Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Trilla wrote: »
    What's the story with Valera?

parents were in a car accident recently so he has been given time off to be by their side. talk of him being loaned back to his old club to allow him to keep playing but be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Trilla wrote: »
    Fair enough...Reminds me of my own inside knowledge this season. A mate of mate was a physio working in MK Lonon... a certain Serbian CB came in for assessment treatment, asking when could he go back to playing golf etc... she told him he'd be out for at least 4 weeks. Got her photo taken with him the works.

Three days later he started against Norwich in the CC :D

She's a **** Physio :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Not being funny, but will the Glasers actually trust Moyes to spend lots of cash
    (assuming Mata for 40 mil is true, likely to add at least 1 other player for another approx. 20 mil)
    Its quite a gamble to make CL now and new players can disrupt you.
    Fergie always said there was no value in the Jan market

Although you have cash, you have shareholders and they will be nervous if an improvement doesn't come soon

And you have Kawaga, why not play him in best position as he was a great creator previously

If somebody like Mata becomes available i don't think it matters if the board trust Moyes. He is a world class player and if Moyes goes the next manager will have Mata. The squad needs world class signings and if Mata is available it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

magnumbud wrote: »
    parents were in a car accident recently so he has been given time off to be by their side. talk of him being loaned back to his old club to allow him to keep playing but be there

Jaysus didn't know that. How was he doing in the reserves \ u21s?
    She's a **** Physio :p

loverly girl didn't seem full of shít. LOL'ed when I saw Vidic in the lineup.
    ericzeking wrote: »
    'I know something you don't know...na na na na na na..... I'm not telling you'

Exactly. The worst one was when a certain poster "heard from sources reasons why Morrison wouldnt go back to Manchester". When asked what those reasons were they were everything anyone half interested in United would know. Grrrrr :mad: Anyways nuf bout all that from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon Gary Nevilles comments on the subject could be on the money.

Does Mata fit the man united transfer philosophy? Arguably no.

The list of players he mentioned that would: Pogba, Vidal, Draxler, Reus, Gundogan and Lucas Moura. We have been linked to all of them - had read on Red Issue (Partytown - seems to be trusted on there) that United were very very keen on Draxler and Reus. Links to Gundogan abound, the fact Arsenal appear to have been sniffing for Draxler of late and we don't appear to have has been a bit odd to me. As they do for Vidal and Pogba. Not heard much of a mention of Lucas Moura, and found him an odd one for Neville to mention alongside the other players.

United were quick to deny a bid for Mata, very quick.

On the players Neville mentioned, I wonder if Pip has been a bit loosed lipped round the dinner table with his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Pogba, Vidal, Draxler, Reus, Gundogan and Lucas Moura

If United dont get 4th spot then it is highly unliklely that any of those players will want to join the club.
    It is also extremely unlikely that any of those players will come to the club this month.
    They are top drawer players who would make a difference and fit into the team, no question - and that is the analogy that Gary neville is making. They are names that have been mentioned, its nothing more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The SAF as enticer for potential transfers sounds like the obvious thing to me. Be certainly beneficial for anyone maybe having doubvts over Moyes to hear it from his selector directly.

I would have assumed this was happening anyway, or maybe it was something that came in after the summer when targets were hard to come by. A simple thing like that could make a massive difference, and at a minimum some assurance for a player.

And I actually like that, in someways taking the onus off Moyes early on, but I'd expect him to take the reigns of that sort of thing down the line when he is sttled and established.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Whats Rio up to.....

WFHOIaB.png

Being Rio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Whats Rio up to.....

WFHOIaB.png

Speculation is spelled correctly. It's obviously a fake account.

• Advertisement

kstand wrote: »

If United dont get 4th spot then it is highly unliklely that any of those players will want to join the club.
    It is also extremely unlikely that any of those players will come to the club this month.
    They are top drawer players who would make a difference and fit into the team, no question - and that is the analogy that Gary neville is making. They are names that have been mentioned, its nothing more than that.

But Mata is a top drawer player too - doesn't make sense that he would class the others, especially Lucas, as top drawer and not Mata.

But Mata is a top drawer player too - doesn't make sense that he would class the others, especially Lucas, as top drawer and not Mata.

Yeah, I agree - Mata is top drawer. Chelsea player of the season for the last 2 seasons before Jose stuck his head in the door.
    Neville for some reason doesnt see him in the same light as the list of players he rattled off - not sure why-, maybe because of where he likes to play. I'd be curious to know what (if any) plans Moyes would have for the team if he was going to put him in it - would it mean the exit door for Kagawa?

Yeah, I agree - Mata is top drawer. Chelsea player of the season for the last 2 seasons before Jose stuck his head in the door.
    Neville for some reason doesnt see him in the same light as the list of players he rattled off - not sure why-, maybe because of where he likes to play. I'd be curious to know what (if any) plans Moyes would have for the team if he was going to put him in it - would it mean the exit door for Kagawa?

My little dream scenario...

Mata to us, Kagawa to Dortmund, Gundogan to us.

Personally I think United signing Mata would have to indicate a change of philosophy, but I don't think we have a good enough left back to pull it off.

My little dream scenario...

Mata to us, Kagawa to Dortmund, Gundogan to us.

Personally I think United signing Mata would have to indicate a change of philosophy, but I don't think we have a good enough left back to pull it off.

What if the Coentrao deal comes off? He could pick a team that is narrower (i.e. no Young, Valencia etc) and play RVP up top with Rooney, Mata and Januzaj behind them. If RVP not fit then Hernandez or even Rooney and get Welbeck into the 3 behind. It would mean that the 2 midfielders could drop that bit deeper so if you had someone like Coentrao down the left, someone like Jones or Fletcher could cover anything down that side if he went forward. You could play your two full backs as wing backs - Rafael likes to get forward as well - and just get the 2 central mid players to sit that bit deeper and cut off anything down any exposed flanks.

As for Kagawa and Gundogan swap, yeah, has a nice ring to it all right. But cant see it happening this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Mata's a top player. But is he a top, top player? I wonder what Jamie Redknapp thinks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Odds for transfers mean nothing

Go to Bwin, select Mata to stay at Chelsea @5/4

Lump on, absolutely lump on, sit back laughing as the window closes.

Sounds like a plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

it's still ludicrous that a player deemed not ready to play ahead of darron gibson in a crisis midfield that had to recall a retired player, is too good to join the club 2 years later.

and it's true, he is good enough to turn moyes down.

smooth move sir alex.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kryogen wrote: »

Sounds like a plan

How much have you put on?

Leftist wrote: »
    it's still ludicrous that a player deemed not ready to play ahead of darron gibson in a crisis midfield that had to recall a retired player, is too good to join the club 2 years later.

and it's true, he is good enough to turn moyes down.

smooth move sir alex.

I'd be shocked if Pogba ever came back to the club after what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

lordgoat wrote: »
    How much have you put on?

Never ask a woman her age, and never ask a man how much he's put on a bet. (Until he wins)

Sounds like a plan

laughs as mata signs for Atletico in a double blow for you :pac:

Steps 1, 2 and 3 complete, Im ready for step 4

35SVoMf.png

Sounds like a plan

While he may not come to United, I can see him wanting out of Chelsea.

Rightly or wrongly, he isn't getting the game time he likely wants, and it is world cup year, he can't afford to be sitting on the bench.

Rightly or wrongly, he isn't getting the game time he likely wants, and it is world cup year, he can't afford to be sitting on the bench.

sure its not like spain have other options in his position :p

magnumbud wrote: »
    laughs as mata signs for Atletico in a double blow for you :pac:

Be horrible alright :)

Cant see Mou letting him go, squad would be pretty light on back up, I reckon he starts the next two games anyway.

He will be sold in the summer when a replacement is brought in I feel. I never mind backing up my opinions with money, if Im wrong Im wrong! If Im right its nice to get more then just self satisfaction out of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I had a dream last night that we signed Mata and himself, David De Gea and Javier Hernandez all moved in together and had a TV show about them going around being really nice to people.

I woke up happier than I ever have before, then reality set in and I've been absolutely crushed every since.

He is getting game time though,e just isnt a regular starter this season, he will get more game time again when the CL starts back up, he may want to go, but he is under contract and I have already stated, while there is no replacement I dont think he will be going.

Depth chart reads

Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Mata, Schurrle

for the 3 spots, take away 1 and you put yourself under pressure with lots of games to play.

Unless I am forgetting someone?

Feck looks like it wont happen :(
    Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 5m

Mata can play as 7, 10 or 11 for United. Will add quality to a team that needs it. As Mourinho is happy to let him go, I see him at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,660 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sounds like a plan

jebus that is unreal odds

I presume theres a limited to that bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ah well it was good while it lasted.

Who else can we buy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Give him the number 7? Or are we saving that for Januzaj next season? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He is getting game time though,e just isnt a regular starter this season, he will get more game time again when the CL starts back up, he may want to go, but he is under contract and I have already stated, while there is no replacement I dont think he will be going.

Depth chart reads

Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Mata, Schurrle

for the 3 spots, take away 1 and you put yourself under pressure with lots of games to play.

Unless I am forgetting someone?

Nope, and I said it here and the Chelsea thread, coming into the most important period of the season, having those 5 rotate will be key, any injury to the starting 3 will see Mata start and he should start the next 2 games too.

UCL matches and FA cup games/replays coupled with league games will mean the regular starting 3 wont start every game.

We can go 4-3-3 and drop the "number 10" it woud mean Hazard, Willian and Schurrle would be playing for 2 wide positions but thats dropping Oscar and Mata, something we cant do IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mata to stay at Chelsea 9/4 with skybet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

For the few people that actually have unrestricted Skybet accounts, he's 6/4 to stay with Chelsea there. No brainer imo. Was 6/4 with PP and Stan James up until about 15 mins ago also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nope, and I said it here and the Chelsea thread, coming into the most important period of the season, having those 5 rotate will be key, any injury to the starting 3 will see Mata start and he should start the next 2 games too.

UCL matches and FA cup games/replays coupled with league games will mean the regular starting 3 wont start every game.

We can go 4-3-3 and drop the "number 10" it woud mean Hazard, Willian and Schurrle would be playing for 2 wide positions but thats dropping Oscar and Mata, something we cant do IMO.

I think Jose is going to change it slightly now that Matic is there. But I still think it would be silly to sell Mata in Jan. Maybe a loan with a recall option... but I doubt united would agree to that.

Headshot wrote: »
    jebus that is unreal odds

I presume theres a limited to that bet?

Didnt see any limit, odds have already been cut anyway, now at 1.85, no wait, now at 2

Id move quick if going in as these markets fluctuate a lot as Im sure you know!

Where you seeing that?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/juan-mata/to-leave-during-january-window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement

9/4?

Even for Skybet thats nuts

Sometimes I wish I had a skybet account, other times Im happy not to be able to gamble on everything, if that price is correct, I really wish I had a sky bet account!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Cleverley didn't play yesterday.

MANU shares open up at the start of trading on Wall St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

RobertKK wrote: »
    Cleverley didn't play yesterday.

MANU shares open up at the start of trading on Wall St.

Nobody played yesterday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,660 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We shouldnt play more often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

9/4?

Even for Skybet thats nuts

Sometimes I wish I had a skybet account, other times Im happy not to be able to gamble on everything, if that price is correct, I really wish I had a sky bet account!

Enjoy the one bet you get out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

*Logs onto skybet

• Advertisement

Jaysus youre right. Lump on. Anyone that wants to back for me, would be much apprecited!

Capture5.png

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hococop wrote: »
    1. Alex Buttner - 32.4 % Keep, 67.6% Sell
    2. Anders Lindegaard - 72.7% Keep, 27.3% Sell
    3. Anderson - 6.8% Keep, 93.2 Sell
    4. Antonio Valencia - 69.7% Keep, 30.3% Sell
    5. Ashley Young - 18% Keep, 82% Sell
    6. Ben Amos - 67.5% Keep, 32.5% Sell
    7. Chris Smalling - 70.6% Keep, 29.4% Sell
    8. Danny Welbeck - 88.8% Keep, 11.2% Sell
    9. Darren Fletcher - 85.8% Keep, 14.2% Sell
    10. David De Gea - 96.2% Keep, 3.8% Sell
    11. Fabio - 28.6% Keep, 71.4% Selll
    12. Guillermo Varela - 65.9% Keep, 34.1% Sell
    13. Jonny Evans - 84.1% Keep, 15.9% Sell
    14. Marouane Fellaini - 49.4% Keep, 50.6% Sell
    15. Michael Carrick - 91% Keep, 9% Sell
    16. Nani - 23.5% Keep, 76.5% Sell
    17. Nemanja Vidic - 66.7% Keep, 6.9% Sell in Jan, 26.4% Let go in summer
    18. Patrice Evra - 53.5% Keep, 46.5% Sell
    19. Phil Jones - 95.1% Keep, 4.9% Sell
    20. Rafael - 91.2% Keep, 8.8% Sell
    21. Rio Ferdinand - 13.3% Keep, 11.2% Sell in Jan, 75.6% Let go in summer
    22. Robin van Persie - 90.6% Keep, 9.4% Sell
    23. Ryan Giggs - 21.5% Keep a season, 78.5% Retire
    24. Shinji Kagawa - 75.3% Keep, 24.7% Sell
    25. Tom Cleverley - 36.3% Keep, 63.7% Sell
    26. Wayne Rooney - 90.1% Keep, 9.9% Sell
    27. Wilfried Zaha - 86.1% Keep, 13.9% Sel

i think the result for fellaini is harsh,
    The Cleverley percentages please me.
    ThirdMan wrote: »
    Mata's a top player. But is he a top, top player? I wonder what Jamie Redknapp thinks?
    "He's a lil maestro."

As is any Spanish player under the height of 5'10 according to Jamie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

lordgoat wrote: »
    I think Jose is going to change it slightly now that Matic is there. But I still think it would be silly to sell Mata in Jan. Maybe a loan with a recall option... but I doubt united would agree to that.

4-3-3 is grand away from home when you're happy to soak up and hit on the counter but we'll play 4-2-3-1 and Matic and Ramires will most likely be the 2 in CM.

Matic to sit and Ramires to bomb on, hes got more about him then Mikel and hes more disciplined than Luiz.

I wish i had money, i'd be lumping on those prices.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Cleverley percentages please me.

Valencia seems to be the one getting the free ride. Anytime ive been over theyve generally been positive about him while telling me I should feel that way about Nani rather than him. Was actually questioning my judgement of Val until I logged back on here and felt good again

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

lol, forgot, I was thinking of no trading yesterday in the US as it was a public holiday for MLK day, today is the first day trading since Sunday.

No trading is like a weekend day...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement