Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheDoc wrote: »
    That's a bit of speculative comment to make. With no real basis for it. the likelyhood is that with the return or Rooney, RVP and a settling of form we can easily get top 4. I'd back us to finish top 4 any day of the week.

We could just as easily land top 4, bring in serious big hitters in the window, and Rooney signup to a new deal and finally get an uninterupted season of form from him.

All speculative, one as likely to happen as the other
    We score more with Rooney and RVP, but they won't significantly improve our defence or ability to controlt he middle of the park.

I really wouldn't say we could just as easily finish top 4 as outside it - I would say we are far more likely to not make top 4 at this point. I don't think Rooney and RVP along is going to be enough to tip the balance of our season. There is too much else wrong with the team and tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If we criticise Moyes for players' bad performances, then he certainly deserves praise for Rooney's good performances.

However, regarding not selling him, it's my suspicion that the only club that that showed concrete interest in him and actually made a reasonable bid was Chelsea.
    So it was simply a case of "Welcome to the job. Decision 1: do you want to sell your best player to your biggest rivals or keep him?"

I'm not sure if any non-English clubs made any genuine bids.

I agree. For as much as the British press would like to make Rooney out as world class, he unfortunately isnt in that bracket outside of England. When he tried his last contract meddling, he had received unofficial assurances via his agent that foreign clubs would be interested, most notibly Real Madrid. however when it came to write the cheque no one came forward and Rooney rounded and signed a new contract with united.

I think he hasn't and never will reach the potential he should have, and I think it's because of various factors surrounding him. That Ronaldo went on to outshine him entirely was something I didn't expect.

I don't see Rooney personally wanting to play abroad unless it's Real Madrid or Barcalona, so the only viable club in England would be Chelsea.

He is in an unusual situation of a player that has the shrowd of "World Class" yet big teams do not, and have not, wanted him.

If I was cynical, this seasons good performances might just as well be reminding everyone in the world how good he "can" be, and maybe revitilise some interest ahead of a summer move.

Alot f heavy links with Cavani which have come out of nowhere, for someone that has only moved to France. Signing Cavani would go along way to easen the blow of Rooney's departure if it happened.

Personally if I really think about it, I don't see Rooney going to Chelsea. I can see Chelsea picking up Falcao in the summer and taking back Lukaku and that being it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If ever anyone wanted Guarin then be prepared to be disappointed. He is moving to Juve on a swap deal involving Vucinic.

At least I'm happy. No Guarin to ManUtd for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

He was injured.
    Ah........

Carry on so.

He was unable to jump (or just didn't want to) for the corner that led to the 3rd goal due to the injury which gave Cahill a clear sight of the ball (Obviously Evans was the main fault for the goal by losing his man).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

So is Vidic suspended for the league cup game v Sunderland, or just premier league?

If he is, and Evra is injured,
    back 4 could be
    Rafael-Evans-smalling-Buttner

I wonder is there any chance of a return for Fletcher or Kagawa?

Even better if Rooney or RVP could return, but that might be a bit hopeful

he will be banned for the league cup game and the next 2 league games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

brinty wrote: »
    Ok lads we all seem to able Moyes bash and back up in equal measures...but here's a question.

What positives has he brought to the table thus far?? What stand out moments has he delivered??

I asked this last night and the only answer people can give is that he plays Januzaj and Rooney didn't leave. Frankly, if thats the best people can offer then its quite a damning indictment of Moyes reign so far.
    Deserves alot of credit for not only having to deal with that in his first few weeks in charge, but then getting some tremendous performances out of him.

Give him credit then, but like I say, is that it? Is that the only positive from his reign so far?
    That's a bit of speculative comment to make. With no real basis for it. the likelyhood is that with the return or Rooney, RVP and a settling of form we can easily get top 4. I'd back us to finish top 4 any day of the week.

I think people have been saying this since October/November, but here we are in January, still playing utter crap and no nearer to starting to overtake the teams ahead of us. Maybe next month eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The club's biggest mistake appointing an unproven Manager in the same season their CEO leaves the club. Meant starting the transfer window with a manager and CEO who were new to their job was a disastrous decision.

Moyes biggest mistake getting rid of world class coaches and replacing them with coaches who have no experience at this level. He needs especially a top class assistant manager who is a good tactician.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Al Capwned wrote: »
    20 years.
    1482784_569782676430849_1075267404_n.jpg

If you are Valencia, you are good enough..
    ---- David Moyes/Alex Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    If ever anyone wanted Guarin then be prepared to be disappointed. He is moving to Juve on a swap deal involving Vucinic.

At least I'm happy. No Guarin to ManUtd for sure :D

Guarin to Juve and Vidal to United.Perfect.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Guarin to Juve and Vidal to United.Perfect.

And Pogba, don't forget Pogba! and Marchisio... in fact any of their midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The bolded part really is a load of crap. He didn't get a game under Fergie and Moyes has managed him well. He has protected him and not overused him. Look at what Rodgers done to Sterling last year in comparison burnt him out instead of phasing him into the team. Moyes has made lots of mistakes but his managing of Janjuaz is by far his biggest positive.

I actually think Moyes made a mistake with Januzaj yesterday. He is overusing him at present, and making an 18 year old the focal point of your attack in a crunch match against one of the biggest clubs in England was a mistake in my opinion.

Januzaj didn't embarrass himself, but he shouldn't have had that pressure dumped upon him, not least because Moyes didn't really need to do it. Kagawa finished the Swansea match very well, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to finally use him in his proper position and leave Januzaj out wide where he would have less pressure or attention from the Chelsea defenders.

The kid is 18, Moyes shouldn't be using him as our main man in these big games, its not good for him long term. My opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

The bolded part really is a load of crap. He didn't get a game under Fergie and Moyes has managed him well. He has protected him and not overused him.

debatable but i think he will end up overusing him.

We could just as easily land top 4, bring in serious big hitters in the window, and Rooney signup to a new deal and finally get an uninterupted season of form from him.

All speculative, one as likely to happen as the other

we're getting further and further away from top 4 in terms of points.

You're entitled to believe we will turn it around but it won't happen imo.

I actually think Moyes made a mistake with Januzaj yesterday. He is overusing him at present, and making an 18 year old the focal point of your attack in a crunch match against one of the biggest clubs in England was a mistake in my opinion.

Januzaj didn't embarrass himself, but he shouldn't have had that pressure dumped upon him, not least because Moyes didn't really need to do it. Kagawa finished the Swansea match very well, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to finally use him in his proper position and leave Januzaj out wide where he would have less pressure or attention from the Chelsea defenders.

The kid is 18, Moyes shouldn't be using him as our main man in these big games, its not good for him long term. My opinion of course.

I've got trust in him, as people keep saying, if they are good enough, they are old enough.

Plenty of great talent have being spotlight characters for various clubs at a young age. I've trust that Moyes and his staff will know when the boy needs a break and afford him one.

however I don't think the player, or the manager, honestly felt they would need to rely on him so much this year. However might work out nicely. with all this game time, he might see a bright future at the club and not have his head turned by any transfer talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'd back us to finish top 4 any day of the week.

Well the odds are drifting so there is money to be made if you believe that.

Discounting the top 3 who are are all massively odds on for a top 4 finish you are left with a race for 4th. Current odds on PP are :

Liverpool 10/11
    Spurs 23/10
    Man Utd 5/2
    Everton 7/2

I know Kyrogen backed Utd at I think 6/4 a few weeks back. It can happen but even at 5/2 I wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Moyes biggest mistake getting rid of world class coaches and replacing them with coaches who have no experience at this level. He needs especially a top class assistant manager who is a good tactician.

Agree fully with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

It did work well for the first 20 mins I suppose, so it wasn't that crazy an idea.
    But he was too slow to change things once it became clear it wasn't working.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Well the odds are drifting so there is money to be made if you believe that.

Discounting the top 3 who are are all massively odds on for a top 4 finish you are left with a race for 4th. Current odds on PP are :

Liverpool 10/11
    Spurs 23/10
    Man Utd 5/2
    Everton 7/2

I know Kyrogen backed Utd at I think 6/4 a few weeks back. It can happen but even at 5/2 I wouldn't touch it.

Why do people discount us from it happening though?

Totenham are on a run of form at the moment, but that could be just simply
    be the effects of a midseason managerial change. They have a big squad and Sherwood is one of those blunt fellows that is bound to annoy a few players on the way. they have big money signings there that came with expectation of game time. And not to mention their recent history of absolutely bottling it.
    Entirely possible they will fall off, and there is nothing to sugges tthey are hot favourites for 4th.

Liverpool are Liverpool. Anytime they mention themselves and "title contenders" in the same breathe, you know the outcome. I read Rodgers comments on Friday morning and went straight to B365 and put money on a draw. They talk themselves up for the inevitible fall. Doing well this year but a thin squad that could easily struggle with one or two injuries. And as suspect to a few clanger results, which I'd expect in the run in.

Make no mistake about it, I fully comprahend the task at hand. But I'd back us over Totenham, Liverpool and Everton to grab the 4th spot. For as many problems we are having, players will hopefuly soon realise the likelyhood is them being shipped out before Moyes, and start putting together coherant performances.

Simple fact is - win our next 3 games with some decent performances, with Rooney and RVP back (it is possible!) and their will be a spark about the place again. A dropped point or two from the teams above and we'll be confident again. the problem is when we play Arsenal/City then.

6 points, even if it is 3 teams ahead of us - is doable. We have to play Everton and Liverpool - wins in those games (not saying for a moment that is certain) and that is half the deficit gone.

4th place is far from impossible, but United need to actually start performing. Over December we were actually looking in quite good shape, truth be told.

March/April/May doesn't look bad in terms of fixtures. City at the very start of it, and Liverpool halfway through March will be big games, but a 6 point margin over 16 games is not impossible.

If we were sitting in 4th, 6 points off first (assuming sameish crap performances and circumstances) we wouldn't have written ourselves off a title win.

We can get 4th imo, but without a turnaround in our actual performances it will be difficult - without adding a couple of players over the next two weeks it will be difficult.

It did work well for the first 20 mins I suppose, so it wasn't that crazy an idea.
    But he was too slow to change things once it became clear it wasn't working.

i would say nearly the entire first half. the boy is about the only player (injured rooney or RVP aside) that you could expect will actually do something. some of his work around the box was great unfortunately welbeck, valencia and young were useless at getting into good positions when he delivered

I agree. For as much as the British press would like to make Rooney out as world class, he unfortunately isnt in that bracket outside of England. When he tried his last contract meddling, he had received unofficial assurances via his agent that foreign clubs would be interested, most notibly Real Madrid. however when it came to write the cheque no one came forward and Rooney rounded and signed a new contract with united.

While I do really rate Rooney,
    last summer Barcelona had already signed Neymar, and Madrid had their hearts set on Bale (plus already had Kaka, Ozil and Modrid in the ranks)
    so a move for Rooney was never likely.

Pretty good chance it was only Chelsea interested.

• Advertisement

Simple fact is - win our next 3 games with some decent performances, with Rooney and RVP back (it is possible!) and their will be a spark about the place again. A dropped point or two from the teams above and we'll be confident again. the problem is when we play Arsenal/City then.

6 points, even if it is 3 teams ahead of us - is doable. We have to play Everton and Liverpool - wins in those games (not saying for a moment that is certain) and that is half the deficit gone.

4th place is far from impossible, but United need to actually start performing. Over December we were actually looking in quite good shape, truth be told.

March/April/May doesn't look bad in terms of fixtures. City at the very start of it, and Liverpool halfway through March will be big games, but a 6 point margin over 16 games is not impossible.

If we were sitting in 4th, 6 points off first (assuming sameish crap performances and circumstances) we wouldn't have written ourselves off a title win.

We can get 4th imo, but without a turnaround in our actual performances it will be difficult - without adding a couple of players over the next two weeks it will be difficult.

This is not a bash at Cleverley because i don't want an essay from ProF. But the big positive for me is the last two games we have been more positive with the ball. Hopefully our midfielders can keep moving the ball forward instead of hoofing it forward. We created a good few chances yesterday that Rooney and RVP would have made a big difference. Hopefully get those two back and keep playing more positive football.

a draw or loss by everton tonight and them to beat liverpool in the next league game for both and us beating cardiff would change a lot and give the lads a bit more confidence. our title hops have long been dead but with a fully fit rvp and rooney for the remainder of the season and we should have enough in us to get passed the 3 of them. while i think a big signing could give everyone a boost of confidence and get us going having the 2 of them playing together with adnan should be enough for us. while we might not play pretty football they should be enough to get us over the line in 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

We've points to claw back on three teams to make the top four. We'll have to reverse the losses against Everton and Liverpool for definite, probably win at St.James' Park (definitely not lose) and can't lose at The Emirates. I've written off the game against City at home. I think it'll be a point at best but I'm definitely plumping for a loss there. This in addition to the fact that we've yet to go to the Britannia, Saint Mary's and Selhurst Park and win two if not all three of those games in all likelyhood as well. Oh, and our home form has to be completely rock solid in the games against teams lower down too. No silly points dropped against Cardiff or Villa for example. As of this very minute, that sequence is looking pretty unlikely. Making up six or seven points over sixteen games feels like a fairly tough ask given the state we're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Red_Dwarf wrote: »
    I think we are reaching that stage already

1 Arsenal 51
    2 Manchester City 50
    3 Chelsea 49
    4 Liverpool 43
    5 Tottenham Hotspur 43
    6 Everton 41
    7 Manchester United 37
    8 Newcastle United 36
    9 Southampton 31
    10 Aston Villa 24
    11 Hull City 23
    12 Norwich City 23
    13 Stoke City 22
    14 West Bromwich Albion 21
    15 Swansea City 21
    16 Crystal Palace 20
    17 Fulham 19
    18 West Ham United 18
    19 Sunderland 18

Yep and there aren't too many happy fans on this message board with that. Pursue the transfer strategy you're proposing and you'll be midtable for the medium term at least. How do you think people would handle that especially when City are winning trophies left, right and centre and plundering your best talent because you aren't competitive. United need proven players in the 25-28 age bracket, not kids who may or may not fulfill their potential.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Yep and there aren't too many happy fans on this message board with that. Pursue the transfer strategy you're proposing and you'll be midtable for the medium term at least. How do you think people would handle that especially when City are winning trophies left, right and centre and plundering your best talent because you aren't competitive. United need proven players in the 25-28 age bracket, not kids who may or may not fulfill their potential.

We need both, is the actual reality of the situation.

We need top players (like Cabaye, imo) brough in short term.
    Then sign players in the Draxler bracket, with world class potential, even if it costs a lot.

Of course United will say they are going for players that do both (Pogba, Gundogan) but I really don't put any faith in our ability to get a deal done on that level. It isn't impossible, but I can't see us getting a ready made world class talent, either now or the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

my opinions of the mistakes he has made over the last 7 months or so - along with the United board, so I am not going to rehash it now..

The above didn't last too long :p:)

:D
    Moyes also failed to sort out the midfield problem, and continued to think Valencia and Young were good enough.

He has done nothing, imo, to be worthy of placing faith and trust in him - and I won't do it simply because of a SAF soundbite.

For me, Moyes has failed at basically every juncture - i can't even stand to hear the man speak, he speaks with such weak character. Nothing he says is inspiring. It is always 'I wish we were better', 'I hope we will do better', 'We'll try to make things difficult for them'. There is not a shed of public confidence in what he says, always excuses.

Hope Woodward and Moyes pull their heads out of their asses and get something done in the next week. The club, the players and the fans need it.

To do nothing in this window after the shambles of the summer would be a damning indictment of their management of the club, and the suitability for their roles.

If they think Vidal, Gundogan or Pogba are going to want to play for a United side that finished 7th playing crap football, they are insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

When Frank Rijkaard took over Barcalona, they freefell into downfall, and halfway through his first season were on level points with the relegation zone.

The following season they had another terrible start, but ended up finishing second. Titles and champions league titles soon followed. Took him two summer transfer windows, singing in some players, removing alot of the rot, before the team started to function again at a high level.

Just saying, there are some comparisons to be drawn there.

There's a number of big differences between the 2 situations.

For a start, Rijkaard took over a club that had not won a single trophy for 4 years. They were constantly blown away by Real Madrids dominance. Moyes took over the reigning champions, who to be fair were what 3 mins away from 2 titles on the bounce.

Secondly, Rijkaard made 1 marquee signing when he came into the role - Ronaldinho. David Moyes made 1 marquee signing - Marouane Fellaini!!

Thirdly, in terms of management experience the 2 were chalk and cheese. Rijkaard had 2 positions (both brief) guiding Holland to the Euro 2000 semis (decent achievement) and getting relegated with Sparta Rotterdam (not so good).

That's 5 years worth of managerial experience and crucially only one year in club football management.

Moyes has 16 years of club management experience (Preston and Everton).

Barcelona took a risk on an ex-world-class-player with very limited managerial experience at club level. One season in the Eredivisie with Sparta isn't much (and even at that he got them relegated).

Manchester United "played it safe" with someone with vast managerial experience (with no success).

Lastly, the signing of Ronaldinho paved the way to attract stars like Deco and E'too. Also important is the fact that Rijkaard was still a huge name in world football having been a fabulous player for Milan and Ajax (and Holland). So you had a big name and a big club name to attract players.

Moyes is not a worldwide name from a playing career. Other than the fact he manages the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world, i'd guarantee a lot of top young players globally would have been asking David Who?

And at the end of the day Rijkaard had a slight element of luck on his side. It's once every generation that an outstanding crop of young players come through together. United had it with the Class of 92. Barcelona had Iniesta, Xavi etc coming through when Frank was there.

I'm pretty sure Moyes doesnt have that either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

This is not a bash at Cleverley because i don't want an essay from ProF. But the big positive for me is the last two games we have been more positive with the ball. Hopefully our midfielders can keep moving the ball forward instead of hoofing it forward. We created a good few chances yesterday that Rooney and RVP would have made a big difference. Hopefully get those two back and keep playing more positive football.

You are imagining this change in play that has supposedly happened.

Why do people discount us from it happening though?

Nobody discounts the possibility of it happening, but your confidence of getting fourth is nonsense over optimism. Of the teams we are competing with for fourth:

- Liverpool are playing much better than us and have Suarez who will do more for them than Rooney and RvP well do for us.
    - Everton are playing better than us.

- Spurs and Newcastle are playing at a similar level to us.

So that's four teems to compete with, three of whom are ahead of us on points and two who are playing better football. It's possible that we'll turn this fight around, start playing better and beat them all out, but it's just as likely that we'll fall short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The second and third goals yesterday really summed up the season so far,slack lazy defending.

Eto going up marked for the second goal,Rafael ran towards him at one stage but left him go,the third goal was another fine mess,Cahill lost Evans too easy and god only knows what Valencia was trying to do.

Noticed that myself, unfortunately there just wasnt the quality to make the pass killer, or the connected pass a finish on goal.

One point in the match Jones nearly shoved Rafael away so he could keep pushing forward on a run. More players need to show that sort of drive

Apparently Fergie has spoken to Blanc on the availability of Cavanni.

Good ol' Fergie. Our midfield is in shyte...buy a striker.

Pro. F wrote: »
    You are imagining this change in play that has supposedly happened.

You didn't notice against Swansea how much better we looked going forward. Fletcher turning and moving forward helped us create more.

Again yesterday we were positive moving the ball forward.

The last two games we played more positive football and played better football i am not imagining that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Like Rene?

Moyes took over the reigning champions, who to be fair were what 3 mins away from 2 titles on the bounce.
    Not really relating to your post but the fact that we lost the title with almost the last kick of the ball two seasons ago is clouding over the fact that the rot was already setting in that season. We threw away a non-throw-awayable lead in the league over the last few games by playing absolute muck, we played like muck in the Champions League and we played like muck in the Europa League.

Last season was strange in that City seemed to suffer a hangover from the previous year while Chelsea were doing their standard messing around with managers while also possibly suffering a hangover from the previous season. Whatever has been said about SAF since he's left, the one thing he could do was motivate a group of players and it was always a given that they would win the league last year after what happened the previous season.

Not justifying this season by any means but the bare facts that we were a kick of the ball away from winning two titles on the bounce which in theory should mean we should be performing better this season is slightly misleading imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Apparently Fergie has spoken to Blanc on the availability of Cavanni.

Good ol' Fergie. Our midfield is in shyte...buy a striker.

You know as well as I do that;

a) If Utd are after a Cavani type player then one of Rooney or RVP are heading out the door. Most likely Rooney.

b) That would be prepping for a summer transfer.

Obviously cm needs the most attention but if one of your top strikers is on the way out you have to address that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

There's definitely been and improvement in the play the last two games, we'll see if its just's a coincidence or if things have improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Some of the people blaming the manager who has brought us countless successes for 25 years need a reality check. Regardless of how poor our midfield may have been under Fergie its been good enough to win countless titles over the past 4 years.

All Moyes had to do was bring in a top midfielder and a left back. Pellegrini and Mourinho wasted no time addressing some weaknesses in their squads as soon as they arrived.

This United squad is good enough to compete regardless of injury's our mismanagement over the past 4 months has been a joke. Moyes has been truly awful and the blame should fall squarely on him and Woodward.

beno619 wrote: »
    All Moyes had to do was bring in a top midfielder and a left back. Pellegrini and Mourinho wasted no time addressing some weaknesses in their squads as soon as they arrived.

That's it in a nutshell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

...its been good enough to win countless titles over the past 4 years..

You must really suck at counting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mourinho still hasn't addressed their striker problem in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Some of the people blaming the manager who has brought us countless successes for 25 years need a reality check. Regardless of how poor our midfield may have been under Fergie its been good enough to win countless titles over the past 4 years.

This United squad is good enough to compete regardless of injury's our mismanagement over the past 4 months has been a joke. Moyes has been truly awful and the blame should fall squarely on him and Woodward.

Does it not worry you that its stone wall obvious to every united fan and opposition fan, and ye still have not done it? A very much rushed deal for Fellani in the Summer and nothing yet in this window.

Im not trying to wind up or troll but its seems pretty clear to me the club don't have the money for transfers or the Glazers are unwilling to make the investment needed. For a club the size of united that is shocking.

Mourinho still hasn't addressed their striker problem in fairness

Thats why I said "some", I assumed he's saving space in the squad for Rooney next year and has Lukaku as well.

You didn't notice against Swansea how much better we looked going forward. Fletcher turning and moving forward helped us create more.

Again yesterday we were positive moving the ball forward.

The last two games we played more positive football and played better football i am not imagining that.

You didn't notice the first half against Swansea? You didn't notice the lack of cutting edge against Chelsea, the lack of cohesion between the centre, wings and guys in the box? We've had good spells in games regularly throughout the season and we've lacked cutting edge throughout the season. Nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Mourinho didn't get his striker but he'll have Lukaku back next summer and has managed to get Chelsea two points off first regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Juve are signing a CM they must be selling one of their CMs

Probably Pogba to PSG in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Thats why I said "some", I assumed he's saving space in the squad for Rooney next year and has Lukaku as well.

Well its a fairly big oversight if you ask me. Likely to cost them the league.

No team chasing the league and european titles would leave a spot open in the hope of getting a player a year later.

Mourinho didn't get his striker but he'll have Lukaku back next summer and has managed to get Chelsea two points off first regardless.

didnt they have a bit of a public argument? i mean he would be mad to but (like fergie) mourinho strikes me as a you cross me your out kinda guy

Pro. F wrote: »
    You didn't notice the first half against Swansea? You didn't notice the lack of cutting edge against Chelsea, the lack of cohesion between the centre, wings and guys in the box? We've had good spells in games regularly throughout the season and we've lacked cutting edge throughout the season. Nothing has changed.

Not because of our centre midfield, Moyes solved one problem than created another by messing about Januzaj and Kagawa.

We have not been as negative in the past two games.

Well its a fairly big oversight if you ask me. Likely to cost them the league.

No team chasing the league and european titles would leave a spot open in the hope of getting a player a year later.

Well Chelsea are still in the title race and their strikers should be capable of scoring more goals than they have.

Mourinho clearly wants Rooney and Rooney made it clear he wanted to move to Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Well Chelsea are still in the title race and their strikers should be capable of scoring more goals than they have.

Mourinho clearly wants Rooney and Rooney made it clear he wanted to move to Chelsea.

When:confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement