Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

As much as people will say Vidic should have stayed on, it should be balanced by the fact Raf should have been gone after him.

Yet more poor preformances, bad team selections....but what's the point of complaining. Moyes is bulletproof for some reason, so has absolutely no reason to actually turn things round.

Such stupidity, over course he wants to turn it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I dislike this "cancer" stuff immensely. Unsavoury way to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Not a straight red that. But a completely pointless challenge! Players not helping the situation. Feel sorry for Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Headshot wrote: »
    I cant stand anymore what he's doing to my club.

You should sack him then. Surely that's your job as an owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Meh. We all knew this was coming once the team was announced.

The defense changed yet again. Valencia picked yet again. Kagawa does well last week and gets dropped. Jones straight into midfield after injury. An 18 year old in the playmaker position against Chelsea. Young picked again. Hernandez ignored yet again.

Moyes really needs to cop the **** on. But he won't, it will be the same sthite on Wednesday.

Is Moyes trying to get the "siege mentality" so that even United's own fans are against them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Chagan wrote: »
    The internet went on the bus so I missed the last three minutes or so. What did Rafael do? Sounds nasty whatever it was.

Nasty, late, two footed challenge

United are in shambles.

They were 4-1 to win the match before kick off.

Really have gone to the dogs.

Huge number of players need to be sold.

The bench today was pathetic in comparison to Chelsea's.
    Giggs, Fletcher, Cleverly, Fabio, Rafael, Nani, Tony V, Smallinfg, I could go on, none if these players should have a united jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

how long is big Dave going to put up with the sh1te in front of him, i fear one of the big Spanish clubs will come looking for him.

btw im on about our keeper and not our manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I despise what David Moyes has done to my club. He truly is a cancer that needs to be eradicated

I know well the players are that good but there is no excuse to how ****ing bad we are. You cant blame the players ****ing dreadful tactics, you cant blame the players for awful team selection and you cant blame them a piss poor transfer window.

I cant stand anymore what he's doing to my club.

What was wrong with both today? Or are you talking in general?

• Advertisement

At this stage I wouldn't mind not beating Sunderland because we will be hammered in the final by City if we did get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Depressing -

our performances this season
    our tactics
    our team selections
    constantly persisting with dross players like Young and Valencia
    our injuries (not Moyes fault 99% of the time)

If he doesn't sign anyone this window to try and boost the squad and we end up missing out on top 4 then Moyes should go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

imagine if Everton get 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

We've lost 4 of our last 5 games that's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Am I the only one who believes that on another day we could have got a draw out of that? ... lack of guile up front is astonishing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irishfeen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who believes that on another day we could have got a draw out of that? ... lack of guile up front is astonishing.

We can't talk about ifs and buts, we can only talk about how we're actually doing. And right now, we are doing horribly. There's no prizes handed out for effort at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Moyes built a very good team for Martinez to takeover at Everton.

Writing him off is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chagan wrote: »
    The internet went on the bus so I missed the last three minutes or so. What did Rafael do? Sounds nasty whatever it was.

Won me a few Euro, the petulant little child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    We've lost 4 of our last 5 games that's ridiculous.

We've won 5 of our last 7 premier league games. Stop being a tabloid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

keane2097 wrote: »

Why?

We can't talk about ifs and buts, we can only talk about how we're actually doing. And right now, we are doing horribly. There's no prizes handed out for effort at the end of the season.
    Of course but we were missing RVP and Rooney - first goal was a real killer and totally against the run of play.

• Advertisement

We've won 5 of our last 7 premier league games. Stop being a tabloid.

Or 5 of the last 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

RobertKK wrote: »

Good, but not great. Not United standard.

Moyes lacked the ability to bring them further. 11 years, no trophies. No winning mentality that United needs now more than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Given United are reigning champions and are one of the richest clubs in the world, I really don't think mid table is good enough.

However more inaction by Moyes in this transfer window tacitly suggests things are good enough as they are.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    At this stage I wouldn't mind not beating Sunderland because we will be hammered in the final by City if we did get through.
    Get to fcuk ... :mad:

adox wrote: »
    Why?

David Moyes is not a cancer. Cancer is a very serious disease that can kill people.
    Moyes is not potentially killing anyone and calling him a cancer is making little of those who are fighting the disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Yeah, and Martinez has gotten the best out of those players in a completely different style while making Barkley the focus of the team as well as selling one of the best players Moyes used and making three excellent signings in McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku.

Everton have looked like a much better team this season than they ever did under Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

David Moyes is not a cancer. Cancer is a very serious disease that can kill people.
    Moyes is not potentially killing anyone and calling him a cancer is making little of those who are fighting the disease.

That's not the only use of the word though.

It can be used the way headshot used it, it's not a dig at the disease.

People are getting easily outraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Unlucky today lads, thought you played very well in the first half but some bad defending cost a few silly goals. RVP and Rooney back and I'd bet on United to finish top 4. I'm happy Hernandez didn't start. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Surely if Moyes doesn't sign a few players now we won't get top 4. And surely that would be the end of him unless we win the Champions League? He's destroying the club. He is a poor manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looking at goals again the players are making so many easy mistakes

• Advertisement

Listen, I get what you're saying. But it's obvious he's using it as an adjective in a metaphorical way and doesn't mean any disrespect to anyone who is sick. So rather than trying to pick apart an argument because of the metaphor being chosen and calling political correctness, can we not stick to actually discussing Moyes and the damage he's doing or not doing at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah would ya go ask me bollix. I ****ing know what cancer is and I don't see the problem with using the word as a description of his tenure at Utd.

Making little of those fighting the disease. GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

100% agree. could certainly have been a different game with RVP and/or rooney playing too. 4 or 5 good chances created that nobody got on the end of as welbeck kept dropping back further in the box rather than getting in front of goal and valencia should have been coming in the back post. first half i just couldnt believe we were 2 nil down given how we had played. arguably should have had a peno for the challenge on welbeck when he shot straight at cech. sickened. didnt expect much from today but the first half was giving me hope. was probably the best back 4 we could have played even with an ageing evra at left back carrick and jones were doing an ok job but jones looked off the pace a bit. januzaj was class again but nobody else (until hernandez came on) was up to it up front. first goal the deflection certainly gave them a huge bit of luck other 2 goals were poorly defended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That's bollox tbh. It's perfectly acceptable to use as a descriptive term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

13 days left and 200m warchest gathering dust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Irish94 wrote: »
    What was wrong with both today? Or are you talking in general?

General and today for team selection. Playing Jones who is only back from injury is terrible managing. I cant get over that decision tbh, what is he thinking?

Also you could say tactics too. Playing Jan so far up the field during the first half is ridiculous. I felt is fair stupid to leave Valencia on the field, he should of came off instead of Young and put on Jan on the right and Young on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

keane2097 wrote: »

Rule #1 on this thread is to ignore everything Headshot says. The ignore button is great for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

People need to stop with the Moyes trash talk, we were unfortunate today in a game where we we're missing RVP/Rooney against a team we haven't had much luck against on their turf!
    Could have walked with a draw had we been more clinical and not conceded so early in the manner in which we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Get to fcuk ... :mad:

He has a point, we don't need the Europa and we don't need to get embarrassed by City.

I'd rather concentrate on trying to claw 4th place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

J. Marston wrote: »
    Toddle off to Galatasaray, Vidic.

I'd prefer you to toddle off the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

That's pushing it a bit. Barry, McCarthy, Lukaku and Barkley (rarely played under Moyes) are all Martinez projects. Coleman and Miralles are also much better players under Martinez.

Howard, Jag & Distin, Baines and Fellaini were absolutely key to Moyes' Everton. Not the case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

adox wrote: »
    Ah would ya go ask me bollix. I ****ing know what cancer is and I don't see the problem with using the word as a description of his tenure at Utd.

Making little of those fighting the disease. GTFO.

maybe you dont mind it but some people who have lost people to that(myself included) may not appreciate it being used in such a way.

That's not the only use of the word though.

It can be used the way headshot used it, it's not a dig at the disease.

People are getting easily outraged.

I don't like anyone being called a cancer, it is writing them off as being irredeemably bad, a thing that will never do any good but will work to hurt one.

In every sense it is wrong to call Moyes a cancer, he doesn't go out to make Man Utd lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I don't like anyone being called a cancer, it is writing them off as being irredeemably bad, a thing that will never do any good but will work to hurt one.

In every sense it is wrong to call Moyes a cancer, he doesn't go out to make Man Utd lose.

Dont be so precious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not having Rooney and RvP available is killing us. Pathetic up front.
    Take the 2 best attacking players out of any team and they will have problems.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    People need to stop with the Moyes trash talk, we were unfortunate today...

But it's not just today, despite how the people defending Moyes constantly want to limit the discussion to the last 90 minutes. It's not just this game, it's this season as a whole, including the games, the transfer windows...everything. Every aspect of his "reign" as manager.

We were unfortunate today, and against Sunderland, and West Brom, and Everton, and Newcastle.....at some stage, we have to stop calling it bad fortune and start calling it a trend.

Dont be so precious

But is there anything good about cancer, are you saying everything about Moyes is bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Ifs, buts and maybes. We weren't good enough today and that has been a reoccurring theme this year. Poor selection today by Moyes. I felt the eleven that played well last week should have started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Vidic absolutely should not have been sent off. Farcical decision. Meanwhile Azpi and Luiz go unpunished for a clear foul in the penalty box and leading with an arm into a united player respectively. So much going down easy from Tony V today. Football is becoming a non contact sport lads.

beno619 wrote: »
    He has a point, we don't need the Europa and we don't need to get embarrassed by City.

I'd rather concentrate on trying to claw 4th place.
    Ah for fcuk sake - are you for real? ... so you'd prefer not to be in the final of a cup competition? - I've heard it all now! Manchester United being afraid to play City my hole! .... we'll beat the fcukers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement