Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Ye I'd say he's chuffed at the current league position. Christ above.

The team clearly needs fresh blood to challenge for top 4.

Sure no worries, don't address the issue now, wait til summer.
    Sure if its hard to get players in the summer then wait for next year.
    Whenever he's ready we can rectify the glaring deficiencies, no hurry now, he can always buy 10 new players in 2 years time, that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

irishfeen wrote: »
    Hand on heart Kew when it went to 2-0 I thought we were very very much still in the match - the fact we had played all the football and had kept a brilliant Chelsea midfield largely under wraps meant the match was still not over.

We needed to score first after the break but unfortunately Chelsea got the break - if we had scored instead of Chelsea then a draw was very possible. If we played like we did today all season we would not be 7th in the league ...

The positive that can be taken from today is that the team put a performance in. I know that should be a given at Man Utd but the fact is that the team have not been performing for large parts of the season. I expected no points today and it's what we got but I personally believe that the team will improve in this half of the season.

The team clearly needs fresh blood to challenge for top 4.

Sure no worries, don't address the issue now, wait til summer.
    Sure if its hard to get players in the summer then wait for next year.
    Whenever he's ready we can rectify the glaring deficiencies, no hurry now, he can always buy 10 new players in 2 years time, that's grand.

What are you dribbling on about? Who said we don't need players and now?

Do you think Moyes is trying to sign players this window, yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

redzerdrog wrote: »
    he has been your best CB for about 3 seasons now imo

Not a chance imo. There was a clear improvement in defending when Vidic came back half way through last season.

Evans made another of his classic fúck ups, losing Cahill at the corner that led to the second goal.

Hand on heart Kew when it went to 2-0 I thought we were very very much still in the match - the fact we had played all the football and had kept a brilliant Chelsea midfield largely under wraps meant the match was still not over.

We needed to score first after the break but unfortunately Chelsea got the break - if we had scored instead of Chelsea then a draw was very possible. If we played like we did today all season we would not be 7th in the league ...

Chelsea's midfield is nowhere near brilliant. Let's not lose sight of where we are and who we were playing today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The positive that can be taken from today is that the team put a performance in. I know that should be a given at Man Utd but the fact is that the team have not been performing for large parts of the season. I expected no points today and it's what we got but I personally believe that the team will improve in this half of the season.
    Yeah i'm sure the players are fully aware that Moyes is going nowhere soon - every single player in the United squad is now playing for their place at Manchester United - they will either be with Moyes during his rebuilding process or will vacate the red jersey, many of which could struggle to attract interest from league winning sides across the continent - apart from Rooney there isn't many of them that would be wanted by Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc.

Its time for the players to take responsibility for the mess they/we find ourselves in.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Chelsea's midfield is nowhere near brilliant. Let's not lose sight of where we are and who we were playing today.
    Chelsea have one of the finest midfield's in Europe - if their midfield is no where near brilliant then ours is lower league stuff ... Hazard, Mata and Oscar would all walk into most teams in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Chelsea have one of the finest midfield's in Europe - if there midfield is no where near brilliant then ours are lower league players... Hazard, Mata and Oscar would all walk into most teams in Europe.

Think hes referring to luiz and ramires as a pairing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We really should be picking up 9 points in the next 3 games. We should be winning them all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

https://t.co/9JXCeOoFMz

Not sure if I posted this right, but it's a bit of a laugh.

• Advertisement

Its time for the players to take responsibility for the mess they/we find ourselves in.

I suggest a method whereby if a player plays very well, they keep their place.
    If they play consistently poorly they lose their place.

I know it's unlikely to be introduced at this stage, but it might motivate the players somewhat

Possibly but luiz and ramires would have made the United team today.

Yeah i'm sure the players are fully aware that Moyes is going nowhere soon - every single player in the United squad is now playing for their place at Manchester United - they will either be with Moyes during his rebuilding process or will vacate the red jersey, many of which could struggle to attract interest from league winning sides across the continent - apart from Rooney there isn't many of them that would be wanted by Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc.

I agree largely. Players have under performed. There is no getting away from it. They haven't been helped by Moyes either in large parts but some of the players have been disgraceful at times.

I do see a change in the players attitudes recently though. Seems to be more fight in them. I'm not condoning Rafael's challenge today but a part of me was glad to see him frustrated and lunging into challenges at the end. Shows he cares and was angry at the scoreline IMO.

Chelsea have one of the finest midfield's in Europe - if there midfield is no where near brilliant then ours is lower league stuff ... Hazard, Mata and Oscar would all walk into most teams in Europe.

You're only looking at the attacking midfield (and Mata didn't play), the other side of their midfield is a whole other story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    We really should be picking up 9 points in the next 3 games. We should be winning them all day long

A lot of things "should" be happening this season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Comparing Rooney to rugby, GAA and American footballers is pointless. Of course he is a lot less stocky than all of them, but football players also do a lot more running than all of them.

I wouldn't know a lot about rugby, but yes I would be surprised if John Hayes would have the same training schedule as Johnny Sexton. I would think that would be obvious enough that it wouldn't need pointing out. Also, from what I understand, rugby players have to use a lot of PEDs just to keep themselves healthy enough to train at the elite level.

In combat sport training (mma, boxing, wrestling, etc), which is what I would know about, the guys who are more naturally built for running are allowed rely on it more. Whereas the guys who may have issues because of their build will plan to do less running and look more towards things like plyometrics, high intensity intervals, swimming and things like that. They'll still run a lot, but usually not as much. It's all about managing the training to fit the athlete. So when you here about a stocky footballer, who has had issues with injuries throughout his career, talking about how he has been doing much more running, that is a worry.

You've taken the example with the biggest difference in physique and weight in Hayes and Sexton. I'd be more interested in those that are closer in size but noticeably different. Rooney is only marginally stockier than his counterparts. Not enough for it to make a difference imo. Valencia is a similar height and build, no real injury problems this year despite completing the same training as Rooney. Frank Lampard is 2 or 3 inches taller but around 10 kg heavier according to the Internet (best I can do) and built well. Ivanovic is another that is built sturdily. Guaranteed they run the same number of shuttles, the same distance for long distance runs as the likes of Ramires.

We could do this all night but suffice to say, I think that our poor start has caused people to see meaning and error in certain areas that may or may not be factors in our poor form.

If Moyes has played RVP when it wasn't the best idea from a medical standpoint, then it's a mistake, but a mistake borne out of the need for instant results in an environment in which people will be calling for your head if you don't hit the ground running. Pun intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yeah. Playing a centre back in midfield is just asking for trouble. :pac:

I agree largely. Players have under performed. There is no getting away from it. They haven't been helped by Moyes either in large parts but some of the players have been disgraceful at times.

I do see a change in the players attitudes recently though. Seems to be more fight in them. I'm not condoning Rafael's challenge today but a part of me was glad to see him frustrated and lunging into challenges at the end. Shows he cares and was angry at the scoreline IMO.
    Yeah at first I was saying to myself get in there Rafael lad :o but it was an awful tackle... shows the little lad cares about the club alot though.

You're only looking at the attacking midfield (and Mata didn't play), the other side of their midfield is a whole other story.
    Aye but we actually did extremely well in the tackle and general tempo to keep the attacking players quiet - that fcuking deflection was sickening, ruined 18 minutes of good work (actually dominated Chelsea in parts and they seemed genuinely surprised with the Man Utd aggression) in an instant and took any pressure off Chelsea.

We also have no goals coming from midfield.

I notice with other teams, when play opens up on front of a midfielder they often take a shot from range.
    United don't do that.

Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Ince, all were not afraid to take a shot.
    Even Nani from the current bunch.

Carrick, Fletcher, Jones, Cleverly or whatever combination they use just don't have goals in them.
    Doesn't help when Valencia also is such a notoriously low scorer.(ok, I know he got one recently, but in general )

If our strikers don't score, next most likely are Vidic from a corner, or possibly Evra.

Our fit strikers, Welbeck and Hernandez actually are scoring goals, but it's not enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Going over on Wednesday. First game of the season.

