Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri an Mhi 70.3 - Prize Money Boost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Looking forward to this now. Seems the weather will be ok, some showers but nothing major. Some showers might do no harm too as temperature is supposed to be around 19C. I am just finalising my approach to the race but who knows what that might translate to! Should go well though. I might have to revise that time in the rollcall thread though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

You should be ok Peter if you have a compact chainset :)

I will use the road bike since this is a very hilly course

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

zico10 wrote: »
    Bonking is a far worse feeling than having ingested too many gels and not being able to stomach them.

I dunno, the feeling of having too much in your stomach is pretty awful too - especially sugary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

zico10 wrote: »
    Bonking is a far worse feeling than having ingested too many gels and not being able to stomach them.
    I dunno, the feeling of having too much in your stomach is pretty awful too - especially sugary stuff.

We'll have to agree to disagree so.

Re. overdosing on sugary stuff;
    Is the Squeezy Sports Nutrition provided on the run course gels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Not long to go now! Looking forward to this, weather looks ok. Rain forecast but not particularly cold. Gilet and armwarmers should to the trick.

Hows everyone set? Id some flat feeling legs after last Saturdays race but a massage today should hopefully solve that. Felling much better than i did Tuesday anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Will be refereeing again tomorrow - looking forward to seeing this one unfold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Best of luck anyone doing it, especially anyone stepping up to middle distance for the first time. Lough Lene was beautiful a few weeks ago....brrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Good luck to all racing and organising tomorrow - hope there's sun and warmth tomorrow. What is it about Athy and sunshine and heat each year on the same weekend and then ... anyhow .. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

thanks EC1000 for giving up your time !!!

havent done an half for 4 years.

Had a really badly inflated intestines on Wed, and lost another kg, but I am very hopeful to come around (at least for swim and bike) Had to run at work for 2k last night and it was crucinating.but on the bike much less painful than a fractured rip and since this is bearable i am quite positvie, and its getting better quite rapidly.
    nutrition might be a problem for the run (but I do hope it will be fine and its out of my control anyway and i know how far i can go and when i need to stop)
    Good thing is I havnt really lost energy and i was feeling very good wed morning and havent run that easily on a treadmil at 20kmh for a long time.
    looking forward to race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

should be a cracker of a race, anyone have a link for the live tracking and finish line web cam? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

mossym wrote: »
    should be a cracker of a race, anyone have a link for the live tracking and finish line web cam? :)

Updater

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

AKW wrote: »

They're about as useful as t1ts on a bull. They're updates are crap at races

pgibbo wrote: »
    They're about as useful as t1ts on a bull. They're updates are crap at races

I seem to recall base 2 race were tweeting updates last year being the main sponsor......

EC1000 wrote: »
    I seem to recall base 2 race were tweeting updates last year being the main sponsor......

I think I did more updating last year and I was doing the thing! ;)

TI usually good if Scotty is at the events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

So here's the current form guide as I see it-

- trinewbie, won here last year, serious current training fitness but serious bout of pre race injury-itis too (calf) :D

- Bambaata, good current fitness off sprint win last week, leaving it late to freshen legs, first battle with myself at last!

- Zico, trying to sneak under the radar but has been putting in the wrench time and we all know what he can run so may come down to a chase

- myself, 3rd here last year, claims not to be in same fitness,

- Ruaidhri Geraghty, good current form off win at Lough Cutra half,

- Paul Carroll, 6th last year, improving swim, good current form but hasn't nailed the half yet.

- Martin Grealish, good current form off win at Lough Cutra sprint+ , bound to be competitive

- Peter Kern, the coach out to show how it's done?, bound to be near front of swim, has dropped weight this week for the "hilly" bike course, is he really mad enough to do this on a road bike?

Prob a few more I'm unaware of but expect the above to be involved in any podium battles....

Should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck all. Should be a cracking race.

aye, best of luck all, have a good race.

Fazz wrote: »

I love the implied sandbagging in this :)

Best of luck to everyone taking part, sounds like it could be race of the year with that form list all hammering it out on the run after a tough, hard, bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Agreed.

sandbag.jpg

I love the implied sandbagging in this :)

how is fazz sandbagging? he says he's not in the same fitness...

am i the only one that read that as he's better this year..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

- trinewbie, won here last year, serious current training fitness but serious bout of pre race injury-itis too (calf) :D

- Bambaata, good current fitness off sprint win last week, leaving it late to freshen legs, first battle with myself at last!

- Zico, trying to sneak under the radar but has been putting in the wrench time and we all know what he can run so may come down to a chase

- Ruaidhri Geraghty, good current form off win at Lough Cutra half,

- Paul Carroll, 6th last year, improving swim, good current form but hasn't nailed the half yet.

- Martin Grealish, good current form off win at Lough Cutra sprint+ , bound to be competitive

- Peter Kern, the coach out to show how it's done?, bound to be near front of swim, has dropped weight this week for the "hilly" bike course, is he really mad enough to do this on a road bike?

Prob a few more I'm unaware of but expect the above to be involved in any podium battles....

Should be a cracker.

Almost forgot, Timmy Barry could well be first off the bike, savage bike split in Kenmare last year, not sure on his running pedigree but a class act on the bike.

how is fazz sandbagging? he claims he's not in the same fitness...

am i the only one that read that as he's better this year..:)

FYP ^

That could mean either he's not as fit or is actually much, much fitter. If it was me who claimed I'm not as fit as last year, I'd be 100% right. But Fazz ? ? ? :cool:

Going to be a great race, I'd love to see it.

FYP ^

That could mean either he's not as fit or is actually much, much fitter. If it was me who claimed I'm not as fit as last year, I'd be 100% right. But Fazz ? ? ? :cool:

Going to be a great race, I'd love to see it.

did you just fix my post to make the same point i was already making?:D

did you just fix my post to make the same point i was already making?:D

Had to be done ;)

I'll try to post a few updates here throughout the morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Best of luck everyone. Should have been some wagering going on here by us onlookers - better than a horse race. Tsk, tsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Will you be posting here or on twitter?

Good luck all, keep 'er lit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Please do Peter for something. Drafting ideally.

P kern s donnelly m grealish 1 2 3 out of water

• Advertisement

Fazz trinewbie in pack 3 mins back

Advertisement