Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Cleaners and Santa Suit

Options
  • 08-01-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

hi all,

Simple question, I dropped in a Santa Suit to be Dry Cleaned and when i got it back the white sections had turned pink. Before i handed it over i did ask them if they had done Santa Suits before and they told me they were experenced with them.

I brought the suit back and they told me they would look at it. I called them and they are claiming that it is a "manufacturer issue" but they will try and whiten the pink areas.

Does anyone know my rights in relation to this? Is this just something I will need to chalk up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Clearly the red dye has run, did the suit have a care label which mentioned dry cleaning or did it say no wash or hand wash only? From the legal perspective, the majority of dry cleaners have terms and conditions displayed on the premises which states that their liability is limited to the money you pay for the service i.e. your best outcome is that they waive the charges.

What symbols are on the care label?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

If the colour ran with drycleaning it should be possible to correct it with further drycleaning as long as the cleaner knows what to do (he probably doesn't or he would have done it already).
    If it ran with washing you're farked.
    The care label (if any) is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hi,
    May I ask what the care instructions were on the label and also what exact type of service you requested for your santa suit (eg dryclean, service wash, untold etc)

Advertisement