Its gonna be strange going into Sam Platts with the team in the situation its in.

We also have no goals coming from midfield.

I notice with other teams, when play opens up on front of a midfielder they often take a shot from range.
    United don't do that.

Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Ince, all were not afraid to take a shot.
    Even Nani from the current bunch.

Carrick, Fletcher, Jones, Cleverly or whatever combination they use just don't have goals in them.
    Doesn't help when Valencia also is such a notoriously low scorer.(ok, I know he got one recently, but in general )

If our strikers don't score, next most likely are Vidic from a corner, or possibly Evra.

Our fit strikers, Welbeck and Hernandez actually are scoring goals, but it's not enough
    Yeah looking at Scholes PL goals today it was a distinct difference - often the commentator would say after he scored that United had done nothing but somehow lead from a wonder strike from Scholes ... we're missing goals out of nothing massively - that bit of individual brilliance.

You've taken the example with the biggest difference in physique and weight in Hayes and Sexton. I'd be more interested in those that are closer in size but noticeably different. Rooney is only marginally stockier than his counterparts. Not enough for it to make a difference imo. Valencia is a similar height and build, no real injury problems this year despite completing the same training as Rooney. Frank Lampard is 2 or 3 inches taller but around 10 kg heavier according to the Internet (best I can do) and built well. Ivanovic is another that is built sturdily. Guaranteed they run the same number of shuttles, the same distance for long distance runs as the likes of Ramires.

Yeah, that's not guaranteed at all really.
    We could do this all night but suffice to say, I think that our poor start has caused people to see meaning and error in certain areas that may or may not be factors in our poor form.

I'm not one of these people who constantly complains about what Moyes says in the press, the substitutions he makes or the team selections. I don't fly off the handle regarding his transfer activity or talk about him lacking experience of the big leagues. I'm not the type to look for errors in every little thing that he does because I know that the only thing that really matters is winning games and getting the team playing effective football.

I'm not bringing up the things that Moyes said that relate to injury prevention and management on spec as a stick to beat him with. I'm bringing it up in response to the people using injuries as a mitigation for our utterly shít performance this season. I think when a manager says silly things in relation to injury prevention and management he loses the injuries excuse.
    If Moyes has played RVP when it wasn't the best idea from a medical standpoint, then it's a mistake, but a mistake borne out of the need for instant results in an environment in which people will be calling for your head if you don't hit the ground running. Pun intended.

Managing injuries badly in order to chase results half way through the season is a poor strategy.

Aye but we actually did extremely well in the tackle and general tempo to keep the attacking players quiet - that fcuking deflection was sickening, ruined 18 minutes of good work (actually dominated Chelsea in parts and they seemed genuinely surprised with the Man Utd aggression) in an instant and took any pressure off Chelsea.

There were definitely positives. I've been seeing various positives amongst the shíte all season. But I think we shouldn't lose sight of where the team is at, nor hype Chelsea up too much. If Chelsea really had had a brilliant midfield today we would have been annihilated imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

I think Michael Carrick is looking more and more replaceable with each game this season. Januzay is now probably the only Midfielder who is not under threat. Carrick is falling slowly back into his shell - nothing going forward, very little in defense and nothing creative.

master-t wrote: »
    I think Michael Carrick is looking more and more replaceable with each game this season. Januzay is now probably the only Midfielder who is not under threat. Carrick is falling slowly back into his shell - nothing going forward, very little in defense and nothing creative.

Thought Carrick played well today personally. Particularly in the first half. Was first to the breaking ball and his passing was quick and sharp. Started some of our better attacks if I recall correctly. Let's not forget he's only recently back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

How Hernandez wasn't brought on earlier is beyond me. He is a far superior goalscorer to Welbeck. On top of that we had absolutely zero backup from midfield on the attack. Far too many times we relied on the forward players to make something without any midfielders anticipating a second chance. This is something that has been common in most matches this season.

Also, for the love of God stop playing Jones in midfield. He is not a midfielder.

There were definitely positives. I've been seeing various positives amongst the shíte all season. But I think we shouldn't lose sight of where the team is at, nor hype Chelsea up too much. If Chelsea really had had a brilliant midfield today we would have been annihilated imo.
    Don't worry I don't think there is many United fans loosing sight of where we are at .... We are in trouble - no doubt about that but we didn't play badly today and if we play like today in the next 16 PL games we will finish top 4. Couple that with Rooney and RVP's return and it's not all doom and gloom just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Someone was saying earlier that there was no movement in the box from crosses but why would there be when the crosses are random, there's no method to the madness, 90% of the time it's just a hit and hope or a thunderblot blasted in from Valencia.

The day we stop crossing will be a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

master-t wrote: »

I thought Carrick looked pretty good early on. The whole team seemed to start with a lot of confidence. But when Chelsea scored, he spent the rest of the game doing his Darron Gibson impression. Taking the easy and negative option with the ball.....and doing a lot of running when the opposition had it but never actually getting a tackle in.

I'd have hooked him tbh. I know United don't have a lot in there at the moment but he offered nothing in the second half.

Kirby wrote: »
    I thought Carrick looked pretty good early on. The whole team seemed to start with a lot of confidence. But when Chelsea scored, he spent the rest of the game doing his Darron Gibson impression. Taking the easy and negative option with the ball.....and doing a lot of running when the opposition had it but never actually getting a tackle in.

I'd have hooked him tbh. I know United don't have a lot in there at the moment but he offered nothing in the second half.

3 tackles, 8 interceptions and a clearance - I don't think you can criticise his defensive contribution that much today.

Carrick hasn't been so bad this season imo. Taking into account the negative influence of Moyes on our play, I'd say Carrick has been about his normal level. Not as bad as some people are making out now, not so good that he's going to be a part of a top level possession team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

3 tackles, 8 interceptions and a clearance - I don't think you can criticise his defensive contribution that much today.

I'd be interested to know what they classed as an "interception". For example at one point Willian kicked it straight to him. Surely that's not an interception? And also to know how many of these interceptions came in the first 30 minutes as opposed to the last 60. :)

Still, leaving stats aside, I thought the united team as a whole kind of disappeared after half time. I know its tricky being behind away from home but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Januzaj isn't good enough at making space for himself and moving into areas to receive the ball to be playing as the no. 10. Then again Kagawa is the only player who has shown any ability on this front this season and only given short amounts of time to do so. Jan is far better on the wing as it stands.

How Moyes thought Young and Valencia coukd cut it in another big game after the City debacle is beyond me. My only regret is after saying on here before the game Chelsea would get at least 3 goals I didn't bet on it.

Kirby wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know what they classed as an "interception". For example at one point Willian kicked it straight to him. Surely that's not an interception? And also to know how many of these interceptions came in the first 30 minutes as opposed to the last 60. :)

Still, leaving stats aside, I thought the united team as a whole kind of disappeared after half time. I know its tricky being behind away from home but still.

3 in the first 30 minutes, 3 in the second 30 minutes and 2 in the final 30. So a pretty even spread overall. (squawka.com)

I haven't checked on these particular interceptions, but any time I've checked in the past they are pretty sensible in when the assign an interception or a tackle to a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I learned a valuable lesson in Statistics this week. Something fairly obvious - that they are vastly irrelevant.

Ronnie O' Sullivan v Ricky Walden in the Masters snooker 1/4 final. Ronnie was supreme.

They usually flash up some stats such as Long Pot Success, Safety Success and crucially Pot Success.

At 5-0 to Ronnie, on the verge of whitewashing his opponent, the stats read:

Pot Success:

Ronnie - 97%
    Walden - 100%

Behind the stats , Walden potted all 11 balls he went for whilst Ronnie missed 2 balls out of the 113 he potted!

Point being, if you take stats in a vacuum they can tell you anything and can be spun any way you want them spun.

To the naked eye, Willian, Hazard and Oscar were far superior and made Uniteds central midfield look inept, lethargic, legless, predictable and hugely ineffective at times in the 2nd half.

The embarrassing part is Moyes BEST option to play off the striker was Wellbeck ......who, lets face it, is a striker.....yet you have Mata sat getting splinters on the bench for chelsea, who also had Oscar and Hazard on the pitch, both of whom would walk into the United side in that role.

Mind boggling how Moyes pursued Fabregas, Fellaini and Baines half the summer whilst Ozil was clearly available and lets be real about this - whilst Ozil is not pulling up trees in a Messi/Ronaldo fashion, his signing alone would have seen United get the boost Arsenal got.

Title is long gone but to my mind top 4 is also long gone. When Everton win tomorrow that'll be 3 sides 6 points or more ahead in the race for 4th. Given United need to a) put on a serious run and b) hope THREE rivals all go on poor runs, then the common sense answer is 4th is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

It was actually depressing watching the Scholes goals show on Sky earlier for a number of reasons. The first being that it could be a long long time before we reach those heights again consistently and I'm starting to think that I didn't appreciate them fully when they were here.:(

Also, every single attack shown, there were reinforcements in numbers coming from midfield with any number of options available to the man with the ball.
    Today in one instance during the first half when we were on top and when Janujaz was tearing them apart, I was roaring at the tv wanting someone to get into the box to support him but all we had was Wellbeck standing stuck to the penalty spot and Valencia anchored outside the box standing still. Nobody else was in shot at all. Only after Janujaz crossed the ball did either player move.

A lack of movement seems to be a more standard thing this year from the forward players. I don't know how often during a game, one of the centre backs strolls out with the ball, looks for a pass, waves his arms in frustration before passing it sideways. Maybe its just standing out in my mind now but it seems to happen a lot.

I learned a valuable lesson in Statistics this week. Something fairly obvious - that they are vastly irrelevant.

Ronnie O' Sullivan v Ricky Walden in the Masters snooker 1/4 final. Ronnie was supreme.

They usually flash up some stats such as Long Pot Success, Safety Success and crucially Pot Success.

At 5-0 to Ronnie, on the verge of whitewashing his opponent, the stats read:

Pot Success:

Ronnie - 97%
    Walden - 100%

Behind the stats , Walden potted all 11 balls he went for whilst Ronnie missed 2 balls out of the 113 he potted!

Point being, if you take stats in a vacuum they can tell you anything and can be spun any way you want them spun.

To the naked eye it was obvious that Carrick did plenty on the defensive side of the ball. The stats happen to back that up.

Edit: Also, your snooker story isn't very relevant. Pot success percentage with no mention of number of pots attempted is obviously a fairly useless bit of information for determining who has had the better game.

In this particular conversation though, Kirby was criticising Carrick for doing a lot of running while defending but not getting tackles in. The fact that he got 8 interceptions (way above any type of normal number of interceptions) shows that his defensive running was actually being effective.

It doesn't show that United had the better of the play, and I didn't use it to try and show that. But it does show that Carrick was doing a lot of effective defensive work for his part.
    To the naked eye, Willian, Hazard and Oscar were far superior and made Uniteds central midfield look inept, lethargic, legless, predictable and hugely ineffective at times in the 2nd half.

Are you saying that Carrick didn't defend well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Where do we go from here?
    What needs to be done?
    What do expect as a fan?
    Moyes in?out? or wait till end of season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

What needs to be done?
    What do expect as a fan?
    Was just thinking this as Guns n Roses blast out Sweet Child O Mine on Today FM at the moment.

• Advertisement

Was just thinking this as Guns n Roses blast out Sweet Child O Mine on Today FM at the moment.

Guns and Roses and Stone Roses ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What needs to be done?
    What do expect as a fan?

Rally as a club, focus on getting 4th spot and carling cup is possible. Move into next round of CL if we can. But 4th main focus

Stern kick up the arse to players who are slacking. Clearout of the mediocre now and in summer. Invest and recruit wisely. Get our business done early, the real test is next year.

I expect the club to be united, and solid. I could not for the life of me fathom the divisions among fans. This was going to be a tough year, and it's only being made tougher by poor performances and attitudes by the playing staff.

In, for atleast three seasons. Unless we find ourselves fighting relegation, this man should be given time, and I would highly disagree with anyone who thinks otherwise.

People should remember we have no god given right to win titles or be challenging for them. It requires work and effort, both of which I think the playing staff have failed misrebly at. Players get off too easy in the modern game. This was a monumental task replacing SAF, and when it was done, the squad should be busting a gut to ensure the manager is not being let down, and made an easy target.

I'm sure Moyes recognises the position he is in, and the flack he is getting, and I don't think it will be long before someone is out the door(of more significant brand then Anderson) and the group get a nice big shock.

Also I fear that the writing is on the wall for Kagawa. Not being played in the no.10 role today pretty much says it all to me that he is gone in the summer, in a makeshift deal potentially for Reus or Gundogan. If I'm honest as much as I like him as a player and think he is a neat and talented, he has not imposed himself into the squad, regardless of the ready made excuse that he is being used as a square peg in a round hole. He should be forcing his selection. He just hasn't been effective enough and I don't think I'll see him at the club next summer unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What is the point of Tony Valencia?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

kryogen wrote: »
    What is the point of Tony Valencia?

To use as a right back when we're chasing a goal.

What needs to be done?
    What do expect as a fan?

Nothing has changed with today's game imo. Just like nothing had changed with the last game against Swansea. Lot's of United fans (I'm not saying necessarily you personally) looking for turning points or collapses this season, but the truth is that results and performances have been steady all season. Whatever your opinions on Moyes before today, I can't see anything new that happened in this game that would change anybody's opinion's on him as United manager.

Nothing has changed with today's game imo. Just like nothing had changed with the last game against Swansea. Lot's of United fans (I'm not saying necessarily you personally) looking for turning points or collapses this season, but the truth is that results and performances have been steady all season. Whatever your opinions on Moyes before today, I can't see anything new that happened in this game that would change anybody's opinion's on him as United manager.

Well I agree there to most part. I expected to lose. I guess I expected poor display although was hoping for different.

But its another nail in the coffin all the same, even if its Chelsea away rather then a Cardiff or WBA.

Moyes has to do something before end of month. We need a signing. I was told last month nothing was in pipeline. I was hoping it was wrong.

Deep down I dont think we will buy now, but if we dont get Top 4 without changing things about nobody to blame but Moyes and he will have to take 100% responsibility.

TheDoc wrote: »
    In, for atleast three seasons. Unless we find ourselves fighting relegation, this man should be given time, and I would highly disagree with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Not sure about this lad.

He has a expectation to meet all the same.

We are a club who have always been most dangerous when people smile at us.

But Moyes seems to be letting off this vibe that this season is a bit of a experiment. That aint good enough. I want to fight. I want to see change in our playing style. I want him to take a chance.

Had Kagawa started today in his best position I think lot of us would have defended him and said least he took a chance.

His selections are too safe, too predictable. No plan B. Same tactics. At least if he was mixing it up 90% of fans would appreciate it and accept at least he is trying to change.

What bothers me loads about the team is they are visibly much more fatigued at the end of games now, nothing is held in reserve for when the other team tires. Its sad that we have gone from a team that is most likely to score significant late goals to a team that looks more likely to concede them largely.

kryogen wrote: »
    What bothers me loads about the team is they are visibly much more fatigued at the end of games now, nothing is held in reserve for when the other team tires. Its sad that we have gone from a team that is most likely to score significant late goals to a team that looks more likely to concede them largely.

and that's sad.

So no reason given as to why he again dropped Kagawa after a good performance in his natural position when he was the best option available

Young and Valencia both played, Valencia is the most mind boggling to me, and this is not just a criticism of Moyes, he must be a serious teachers pet because Fergie played him all the time too and he has under performed for a long time now.

A signing is needed this window, if for nothing other then to give the squad a lift, inject some new life into it. Of course we want players who will improve the team long term, not just quick fixes, but there are certainly players who could be brought in that fulfill the criteria without being the Fabregas' or Vidals of this world

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement