Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I couldn't see Chelsea selling United Mata after Moyes wouldn't let Rooney go to them. United might not be a contender for the title this year but they might next year and Mata might come back to haunt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Chelsea had an annual loss of £50 million last season.

That doesn't mean they have to offload their best players to rival clubs.
    Don't have any figures here, but I'm sure plenty of big clubs regularly post losses, and Chelsea have Ambramovich as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

magnumbud wrote: »
    the problem is not them when they are waiting for the ball its what they do on it. both valencia and young are far too predictable. valencia gets to the line and cross get to the line cross and his crosses either hit the first man or fly all the way for a throw in on the other side. young tends to just get as far but cuts back onto his right foot either shooting or crossing to a very poor effect too. i'm not saying the central players are perfect but to blame them for the wide players is just unfair.

I'm not blaming the central players for the wide players' poor play. As I said, the general play from every part of the team this season has been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Pro. F wrote: »
    And the central players have been no help to the wide players. So should we play without central players?

The general play from every part of the team has been awful all season.

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dreams:
    Stolen from twitter but this does look nice

BehgSbgCIAAmuQM.jpg

Reality:

abGfQ58agK.jpg

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

v3ttel wrote: »
    Dreams:

Reality:

abGfQ58agK.jpg

Reality = bad buzz

yup and may need to balance to match FFP rules or be kicked out of europe according to reports that i have heard

Regarding the 50m loss and Financial Fair Play, report here says that they are still complying with all regulations.
    Their group turnover of £255.8m for the 12-month period is a record figure for the club, but elimination from last season's Champions League in the group stages saw a drop in income.
    The club said these figures, combined with the previous year's profit of £1.4m, fall within the criteria set by Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25564078

Theres no chance they will be kicked out of Europe, and again they have no reason to sell Mata to United, especially after Woodward told them where to go when they applied about Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Emma Watson the grown up version.

oh right,

I have to logoff for while must wash my hair;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Augmerson wrote: »
    I couldn't see Chelsea selling United Mata after Moyes wouldn't let Rooney go to them.

I don't see why that would be a factor at all. It's not like it was a particularly bitter battle, at least not publicly anyway. Chelsea thought Utd would be willing to let him go and they could get him cheap, Utd wanted to keep a key player and said no. As good as Mata is he's not currently a key player for them and is obviously not wanted. Getting 37-42m as reported for an unwanted player when you will get nowhere near that from anyone bar PSG for him is good business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

v3ttel wrote: »
    Dreams:

Reality:

abGfQ58agK.jpg

I think I'm going to vomit.

Off topic, doesn't this just sum up refs and us at Stamford Bridge?

aH03DQU.gif

That was a free-kick to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Roma juve Live on ss3 should be a few players we are linked with playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But needs Must and we need. Imagine. Mata. Dante. Coentrao. Being signed in jan. I Can gaurantee my Wife will be in The labour ward in 9 months and 11 days ;)

You would be happy that we still wouldn't have addressed the single biggest problem with our squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

Great contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think I'm going to vomit.

Off topic, doesn't this just sum refs and us at Stamford Bridge?

aH03DQU.gif

That was a free-kick to Chelsea.

Its a joke, I'd love to see refs get punished for having **** games, fine them or send them down to lower leagues. They have a **** job as it is, but if they get big decisions wrong and if they do so consistantly then **** them. :mad:

Saw this on reddit and thought it might be relevant here

Vaj6bfw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

You would be happy that we still wouldn't have addressed the single biggest problem with our squad?

I would be happy that we would of sorted 2 of them. And as meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad . Being serious it's obvious every utd fan wants a top cm player. But imo that might have to wait till summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Playing devils advocate at the moment

Why would Mourinho let go one of the best attacking players in the league?

TheDoc wrote: »

Or another question,

Why isn't he playing him?

For some reason Jose doesn't seem to fancy the job Mata can do for a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

because they seem to not get along and now they have a chance of getting big money for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Regarding the 50m loss and Financial Fair Play, report here says that they are still complying with all regulations.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25564078

Theres no chance they will be kicked out of Europe, and again they have no reason to sell Mata to United, especially after Woodward told them where to go when they applied about Rooney.
    they fall within regs for last three years as had been even previous two. You can make a 45million loss over a rolling three year period. 50 million losses this year mean the next two have to be break even or profit. So they will have to sell to buy over next two years, if they care about the FFP regs.

I'm confident mata will be a united player by the weekend.

Saw this on reddit and thought it might be relevant here

Vaj6bfw.jpg

Sky Sports have gotten worse in recent years with their "Sky sources understand" ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

On Mata, as mentioned by G.Neville it would take a change to how the team is set up in order to accommodate him. Which us fine, change the tactics, if that's how Moyes wants to do things.

However if that is his blueprint for the future, why has he rigidly stuck to 442 so far this season?

Does he see Mata playing behind one striker?
    Or does he even know what he's doing

Or maybe the Mata link is bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

@GuillemBalague confirms United and Chelsea are in negotiations about Mata, he's confident the deal will happen as it suits all parties.

Make of that what you will. Think we all know he's a spoofer most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Doesn't play him / doesn't want him / doesn't need him / doesn't like him . . . ?

Doesn't play United in the league again this season.

United are too far behind to overtake Chelsea.

United improving in time for Arsenal and City might help Chelsea.

Getting around 40 million for a player bought for around 20 million.

Won't get anyway near 40 million for him in summer.

they fall within regs for last three years as had been even previous two. You can make a 45million loss over a rolling three year period. 50 million losses this year mean the next two have to be break even or profit. So they will have to sell to buy over next two years, if they care about the FFP regs.

I'm confident mata will be a united player by the weekend.

That article was posted on 31st December 2013, I'm fairly sure they will be able to just cut back the spending, sell a few in the summer, and they'll be compliant again.

They have no reason to sell Mata now, especially to a rival, and they have no cover for that position. Most importantly though, no bid has been received so far.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25825003

I'd love to see Mata at United as much as the next fan, but lets be realistic, its highly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He's CL cup tied as well so 40m really is top dollar for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I would be happy that we would of sorted 2 of them. And as meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad . Being serious it's obvious every utd fan wants a top cm player. But imo that might have to wait till summer.

I honestly worry that with way things are shaping up no right minded world class midfielder will consider signing for Utd this summer.
    Looks like we won't make champs league and maybe not even top 6....that means any signing sees a club where their first year won't see top level football outside league games....that might be a huge factor in signing ambitious players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Maybe Mata is a replacement for Kagawa? Proven in PL. Kagawa heads back to Germany in part exchange for a CM?

Or wishful thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man I would so so so so over the moon if we get Mata. Not sure where he'll play and lets face it he shouldnt be a target for us but jebus its Mata ffs

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    @GuillemBalague confirms United and Chelsea are in negotiations about Mata, he's confident the deal will happen as it suits all parties.

Make of that what you will. Think we all know he's a spoofer most of the time.

Miguel Delaney is saying Utd are getting closer to a deal for Mata and could be a Utd player by the weekend

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1688467?&cc=5739

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

With Rooney believed to want out and be unwilling to sign a new deal would United fans do a straight swap for Mata?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Miguel Delaney is saying Utd are getting closer to a deal for Mata and could be a Utd player by the weekend

United officials have remained in London over the last two days to conduct negotiations for Mata and one other "European-based central midfielder" -- believed to be Juventus' Arturo Vidal.

While the second deal is still some way off, and may even be for the summer, sources have stated that there has been considerable movement in Mata negotiations and, for the first time, Chelsea are considering a sale to a domestic rival.

this part of the article caught my eye the most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

With Rooney believed to want out and be unwilling to sign a new deal would United fans do a straight swap for Mata?

The reports indicate that Rooney would have nothing to do with any potential deal for Mata. United's stance on him is still the same.

Ok I am actually starting to think this might happen.

Tbh I just want him bought to annoy a mate. A Spanish outfield player would be nice.

i think we need to keep rooney at least until the summer. if and i hope this is just an if RvP comes back only to go out again we would be in a terrible position even with mata coming in. if they sell us mata and we get CL and rooney still wants to go maybe but we would want a replacement lined up before that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Does nobody remember Thiago

this part of the article caught my eye the most

If Vidal and Mata come to United I will give up Ben and Jerry ice cream for life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I really enjoyed the supertroopers picture.

Ah Juan is it yourself. Grab a seat there.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Mata will be a UTD player by Sunday and I reckon Rooney will be Chelsea player by August with probably Chelsea picking up an extra £10milion out of the deal/exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Antibac wrote: »
    Maybe Mata is a replacement for Kagawa? Proven in PL. Kagawa heads back to Germany in part exchange for a CM?

Or wishful thinking?

Thats how I see it as well. Kagawa will unfortunately probably be part of the deal if Gundogan is coming this way. Personally I think Mata is a superior player to Kagawa.

Also I think there is something in the rumors linking us with Cavanni. Posssibly see him coming in an Rooney going the opposite direction in the summer.

Next season we could be lining up as follows

Fellani Gundogan

Januzai Mata RVP

Cavanni

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Does nobody remember Thiago

the lad who wanted first team football and has played 6 games so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If Vidal and Mata come to United I will give up Ben and Jerry ice cream for life.

No problem making your own

RasTa wrote: »
    No problem making your own

cant beat it though

your sacrifice will be much appreciated :pac:

Here we go its done

Beh8La4CEAAqqL0.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Nice try he's left handed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Fcuk sake lads stop getting my hopes up :( ...

irishfeen wrote: »

Ah here says the boy:pac::pac:.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've gone past the point of no return.

Hopes officially raised.

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »

dont watch sky sports news tonight. they keep showing/reading out ballagues talk and now saying sky sources have given more details that a deal is closer. must turn off channel or if the deal falls through poor jim white may be at the end of a very rude rant by me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement