Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating the main phone line for eircom technician

Options
  • 08-01-2014 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi

I had an eircom technician out today to enable fibre broadband to my house.

He had trouble locating where the main phone line enters the house and so was unable to do the job for me.

I now believe I have found it but would appreciate confirmation before getting another technician to come out for fear of wasting his time too.

He described to me how it should look and I think I have it however it doesn't have a cover on it so I'm not entirely sure.

I have attached an image of the box. It looks a bit of a mess tbh but I don;t really know what I'm looking at so I'm hoping you can confirm this is what he was looking for?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi

I had an eircom technician out today to enable fibre broadband to my house.

He had trouble locating where the main phone line enters the house and so was unable to do the job for me.

I now believe I have found it but would appreciate confirmation before getting another technician to come out for fear of wasting his time too.

He described to me how it should look and I think I have it however it doesn't have a cover on it so I'm not entirely sure.

I have attached an image of the box. It looks a bit of a mess tbh but I don;t really know what I'm looking at so I'm hoping you can confirm this is what he was looking for?

Thanks.
    Wow, it is a bit of a mess PurpleNurple, I cannot say conclusively but will get a technician to have a look and advise, Actually if you PM me with your tel number I can get the tech that was out to your house to advise. Probably makes more sense.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PurpleNurple

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

Thanks for the quick response!

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

No problem PurpleNurple, I'll contact tech tomorrow and let you know.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

Tony
    Cheers mate. Appreciate it.

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

Tony
    Waiting on tech to let me know on this PurpleNurple, and will have this tomorrow.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

Tony
    Hi PurpleNurple

I was advised this is not actually a socket, but a connection slip on cables coming into house. It is possible that alterations to house is hiding location of previous socket. I would imagine that if you cannot find a main socket this will have to be provided, then eFibre can be provided also.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

Tony
    Hi PurpleNurple

I was advised this is not actually a socket, but a connection slip on cables coming into house. It is possible that alterations to house is hiding location of previous socket. I would imagine that if you cannot find a main socket this will have to be provided, then eFibre can be provided also.
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Is there any way you can provide me with an image of what it should look like? 

It is difficult to locate something when I have no clue what it is or how it should look.

According to the tech that was here, it is a small black box about the size of the one shown in the picture but if that's not it then I'm completely lost.

There have been no modifications to the structure of the house since it was built.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me to help locate it.

Thanks.

Hi Tony,

PM sent just now.

Tony
    Hi PurpleNurple

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Is there any way you can provide me with an image of what it should look like? 

It is difficult to locate something when I have no clue what it is or how it should look.

According to the tech that was here, it is a small black box about the size of the one shown in the picture but if that's not it then I'm completely lost.

There have been no modifications to the structure of the house since it was built.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me to help locate it.

Thanks.
    Hi Purple
    I would call 1901 and have them request a new line in for you. Seems the more direct route at this stage.
    Tony

Advertisement