Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New To Dublin

Options
  • 08-01-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All :)

I have just moved to Killiney and i am looking for livery yards for my mare, so i thought i would start with a post on here and see if anyone can give me some recommendations!

Im looking for good stables she needs to be in at night (not internal barns, mares opinion not mine!) not too fussed about a school, good turn out and good hacking? am i asking to much? would need livery, not DIY.

Any suggestions much appreciated,

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

would you travel to kildare?? (10 mins from enfield)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hi OP, have you tried this thread yet? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184063

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carnivalg

Hi, Kildare would be to far :(

Thank you, will try some details on the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hacking wise you are best looking towards Wicklow...

Hawthorn Lodge Enniskerry
    Brooke Lodge Stepaside
    Killegar Stables Enniskerry
    Rosethorn Stepaside
    carnivalg wrote: »
    Hi All :)

I have just moved to Killiney and i am looking for livery yards for my mare, so i thought i would start with a post on here and see if anyone can give me some recommendations!

Im looking for good stables she needs to be in at night (not internal barns, mares opinion not mine!) not too fussed about a school, good turn out and good hacking? am i asking to much? would need livery, not DIY.

Any suggestions much appreciated,

Thank you

• Advertisement

Hi Thank you for them, i am going to see Hawthorn & Kilegar this weekend already :), do you have a contact number for Rosethorn? will phone Brooke Lodge! thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

There are a few up around Stepaside, e.g. The Paddocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

cmore123 wrote: »
    There are a few up around Stepaside, e.g. The Paddocks.

Do NOT go to the Paddocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ellekav

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Do NOT go to the Paddocks.

Personally would stay away from The Paddocks too from my experiences there.
    Have had lots of lessons in Killegar so would recommend for that.
    I don't have a horse myself but have friends who have horses in Hawthorn. Lovely friendly yard. Good amenties and clean. Lovely recreational atmosphere.
    Also friends have horses in this yard. Amazingly clean and if I had a horse I would keep it here. Girls there are in riding clubs and compete most weekends.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/equineservices-for-sale/full-livery-in-enniskerry/6397835

Ellekav wrote: »
    Also friends have horses in this yard. Amazingly clean and if I had a horse I would keep it here. Girls there are in riding clubs and compete most weekends.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/equineservices-for-sale/full-livery-in-enniskerry/6397835

I am in this yard myself - cannot recommend highly enough. Very regular competers in that yard, once if not twice a week. Lovely bunch of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

hi OP, have you found a yard yet? Would highly recommend Glendalough House in Annamoe, Wicklow - its just out the Roundwood road about 20 mins off the N11 - best hacking ever! no road work at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

OP completely forgot about another one that may suit - fab forest hacking & have heard nothing but positive reports!
    Rathfarnham equestrian centre - they don't have a website but they do have a FB page

marley123 wrote: »
    OP completely forgot about another one that may suit - fab forest hacking & have heard nothing but positive reports!
    Rathfarnham equestrian centre - they don't have a website but they do have a FB page

+1 to Rathfarnham too! And they have an indoor, with a day like today that's super important :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Another recommendation for Rathfarnham here - have been there since 2007 and cant say enough good things. Big indoor, big outdoor, xc schooling fields in the summer, daily turnout, plenty of hacking and a great atmosphere and lovely people. Full livery very reasonable for Dublin as well especially considering the facilities.

*Sorry just to add as I forgot - I'm pretty sure there is a waiting list at the moment though!

Advertisement