Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

Back of The Telegraph tomorrow

BedOszxCIAA0ht7.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'd consider The Telegraph to be a credible source. Apparently a deal for Mata is close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its an impossible deal unless Rooney goes the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Corvo wrote: »
    It will be a huge test of Moyes to pick them up now for those league games. He might restore a bit of faith if he can get those points. Anything less and I think we can wave 4th goodbye.

I dont think they will need that much picking up tbh, losing to Chelsea away is something most teams are used to, I doubt it gets many of them down :)

Both Liverpool and Everton dropping points is surely an incentive anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Back of The Telegraph tomorrow
    I'd throw money at Chelsea to get the little lad - best midfielder at Chelsea for me.

Also where would Mata play? I can only see him as your no 10 behind the striker tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Play 3 across the front with RVP up top. I don't normally do this, but....

Januzaj Rooney Mata

RvP

That one's for you Shadowcomplex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mata

Chelsea give us Mata now, we give them Rooney in the summer at a reduced price? Just a theory.

• Advertisement

Not going to happen.
    Can we not dream? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Not going to happen.

United have already played Chelsea twice in the league and are 12 points behind them. Mourinho no longer sees United as a threat to Chelsea. Mourinho will be wanting United to do well in the Arsenal and City games.

Getting £37 million for a player that he doesn't want is great business. Selling him to a team who might takes points from a rival would be a nice bonus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

United have already played Chelsea twice in the league and are 12 points behind them. Mourinho no longer sees United as a threat to Chelsea. Mourinho will be wanting United to do well in the Arsenal and City games.

Getting £37 million for a player that he doesn't want is great business. Selling him to a team who might takes points from a rival would be a nice bonus.

I like this kind of logic, I like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

What about next season though, he would be hugley strengthening a major rival. Would be a amazing signing for yee, as a pool fan id be gutted to see yee get him. Hes a fantastic player

Mata may get a little concerned about his WC spot too. Could have legs but I doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Headshot wrote: »
    Also where would Mata play? I can only see him as your no 10 behind the striker tbh

Anywhere. As long as he is on the pitch, it doesn't Mata.

• Advertisement

viper006 wrote: »
    What about next season though, he would be hugley strengthening a major rival. Would be a amazing signing for yee, as a pool fan id be gutted to see yee get him. Hes a fantastic player
    I suppose (keeping the logic going) he knows United will spend big anyway, Mata or no Mata ... maybe he thinks he could handle a United with Mata :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Anywhere. As long as he is on the pitch, it doesn't Mata.

For shame mikey, for shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Please god let it be true. Mourinho's treatment of him is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I read from a few sources that Chelsea want £20m from Atleti for Thibaut, one of the best goalkeepers in the world at 21. Mental stuff but using that as a yardstick this valuation for Mata could actually be correct and not just paper crap.

The one worry I have about Mata is that he's a bit slow, he obviously still is a fantastic player but with RVP, Rooney, Jan, Kagawa maybe we need a player with a lot of pace but the ability as well unlike Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Mata leaves in this transfer window I'd be really shocked, fully expect it to be after the WC at this stage.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Mata leaves in this transfer window I'd be really shocked, fully expect it to be after the WC at this stage.
    Maybe Mata could try force a move? to ensure his place in the WC..

If Moyes is willing to get rid of the wingers there is no reason he cant play anywhere along a support line.

Wont be happening though

Also, you can only see him as "your no 10 behind the striker"??

Have you jumped to another team ;)

viper006 wrote: »

If he doesn't sell Mata in this window, and in the likely event he continues to leave him on the bench, he won't get anywhere near £37 million for him in the summer.

If United want Mata and don't get him, they will spend their cash elsewhere, if not in January, then for sure in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

TiggerBounceC.gif

irishfeen wrote: »
    Maybe Mata could try force a move? to ensure his place in the WC..

If he tried to do that, the 1st option would be to sell him abroad or loan him for the remainder of the season rather then see him join any English team.

Hes a fntastic talent but hes a squad player for Spain given the talent they have in that role.

Silva, Cazorla just to name the obvious English based ones.

He's played 14 games in 6 months for gods sake he'd be mental to sit on Chelsea's bench another 4 months ahead of the World Cup.

kryogen wrote: »
    If Moyes is willing to get rid of the wingers there is no reason he cant play anywhere along a support line.

Wont be happening though

Also, you can only see him as "your no 10 behind the striker"??

Have you jumped to another team ;)

Would be leaving the traditional winger of utd behind wouldnt it?

I think that joke went well over my head kry lol

If he tried to do that, the 1st option would be to sell him abroad or loan him for the remainder of the season rather then see him join any English team.
    As said before though - United are now no longer a threat to Chelsea, if anything they would want United to win their remaining fixtures to help Chelsea to the title.

Would he not be concerned about getting on the plane to Brazil? Navas, Silva and Isco are all getting their game at their clubs and none of them are guaranteed starters for Spain. Then the likes of Cazorla and Koke aren't expected to get into the squad but either could make a late push.

I'd be wanting to leave if I were him.

Any flights going from London to Manchester tonight or in morning?;)

Seriously though if Mata does come Chelsea will want something in return.

• Advertisement

Would you see the main reason in keeping him as back-up against injuries?

£37 million (if true) would surely be hard to refuse for a player that you don't want, and crazy to refuse if you don't need him.

Sitting on the bench for the rest of the season you could pretty much take one million off his reported £37 million value for each week for the remainder of the season.

irishfeen wrote: »
    As said before though - United are now no longer a threat to Chelsea, if anything they would want United to win their remaining fixtures to help Chelsea to the title.

Its going to take a lot more recruitment then Juan Mata to turn around Utds season at this rate.

Utd may not be a threat now but selling a 25 yr old to one of your rivals is stupid business.

As I said I'd sell abroad for a cut price deal before I'd see him in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We will return the favour by taking points off arsenal and city ;)

Maybe Valencia & Cleverly as a little gift? - i'm up for that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

if Mata does come Chelsea will want something in return.

Probably the 37 million pounds :D

Would be leaving the traditional winger of utd behind wouldnt it?

I think that joke went well over my head kry lol

Im all for the United way, but that way also includes adapting, moving with the times, United were the first English club to do so many things, the club is not and should not be a "stuck in the mud" with anything that isnt working anymore

I like the successful team way too, if what you are doing to win isnt working, change it, adapt it until you find a way to become successful again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It won't happen. The bearded genius will not be sold to us. But, for sciences sale, let's experiment.

Mata----Rooney
    Kagawa

RVP

Mata will have to earn his place with Valencia in the form he's in

Would he not be concerned about getting on the plane to Brazil? Navas, Silva and Isco are all getting their game at their clubs and none of them are guaranteed starters for Spain. Then the likes of Cazorla and Koke aren't expected to get into the squad but either could make a late push.

I'd be wanting to leave if I were him.

No doubt he would be worried, anyone in the Spanish squad should be, like take De Gea for instance, I'd have him as at least 3rd choice for Spain but in all likeness he wont make the squad, the talent and depth they have is huge, especially in CAM.
    Would you see the main reason in keeping him as back-up against injuries?

£37 million (if true) would surely be hard to refuse for a player that you don't want, and crazy to refuse if you don't need him.

Sitting on the bench for the rest of the season you could pretty much take one million off his reported £37 million value for each week for the remainder of the season.

I honestly think it was him or De Bruyne out this month, if we sold both we'd go from having to many otpions to being light.

Hazard, Willian, Oscar all start, then its Mata or Schurrle, cut Mata and we're short if we lose out on the others ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

This is actualy the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Well played. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I think I can hear Valencia saying to moyes " na we don't need mata"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TiggerBounceC.gif

Agreed, we would be Tigger status, but this is the article here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10585577/Manchester-United-prepare-to-make-record-37m-bid-to-sign-Chelseas-unsettled-Spain-midfielder-Juan-Mata.html

Sounds like there is nothing in it. So for now I am firmly Eeyore.

No doubt he would be worried, anyone in the Spanish squad should be, like take De Gea for instance, I'd have him as at least 3rd choice for Spain but in all likeness he wont make the squad, the talent and depth they have is huge, especially in CAM.

I honestly think it was him or De Bruyne out this month, if we sold both we'd go from having to many otpions to being light.

Hazard, Willian, Oscar all start, then its Mata or Schurrle, cut Mata and we're short if we lose out on the others ahead of him.

But ye have Matic now too. I think the selling to a rival in England is nullified for this season anyway, and possibly doesn't matter for the following seasons.

United will be spending this summer anyway, and will get a Mata type player from somewhere if they are looking for it.

Do you think Mourinho feels Mata isn't actually such a great player, or is just not suited to what he wants from his team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

LMFAO

Post of the day son take a bow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

The combination of the fact that we're so far behind Chelsea and that Mata would probably miss out on the Spain squad for the WC if he doesn't get more game time might mean that there is a possibility that this happens.

If we managed to get him now he could easily give us the 'Ozil effect' that has been mentioned around here so much lately. I'm not going to get myself too excited now, but if he did sign, and taking into account the return of RVP, Rooney, and Fellaini, then we would definitely be crowned champions of the universe before the year is out. Definitely. Yeah.

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac:
    United sources insisted on Monday night that no bid had been made but it is understood that the club do admire Mata and might consider a move

Ya he is on his way alright. Sittttt downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

You've also got this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-deny-juan-mata-3042608#.Ut2tfRDFJD8

Honestly, after the WC I can see him sold but Id be highly doubtful if its in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata could happen, but will believe when I see him holding a United shirt with Mata on it.

That must be incredibly frustrating for Chelsea fans. I get that Mourinho likes to play a certain way but to have your player of the year for two seasons in a row frozen out must be tough to take.

Surely he could find a way to accommodate such a talent?

But ye have Matic now too. I think the selling to a rival in England is nullified for this season anyway, and possibly doesn't matter for the following seasons.

United will be spending this summer anyway, and will get a Mata type player from somewhere if they are looking for it.

Do you think Mourinho feels Mata isn't actually such a great player, or is just not suited to what he wants from his team?

If Matic can play CAM then I'd say something, he wasnt bought for that role.

Utd canspend, they've the money but selling to a rival doesnt always happen, maybe in the summer but not now.

I reckon the latter, Willian, Hazard and Oscar cover every blade of grass and are a lot quicker and more imposing then Mata, Mata is arguably better then 2 of those at creating chances though.

If Willian didnt take to the English game so well Mata would have played more games I reckon.

Mata should start our next 2 games as well, Stoke and West Ham.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement