Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second-hand Gaggia Coffee Deluxe

• 08-01-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I have found a Gaggia Coffee Deluxe for €40 in a charity shop on my daily commute, is this a decent machine (at this price)? How hard is it to get replacement parts for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

To be honest I'm not sure its worth the €40 if you don't know it works.

Parts will be tricky to get - similar form and style to a gaggia classic so some of the parts may be similar. Read some of the old threads on coffeeforums.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

donnacha wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not sure its worth the €40 if you don't know it works.

Parts will be tricky to get - similar form and style to a gaggia classic so some of the parts may be similar. Read some of the old threads on coffeeforums.co.uk

I'm hoping it's working, as it's labelled to be, I'll read the threads for it on the forum you linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Having had the whole pumped machine (krups) and two bean to cup (Saeco - pre and post Philips) I have changed to Delonghi. The reason being the cost of repair to the Saeco/Gaggai is quite prohibitive.
    They have a very poor customer service at present and when I called them in the UK, their own customer service said that it was possible to get my machine repaired but, that it would work out more than a new machine!
    In short DeLonghi is widely available, generally cheaper, pretty sturdy, can be repaired in Ireland (Dublin) and pretty much as with all these machines the internals are the same across the ranges.
    As for bean to cup, kids and quality, you man only get to drink one in two cups you make anyhow, so bean to cup is the way to go IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Wally Runs wrote: »
    Having had the whole pumped machine (krups) and two bean to cup (Saeco - pre and post Philips) I have changed to Delonghi. The reason being the cost of repair to the Saeco/Gaggai is quite prohibitive.
    They have a very poor customer service at present and when I called them in the UK, their own customer service said that it was possible to get my machine repaired but, that it would work out more than a new machine!
    In short DeLonghi is widely available, generally cheaper, pretty sturdy, can be repaired in Ireland (Dublin) and pretty much as with all these machines the internals are the same across the ranges.
    As for bean to cup, kids and quality, you man only get to drink one in two cups you make anyhow, so bean to cup is the way to go IMO.

You can get Gaggia repaired in Parkwest through www.gaggia.ie I've had great service from them in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I stand corrected, good to hear things have improved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement