Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri an Mhi 70.3 - Prize Money Boost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

EC1000 wrote: »
    P kern s donnelly m grealish 1 2 3 out of water

Bambaata 4th out and 3 up on trinewbie and fazz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Zico?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

presumably they off the bike ? whats the order now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Leaders at 55km. Peter back in 3rd. Hard to spot whos who!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

:D sorry thought it was olympic.. thatd be savage to be off the bike already !!
    s donnelly still in top 2..

• Advertisement

Niall somers miles in the lead after about 80k. Fazz in 2nd

4 min lead in t2

Zico 18 min off leader in t2

"Niall in first in 2.11, fazz in next 2.15, Paul c, another 2 people i dint know, dessie, another fella then Eddie in 8th in 2.19"

Somwrs geragthy carroll 123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Somwrs geragthy carroll 123

Any up date on how the ladies side of things are going. Thanks

Fazz, Bambaata, Zico?

Oh...and Peter Kern? And what bike did he ride?

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Fazz, Bambaata, Zico?

Bambaata succumbed to GI issues and DNFed.

Oh...and Peter Kern? And what bike did he ride?

The bike doesn't matter it's all about the swim right?

tunney wrote: »
    Bambaata succumbed to GI issues and DNFed.

That's never fun. Neither of them. Hope he feels better.

Fazz 4th. Ladies not official, podium affected by penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Well that didnt go to plan! Good swim, didnt push it but swam well. Bike was ok (had a cap which i was trying to hold to), run started great,legs felt great and i was eyeing up a mid to low 01:2x half but got stitch just after km3 after taking gel and water on a descent and that was the end of me. Tried in vein for a good while to deal with it but eventually walked most of the lap and DNF'd. Very frustrating having legs that wanted to go but not being able to.

Amazing race by trinewbie, well done. And solid 4th for Fazz, well done too.I was hoping i wouldnt see you til much later on the bike!! Very well organised by Tri an Mhi (which their events always are). Well done to Joey too, solid first HIM, 1/2 mara and god knows what else!! Zico how'd you go??? Never got to bump into you at the end unfortunately.

Now to see where to go from here, I dont want to waste the last few months work so hopefully get something in soon to use the form!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Fazz 4th. Ladies not official, podium affected by penalties

What was the out come here. Do you know what the penalty was for ? Did It cost anyone there position ?

Any results up ?

The original 1st and 2nd were reversed. Drafting penalty. The original 3rd would have won but for a mount line penalty

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Realistically I was never going to be in the shake up and Fazz's post yesterday was the closest I got to the podium, I finished 7th overall in 4.36.50. I didn't know what to expect heading into it, so I can't say I'm happy or disappointed. Neither my swim nor bike were super (31.04, short swim and 2.43.15) which is hardly surprising. Managed to run well off the bike though (1.19.47). I was worried my running had gone slightly backwards since April, so the time is pleasing.

zico10 wrote: »
    Realistically I was never going to be in the shake up and Fazz's post yesterday was the closest I got to the podium, I finished 7th overall in 4.36.50. I didn't know what to expect heading into it, so I can't say I'm happy or disappointed. Neither my swim nor bike were super (31.04, short swim and 2.43.15) which is hardly surprising. Managed to run well off the bike though (1.19.47). I was worried my running had gone slightly backwards since April, so the time is pleasing.

Fastest run of the day....and only athlete to go a sub 1:20. Well done.

And well done to all the athletes who rocked up to the start line!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

A clubmate in training for her first IM in Roth won the ladies. A nice reward for her few months of 18-20hr training weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

And well done to all the athletes who rocked up to the start line!!
    +1 you took 10 minbs out of Fazz on the run, tastes run of the day by a distance too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Thanks DD, too little too late though. Hopefully I'll find my bike legs before Kilkee.

zico10 wrote: »
    Thanks DD, too little too late though. Hopefully I'll find my bike legs before Kilkee.

I suspect you will. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Jebus thats some run Zico, well done.

Great race and well run, I came in at 5:21 took 27 mins off my 70.3 PB (Lost Sheep) so happy out. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bambaata, sorry to hear about the issues, shame when something like that is the big factor in a race

fazz, with sandbagging skills like that you must have been very popular in the clonmel floods for flood prevention

zico, savage running, trinewbie damn impressive.

when you see the level you guys are at it makes me wonder what the rest of us are doing heading to kilkee at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Who is 153 - DM? he must like drafting? Is there not a DQ for a second drafting offence or what is the rule? Guys like that should be lambasted for the cheats they are.

Advertisement