Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Wheres Tuzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Hootanany wrote: »
    Getting back to the one in Phibsboro its the Indian place they have a load of food businesses from that place Aladdin and the 40 Kebabs to name but one

That's a pity :(
    Although the reviews for their kebabs are pretty poor anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Wheres Tuzo?

Dawson Street. I think the premises used to be a Costa.

Edit: It was an Insomnia! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

the place in the epicurean food hall does nice ones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the place in the epicurean food hall does nice ones

Saburrito, nicer than a lot on the list. And 0 votes you better get on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

god i was in tolteca today , it was sloppy and rotten :S it was absolutely disgusting , it took about 6 mins for staff to turn and face me and actually serve me :mad: even after seeing me , didnt think to tell someone that i was there, the counter top was all messy and absolutly disgusting, ingrediants and sauce everywhere and dryed in aswell , the seating area was n bits too , un cleaned tables with rubbish on them etc , i understand when its busy but not when they are all in the kitchen fcuking about!!!!! it was disgusting:mad: also what annoys me too is the way they just slop and throw the contents in, in a bad manor, well to me it is , compared to the other places! couldn't believe it today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

had my first Irish burrito a few weeks back, it was nice but nothing special. ended up making my own after that, tesco sells refried beans in a tin. its the nicest and cheapest fast food you can make at home, I dont see myself buying any in town again

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A V A wrote: »
    god i was in tolteca today , it was sloppy and rotten :S it was absolutely disgusting , it took about 6 mins for staff to turn and face me and actually serve me :mad: even after seeing me , didnt think to tell someone that i was there, the counter top was all messy and absolutly disgusting, ingrediants and sauce everywhere and dryed in aswell , the seating area was n bits too , un cleaned tables with rubbish on them etc , i understand when its busy but not when they are all in the kitchen fcuking about!!!!! it was disgusting:mad: also what annoys me too is the way they just slop and throw the contents in, in a bad manor, well to me it is , compared to the other places! couldn't believe it today

You should post on their FB page if it was that bad.
    had my first Irish burrito a few weeks back, it was nice but nothing special. ended up making my own after that, tesco sells refried beans in a tin. its the nicest and cheapest fast food you can make at home, I dont see myself buying any in town again

It's a bit silly to judge ALL "Irish burritos" on just one that you've tried. There are dozens of burrito places in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm so surprised at how well Tolteca is doing in this poll. I'd love it to be the best because it is my local but it just isn't. It's not not-tasty but it is too small and very overpriced.

Mama's Revenge gets it for me just ahead of Boojums. Boojums is the model for all to follow but Mama's Revenge pips it for now due to the size of their jumbo burrito and the mix of ingredients (I had a giant pork & chorizo burrito in there last time and it was to die for).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've been to Mama's Revenge four times and it's been a wildly different experience each time.

• Advertisement

Do you mash up the beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Do you mash up the beans?

If it's a tin of refried beans then it's essentially a bean paste. Delicious (actually the Old el Paso stuff, of all things, is great for home-made burritos)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tolteca still have the 2-for 1 deal which includes beer, they might not be the best but they are still somewhat good, plus 2 burritos and 2 beers for a 10er is very decent!

I've never noticed beer in Tolteca. On Baggot Street?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've never noticed beer in Tolteca. On Baggot Street?

yeah the 2 for 1 is only on in baggot street , its good value yeah but id prefer quality over quantity

You should post on their FB page if it was that bad.

It's a bit silly to judge ALL "Irish burritos" on just one that you've tried. There are dozens of burrito places in town.

Im judging the simplicity of them, not the quality.

Im judging the simplicity of them, not the quality.

But you said you've only tried one?

But you said you've only tried one?
    yes one in Dublin, have had Mexican food in different parts of USA and Mexico, a good burrito is not rocket science

anyway my point is OT, gourmet burgers are much cheaper and easy to make at home than a fast food gourmet burger place. just sayin its a great meal to make at home because its easy and quick

yes one in Dublin, have had Mexican food in different parts of USA and Mexico, a good burrito is not rocket science

Yeah but you seem to be judging all "Irish burritos" on the one burrito in Ireland that you did try, that's what I found strange.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I was in Suffolk Street and it was on there too.

im getting the two mixed up :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Boojum seem to have added some more options to their menu. I got a burrito with chorizo today and it was gorgeous. I've still only tried there and Tolteca on Suffolk St which I find to be very stingy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had the chorizo when it was first added and found it so salty! I think I'd try it again though mixed with chicken. Only 6 to go until my free t-shirt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Twee. wrote: »
    I had the chorizo when it was first added and found it so salty! I think I'd try it again though mixed with chicken. Only 6 to go until my free t-shirt :p

Oooh I got the free tee recently! So worth it.

Can't wait to try the chorizo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Ate in Burritos and Blues last Thursday. Felt sick for the rest of the evening, lay in bed with the food repeating on me until 2am and was on the bog twice.

Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ate in Burritos and Blues last Thursday. Felt sick for the rest of the evening, lay in bed with the food repeating on me until 2am and was on the bog twice.

Never again!

Which one did you eat in and what did you have on it?

Passenger wrote: »
    Which one did you eat in and what did you have on it?

Wexford Street. It was your average chicken burrito and I didn't even have the beans. It was just tasteless slop, the chicken was horrible, the rice overpowered everything, the salsa may as well have not been there. I hate to slate a place but considering it was the best part of €7, I expect better.

Yes i think they are very expensive for what is in them about €3 would be their true value.

Yes i think they are very expensive for what is in them about €3 would be their true value.

I don't mind paying 7 or whatever it was. Restaurants have overheads. But for that I expect something that's better than Mexican food I make at home.

I don't mind paying 7 or whatever it was. Restaurants have overheads. But for that I expect something that's better than Mexican food I make at home.

After all it's a wrap with some mince on it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Robert Lawlor

Burritos and blues are ok they have a good student deal to but i have to say K Chido Mexico is tops i have always got a lovely fresh burrito from here.

Advertisement