Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Those lyrics above need to be INSTANTLY emailed to fans to be sung effective tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

magnumbud wrote: »
    i read that and thought valencia outbid us and nearly cried

Wouldn't you still cry if that donkey is kept?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Right, I'm heading into town to watch the game, and instead of the usual depressing gargle of late, this will be a toast to the wee magician on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heading home from office, nearly forgot a match was on.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd now
    Following Anderson's loan move, David Moyes says: "We may yet send one or two more players out on loan" before the end of January. #mufc

Zaha and who else? And surely wouldn't be thinning the squad out unless they were sure of replacements.

He will loan mata back to Chelsea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Huge match tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zorro2566 wrote: »
    He will loan mata back to Chelsea !

Wait just Juan minute.....

Whatsa the "Mata" with you Zorro.....

How could you......

Ed is taking this Mata under advisment with his no. juan advisor...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you still cry if that donkey is kept?

i could accept him as a squad player but not first choice

Our Year wrote: »
    Huge match tonight.

Less of this match malarkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Less of this match malarkey!

. . . outside of the match thread! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Our Year wrote: »
    Huge match tonight.
    Big fat meh!!!
    It will take a few seasons like this one to get me worried about League Cup fixtures. I'd trade it for 3 points against anybody.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mata may not solve our most pressing issue, but I can't wait to see Hernandez getting fed balls from Mr. Assists himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was mental there for a while,things seem to be calming down a bit now again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

In fairness I can see Welbeck doing much better out of this too., He is much better player when quicker & faster passing.

Frightening pace from him to get to a pass ahead of Terry at the weekend. I know Terry is as slow as a ten tonne lorry at the moment but he had a good head start and Welbeck just appeared from no where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

People are commuting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It was just the beginning...

E5GMVy1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

People are commuting.

its only a mata of time before there home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

spongebob1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Will it be a Jones Evans partnership tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

mata may not solve our most pressing issue, but I can't wait to see Hernandez getting fed balls from Mr. Assists himself :D

Moyes needs to actually give Chicho more than 10 minutes on the pitch first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Semi Final tonight of a Cup Competition and nobody gives a hooter:pac:

Lets see if anyone can find this match thread down there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Love if the general positivity generated today manifested its way on to the pitch tonight and we put Sunderland in their place - Comfortable 2-0 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Usually this amount of posts in one day means my email hopping with reported posts.

This is possibly the most beautiful eight hours in Manchester United Superthread history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

I did not watch much of Mata play for Chelsea over the past 2 seasons. Woul d he play a similar style of football to Scholesy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

"We got him, runnnnnnnnn"
    20ac8ww.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Semi Final tonight of a Cup Competition and nobody gives a hooter:pac:

I guess you could say that the match...

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Doesn't Mata

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

billyhead wrote: »
    I did not watch much of Mata play for Chelsea over the past 2 seasons. Woul d he play a similar style of football to Scholesy?

I don't think he fouls (or mis-times tackles ;-)) quite as much as Scholes did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

We sold them Veron and they sell us Mata. It really is a Juan-Juan for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Usually this amount of posts in one day means my email hopping with reported posts.

This is possibly the most beautiful eight hours in Manchester United Superthread history.

Wait for the hangover if it doesn't pan out as expected. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

greendom wrote: »
    I don't think he fouls (or mis-times tackles ;-)) quite as much as Scholes did.

Dont think thats too hard to achieve:D. Does he usually play that support striker playmaker role?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Says yer Juan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

adox wrote: »
    Wait for the hangover if it doesn't pan out as expected. :pac:

Wait....I am not prepared for this...

F48QAK3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, if anyone knows anything about making GIFs in photoshop, please PM me. I've had an idea for an utterly hilarious GIF but they are way harder when you have to edit someone's head onto each frame and I need a bit of help. It would be a travesty if this GIF isn't unleashed on the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Are you saying there's a chance we won't sign him?

Well fcuk, this place will be in the Great Depression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads, if anyone knows anything about making GIFs in photoshop, please PM me. I've had an idea for an utterly hilarious GIF but they are way harder when you have to edit someone's head onto each frame and I need a bit of help. It would be a travesty if this GIF isn't unleashed on the world.

I'll take a pm of said gif once created man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Hopefully not the calm before the storm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

834706833.gif?1390334966

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Would much prefer for us to concentrate on getting 4th and have Sunderland go through tonight and not have to suffer Man City tearing us a new 1 in a cup final.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'll take a pm of said gif once created man

Oh you'll know about it when its made.

...You'll all know.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m

All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon

Juan Mata is not coming to OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Beat me to it! :D

And now there's calm. I really hope this deal goes through today. Imagine if we did sign Mata today but went out of the CC to Sunderland tonight, that would be a seriously mixed day. Anyway, my own feelings on it would be 'Doesn't Mata; Got Mata'

On a completely different note, I haven't seen it mentioned in here today yet and basically everytime Pogba sneezes this thread says 'Bless you'...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9128176/Pogba-Disgusted-

It basically goes "It was the match against Blackburn in December 2011 at Old Trafford...Paul Scholes had retired, Michael Carrick was injured, Darren Fletcher was injured...And there was Rafael in midfield and I was disgusted. I was disgusted and I didn't get on either."

I know it's not exactly news, but interesting to hear him himself say it, and now especially. It doesn't do great for our chances of resigning him in my mind, not with Fergie still there. And by 'there', I mean more than sitting in the stands and visiting local youth projects on behalf of the club.

Would it be out of the realms of possibility to think that SAF could be working in an intemediary capacity in these times of trouble? I know it's just a brief handshake between old respected rivals, but wtf is Gill doing there??

I'm just picturing Sir Alex waking up in the early AM last Sunday morning, darkness still abound. He stares ponderously out of the window at glimpses of a clear red morning developing over the Scottish countryside, "Shepards warn" he muses.

A waking Cathy rustles the bedsheets, momentarily startled to see her man standing silhoutte in the bedroon window. "What are you doing up at this hour?" she says softly. "Go back to sleep love." he responds. Sir Alex calmly puts some items in an old saddleback breifcase and takes his coat from the back of the chair.

"I thought you were out, I thought you were done, you're going to the game aren't you?" bemoans Cathy in a mild fluster. Sir Alex sits by her side, embracing her face, "My sweet Cathy, there is one more task I must complete, it is not mine to accept or deny, just to see that it is done. It isn't so much to do with today's game, but every game beyond. I can't tell you why now, only that I must go back." Sir Alex kisses his confused partner's brow and makes to leave the brightening room. "But when will you be back?" she pleads.
    "When it's done."

Thousands of frenzied fans descend upon Stamford Bridge as they hustle and bustle their way into the grounds. Amongst the furore outside, two figures stand still facing each other straight on. "Do you still have this in you? You old, sulky bag of shít." is posed to Sir Alex. He approaches the inquisator, until he can feel his breath in his face. "You ever call me old again..." Sir Alex begins seriously..."and I'll kill your fúcking dog." Time almost stands still as thousands walk by.

Suddenly, the two men break into laughter and embrace. "Fergie you stubborn bastard!" "Gill you positive cúnt!" After pleasentries are exchanged, the two old acquaintences unwind by a burger stand. "How's Cathy?" Gill enquires. "Not a bother" replies Sir Alex. "She thinks I'm going to protect The Golden Child or something. I couldn't tell her the truth, not yet, she's too fond of Shinji and if we're successful in our current assignment it won't bode well for him."

"So, shall we head in?" says Gill as he wipes relish from the tip of his nose.

"Yeah fúck it, sue come on." signals Sir Alex.

Gill enquires "So who's in the starting line-up today did you see?"

"Fúcked if I know, it'll be a massacre anyway, which will only help our quest here. Let's do this."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

While not the signing we urgently need you can never have enough world class players. Delighted with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fcuk it he's never right

it-celebrate.gif

stankratz wrote: »
    And now there's calm. I really hope this deal goes through today. Imagine if we did sign Mata today but went out of the CC to Sunderland tonight, that would be a seriously mixed day. Anyway, my own feelings on it would be 'Doesn't Mata; Got Mata'

On a completely different note, I haven't seen it mentioned in here today yet and basically everytime Pogba sneezes this thread says 'Bless you'...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9128176/Pogba-Disgusted-

It basically goes "It was the match against Blackburn in December 2011 at Old Trafford...Paul Scholes had retired, Michael Carrick was injured, Darren Fletcher was injured...And there was Rafael in midfield and I was disgusted. I was disgusted and I didn't get on either."

I know it's not exactly news, but interesting to hear him himself say it, and now especially. It doesn't do great for our chances of resigning him in my mind, not with Fergie still there. And by 'there', I mean more than sitting in the stands and visiting local youth projects on behalf of the club.

Would it be out of the realms of possibility to think that SAF could be working in an intemediary capacity in these times of trouble? I know it's just a brief handshake between old respected rivals, but wtf is Gill doing there??

I'm just picturing Sir Alex waking up in the early AM last Sunday morning, darkness still abound. He stares ponderously out of the window at glimpses of a clear red morning developing over the Scottish countryside, "Shepards warn" he muses.

A waking Cathy rustles the bedsheets, momentarily startled to see her man standing silhoutte in the bedroon window. "What are you doing up at this hour?" she says softly. "Go back to sleep love." he responds. Sir Alex calmly puts some items in an old saddleback breifcase and takes his coat from the back of the chair.

"I thought you were out, I thought you were done, you're going to the game aren't you?" bemoans Cathy in a mild fluster. Sir Alex sits by her side, embracing her face, "My sweet Cathy, there is one more task I must complete, it is not mine to accept or deny, just to see that it is done. It isn't so much to do with today's game, but every game beyond. I can't tell you why now, only that I must go back." Sir Alex kisses his confused partner's brow and makes to leave the brightening room. "But when will you be back?" she pleads.
    "When it's done."

Thousands of frenzied fans descend upon Stamford Bridge as they hustle and bustle their way into the grounds. Amongst the furore outside, two figures stand still facing each other straight on. "Do you still have this in you? You old, sulky bag of shít." is posed to Sir Alex. He approaches the inquisator, until he can feel his breath in his face. "You ever call me old again..." Sir Alex begins seriously..."and I'll kill your fúcking dog." Time almost stands still as thousands walk by.

Suddenly, the two men break into laughter and embrace. "Fergie you stubborn bastard!" "Gill you positive cúnt!" After pleasentries are exchanged, the two old acquaintences unwind by a burger stand. "How's Cathy?" Gill enquires. "Not a bother" replies Sir Alex. "She thinks I'm going to protect The Golden Child or something. I couldn't tell her the truth, not yet, she's too fond of Shinji and if we're successful in our current assignment it won't bode well for him."

"So, shall we head in?" says Gill as he wipes relish from the tip of his nose.

"Yeah fúck it, sue come on." signals Sir Alex.

Gill enquires "So who's in the starting line-up today did you see?"

"Fúcked if I know, it'll be a massacre anyway, which will only help our quest here. Let's do this."

Is that Woodward snaking at the back little creep!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In all the excitement, we do actually have a game in 1 hours time.

Fully expect a buzz tonight in OT. Its weird but today has made me feel confident about United for the first time in weeks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

My wife is a graphic designer . I don't use her enough to edit photos for me. What help do u need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Fcuk it he's never right

He's right here
    Mourinho knows they don't have to play utd but utd have to play Chelsea and city and what odds mata to get a winner against city to help Chelsea win the league

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement