

There will be some very negative vibes here alright but seriously, can you help by somehow putting a positive spin on anything to do with Manchester United this season?

Apart from Januzaj im fcuked if I can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its not "hysterics" when Moyes gives the argument every credence he can...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

We can bang on about our crap midfield all day but holy ****balls this is the worst defensive unit I have ever seen at United. They actually can't play. Look at the goals we concede. Doesn't matter who is playing, West Brom, Southampton, Cardiff, Everton, Hull, and now Chelsea have scored goals without having to try, its so basic it makes me want to cry. I've said it before and I'm not singling him out, but I don't think Evans can cut it as a top defender. Vidic is at a stage where he needs help. Rio is done. Evra tarnishes his reputation every time he crosses the whitewash, and Rafael just isn't thinking.

I don't like the word coward, so I guess I'll say this team is a bunch of fraidy-cats.

I'll talk to yous in a week lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

He won the league with this team :/

I acknowledge that obviously, he was a genius at motivating players and getting team selection/tactics spot on. Must be said though, an inspired RVP largely helped us win a poor league last season. I just don't think Fergie made a proper effort to set up United for the future/next manager. The (lack of a) midfield would show that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I genuinely don't think it's moyes fault, just look at the players, that is an abysmal man united squad... It has been fairly terrible since 09, only difference is the fergie factor. I haven't enjoyed watchin united for some time!we need new players simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

If this doesn't cause united to sign someone then I don't know what will, a big signing could give the lift that might get a champions league spot, what big name player will want to spend even one year in the Europa league or worse?? If we wait til the summer

Kagawa wrote: »
    If this doesn't cause united to sign someone then I don't know what will, a big signing could give the lift that might get a champions league spot, what big name player will want to spend even one year in the Europa league or worse?? If we wait til the summer

Tis yourself Shinji

Sirsok wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think it's moyes fault, just look at the players, that is an abysmal man united squad... It has been fairly terrible since 09, only difference is the fergie factor. I haven't enjoyed watchin united for some time!we need new players simple as

So why isn't he replacing them? It's his fault if he can't do something about those problems. A good manager can't stand there and go "Well, the cards I've been dealt just are no good" and pack it in.

Tis yourself Shinji

Ha, yeah, joined boards when we signed Kagawa, fully expected him to be awesome!!

Kagawa wrote: »
    Ha, yeah, joined boards when we signed Kagawa, fully expected him to be awesome!!

He is awesome

<3 Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Its not over yet boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

So looking for positives ..

Hernandez is having a good 2nd half.

Moyes took off Evra.

Anything else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

beno619 wrote: »

Moyes took off Evra.

Anything else ?

Ashley Young was taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Oh look there it is.......

Oh look, there it isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No matter how shíte we are, Chich is still great.

Even if he plays crap, he's still great.

What I'm trying to say is I love Chich.

Moyes took off Evra.

Anything else ?

Hopefully it will highlight that even though we played well compared to other times this season that this squad is not good enough, end of, you can't sit around and watch your rivals spend €100m + and expect to compete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would absolutely love to take valencia to the airport and send him to any other club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So why isn't he replacing them? It's his fault if he can't do something about those problems. A good manager can't stand there and go "Well, the cards I've been dealt just are no good" and pack it in.

Any club that does a massive overhaul never really works though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to take valencia to the airport and send him to any other club.

Take young and Evra with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I'll pay half the taxi

• Advertisement

You might want to bring young, wellbeck, evra & put cleverly in the luggage hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Smalling has regressed so much, a year ago I was confident we had Rio's replacement lined up.

Moyes took off Evra.

Anything else ?

One day closer to Moyes departure? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Whoops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Montroseee wrote: »
    Smalling has regressed so much, a year ago I was confident we had Rio's replacement lined up.

In all fairness he's done well in his proper position, can't blame him for Moyes chopping and changing, he's not a RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Wtf was that from Vidic ?
    Stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

well done vida just what we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Was that a straight red? Seems very harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

This just gets better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Chicarito dropping deep to get the ball, could be the solution our midfield problems. So ftustrating watching our first decent performance since Leverkusen and we still get spanked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Vidic - 3 game ban :(

Pointless and stupid

• Advertisement

Does anyone think we will sign someone before the end of January now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Toddle off to Galatasaray, Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Stupid from Vidic, no need to dive in at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Oh my god Rafael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I despise what David Moyes has done to my club. He truly is a cancer that needs to be eradicated

I know well the players are that good but there is no excuse to how ****ing bad we are. You cant blame the players ****ing dreadful tactics, you cant blame the players for awful team selection and you cant blame them a piss poor transfer window.

I cant stand anymore what he's doing to my club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

He won the league with this team :/

no he didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Oh my god Rafael

Needs to grow up. That was pathetic and embarrassing.

As much as people will say Vidic should have stayed on, it should be balanced by the fact Raf should have been gone after him.

Yet more poor preformances, bad team selections....but what's the point of complaining. Moyes is bulletproof for some reason, so has absolutely no reason to actually turn things round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

The internet went on the bus so I missed the last three minutes or so. What did Rafael do? Sounds nasty whatever it was.

Chagan wrote: »
    The internet went on the bus so I missed the last three minutes or so. What did Rafael do? Sounds nasty whatever it was.

Two footed lunge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement