Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door contact not working after linking out bathroom inertia sensor.

Options
  • 08-01-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

I am getting some work done in the bathroom and we linked the inertia sensor on the window by twisting the wires together. The tamper wires are still in their contacts.
    Now the side door open contact is not working which is on the same circuit. The side door inertia is working though.

Is there a setting needs changing.
    Its a HKC alarm.

Thx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No settings need to be changed. Was there one or 2 cables at the window you closed off?
    What way did you join the cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anniebyrne

Thanks for reply Koolkid

2 cables into the inertia sensor. The 2 (yellow I think) cables into the inertia contacts were taken out and twisted together and left out of the contacts.
    The tamper cables were left in the contacts along with 2 other pair of same colour cables in the spare contacts at the ends.

When logged out of engineer code it did give a tamper error. But that reset and I done a walk test on all the sensors in the zone and the only one not working was the door open.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The best thing to do is disconnect all connections & join colour to colour. That way the cable should be connecting through to the next sensor correctly.

Advertisement