Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

We're not talking about claims like "I saw a green Audi on the way to work this morning" vs "I was abducted by aliens on the way to work this morning". Clearly one of those is more likely to be true than the other.

We are talking about stringing together random claims by people who make a living (or are trying to do so) by drawing clicks to their 'stories', along with hearsay, to produce tripe like:

Three unsubstantiated claims mashed together and presented as fact. If you don't see something wrong with that I'd be quite surprised at you.

I think its pretty obvious that United had the chance to sign Ozil, you would want to be pretty naive to think he wasn't flaunted to United, City, Chelsea etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

magnumbud wrote: »
    mata and waste dont belong in the same sentance :D

they do when it comes to chelsea.

the poster is right. It's not addressing the areas that are affecting the foundations of the side.

Really tired of woodward btw. He hasn't learned from the summer embarrassments of leaking these things to the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

keane2097 wrote: »
    Something like the Ozil thing, which appears to be accepted universally, is a pretty safe one to accept as likely, and even if you don't frothing out a stupid fake twitter rumour and carrying on like both things are equally likely is an annoying, unenlightening and intellectually dishonest way of avoiding actually debunking the post you don't agree with.

All well and true, but then we could go on about any top class player being linked to us.... so many journos, twitter accounts, media monsters out there linking this and that to the other.

Do you want this thread clouded with all that? I know its hard to filter out the noise, every story, every link etc and at the end of the day this is the general chat and rumours thread, but it would be nice if people came in with a bit more guile to their posts like:

From this trusted source player X is linked with club Y
    this trusted source (if not known well) in the past has ran the story of
    player A going to player B or something to that effect. Tough thing to do I know but would be nice some of the time to see it.... otherwise its going to piss off some posters and then have other posters coming in questioning it "where you hear this?" "Moyes never said that" "the mirror ran that story 3 years ago GTFO" etc etc

Take my post to mitch below http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88578811&postcount=3890

If we had 3 or 4 people with such confidence in different journos with conflicting stories - and they posted them all in here, wouldn't that be a barrell of laughs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fergie should be our negotiator for our transfer dealings. Moyes picks a player Fergie goes and brings him back to Old Trafford with a contract signed in most cases.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Fergie should be our negotiator for our transfer dealings. Moyes picks a player Fergie goes and brings him back to Old Trafford with a contract signed in most cases.

Hmm i'd never considered that, it could be a very good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im sure Fergie would be available to talk to players, but in terms of negotiations? Not really his thing

David Gill and Fergie missed out on some good players in their time, and signed some who should never have come through the door at the club, but if they are available as a resource I would certainly be using them, and I would think Fergie at least is

kryogen wrote: »
    Im sure Fergie would be available to talk to players, but in terms of negotiations? Not really his thing

I took it to mean he was a 'convincer' rather than someone to argue over the details etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lordgoat wrote: »
    I took it to mean he was a 'convincer' rather than someone to argue over the details etc.

Yep, and as that I think it would be good, but I think it already is in place tbh, the club have often sent their ambassadors when trying to sign players, Charlton, Robson, Giggs and Neville off the top of my head have all gone to talk to players about the benefits of joining the club.

I dont see why Fergie would be any different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

"Get in the boot laddie and we'll have nay more of yer backchat"

That sort of "Convincer"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

"Get in the boot laddie and we'll have nay more of yer backchat"

That sort of "Convincer"?

SAF saying that while holding a baseball bat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Trilla wrote: »
    All well and true, but then we could go on about any top class player being linked to us.... so many journos, twitter accounts, media monsters out there linking this and that to the other.

Do you want this thread clouded with all that? I know its hard to filter out the noise, every story, every link etc and at the end of the day this is the general chat and rumours thread, but it would be nice if people came in with a bit more guile to their posts like:

From this trusted source player X is linked with club Y
    this trusted source (if not known well) in the past has ran the story of
    player A going to player B or something to that effect. Tough thing to do I know but would be nice some of the time to see it.... otherwise its going to piss off some posters and then have other posters coming in questioning it "where you hear this?" "Moyes never said that" "the mirror ran that story 3 years ago GTFO" etc etc

Take my post to mitch below http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88578811&postcount=3890

If we had 3 or 4 people with such confidence in different journos with conflicting stories - and they posted them all in here, wouldn't that be a barrell of laughs!

It's not hard to tell the difference at all. It's actually ridiculously easy to tell the difference between poorly paid bullpen journalists filling column inches with unfalsifiable gossip and the stories that actually have a bit of punch behind them.

If you're worrying about more than a couple of journos as well as twitter accounts and whatever media monsters are I suggest the problem is with you spending too much time hoovering up every bit of gossip that floats into this thread rather than with the media being some monolithic, unknowable source of random information that is equally likely to be true as it is to be pure invention.
    This is a cracking post. +1 on all the above i would not have said it as diplomatically.

I'm off the smokes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Going from "United turned down the chance to sign Ozil in the summer" to "Valencia threatened to kill Moyes' daughter" is pretty close to as ridiculous as the Audi/aliens thing. It's a very annoying way to argue the toss on which/whether stories in the press are likely to be true.

It's obvious that stuff that appears in the newspaper is unproven.

If you don't think United had the chance to sign Ozil, then grand, but IMO if you want to argue the toss on the matter, address it and say why. Don't just blather on about Valencia shooting Moyes' daughter, he would probably miss anyway.

Something like the Ozil thing, which appears to be accepted universally, is a pretty safe one to accept as likely, and even if you don't frothing out a stupid fake twitter rumour and carrying on like both things are equally likely is an annoying, unenlightening and intellectually dishonest way of avoiding actually debunking the post you don't agree with.

You have a point, and I admit my style on addressing this wasn't the best. I'm just tired of people using random guesswork, presented as fact, as stick to beat the club with. There are enough actual transparent problems at the moment without resorting to that.

And just to clarify, I'm not even disputing that United had a chance to sign Ozil. He was sold during the summer, so there's obviously a good chance that he could have been got.

What annoys me is when people assume they know why he wasn't signed ("he wasn't what United needed"), attach that to what amounts to a rumour right now ("trying to sign Mata") in order to disparage the club's behaviour in the transfer market.

I don't even get the agenda there to be honest, why would anyone want to assume the worst about the club they support? My default line of reason would be if these things are true, there are probably some other circumstances that we are not aware of.

On a tangentially related note, is it even fair to compare Ozil and Mata? I don't watch Ozil a lot, did he ever play wide at Real, does he at Arsenal or for Germany? Because if (and this is a big if, because I don't see it happening) Mata signed, I expect he wouldn't be playing through the middle.

If the next post asks me whether reliable journalists have "ever been wrong" I might go for a fag.

You have a point, and I admit my style on addressing this wasn't the best. I'm just tired of people using random guesswork, presented as fact, as stick to beat the club with. There are enough actual transparent problems at the moment without resorting to that.

No beef with any of this, a lot of the inferences that are made - even if the stuff they're inferred from are probably true - are lolnonsense.
    And just to clarify, I'm not even disputing that United had a chance to sign Ozil. He was sold during the summer, so there's obviously a good chance that he could have been got.

What annoys me is when people assume they know why he wasn't signed ("he wasn't what United needed"), attach that to what amounts to a rumour right now ("trying to sign Mata") in order to disparage the club's behaviour in the transfer market.

The why was a stretch in the posts you quoted, no doubt. You threw the baby out with the bathwater in your reply which is why I responded. If you had just said the why part was a stretch rather than saying the whole thing was implausible it would have been different obviously.
    I don't even get the agenda there to be honest, why would anyone want to assume the worst about the club they support? My default line of reason would be if these things are true, there are probably some other circumstances that we are not aware of.

There are a lot of fully grown adults on this thread that go on like complete crybabies an embarrassing amount of the time.
    On a tangentially related note, is it even fair to compare Ozil and Mata? I don't watch Ozil a lot, did he ever play wide at Real, does he at Arsenal or for Germany? Because if (and this is a big if, because I don't see it happening) Mata signed, I expect he wouldn't be playing through the middle.

I was going to make this exact point over the last few days as well but didn't end up having the energy, totally agree.

Anyway, you're normally a good poster, let's leave it off!

fistbump.png

If the next post asks me whether reliable journalists have "ever been wrong" I might go for a fag.

Stay strong brother. Stay strong.

Also you're point is a good and obvious one and shouldn't need much explaining.

It's very easy to spot the decent sources out there. Are they right 100% of the time - no. Is it their fault - no. But if most of the sources you trust run the same story, you can be sure there's no smoke without fire etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Mata to Utd rumour has legs if you ask me, and the timing of it is crucial.

Chelsea have played you's twice so selling Mata now would strengthen Utd against those around Chelsea.

Don't forget what he did and said when signing Willian.

Would he be CL cup tied but??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fabio off to Freiburg supposedly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I couldn't care less about the CL and players being cup tied. I think we're going to get hurt bad once we come up against a Real or a Bayern, and the CL is out of reach. Would rather get in players with a view of getting top 4 at this stage, and hate this logic that we shouldn't look at great players cause for the next 4 months, they will miss about 5-6 games for us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I have this fear that Rooney hasn't been playing lately more so due to a potential transfer being chiselled out as opposed to any real injury of note.

These Mata rumours are now perpetuating this fear with the possibility of a swap deal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Mata to Utd rumour has legs if you ask me, and the timing of it is crucial.

Chelsea have played you's twice so selling Mata now would strengthen Utd against those around Chelsea.

Don't forget what he did and said when signing Willian.

Would he be CL cup tied but??

Yes, has played 2 CL games for Chelsea this term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I have this fear that Rooney hasn't been playing lately more so due to a potential transfer being chiselled out as opposed to any real injury of note.

These Mata rumours are now perpetuating this fear with the possibility of a swap deal :(

Rooney wont be going anywhere until after The wc at The earliest.Even If an agreement is in place it will wait Private imo

It's very easy to spot the decent sources out there. Are they right 100% of the time - no. Is it their fault - no. But if most of the sources you trust run the same story, you can be sure there's no smoke without fire etc.

There's an interesting contrast then with **** sources, a good example of which is this Mata thing.

The Telegraph's exclusive obviously started to leak out late last night, as Sky began to report that it had started doing the rounds, quoting the same 37M figure.

Looking at the Mirror then as a good example of "counter-journalism", not wanting to miss the boat they obviously have to release something on the Mata to United thing, but rather than go along with the same story they run a "United deny making a bid" - a claim that doesn't actually contradict anything in the Telegraph, but nevertheless looks to discredit them while also looking on the ball.

It's pretty interesting to watch, but not very hard to see through if you try even a little bit to tell the difference rather than just deciding everything is made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Rooney wont be going anywhere until after The wc at The earliest.Even If an agreement is in place it will wait Private imo

I know, I have nothing to base it on but the fear just won't go. I wake up every morning expecting to see him gone.

And for what it's worth, someone like Rooney doesn't need to worry about a move jeopardising his WC place, he's in that England squad if he's even only halfways fit and playing shìte.

I think he will end up going in the Summer regardless but if there's an agreement with Chelsea I worry this Mata business could fast track it to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Irish Independent says £40 million will be the amount for Mata, United will bid.

It doesn't really matter if Rooney goes to Chelsea in the summer, if he is leaving - he is leaving, and Chelsea will be buying a top striker whatever the case.
    It would be better to have a good relationship with Chelsea than having a bad one - if we can buy from them, then given they have top players, it can be beneficial for both.
    If we got Mata and CL next season, then if it meant losing Rooney in a private deal now for the summer, then it would be worth it.

