Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Connection question.

Options
  • 08-01-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

Hi, according to the coverage map eFibre is  now available in my area, however when I check my number it says it's not available yet. 
    I thought once the local cabinet was upgraded that it'd be available to me?
    Could you confirm the situation? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PurpleNurple

As far as I know a technician must visit the new junction box thing (not sure what its called) that has been installed in your area and activate the fibre connection to your house. The technician will also need to visit your house and make changes to your existing phone line in order to accommodate an efibre connection.

This will all be done once you have placed an order for efibre.

The best thing to do is call the eircom sales line and ask them. They will be able to do a test on your line to determine of you can get efibre, it only takes a few seconds to do the test and they will then book a technician to come out and make the changes for you.

Make sure you know exactly where the main phone line enters the house though. 

If the technician can't locate it they won't be able to enable efibre until it is found. I had this problem today. The technician arrived but was unable to locate where the main phone line enters and I couldn't get my upgrade :(

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi Tea 1000

I've double checked this for you and unfortunately your line is not eFibre enabled at the moment as you also checked it yourself on the coverage map.

In the process of being rolled out and also different address with the exchange areas are being upgraded at different times.

There is a note on our website beside the map which states this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Hi Tea 1000

I've double checked this for you and unfortunately your line is not eFibre enabled at the moment as you also checked it yourself on the coverage map.

In the process of being rolled out and also different address with the exchange areas are being upgraded at different times.

There is a note on our website beside the map which states this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.

Thanks
    Ash
    Thanks for that. (How did you know who I was?!?)
    Just another quick one, is there any way to find out what cabinet my line is going to or to find out when the line might be upgraded?
    Thanks.

Advertisement