Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Please don't turn into another Thiago Alcântara is he ,will he ,he's coming

Ohhhhh No he's not

37million a bit too steep give them nani and young and a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Devil08 wrote: »
    Juve want nani according to the mirror. Could help with us getting one of their players, ie pogba or Vidal
    I don't mean to piss on your parade, but why in the name of Jesus would Vidal join United?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Herrmann would be an excellent signing. Valencia would go straight out of the team off the back of it most likely too.

I think if the price is reasonable (ten million euro or so) Dante wouldn't be a bad stopgap at centre half, on a three-year deal for example. If Vidic and Ferdinand both leave in the summer as it looks like we'll need one in. Dubious about the prospect of Bayern letting him go.
    CSF wrote: »
    I don't mean to piss on your parade, but why in the name of Jesus would Vidal join United?

Because he likes the rain. And a challenge.

In all seriousness, you're right though. Mata is unlikely, Vidal is fantasy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Gatling wrote: »

Ohhhhh No he's not

Yea cos Chelsea will take our scraps!

Why not? Just because juve are doing better than Utd at moment? Utd bigger club than juve with all respect to them

Herrmann would be an excellent signing. Valencia would go straight out of the team off the back of it most likely too.

I think if the price is reasonable (ten million euro or so) Dante wouldn't be a bad stopgap at centre half, on a three-year deal for example. If Vidic and Ferdinand both leave in the summer as it looks like we'll need one in. Dubious about the prospect of Bayern letting him go.

Because he likes the rain. And a challenge.

In all seriousness, you're right though. Mata is unlikely, Vidal is fantasy stuff.
    Is Dante not in the same boat though? Being a starter at the best team around at the moment. Or is there something about his situation I'm not aware of?

Why not? Just because juve are doing better than Utd at moment? Utd bigger club than juve with all respect to them
    Because he is the best centre mid in the world who if he declared an interest in leaving could do much better than United.

Yea cos Chelsea will take our scraps!

Torres and Ba

Our scraps couldn't be that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

If ever there was a time to pay slightly over the odds for a player it's right now.

This isn't a Liverpool-esque Andy Carroll/Stewart Downing fiasco wasting £50m on over-priced, over-rated English talent.

This is a proven world class performer. Given he signed for Chelsea for £23.5m and has been Player of the Year for them twice, and still a world class act, i think £37m is only about £5m too steep.

Right now with the sh1t United are in a £5m premium is cheap. Slap the cash down.

Because he is the best centre mid in the world who if he declared an interest in leaving could do much better than United.

Far from best cm in the world! Yaya toure, Iniesta, Xavi, just 3 who are better. Schweinsteiger another..despite Utds form this season they can still attract the best players out there, don't worry about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bayern won't buy him, Barcelona won't buy him, Real Madrid apparently have Gundogan targeted so won't buy him.

Who else is there much better than United?

I agree he might not want to come, but Juve have a price and if we pay it he'll have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If ever there was a time to pay slightly over the odds for a player it's right now.

And he's only 25.

Yaya toure, Iniesta, Xavi, just 3 who are better.
    No
    despite Utds form this season they can still attract the best players out there, don't worry about that
    No

Bayern won't buy him, Barcelona won't buy him, Real Madrid apparently have Gundogan targeted so won't buy him.

Who else is there much better than United?
    Man City, Chelsea. Paris Saint Germain. All much more attractive options for players right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

City don't need him and psg are in a very crap league and a lot less attractive than us even with our difficulties

If we got Mata and a couple CM and a LB we'd be competitive again, that's alot of if's though

Man City, Chelsea. Paris Saint Germain. All much more attractive options for players right now.

Clubs who don't want him or need him. Great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cant see him joining in January.Its unlikely but I wouldn't rule out him joining in the summer,United will offer a wage increase,more exposure and United still are a huge draw.
    Unless a Barca,Bayern or Real come in for him United is a very good move if he decides to leave Juve.
    Tempt Juve with a proper bid ,no bollixing about like with Fabregas bid's and it could happen.Juve are under a lot of financial pressure with new stadium/training complex and Italian football isn't at the level it was in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Gatling wrote: »

Ohhhhh No he's not

Are you joking? I would hope you are.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads we need to take a step back! A deal for Mata to join us in January is highly unlikely!

You have no idea of this. This is just a random assumption.

He could always just stay at Juventus and play in the champions league.

You have no idea of this. This is just a random assumption.

And what do you have to say otherwise?? Utd only club linked with him. How you can say Utd aren't an attractive club for top players is laughable

yabadabado wrote: »
    Cant see him joining in January.Its unlikely but I wouldn't rule out him joining in the summer,United will offer a wage increase,more exposure and United still are a huge draw.
    Unless a Barca,Bayern or Real come in for him United is a very good move if he decides to leave Juve.
    Tempt Juve with a proper bid ,no bollixing about like with Fabregas bid's and it could happen.Juve are under a lot of financial pressure with new stadium/training complex and Italian football isn't at the level it was in the past.
    Chances are that if someone of his quality isn't signed in that position in this window, United won't have Champions League football, and can immediately say goodbye to signing anyone of his quality. Not that I think United would have a hope of getting him. Under Ferguson, I'd still be sceptical but take out the draw of working under Ferguson and it doesn't even appear reasonable discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'm in full transfer muppet mode, I need a cold shower to calm myself and this ain't helping..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/21/chelsea-manchester-united-juan-mata

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Falcao could have done much better than Monaco, Aguero could have done much better than City at the time, Özil could have done much better than an underachieving Arsenal in the Summer.

Stranger things have happened for whatever reasons...

And what do you have to say otherwise?? Utd only club linked with him. How you can say Utd aren't an attractive club for top players is laughable
    United are an underperforming team with a very questionable manager, a squad full of players who mostly don't match the ability of the players you'd be talking about signing, Manchester being a bit of a dump doesn't help unless you're City and can pay players ridiculous sums of money to join. Then add in that United are very unlikely to have Champions League football next year and the attractiveness of previous years has declined significantly.

nuxxx wrote: »
    If we got Mata and a couple CM and a LB we'd be competitive again, that's alot of if's though

i know LB is a trouble spot but please for the love of god if Moyes has to go raiding Everton again for a full back will he at least pick the Irish one.

Coleman is genuinely one big move away from becoming a World Class player, he's seriously good.

I'm a bit meh on Baines in general , maybe it's his hair-style, maybe it's his age, maybe it's the fact he can't defend very well.....

Either way if i was boss of United i'd go Coleman and Shaw, and you could probably get the both of them for under £35 million, which is probably not a lot more than the crazy money Everton rate Baines at.

Hell, i'd nearly go for their back up left back in Brian Oviedo, he's a serious player too and probably a quarter the price of Baines.

No Baines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is Mata a better Player than Ozil?

Falcao could have done much better than Monaco, Aguero could have done much better than City at the time, Özil could have done much better than an underachieving Arsenal in the Summer.

Stranger things have happened for whatever reasons...
    Falcao and Aguero were paid insane amounts of money to go there. Every player (with only a small number of exceptions) has his price to join any club. Ozil gets to live in London (if rumours are true he'll ****ing love that), he had guaranteed Champions League football, and was leaving a team where he wasn't wanted.

Mata is possible because he isn't wanted. Vidal would be ridiculous.

• Advertisement

i know LB is a trouble spot but please for the love of god if Moyes has to go raiding Everton again for a full back will he at least pick the Irish one.

Coleman is genuinely one big move away from becoming a World Class player, he's seriously good.

I'm a bit meh on Baines in general , maybe it's his hair-style, maybe it's his age, maybe it's the fact he can't defend very well.....

Either way if i was boss of United i'd go Coleman and Shaw, and you could probably get the both of them for under £35 million, which is probably not a lot more than the crazy money Everton rate Baines at.

Hell, i'd nearly go for their back up left back in Brian Oviedo, he's a serious player too and probably a quarter the price of Baines.

No Baines.

Id take the porto left back from any left back out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Far from best cm in the world! Yaya toure, Iniesta, Xavi, just 3 who are better. Schweinsteiger another..despite Utds form this season they can still attract the best players out there, don't worry about that

Was getting annoyed, then saw Xavi's name, realised your joking!

Good one man :)

Chances are that if someone of his quality isn't signed in that position in this window, United won't have Champions League football, and can immediately say goodbye to signing anyone of his quality. Not that I think United would have a hope of getting him. Under Ferguson, I'd still be sceptical but take out the draw of working under Ferguson and it doesn't even appear reasonable discussion.
    As I said its unlikely but United seem to have the cash ,if rumors are true, and he might be tempted.
    CL football has to be got this season for that very reason ,it will be much harder to sign top quality without it.
    I know its not all about money but if United lodged a proper bid and offered double wages I'm sure it would be considered.

Falcao and Aguero were paid insane amounts of money to go there. Every player (with only a small number of exceptions) has his price to join any club. Ozil gets to live in London (if rumours are true he'll ****ing love that), he had guaranteed Champions League football, and was leaving a team where he wasn't wanted.

Mata is possible because he isn't wanted. Vidal would be ridiculous.
    Who's to say he wouldn't be offered insane amounts of money?
    I don't see it happening myself for many reasons but I wouldn't just dismiss him because he's too good for United which you seem to be doing.

yabadabado wrote: »
    As I said its unlikely but United seem to have the cash ,if rumors are true, and he might be tempted.
    CL football has to be got this season for that very reason ,it will be much harder to sign top quality without it.
    I know its not all about money but if United lodged a proper bid and offered double wages I'm sure it would be considered.
    Honestly, do you not think that if United could get Vidal they would and probably would have already instead of getting stuck with Fellaini?

Vidal is 3 types of midfielders rolled into one he would be an amazing signing for united, he scores goals like lampard, tackles like a keane type and passes like xabi alonso. If we got him we would be so back

Is Mata a better Player than Ozil?

Judging from what I've seen of Ozil this season and Mata the previous couple of seasons this I would say definitely.

kryogen wrote: »

Don't know why people give Xavi stick, still one of the best cms around IMO. Getting on a bit now but guaranteed he will be starting for Spain in wc this year and will have another medal around his neck by the end of it

Who's to say he wouldn't be offered insane amounts of money?
    I don't see it happening myself for many reasons but I wouldn't just dismiss him because he's too good for United which you seem to be doing.
    Because he is too good for United. He is the best player in his position around. United aren't an attractive enough proposition at present to sign that player.

United can't offer City levels of insane amounts of money. I don't think that is to be disputed, is it?

kryogen wrote: »

to be fair to the fella, YaYa Toure in this seasons form is not far off the best in the world. It's an arguable case at least, more so if he destroys Xavi and Iniesta soon enough (if fit).

He'd be in my top 5 certainly in that position.

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Are you joking? I would hope you are.

Of course I'm joking

I Just don't do smileys or stupidlycons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mata would be a fairly useful bargaining chip for Chelsea if they want Diego Costa.

Don't know why people give Xavi stick, still one of the best cms around IMO. Getting on a bit now but guaranteed he will be starting for Spain in wc this year and will have another medal around his neck by the end of it
    Xavi - one of the best cms around
    Vidal - the best cm around.

to be fair to the fella, YaYa Toure in this seasons form is not far off the best in the world. It's an arguable case at least, more so if he destroys Xavi and Iniesta soon enough (if fit).

He'd be in my top 5 certainly in that position.
    Yaya is definitely top 5. No question. Vidal is top 1 though.

Because he is too good for United. He is the best player in his position around. United aren't an attractive enough proposition at present to sign that player.

United can't offer City levels of insane amounts of money. I don't think that is to be disputed, is it?
    Always though Rooney was on similar money to the higher paid players at City.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Judging from what I've seen of Ozil this season and Mata the previous couple of seasons this I would say definitely.

You're judging one on the past and one on his first season in a new league. How about you judge them both on this year? Mata being a benchwarmer and Ozil the top player in the team top of the league. Hadn't set the world on fire but has been very good.
    Or judge them both on the past when Ozil was one of the top assistants anywhere in Europe over a number of years.
    Ozil is a better played than Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Rooney and van Persie are two of the highest paid players in the league.

According to the latest estimates, United's wage bill is very close to City's.

Always though Rooney was on similar money to the higher paid players at City.
    My understanding is Yaya is on about 220-30k per week. Rooney and Van Persie are a good 40-50 down on that as far as I know

Honestly, do you not think that if United could get Vidal they would and probably would have already instead of getting stuck with Fellaini?

I think everyone knows United ****ed up in the summer and Fellaini was a panic buy ,if Moyes wants to keep his job he is going to have to spend serious money this summer and recruit 2 or 3 top players.Vidal imo is the best CM around atm and I there is no harm trying to sign the best.Offer Juve 50m and offer Vidal same wage as Rooney and see how it pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nowhere near the best in the world or better then Vidal which is your claim, you were serious then? You also think Iniesta is a centre midfielder? For serious?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement