Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PCP finance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Any examples of the less interest on older cars finance?

You pay less interest on the reduced principle.

I'm not talking about rates.

e.g you will pay less interest on €3k over 2 yrs @ 9% than you will on €14k over 3 years @ 5.9%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That makes no sense then, you're paying more interest, it's basic maths, forget perceived values of the cars for a minute.

The finance cost is a lot more on older cars.

That makes no sense then, you're paying more interest, it's basic maths, forget perceived values of the cars for a minute.

The finance cost is a lot more on older cars.

How do you pay more interest? You are borrowing significantly less, over a shorter period of time.

Work it out. My maths are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

e.g you will pay less interest on €3k over 2 yrs @ 9% than you will on €14k over 3 years @ 5.9%

Not to forget that with PCP your average debt over the whole period is not ~50% of the whole financed amount.

grogi wrote: »
    Not to forget that with PCP your average debt over the whole period is not ~50% of the whole financed amount.

A PCP for a €16k Kia Rio costs €500 per year in interest. (based on 20% deposit) €1500 total

A €3000 loan over 2 years at 9.9%APR costs €150 per year. €300 total.

• Advertisement

A PCP for a €16k Kia Rio costs €500 per year in interest. (based on 20% deposit) €1500 total

A €3000 loan over 2 years at 9.9%APR costs €150 per year. €300 total.

Compare apples to apples, new and 3-year old ;)

I am pulling those numbers out of a hat:
    * New on PCP 3years: 5.9% APR, Price €25000, Deposit 20%: €5000, GFV €10000.
    * Used 3-year-old HP 3 years: 9.9% APR, Price €15000, Deposit €5000.

So, the financing cost looks like that:
    * PCP works out at €353/month, total cost is then €27708; PCP alone costed €2708.
    * HP works out at €320/month, total cost is €16520; HP costed €1520.

However, with same APR HP would be even more cheaper:
    * HP@5.9% works out at €303/month, total cost is €15908; HP costed €908.

Even HP for new car costs less, at the extortion rate of 9.9% is almost comparable to PCP@5.9.
    * HP@5.9% @ €20000: €606/month, total cost is €26816. Financing costs €1816.
    * HP@9.9% @ €20000: €640/month, total cost is €28040. Financing costs €3040.

To sum up: IMHO the PCP is a very expensive way to finance the car... At comparable APR the HP will always be cheaper overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is PCP available on used cars?

I am pulling those numbers out of a hat:
    * New on PCP 3years: 5.9% APR, Price €25000, Deposit 20%: €5000, GFV €10000.
    * Used 3-year-old HP 3 years: 9.9% APR, Price €15000, Deposit €5000.

* PCP works out at €353/month, total cost is then €27708; PCP alone costed €2708.
    * HP works out at €320/month, total cost is €16520; HP costed €1520.

However, with same APR HP would be even more cheaper:
    * HP@5.9% works out at €303/month, total cost is €10908; HP costed €908.

Even HP for new car costs less:
    * HP@5.9% @ €20000: €606/month, total cost is €26816. Financing costs €1816.
    * HP@9.9% @ €20000: €640/month, total cost is €28040. Financing costs €3040.

Ah, you corrected before I got a chance to!!

Ah, you corrected before I got a chance to!!

I used a dodgy calculator at first, some things weren't adding up :D

Ok, I admit to a little hyperbole with my example - but its not as outlandish as it seems.

Based on Falcon L's payments, all he could afford _sustainably_ was something like a kia rio or dacia sendero ( with a bit of kit) Even a poverty spec Fiesta was out of his league.

The deposit for the PCP was €3200, so lets assume we have that burning a hole in our pocket.

I gave an example of a 131 Sendero for €5995. Pay the €3200 upfront, and you are left financing €2795. Thats where I got my figure from.

An extreme example, but still illustrative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Ok, I admit to a little hyperbole with my example - but its not as outlandish as it seems.

Based on Falcon L's payments, all he could afford _sustainably_ was something like a kia rio or dacia sendero ( with a bit of kit) Even a poverty spec Fiesta was out of his league.

The deposit for the PCP was €3200, so lets assume we have that burning a hole in our pocket.

I gave an example of a 131 Sendero for €5995. Pay the €3200 upfront, and you are left financing €2795. Thats where I got my figure from.

An extreme example, but still illustrative.
    LOL Wwwwronggg. You can do better. Just a little more effort and I'll award you 4/10.

Falcon L wrote: »
    LOL Wwwwronggg. You can do better. Just a little more effort and I'll award you 4/10.

cool, bro! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

We are on the same hymn sheet so far.

Bit of depreciation - as opposed to the new one? ;)

why more tax? Lets compare like for like - things havent changed that dramatically between a 131 and a 161 car, have they?

ditto re: fuel consumption.

500 - 1000 repairs would be - as pointed out previously - a bad year for you. But since its still only 1 or 2 payments, its still not an issue. I said its cheaper, not cost free.

Anyway, I think you are just proving my point. Its not cheaper to buy a new car. It never will be. If you can afford it, and you want the new car, then go for it, its a great feeling all right.

Its just not cheaper.
    To be fair, I was thinking more a 2k to 4k car versus the new car in my example. In that case you might suffer 1k at worst depreciation but you might get caught for a 1k repair bill also. On that age of car the tax would be more expensive and fuel efficiency would be down too. So relative to a new large family car, the old one could be costing a bigger portion of 5k than many realise.
    Take your example of a 131, you will likely suffer half the depreciation of the same car if bought new, you will have same tax roughly, you are possibly into a major service with timing belt etc, quite likely to need a flywheel before 6th birthday and all manner of other repairs.
    So if we say your car new was depreciating 15k over its first 3 years. It might lose 7k over the next 3. You saved 8k versus the new car driver over the 3 years of ownership. From that saving, start deducting say 2k for timing belt, service and a flywheel, maybe another 1k for an unexpected fault and maybe discs and pads over and above what might be needed if you had bought new. You are then back to having saved only 5k over the new car. Zero interest being offered only on new could account for another 1k cost against the used car. You are now looking at only 1300 extra per year to get into a brand new car with no surprises.

mickdw wrote: »
    To be fair, I was thinking more a 2k to 4k car versus the new car in my example.

You are going into bangernomics territory there, and I think its even less likely that you will find that PCP is competitive at that point.

You make some valid points, but seriously you are depending on catastrophic bills to weigh the argument in your favour. A decent warranty ( take one out privately if neccessary) will take care of a lot of that. As for timing belts - most leases will allow 30K per year, so in 3 years its possible you will hit the manufacturers recommended interval. If you are buying at that age, make sure its either been done, or price it into the offer you make the dealer.

As for interest free credit - good point, but you wont get the car you want, just the one that nobody else wanted.

As for DMF - again, a warranty that explicitly covers it is your friend.

I still cant see how a PCP on a new car can be cheaper than 3 year old self financed.

Nobody saying its cheaper but 5k depreciation/year is not as mad as it sounds when you consider the actual costs of running ANY car.
    Re zero percent credit - I would have agreed with you as generally it would be run out models or poor selling models that would be put on the zero rate however and perhaps due to their recent troubles, vw have been offering 0% on sought after models.
    I was a person who always took these offers with a pinch of salt however Ive seen an offer from vw recently where a customer was looking at a new passat highline. To buy on traditional finance was 5.9%. To buy on PCP was 0%. Both deals were based on same trade in value and the same cost of new car after bargaining etc so the 0% was a true saving in this case and to be fair, the car in question is a recent sought after model.
    The direct saving was over 2k on interest. The PCP is then a no brainer - Go the pcp route interest free and if you want to keep the car after, finance the smaller amount at reasonable rate at that stage whether it be via vw bank or anywhere else.
    PCP is not something I have considered myself to date however with the low interest, its becoming impossible to ignore.
    Good luck finding a used car warranty that will cover DMF and as for those bought warranties, they might have some use as toilet paper. Each and every claim Ive heard via a third party warranty resulted in the owner having to front costs associated with strip down (at main dealers) prior to the warranty company making a decision on covering the work. Not alot of good to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭ajamesr

"The PCP is then a no brainer - Go the pcp route interest free and if you want to keep the car after, finance the smaller amount at reasonable rate at that stage whether it be via vw bank or anywhere else."

I think this is the point for many. Its not that PCP on a new car is the "cheapest" way to run ANY car. But it is often the case that it is the cheapest way to have a car in the 3 year old bracket.
    So for those that want a newer car, up to say 3 -5 years old, they may have once shopped in the 2 year old market when the car had taken the big hit in the first 2 years, kept that car for 3 years then gone and got another 2 year old car. THOSE customers are now tempted by some of the PCP packages for brand new cars because they are more attractive than buying that 2 year old car.
    So the market for the 2 year old cars is shrinking.

For sure there are cheaper ways to have a motor on the road. But if you are happy to spend 300 - 500 a month on a car, the question is how is your 300/500 best spent? At the moment some of the PCP options are the best value even with the early depreciation on a new car.

Nobody saying its cheaper.

My post was in reply to this earlier post:
    ajamesr wrote: »
    But the point I was making is that if you want to be in a car that is no more than 5 years old then buying a 2 year old one is actually more expensive than buying a new one on PCP.

Simply saying that this is not the case.

Re: warranties: Yes, there are a lot of sh*te cheap warranties out there, but if you buy a good one, and stick to the terms (like having vat receipts for the servicing, etc) then you will be covered. Or you can stick to Kia, Hyundai orFiat who offer a 5 year warrenty. Or better still, just save the money you would otherwise be paying monthly in a fund if the worst happens.

Also, many small/medium cars dont have DMF's (especially petrol variants*) so its not a certainty.

edit: Just looked and renault/dacia dci's have a traditional flywheel. Some Fiat mjets too. Seem to be a few cars that avoid the dmf route.

I think this is the point for many. Its not that PCP on a new car is the "cheapest" way to run ANY car. But it is often the case that it is the cheapest way to have a car in the 3 year old bracket.

Kinda like saying the cheapest way to have a new car is to buy a new car.

I contend that buying a 3 year old car, keeping it for 2 will always be more cost effective. Unless you really want the "new car" vibe ( which you only get for 6 months anyway)
    But that costs, and as long as folks are happy to do so, then thats cool. But its not cheaper. Even if the PCP payment is €200, you will be caught further down the line.

I know of no new car dealer who moonlights as a charity operation. And they offer no quarter to fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Nobody saying its cheaper but 5k depreciation/year..

This boils my p1ss. The 5K depreciation is (maybe) the first year. Not per year.

Otherwise, id be looking at a car worth 4K at end of my deal. Saying 5K depreciation per year is frankly misleading where people here are looking for honest advice.

guylikeme wrote: »
    This boils my p1ss. The 5K depreciation is (maybe) the first year. Not per year.

Otherwise, id be looking at a car worth 4K at end of my deal. Saying 5K depreciation per year is frankly misleading where people here are looking for honest advice.

Yep, the new 16k clio my gf got will only be worth 1k on upgrade in 3 years

• Advertisement

guylikeme wrote: »

To be honest I'm talking typical family sized car such as a passat retailing at over 30k and costing 15k to upgrade every 3 years.
    My current car has lost an average of 5k per year over my 8 years of ownership. Yes, a 40k drop! Everyone isn't driving a sub 20k car so my previous example of passat is a happy medium.

Yep, the new 16k clio my gf got will only be worth 1k on upgrade in 3 years

So, whats your point? :confused:

:):):):):):):):)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have read a lot of this thread as I was looking at PCP on a car. Depending on the value of the car in question and whether you can get very low / 0% APR then PCP can make total sense.

I'm changing my RX8 to something more sensible, but I still wanted something fun but less "involved" than an RX8. My monthly repayments on the RX8 (credit union loan) were about 350.

So I had two options:
    • get a credit union loan and buy another used car (that was both fast and efficient and reliable)
    • PCP a new hot hatch

I ended up getting a new Seat Ibiza Cupra for about 24k on PCP with 0% interest. So now I'm getting a new car with 192HP that should do 35-40MPG and I have added some options (sunroof, android auto, heated seats, leather / alcantara etc etc ) and have all the associated new car fun and warranty (first time buying new, never thought I would) I cant see the future, but I will probably pay the balloon payment and keep the car (GFV: 8500)

So over the next 3 years I will pay 24k for the car. Tax is 390 a year also

Lets look at the other option:

Get a credit union loan, If i borrowed 21k It would cost 24k (3000 in interest at 8.2% over 3 years) So now I have a 21k budget. So my buying power is now 21k vs 24k not that big a deal as its new vs used but anyway. In option A I'm getting a "free" loan from VW Bank.

So it came down to this:

What can I buy for 21k that will be as fun, efficient and reliable as the Ibiza Cupra? Answers on a post card please.

Some used cars made the short list. But a lot of them were 2.5 litre+ (330d 330i Focus ST) So this alone would add several grand over the 3 years. 1294 tax VS 390 tax is 2712 euro extra and none of them would be anywhere near as efficient as the Ibiza Cupra (claimed MPG of 47) We'll see how good it is really...

So for me, in this case PCP made sense, I'm getting a fun efficient car with a warranty. I have no credit costs and I right now I plan on paying the bubble.

On the other hand there are cases where PCP is madness e.g Something way more expensive that will depreciate, where you might not get 0% APR and will not be able to afford the balloon payment. Now you have no choice really but to PCP again and you may not be able to afford the next deposit so you need at add more of your own money and you are consigned to paying for cars as a service for life.

Thats a grim example but you get the picture. PCP can be abused to get yourself into a shiny car you cant afford. I bought a car I can afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

A post 2008 e90 330d is 750 tax, a 325d is 570

fm wrote: »
    A post 2008 e90 330d is 750 tax, a 325d is 570

Now find me one? With leather and M Sport with immaculate paint and interior

conzy wrote: »
    Now find me one? With leather and M Sport with immaculate paint and interior

Brazenly offer 21,500 for this and you will probably come away with it. Not m-sport, but its a coupe with leather, a 2 year warranty and only 21K miles. 2013, so just off lease I bet. da chape tax too.

The Ibiza is a great deal, but I imagine the novelty will wear off,and next year this coupe will look a lot better than it.

N2JlZDhhYjQ3ZmY0ZmI2OGJlNmMwNjliMDFkNTYyYzS80uI1Ii-HIsPY5Pfo3CFmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181MjQ3ODk3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

ok, so its not a 3 series either....:)

OSI wrote: »
    It's also 50bhp short and missing a whole bunch of kit his Ibiza will be coming with.

At least its driving the right set of wheels... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭ajamesr

An up side to PCP is that if the economy suffers another crash, or the value falls out of the bottom of the car you have, or your circumstances change - you can just hand it back without penalty. (I think after 1.5 years this is an option)
    A traditional loan would need settling in full. I know you could sell the car and clear the loan, but if the value has dropped below the loan amount or people just ain't buying what your sellin, it can be a problem. PCP has the hand back option.
    I bet many wish their mortgages had a hand back option when negative equity is anchoring them here.

An up side to PCP is that if the economy suffers another crash, or the value falls out of the bottom of the car you have, or your circumstances change - you can just hand it back without penalty. (I think after 1.5 years this is an option)
    A traditional loan would need settling in full. I know you could sell the car and clear the loan, but if the value has dropped below the loan amount or people just ain't buying what your sellin, it can be a problem. PCP has the hand back option.
    I bet many wish their mortgages had a hand back option when negative equity is anchoring them here.

I think you are talking about VT - voluntary termination. You have a right to do this, but only after you have paid at least 50% of the total costs of the lease - that is the car and the total interest and charges of the contract. It includes the GFV as well, so dont discount that.

Other than that, it depends on what you mean by "without penalty"

If you feel that loosing your 30% deposit and 18 months of payments are "without penalty" then you are laughing.

However, 18 months of payments on a 350pm contract is over 6 grand. A lot of banks will pursue you for that. especially if the value of the underlying asset has depreciated sufficiently to make it important to balance the books I would be very surprised if many contracts explicitly stated you can walk away at 18 months. Why are they 36 months in that case?

Remember that the value of your lease to the finance company lies partly in its cash flows. If they cannot be guaranteed or at least enforced it would wipe away most of their present value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Is there a time frame as to when you can change car on PCP? I'm coming upto the year mark on my current PCP deal but looking to change to a larger car later in the year. I'll probably be at around the year and a half mark when I do change and I'll probably go with a different car maker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I'm finally getting around to getting a new car. I've got 2 different dealers to give me PCP deals on 2 very similar cars. One car was listed around 43k and the other around 45k but both dealers said they will do a straight sale for 40.5k. The monthly payments over 3 years are within 4 quid of each other but the GMFV differs greatly with one at 17k and the other at 14.5k. Ideally I'd like the GMFV as low as possible as I plan to pay for it all at the end of the 3 years. Any reason why there is such a difference here (seeing as they are both 40.5k sales) and is there room for talking them into a lower GMFV?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I'm finally getting around to getting a new car. I've got 2 different dealers to give me PCP deals on 2 very similar cars. One car was listed around 43k and the other around 45k but both dealers said they will do a straight sale for 40.5k. The monthly payments over 3 years are within 4 quid of each other but the GMFV differs greatly with one at 17k and the other at 14.5k. Ideally I'd like the GMFV as low as possible as I plan to pay for it all at the end of the 3 years. Any reason why there is such a difference here (seeing as they are both 40.5k sales) and is there room for talking them into a lower GMFV?

If there is no trade in involved in your deal and assuming deposit you are offering is the same on both cars, one dealer must be charging far more interest on the deal.

That's what I thought alright. Can obviously just play one against the other now.

With regards GMFV, can you haggle with this? I want it as low as possible. Do you know or have experience of trying to reduce this figure?

That's what I thought alright. Can obviously just play one against the other now.

With regards GMFV, can you haggle with this? I want it as low as possible. Do you know or have experience of trying to reduce this figure?

There should be no issue with it, but it is somehow unorthodox (the public usually wants to have less monthly costs now and don't bother about future). However the lower GMFV, the less interest you will pay - the less money the financial institution makes off you.

If they don't agree to have it lowered, just put the twenty aside every month - effect almost (but a few euros of interest) the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Are you sure you can buy it for the GMFV?. I thought that this was the minimum that the car was worth. The car may be worth more than this at the end of the lease

• Advertisement

MIKEKC wrote: »
    Are you sure you can buy it for the GMFV?. I thought that this was the minimum that the car was worth. The car may be worth more than this at the end of the lease

Yeah I will be able to buy it for the GMFV. If I was looking to trade in for a new car again after 3 years I'd wasnt a higehr GMFV obviously but I'll be keeping this for about 5/6 years all being well so I want the lowest possible GMFV so that after the 3 years paying monthly installments I'll have a lower number to pay. No real issue then getting the dealer to lower the GMFV by the sounds of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Yeah I will be able to buy it for the GMFV. If I was looking to trade in for a new car again after 3 years I'd wasnt a higehr GMFV obviously but I'll be keeping this for about 5/6 years all being well so I want the lowest possible GMFV so that after the 3 years paying monthly installments I'll have a lower number to pay. No real issue then getting the dealer to lower the GMFV by the sounds of it?

Shouldn't be then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Depends on the supplier of the finance but in most cases the GFV isn't up for negotiation.

What do I need to apply for PCP finance by the way? Am I meant to show up with bank statements or similar? Also, at the end of 3 years if the GMFV is 20k I can re-finance under HP. If I have 5k cash can I pay off 5k and re-finance the other 15k or would I have to re-finance the entire 20k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

What do I need to apply for PCP finance by the way? Am I meant to show up with bank statements or similar?

When I applied I only had to provide proof of address (recent bill) and passport/drivers license d as ID and that was it. They just asked what my income was but never asked for proof or bank statements. I was very surlrised, esp S I'd only been in my job 6 months!

• Advertisement

sillysocks wrote: »
    When I applied I only had to provide proof of address (recent bill) and passport/drivers license d as ID and that was it. They just asked what my income was but never asked for proof or bank statements. I was very surlrised, esp S I'd only been in my job 6 months!

That seems almost too easy. No credit checks or need for bank statements or proof of earnings!

With VW Bank anyway they do a credit check. I was asked for bank statements and the credit was approved the following morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Yeah VW bank are definitely thorough! Wanted bank statements, letter from employer, asked about rent etc. Took the best of a week for me :-/

Was way quicker for us with VW bank through Seat, wife just asked for id and proof of address. No financial details asked just if we were home owners who we banked with. None of the bills are in her name so she only her payslip that are posted out as proof of address. It was after 5 in the evening when we applied so she didn't get approval till next morning but salesman said during the day they often get back within an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If you decide to keep your car after the 3 years is up, does the APR stay the same and you just keep paying or would you need to get a CU Loan?

Gael23 wrote: »
    If you decide to keep your car after the 3 years is up, does the APR stay the same and you just keep paying or would you need to get a CU Loan?

I've been told you'd have to re-finance using Hire Purchase if you don't pay the GMFV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

You can pay for the GMFV in whatever way you see fit. If you wish to acquire a credit union loan, go ahead, wanna pay in wads of fifties, why not. Of course the dealer will try and push you towards refinancing it with themselves through HP as they'll get yet another cut on that to.

Apr with vw bank is 6.9% to refinance the GFV at month 37. Probably cheaper than most credit unions can offer. Dealer probably makes €150 for facilitating the new loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Going to consult with my local garage in relation to the costs associated with the purchase of a new VW Golf Trendline through PCP but would appreciate any feedback anyone has on costs.

Does anyone have any idea approximately how much a 162 VW Trendline Golf would cost through PCP net over a 3 year period. If at the end of the 3 years, I don't not want to keep the car and want to end the PCP. Any information on deposits and monthly repayment amounts appreciated.

djPSB wrote: »
    Going to consult with my local garage in relation to the costs associated with the purchase of a new VW Golf Trendline through PCP but would appreciate any feedback anyone has on costs.

Does anyone have any idea approximately how much a 162 VW Trendline Golf would cost through PCP net over a 3 year period. If at the end of the 3 years, I don't not want to keep the car and want to end the PCP. Any information on deposits and monthly repayment amounts appreciated.

Roughly, based on a 6 - 7k deposit, I'd estimate 240 - 280 per month, with about 12k - 14k gmfv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sillysocks wrote: »

Reminds me of mortgage approvals during the boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Approx figures I get over the phone were:
    New 1.6 Trendline Golf would cost approx €27,000

20% deposit =€5400
    36 monthly payments at €404 p/m=€14,555

Value at end of 36 months =€9500

So handing the car back at the end isn't really an option as I would have already spent >€20000 on the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement