Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBA Code

Options
  • 08-01-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I am trying to write VBA code to download a Zip file from a URL. This is part of a code to generate QR codes from a website which places them in a zip file. Each time the code is run the Zip file name changes so using Getelementbytag won't work. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Tobi101 wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to write VBA code to download a Zip file from a URL. This is part of a code to generate QR codes from a website which places them in a zip file. Each time the code is run the Zip file name changes so using Getelementbytag won't work. Any help will be appreciated.

Got some code specifically that is not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tobi101

No, I've tried looking for similar cases but can't seem to string it together and they all seem to be for a specific Zip file. So i am basically trying to look for help from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

Basically you need to get file file name of the ZIP file to download.
    Is the Web server public or private?

Can you enable directory browsing on the Web folder? or else host a text file with list of files and parse that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tobi101

This is the website,

http://qrexplore.com/generate/

You should be able to generate a few QR codes for free under 100, and anything over 5 codes creates the ZIP if you want an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Advertisement
Advertisement