CL is where the money is and where the top players want to be, so that has to be the only focus between and season end - try and do our best in the CL and get a top 4 in the league.
    Top 4 still very possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

apparently the latest twitter trend going now by journalists is RVP is out for the season

Lads I agree with you (lordgoat and Keane), what bugs me is the (a) posts with links to bullshít stories and (b) people coming in saying they have trusted sources, believe in them 100% without giving us any of this inside knowledge pie!

I want some pie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Hococop wrote: »
    apparently the latest twitter trend going now by journalists is RVP is out for the season

If you are going to quote twitter try to back it up with the source from twitter. Helps in judging credibility. For instance I just searched on Van Persie in Twitter and the second story is RVP out for the season with a metro link to 2007 and the story below.
    Slow Sports News ‏@SlowSportsNews 1h
    Breaking:

Striker Robin van Persie “is likely” to miss the rest of the season, according to manager

http://metro.co.uk/2007/03/30/van-persie-out-for-season-wenger-230706/
    Slow Sports News ‏@SlowSportsNews 51m
    RT @Martin_Greenham Love hearing Van Persie could be out for the rest of the season, couldnt happen to a better person

My work here is done
    Arsenal striker Robin van Persie “is likely” to miss the rest of the season, according to manager Arsene Wenger.

Wenger was hoping the 23-year-old Holland international, who has not played since breaking a metatarsal towards the end of January, would be fit to return for the final few games of the campaign.

But Wenger said on Friday: “The end of April now looks optimistic. It is likely he will be out for the season.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Irish Independent says £40 million will be the amount for Mata, United will bid.

It doesn't really matter if Rooney goes to Chelsea in the summer, if he is leaving - he is leaving, and Chelsea will be buying a top striker whatever the case.
    It would be better to have a good relationship with Chelsea than having a bad one - if we can buy from them, then given they have top players, it can be beneficial for both.
    If we got Mata and CL next season, then if it meant losing Rooney in a private deal now for the summer, then it would be worth it.

CL is where the money is and where the top players want to be, so that has to be the only focus between and season end - try and do our best in the CL and get a top 4 in the league.
    Top 4 still very possible.

If and Its a big If that they both switch Clubs. Cavani to utd looks slightly more realistic. Iv No doubt there will be big changes in The summer With Major spending.prob 100m spent and bring in 10-20 on squad players. 100m should get 4 pretty decent players to improve The squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

people coming in saying they have trusted sources, believe in them 100% without giving us any of this inside knowledge

Like that kid in primary school that had a girlfriend two towns over.

• Advertisement

Like that kid in primary school that had a girlfriend two towns over.

Wooly? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

40m for Mata actually isn't that much if we get a massive chunk back in the summer.

Lads I agree with you (lordgoat and Keane), what bugs me is the (a) posts with links to bullshít stories and (b) people coming in saying they have trusted sources, believe in them 100% without giving us any of this inside knowledge pie!

I want some pie!

Mitch has talked about who his friends in the journalism world are in the past, FWIW I think the people he's mentioned before are pretty honest and decent at their jobs. Would also trust Mitch to be able to tell the difference between a likely story and a nonsense one so that wouldn't bother me much at all.

As for people posting crap stories, well I must admit I skim over a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If you are going to quote twitter try to back it up with the source from twitter. Helps in judging credibility. For instance I just searched on Van Persie in Twitter and the second story is RVP out for the season with a metro link to 2007 and the story below.

i didint check the source one of my friends in our fb group chat put it up i just said i would put it up and see if anyone else had seen anything about it, but as you said i should have checked for myself to be sure so my apologies,

this is an interesting article that was posted by one of the Facebook fan pages:

Manchester United squad: Keep or sell survey(completed by over 5000 Manchester United fans) results, by Manchester Evening News :

1. Alex Buttner - 32.4 % Keep, 67.6% Sell
    2. Anders Lindegaard - 72.7% Keep, 27.3% Sell
    3. Anderson - 6.8% Keep, 93.2 Sell
    4. Antonio Valencia - 69.7% Keep, 30.3% Sell
    5. Ashley Young - 18% Keep, 82% Sell
    6. Ben Amos - 67.5% Keep, 32.5% Sell
    7. Chris Smalling - 70.6% Keep, 29.4% Sell
    8. Danny Welbeck - 88.8% Keep, 11.2% Sell
    9. Darren Fletcher - 85.8% Keep, 14.2% Sell
    10. David De Gea - 96.2% Keep, 3.8% Sell
    11. Fabio - 28.6% Keep, 71.4% Selll
    12. Guillermo Varela - 65.9% Keep, 34.1% Sell
    13. Jonny Evans - 84.1% Keep, 15.9% Sell
    14. Marouane Fellaini - 49.4% Keep, 50.6% Sell
    15. Michael Carrick - 91% Keep, 9% Sell
    16. Nani - 23.5% Keep, 76.5% Sell
    17. Nemanja Vidic - 66.7% Keep, 6.9% Sell in Jan, 26.4% Let go in summer
    18. Patrice Evra - 53.5% Keep, 46.5% Sell
    19. Phil Jones - 95.1% Keep, 4.9% Sell
    20. Rafael - 91.2% Keep, 8.8% Sell
    21. Rio Ferdinand - 13.3% Keep, 11.2% Sell in Jan, 75.6% Let go in summer
    22. Robin van Persie - 90.6% Keep, 9.4% Sell
    23. Ryan Giggs - 21.5% Keep a season, 78.5% Retire
    24. Shinji Kagawa - 75.3% Keep, 24.7% Sell
    25. Tom Cleverley - 36.3% Keep, 63.7% Sell
    26. Wayne Rooney - 90.1% Keep, 9.9% Sell
    27. Wilfried Zaha - 86.1% Keep, 13.9% Sel

i think the result for fellaini is harsh,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ignoring the would chelsea sell to us stuff for argument sake i would look at Mata coming in as a serious boost to our confidence. everybody can see we need a CM of better quality to challenge for the title but thats long gone this season what we need now is the raise up and get ourselves back in the top 4. i would look that our current team current team on paper should be enough for that adding mata could raise the belief of people get us playing a bit better.

if we could get a combination of 2 of carrick, fletcher and fellaini playing every week to keep get and distribute the ball in the middle and then had a rotating 3 of rooney, mata and januzaj behind RVP it would make us a whole different ball game to deal with. sure kagawa is a similar issue of his best role is behind the striker but i just feel he may not be cut out for PL football as great a player as he is(i could be and hope i am proven wrong). looking at how chelsea played last year with hazard, oscar and mata all 3's best position is behind the striker but rotating who played in there made them harder to deal with.

of course we still need something more in CM and a LB but if the players who will be a major step up from what we have there right now are not available to the summer then we add a player of genuine class who is available, who can win games and help get us CL to make us more appealing in the summer to getting a Vidal, gundongen,etc. arsenal arguably didnt need Ozil at the start of the year but his arrival lifted a lot of players around them

• Advertisement

Currently on SkyBet Mata is 5/4 to stay at Chelsea and 4/7 on to leave with United favourites for his signature at 4/6 on. PSG next on the list at 16/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

kstand wrote: »
    Currently on SkyBet Mata is 5/4 to stay at Chelsea and 4.7 to leave with United favourites for his signature at 4/6 on. PSG next on the list at 16/1.

If they mean for this window then 5/4 to stay at Chelsea is a great bet I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

:cool:

forward this to moyes. he obviously needs help.

1. Alex Buttner - 32.4 % Keep, 67.6% Sell
    2. Anders Lindegaard - 72.7% Keep, 27.3% Sell
    4. Antonio Valencia - 69.7% Keep, 30.3% Sell
    6. Ben Amos - 67.5% Keep, 32.5% Sell
    7. Chris Smalling - 70.6% Keep, 29.4% Sell
    8. Danny Welbeck - 88.8% Keep, 11.2% Sell
    9. Darren Fletcher - 85.8% Keep, 14.2% Sell
    10. David De Gea - 96.2% Keep, 3.8% Sell
    11. Fabio - 28.6% Keep, 71.4% Selll
    12. Guillermo Varela - 65.9% Keep, 34.1% Sell
    13. Jonny Evans - 84.1% Keep, 15.9% Sell
    15. Michael Carrick - 91% Keep, 9% Sell
    16. Nani - 23.5% Keep, 76.5% Sell
    17. Nemanja Vidic - 66.7% Keep, 6.9% Sell in Jan, 26.4% Let go in summer
    18. Patrice Evra - 53.5% Keep, 46.5% Sell
    19. Phil Jones - 95.1% Keep, 4.9% Sell
    20. Rafael - 91.2% Keep, 8.8% Sell
    21. Rio Ferdinand - 13.3% Keep, 11.2% Sell in Jan, 75.6% Let go in summer
    22. Robin van Persie - 90.6% Keep, 9.4% Sell
    23. Ryan Giggs - 21.5% Keep a season, 78.5% Retire
    24. Shinji Kagawa - 75.3% Keep, 24.7% Sell
    26. Wayne Rooney - 90.1% Keep, 9.9% Sell
    27. Wilfried Zaha - 86.1% Keep, 13.9% Sel

i think the result for fellaini is harsh,

Would have expected Fellaini to be 70-30 and Valencia to be more 50-50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I want some pie!

What about the chap who predicted Carrick injured and another thing from a source that he wouldnt reveal, some people do have the insiders(lucky ****s:P) so maybe he's telling the truth.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If they mean for this window then 5/4 to stay at Chelsea is a great bet I'd imagine.

The odds are too short for me - esp in a World Cup year. He needs games to prove himself to get in the Spannish squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Not being funny, but will the Glasers actually trust Moyes to spend lots of cash
    (assuming Mata for 40 mil is true, likely to add at least 1 other player for another approx. 20 mil)
    Its quite a gamble to make CL now and new players can disrupt you.
    Fergie always said there was no value in the Jan market

Although you have cash, you have shareholders and they will be nervous if an improvement doesn't come soon

And you have Kawaga, why not play him in best position as he was a great creator previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's going to be even worse if we don't sign anyone now

10 days and counting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Whats Rio up to.....

WFHOIaB.png

What about the chap who predicted Carrick injured and another thing from a source that he wouldnt reveal, some people do have the insiders(lucky ****s:P) so maybe he's telling the truth.

Fair enough...Reminds me of my own inside knowledge this season. A mate of mate was a physio working in MK Lonon... a certain Serbian CB came in for assessment treatment, asking when could he go back to playing golf etc... she told him he'd be out for at least 4 weeks. Got her photo taken with him the works.

Three days later he started against Norwich in the CC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not being funny, but will the Glasers actually trust Moyes to spend lots of cash

Phone - "do you think this is a good deal Sir Alex"

Other End - "Ackweenow Ack blah blah blah"

What's the story with Valera?
    Whats Rio up to.....

WFHOIaB.png

Reading Mitch's blog :p

ah he's probably on boards tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Whats Rio up to.....

WFHOIaB.png

talking ****e on social media, not for the first time. i'd ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Fair enough...Reminds me of my own inside knowledge this season. A mate of mate was a physio working in MK Lonon... a certain Serbian CB came in for assessment treatment, asking when could he go back to playing golf etc... she told him he'd be out for at least 4 weeks. Got her photo taken with him the works.

Three days later he started against Norwich in the CC :D

'I know something you don't know...na na na na na na..... I'm not telling you'

But really.... I read it on the BBC gossip column.... :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement