Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal time for games

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi,

I take it by 'asked the mod & he said no' that means you pm'd the mod to discuss the action, & the mod has upheld the decision?

If so, one of the Games Cmods will look at this shortly.

Cheers
    Myrddin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RasTa wrote: »
    I got carded for this post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88366725&postcount=83

Asked the mod and he said no.

I don't think nonsense is being too uncivil, no abuse or name calling etc and I further elaborated on my point a few posts down.

Hi RasTa,
    My name is Tony and I am a category moderator for Games. Thanks for reporting the initial post and thanks for following the correct procedure relating to the dispute resolution process.

While I agree with you that the post in question didn't make a huge amount of sense, I think that your way of communicating your feeling was a little confrontational. Had you initially described *why* you felt that the post was nonsense (as you did once a warning had been issued on thread) instead of just stating it was nonsense, then I would not think a yellow would be warranted.

Having reviewed the case, I've decided to uphold the decision to award a yellow card. Just be a little careful with this type of posting style when discussing a particular console - gamers can be just as protective about their machines as soccer fans are about their club :)

In addition, I will ask the mod to double check to see whether another user also deserves a yellow card in this interaction.

If you are unhappy with this decision, please continue to follow the dispute resolution process by contacting an administrator.

Thanks,
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's still nonsense to get a card for mentioning the word nonsense tbh.

IF I called him a cu*nt etc then I understand being uncivil but nonsense? Please.....

Close it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RasTa wrote: »
    It's still nonsense to get a card for mentioning the word nonsense tbh.

IF I called him a cu*nt etc then I understand being uncivil but nonsense? Please.....

Close it

Hi again Rasta,

As per your wishes, the dispute will be closed.

Thanks,
    Tony

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement