Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

As mad as it sounds we need two more signings along with Mata to think about finishing in the top 4 comfortably.

If the Mata deal doesn't happen by the weekend I'll give up on it, stinks of Thiago mark II.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

As mad as it sounds we need two more signings along with Mata to think about finishing in the top 4 comfortably.

If the Mata deal doesn't happen by the weekend I'll give up on it, stinks of Thiago mark II.

I just don't see why Chelsea would prefer to do a deal with Utd rather than Atletico Madrid.

Would get a bit more money off Utd but they could do a deal with Atletico now and put a deal in place for Costa to move to them in the summer.

Maybe Atletico were playing hard ball and Chelsea are trying to force their hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We are not signing Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

A project that is based upon stability and where the desired outcome is long term, consistent success will (in the vast majority of instances) always be a greater success than one that is based on demanding immediate results or else.

You don't need a Football Forum Argumentative Skills for the sake of being Argumentative to sound Smart PhD to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Mata.

We are clearing at advanced stages of discussions

Devil08 wrote: »
    We are clearing at advanced stages of discussions

We are not signing Mata.

We are not signing Mata.
    We're gonna sign two players this window but one of them 100% won't be Mata.

We're gonna sign two players this window but one of them 100% won't be Mata.

We are going to sign zero players this window and one of them 100% won't be Mata.

We will start on Feb 1st with the same squad of players we have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

We are going to sign zero players this window and one of them 100% won't be Mata.

We will sign mata

I don't want your bank details to transfer you €100,000.

If we don't sign anyone we won't finish in the top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

this is suddenly turning into a pantomime with mata

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

We will start on Feb 1st with the same squad of players we have now.

You mean we keep Anderson :(

I don't want your bank details to transfer you €100,000.

I do understand the paradox posed by my last post.

I have passed the Vulcan discipline of Kolinahr to purge myself of all emotion. I now look at potential transfers using only logic.

I found that transfer news pertaining to Hazard and Moura brought out certain...emotions...that I do not wish to experience again.

Selling Mata to United is...

Illogical.

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    this is suddenly turning into a pantomime with mata

Oh no it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Oh no it's not.

Post of the day lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

As a mata of fact , He wont be sole to us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I think its important that if we sign Mata we get all the Mata/Matter stuff out of the way in advance.

znuTEIw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hakuna Mata-ta.

I felt left out of the Mata puns :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

i think neville is right. there really isn't a position for mata in united's side. not the way moyes likes to set out his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hakuna Mata-ta.

I felt left out of the Mata puns :(

Don't worry, it doesn't Mata- you got your pun in just in time!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I think its important that if we sign Mata we get all the Mata/Matter stuff out of the way in advance.

znuTEIw.jpg

45107170.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

juan-direction-mata-funny.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Leftist wrote: »
    i think neville is right. there really isn't a position for mata in united's side. not the way moyes likes to set out his side.

I hate Moyes tactics but I think he's stuck like that due to lack of CM's with decent creativity so its all crosses for now, with Mata and another creative player it could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

dailymail reporting Mata was not training with chelsea today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

I hate Moyes tactics but I think he's stuck like that due to lack of CM's with decent creativity so its all crosses for now, with Mata and another creative player it could change.

we've seen kagawa can be good through the middle and some of our best football this season (not saying much) has come with him playing there iirc.

leverkusen away
    swansea home league

(jesus, that is depressing)

but moyes chooses a different approach.

An approach that involves valencia and young out wide.

If Mata signs then i am sure he will play off either wing.

and that won't be worth 40m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In before someone posts a picture of a white sheet outside a Manchester hospital.

The difference between United and Everton/Liverpool at the moment is we should have the resources in place at our lowest moment to buy players to get us back ahead of them.

If we can't then what's the point of it. Taking Liverpool as the main competition, if they get 4th they'll probably keep Suarez and have a revenue increase with Europe to be able to buy better players, offer better wages and most of all attract the top players. If we don't spend we are letting them improve financially and on the pitch which is suicide, do you think if they were in our position they would not spend the money they should have and let rivals get back in the mix?

All of the sponsors, the massive revenue all means nothing if we can't use it to stay ahead of teams who shouldn't have a chance against us financially.

You don't need to spend like City to compete but you do need strengthen the team when it's needed. Add 2 or 3 world class players to our starting 11 and we would have no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Was just about to post this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2543542/Juan-Mata-misses-Chelsea-training-United-closing-deal-37m-Chelsea-star.html

May be nothing, but does add to the speculation all the same

(there is no reason he would have to miss training if a deal was on, unless he is off doing a medical ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I personally love the work FutureGuy is putting in for the cause. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, maybe Flah? Who was an absolute trooper for jinxing other teams in the run in for the title of 07/08 with gems like "Liverpool will hang on to this win, the 3 points are inevitable" and "United have blown it, 2-0 to Villa, no way back." Although it has gone over the heads of some, I see the anti-jinx work FG is putting in, if everyone thinks its done it won't happen! This is United we're talking about.

Keep fighting the good fight FutureGuy.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I personally love the work FutureGuy is putting in for the cause. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, maybe Flah? Who was an absolute trooper for jinxing other teams in the run in for the title of 07/08 with gems like "Liverpool will hang on to this win, the 3 points are inevitable" and "United have blown it, 2-0 to Villa, no way back." Although it has gone over the heads of some, I see the anti-jinx work FG is putting in, if everyone thinks its done it won't happen! This is United we're talking about.

Many did it but Flah was the main protagonist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Sounds very similar to another poster I know on another site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2543542/Juan-Mata-misses-Chelsea-training-United-closing-deal-37m-Chelsea-star.html

(there is no reason he would have to miss training if a deal was on, unless he is off doing a medical ;))

[twitter] Mata trained and was confirmed on Chelsea TV it seems [/twitter]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

SSN saying now that Utd aren't going to break the bank to get Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm am not excited by the prospect of Mata arriving at united, purely because I think there is not a chance in hell of it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Dammit Woodward stop offering ****e and just buy him!!

And the demise of this great rumour begins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He did train today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Mourinho probably just toying with Man Utd and then pull the plug at the last minute, thereby wasting our time that could be spent sourcing other players.

Mata & Cabaye IMO would be an excellent window, likeyhood: Slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Anyone have a feeling Rooney will go the other way in the deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zaha loan deal to cardiff?

Sounds about right

Looks like Sky just plugging something to sell on deadline day because of how uneventful it looks this window, pour gas on the fire now and cool it off until deadline day for the headline

"United back in for Mata"

I hope there are other players coming in

Johner wrote: »
    He did train today.

Cause Twitter said so?

Did you see him like? I dont think it is a big deal either way, as I said, the Fail didnt say he was the only one not at training, and him being at training would not mean a deal is not being done.

It would just be a normal day.

• Advertisement

Cause Twitter said so?

Did you see him like? I dont think it is a big deal either way, as I said, the Fail didnt say he was the only one not at training, and him being at training would not mean a deal is not being done.

It would just be a normal day.

I think Chelsea tv confirmed it I read somewhere

I'll look for it

Edit: that he was there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

sooo many flash backs from last transfer window.. I heart can't take this again..

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Mourinho probably just toying with Man Utd and then pull the plug at the last minute, thereby wasting our time that could be spent sourcing other players.

Mata & Cabaye IMO would be an excellent window, likeyhood: Slim.

Think PSG have bid for Cabaye, so getting one of their CM's would be sweet, Verrati being my top target from them :)

If what you are saying was to happen then the lads in charge of transfers should all be slapped anyway, its a short window, with 3 months previous to discuss a move.

They either have an agreement or they dont, you cant waste the whole window chasing one player. You do your negotiating, but you have to have a deadline for when its just time to move on to other targets.

I think Chelsea tv confirmed it I read somewhere

I'll look for it

Edit: that he was there

Another great exclusive from the Daily Mail in that case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea tv confirmed everyone but the injured Torres trained today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement