Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socom Successor H-hour pre-alpha preview

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It might be pre-alpha footage, but they put it out there, so it deserves to be judged. And I will judge: it looks like bland, stilted, generic crap. The 'dancing on the corpse' animation at the end also doesn't endear the game to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

My first multiplayer games on the ps2 were Socom I and Socom II and still remain to this day the greatest shooters I've ever played. The gameplay itself was phenomenal, maps perfect and the community of players was a thing of beauty. Still to this day have friends from them games.

The Socom series after the first two went very downhill including confrontation and Socom 4 on ps3. They were shocking compared to the ps2 games and a disaster to the Socom faithful.

Really hoping that H-Hour can replicate the experiences I got from the ps2 days, but I'll have my doubts until it's out.

Hopefully David Sears can replicate it back to it's best as he was part of the original Zipper Interactive which created the game and I'm sure he also has the guy that created the great maps on the old Socom's too. Shame he can't use some of the old maps unless Sony hand over the rights to them which is highly unlikely.

Can't wait for this to be released! Fingers crossed it brings back the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finical wrote: »
    My first multiplayer games on the ps2 were Socom I and Socom II and still remain to this day the greatest shooters I've ever played. The gameplay itself was phenomenal, maps perfect and the community of players was a thing of beauty. Still to this day have friends from them games.

tactical shooters always go that way.

Sales are down....add complosions and ****.

RIP Rainbow 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

dreamers75 wrote: »
    tactical shooters always go that way.

Sales are down....add complosions and ****.

RIP Rainbow 6 :(

Another cracker of a game! Totally forgot about that actually, good memories on the ps3 of that until they brought out the 2nd one which was a bit of a shambles! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

well if their is one thing that needs tuning , it's that horrible music in that video :L

Also did anyone else see at the start of the gameplay footage
    Look up at the top it says

"You were last killed by [MILF] ...." some good comedy their :D haha

But too be honest, looks dull and I've no interest, socom died along time ago, only way too revive it would be too bring out a hd remake of the game imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For me Socom was never good. It was pretty much the substitute PS2 owners had for the much better online shooters on XBox and Pc but it was a pale imitation. I had all the formats at the time and Socom was did cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

well that looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I liked Socom but I really loved MAG, it was such a good game probably the only MMOFPS I have played that worked and was neither a cluster f. or or wasteland.

I'll keep an eye on this. Pre Alpha footage is basically just to show a proof of concept so you can't take much from it but I've been burnt too often from crowd funding games to put another penny into any of them without at least the guarantee that if they don't make the game you get the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Takedown Red Sabre makes me never want to buy a pre game again.

Advertisement