Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

backed him to stay at 5/4 there on pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Feck off ya jerks! This Mata stuff is the first bit of hope i've had for United in weeks! STOP RUINING IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Max price i can see 7/4 on SkyBet. Well the mother will be setting up an account matched sign up bet up to 30 sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Roma Juventus on SS3 tonight

De Bossi, Pjanic, Strootman, Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo all on one pitch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Roma Juventus on SS3 tonight

De Bossi, Pjanic, Strootman, Pogba, Vidal, Pirlo all on one pitch...

"Here's what you could have won....". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

If United qualify for the Europa League as the winners of the Capital One Cup, they would have to play a third qualifying round tie on 31 July, which would cut short their pre-season tour.

City won't need the Europa League spot if they win the Capital One Cup. Does the spot go to the runner's up or is another spot added to the Premier League finishing positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

GavRedKing wrote: »
    4-3-3 is grand away from home when you're we're happy to soak up and hit on the counter but we'll play 4-2-3-1 and Matic and Ramires will most likely be the 2 in CM.

Matic to sit and Ramires to bomb on, hes got more about him then Mikel and hes more disciplined than Luiz.

I wish i had money, i'd be lumping on those prices.

Just a little change to your post there. The 433 works perfectly well as a possession dominating formation when you have the right players. Chelsea just don't have the tidy central midfielders to make it work that way. Same thing at United btw.

Feck off ya jerks! This Mata stuff is the first bit of hope i've had for United in weeks! STOP RUINING IT!

i think we all want him to come to united, if we dont get him how i will feel:

Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Hococop wrote: »
    i think we all want him to come to united, if we dont get him how i will feel:

Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

you know there is the possibility he doesnt come to united and doesn't stay at chelsea
    City won't need the Europa League spot if they win the Capital One Cup. Does the spot go to the runner's up or is another spot added to the Premier League finishing positions?

only goes to the next team down in the league if both clubs are already in CL or EL

magnumbud wrote: »
    you know there is the possibility he doesnt come to united and doesn't stay at chelsea

of course he might go back to another club but depends on what teams will pay the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

of course he might go back to another club but depends on what teams will pay the price

or psg or a whole host of possible places :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lucas Sposito ‏@harris__ 8m
    BREAKING: According to Gustavo Villani from Fox Sports Brasil, Dante is signing for Manchester United.

Linked with every player in the world

magnumbud wrote: »
    or psg or a whole host of possible places :P

true ha but i shall pretend we are the only team interested in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Down to evens now

Lucas Sposito ‏@harris__ 1m
    Dante said that there's no deal yet. But there are ongoing negotiations apparently (thanks @escudeiro_leo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Lucas Sposito ‏@harris__ 8m

Linked with every player in the world

Bayern's Dante? The inferno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Lads who's Dante...is he a LB or CM?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

To offset some of the pessimism surrounding folks betting on Mata staying at Chelsea, I'm gonna get his name printed on the back of my United jersey after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

CB I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Not sure if serious....he's a CB in case you are...

Fcuk off Dante

Is he not like a year younger than Vidic

Paper bullshít again

plays for Bayern Munich as a central defender but has previously also been used as defensive midfielder or a left fullback.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read about Dante being a target yesterdsay or the day before. Moyes during the short break with no FA cup will be going to Germany to watch Bayern Munich verus Borussia munchies I'm glad I have a back.

Headshot wrote: »
    Bayern's Dante? The inferno?

Yes. Apparently he was live on Brazil's Fox sports.

Lucas Sposito ‏@harris__8s
    Dante: "I'm not yet [a Manchester United player]. I keep in Munich, appreciate United's interest. We will have a definition.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I don't know why Bayern would sell him though :confused: unless Pep is taking the Arsene Wenger approach to 30 year olds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wtf are we going for a 30yr old. Jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Dante's another mop head those wig sellers will make a fortune off utd

Fcuk off Dante

Is he not like a year younger than Vidic

Paper bullshít again

Not paper bull****. He said it live on fox sports. So many people have tweeted that.

Dante played in 30 matches for Bayern Munich this season, scored two goals and 5 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

RobertKK wrote: »
    Dante played in 30 matches for Bayern Munich this season, scored two goals and 5 assists.

They do have Badstuber to come back, him and Boateng are seen as the CB pair for the present and future.

Definitely a strange one though.

• Advertisement

Btw, deal is not agreed or close to agreement. He just said there is interest from ManUtd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

plays for Bayern Munich as a central defender but has previously also been used as defensive midfielder or a left fullback.

Oh yeh I know the guy, hes got the afro if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Never too impressed anytime ive seen Dante play, a bit rash in the tackle and not commanding enough......

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not paper bull****. He said it live on fox sports. So many people have tweeted that.

Balls, he's good but it will probably cost a bunch and he is 30.

If we can get him cheap sure why not, but a CM and left back should be priority

Vidic red card appeal was rejected he is serving the 3 match ban "sky sports"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

For what it's worth.... Moyes is expected to be at Monchengladbach game against Bayern.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10586441/David-Moyes-to-make-personal-scouting-trip-for-Manchester-United-to-watch-midfielder-Patrick-Herrmann.html

Take with a pinch of salt, but would be in line with the rest of his recent trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Vidic red card appeal was rejected he is serving the 3 match ban "sky sports"

No idea how Dowd justified that as a red, yet left Raf on the pitch for a much worse tackle. Joke of a referee.

Both were reds for me. Vidic deliberately chopped Hazard down, and Rafael was looking for a fight, seconds before the lunge he went in and tried to smash someone. He was the same way against Sunderland, when things weren't going our way he was a head-case, I honestly thought he was past that and it really pissed me off to see him act so petulantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

KH25 wrote: »
    No idea how Dowd justified that as a red, yet left Raf on the pitch for a much worse tackle. Joke of a referee.

Not good missing Vidic for 3, but would be worse missing Rafael; no good cover for RB, have better cover in CB.

Is Rafael safe from a retrospective red card ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

v3ttel wrote: »
    For what it's worth.... Moyes is expected to be at Monchengladbach game against Bayern.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10586441/David-Moyes-to-make-personal-scouting-trip-for-Manchester-United-to-watch-midfielder-Patrick-Herrmann.html

Take with a pinch of salt, but would be in line with the rest of his recent trips.

I'd like Herrmann signing. Good player and wouldn't cost a load

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is Rafael safe from a retrospective red card ban?

I would think so. Ref saw it and actioned it so they usually can't revisit it afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,869 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Got to say the best player this year for UTD has been Johnny evens what a man everything about him so good

In other news, I saw our new training kit on Sunday and this it looks absolutely class.

9GSvrmN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Talksport is hilarious.

A United fan (or so he said) claiming Mata would be a rubbish signing for you and Shelvey would fit in better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I think it would be a great gesture if the club sanctioned Rafael further, a heavy fine or something, that type of tackle needs to be stamped out (pardon the pun).

We go on about being more than a club, this is a perfect opportunity to show it.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    In other news, I saw our new training kit on Sunday and this it looks absolutely class.

9GSvrmN.png

I seen that in Niketown in London at the weekend. I wasn't sure what it was tbh.

It's feels like a goalkeepers jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That red has pissed me off, worst I've seen this season that was upheld.

ucKw2y4.gif

"Sky Sports sources understand Chelsea will listen to offers for Spain international Juan Mata."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thought it was a deserved red for Vidic as well. Well, under the admittedly bad rules of soccer anyway. It wasn't a mistimed tackle, it was a deliberate hack and I seem to remember his trailing leg coming in as a bit of a scissors effort as well.

• Advertisement

Dante: "I'm thankful for the Manchester United interest, it will all be sorted out by the end of the month."
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/manchester-united-interested-dante-transfer-3047371

Then I see on the same paper:
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-seamus-coleman-3037258
    David Moyes to bring in Seamus Coleman in the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement